GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


3,851 to 3,900 of 4,604 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

They roll around in laughter.

Aklo:
"Silly humans. Always so silly. Rocks can't kill us off."


Daily Spells & Abilities:

Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Guidance, Know Direction, Stabilize
1: Cloak of Shade, Faerie Fire, Stone Shield, Stone Shield, Thunderstomp, True Strike [D]
2: Barkskin, Barkskin, Gust of Wind, Ironskin, True Strike [D]
3: Greater Longstrider, Greater Magic Fang, Wind Wall, Bull's Strength [D]
4: Echolocation, Strong Jaw, Bull's Strength [D]

Abilities
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Wild Shape: 3/3 (8 hours)
Destructive Aura: 8/8
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Rage: 8/8

Silt considers the bees. He prepares some spells that might help protect his allies.

Leveled up! I also wrote a little spoiler macro to track daily abilities.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli looks mystified as the party takes its leave of the will o' wisps. He continues to bob up and down with his ball of light as they make their way and find respite.

That evening, he prays to Jalaijatali for sea water and insight. Doffing his tricorn, he sings to his little octopus friend.

The river runs wide and deep before him. As the moon rises, it expands to encompass all the lands and oceans. All of existence is a river, flowing to some unknowable end.

A white crane lands in the water and swims to greet the pair.

"You swim through waters tainted by great evils. On the one hand, those who make pact with the Dark Tapestry above. You know the sound of its tongue. On the other side, creeping evil from the greatest depths. Listen and I will sing its words to you."

The crane sings tales of shackles, mucus, overwhelming force of will. Joli listens and learns. Before it leaves, the crane asks,

"Is there anything more you ask of me?"

Joli replies,

We'll face terrible foes ere long. I'll need fleetness of foot and speed of stroke, and strength of arms. Have you songs to grant me this?

And the crane does, teaching him the melodies before it flies away, over the river of worlds.

Level 8:

+2 4th level spells/day
+1 1st level spell/day
+1 Spirit spell/day (Spiritual Ally or Wall of Ice)

Add Greater Longstrider to spell list (favored class)
+7 HP
+1 BAB

+1 Acrobatics
+1 Diplomacy
+1 Knowledge (Dungeoneering)
+1 Linguistics (Aboleth)
+1 Perception
+1 Sense Motive


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

That evening, after camp is settled and while his companions’ thoughts turn inward, Purpose Creche seeks out Joli. Curiously, he doesn’t respond to any of the grippli’s usual pleasantries. He is quiet for many moments before making his proposition.

”You hear the Rillsong. You commune with ancestors. Is there. Can you.” He goes silent and still once more. No shifting feet, no curling fingers. No learned social affectation. ”Have I explained why I’m here. Why I’m so interested in Azlant. I don’t think so.”

”You saw with the wyrwoods here.” He unfurls a thin finger and points at his chest. ”We are created. We are not like others. Our minds. My mind at least. Does not experience the world like others.”

”I do not feel. I do not know sadness or joy. I try to understand these things. Mimic them. Many still find me upsetting to deal with.” He removes his iron waistband and retrieves the weathered splinter from a coat pocket. ”My progenitor experienced the same. She made the rest of us. Kept us separate out of necessity. Stayed together to be safe. Always moving. Edges of towns. Not always treated ill. But enough times. Enough tension when talking outside family.”

”I want my progeny to be different.” His small voice, the brush of sandpaper against wood, the shush of cattails in the wind, drifts through the night. ”I thought the Azlanti would have secrets. Ways to change what I am. Ways to change those that come next. But I now worry that any secrets would be tainted. Also. If I can’t experience the differences I want to make in my kin. Can I make them correctly.”

”So I ask you for help. Can you help me feel emotion. Sing a song. Call an ancestor. Let the capacity for such a thing flow into me. I don’t know if it can be done. But would you try.”

He stands before his friend, clutching the remains of his matriarch.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

The grippli listens and reflexively puts his arms around Purpose. ”I would be honored to help, if I can.” He sings a brief song to his ancestors, consulting them to better understand his friend.

”My mother’s grandmother, Purripicheep, was an intrepid explorer. She speaks of some ruins she found in the Mwangi Expanse—Azlanti, in fact. She found there some dark magics about storing souls in gems. She’s speculating... Oh dear, grandmother, slowly now. I’m having a hard time… She has a theory. Perhaps some aspect of the Azlanti’s dark magics could be used to replicate the shape of a soul.” He continues listening for a while and nods to himself.

”My friend, you have emotion and soul in almost every way. You have desire—for mortal emotions, for something better for your progeny. What you lack, I think, is a deep tie between your thoughts and your body itself. Your yearnings do not manifest in sweat, arousal, rage, or the warmth of joy. You do not have a heart that quickens, making you feel in your wooden flesh the pain of others. To feel these things is both blessing and curse.”

He looks at Purpose’s chest. ”My ancestor thinks she may know a way to build resonance into an ioun stone, tying a wyrwood’s thoughts and feelings to its physical being. This would be fertile soil needed for a soul to grow. It will bring joy and pain and empathy and anger. Do you wish this for yourself and other wyrwood?”


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

”Yes. Yes. The most out of anything. More blessing than curse.” Purpose Creche taps a finger against his arm where he broke himself to prove his identity. The damage is repaired, but he knows the place. ”I spoke with Locwudo. A long time. I think I can make the stones now. Maybe bind things to them.” (I can make magic circles at this level)

He cocks his head at Joli. ”Where is Purripicheep. Can she show me. Teach me.”


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

”She has but little reach beyond my ear. But listen to her words, in brief.” He focuses for a moment, and Purpose hears a croaking, excited voice confirming Joli’s advice.

I’m taking some liberties with the way Ancestor’s Council works.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose keeps pace with the grippli elder’s esoteric explanation. ”I see. Yes. Alter the stone. Strengthen its connection with the vessel. Permit sensation.” He places his gauntleted hand against his chest. He feels the medallion beneath his coat—spiral and starburst. ”Thank you, Purripicheep.”

He looks to his friend. ”If Pharasma and Desna can join. Maybe I can join with emotion. Maybe I can determine my own journey. Find a soul on my path through existence.”


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

I think we're all leveled and ready to move on?

You awake the next morning and continue your trek to the House of Bees. Two thirty-foot-tall hexagonal stone towers, perforated with many even rows of square holes, flank a third, similarly hexagonal building only ten feet tall. A loud buzzing echoes throughout the structure, and the air is heavy with the sweet scent of honey.

DC 25 Knowledge (history or religion):
Followers of Amaznen cultivated bees and giant bees both for their religious significance—the bee was Amaznen’s sacred animal—but also because the high quality honey they produced was a luxury product that fetched a good price. The advanced social behavior of honey bees was seen as a symbol of working together toward a common goal.

DC 25 Knowledge (geography or local):
Bee honey was a prominent ingredient in the cuisine of Shaval-Kehn, and it was also used in herbal medicine and for the production of honey wine. You remember a few old Chelish and Taldan honey-based recipes that are allegedly Azlanti in origin.

Map on Slide 2!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche explains what's he read about the Azlanti connection to bees. "Cultural and religious significance. Luxury items and heritage cuisine. Unlikely relevance to our rescue attempt. But I would like to return when the colony is safe."

Knowledge (local), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 25
Knowledge (religion), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 + 4 = 33


Silt nids in agreement. Let Azlantbees be.

Seconded to pass this area up and move to the temple.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli shrugs and giggles. "Good thing we don't have a bear-person with us. They'd be mad." He hops along.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku stops for.a moment, considering.

”I do like honey though...”

Riku is fine with swinging by on the way back. I still need to find time to update his profile but Riku gained Imp two-weapon fighting, Pummeling Charge and gained an attribute point in STR.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The group carefully skirts the house of bees and continues along. Purpose sends a mind's eye up ahead and sees something impressive! An enormous fallen statue of Amaznen.

This seems to be the place. Purpose catches occasional glimpses of faceless stalkers skulking around.

New map!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Daily Spells & Abilities:

Prepared Spells
0: Create Water, Guidance, Know Direction, Stabilize
1: Cloak of Shade, Faerie Fire, Stone Shield, Stone Shield, Thunderstomp, True Strike [D]
2: Barkskin, Barkskin, Gust of Wind, Ironskin, True Strike [D]
3: Greater Longstrider, Greater Magic Fang, Wind Wall, Bull's Strength [D]
4: Echolocation, Strong Jaw, Bull's Strength [D]

Abilities
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Wild Shape: 3/3 (8 hours)
Destructive Aura: 8/8
Destructive Smite: 5/5
Rage: 8/8

Silt will buff up with Barkskin before we go in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby is lost in thought imagining giant metropolises of bees, and has to be stopped by Joli before he goes blundering ahead and ruining their element of surprise. "Sorry!" he whispers, loudly. No buffs or anything.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

When he wakes in the morning, Joli’s iridescent skin is especially vibrant. He sings and his step quickens. He sings more, forming a bond with each of his friends. Even more, and insight floods his awareness.

Life Link, Greater Longstrider, Heightened Awareness


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Heightened awareness and see invisibility as usual! Also...
Purpose Creche extends his gauntleted hand, palm up. He draws the weathered splintered and taps the implement's tip against the center of the gauntlet. At the touch, a thin sheen of flame flashes across his body, lining him in brilliance that gutters and fades a moment later.

"Careful. Ugothols lurking."
He cautiously approaches the statue grounds, bow drawn.

Talismanic implement, basically Occultist-only contingency. In this case, if something attacks me in melee, mirror image goes off!

Oh, and do I know anything about Amaznen?
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 2 = 22


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Amaznen was the lawful neutral god of invention and magic. His beloved was Acavna, the chaotic neutral goddess of companionship, defensive battle, and the moon. They were thought an odd match with their wildly different outlooks. He perished along with her during Earthfall.

How are you approaching the area? Are you trying to sneak, or just marching on in?


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

I think I'd try to sneak, but I'm very bad at it! At the very least I'm approaching carefully.
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Yeah… Silt doesn't sneak.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku, with a metal leg, is also not good at sneaking...


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby can sneak halfway decently, but it doesn't matter much if no one else can.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli creeps ahead of the party as if in defiance of their clanging.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Seeing Joli creep forward, Toby looks nervously back at everyone else, then follows along.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli uses his head start to scamper up on the wall discreetly.

Pedestal: The rectangular platform upon which the statue once stood is 10 feet high. Climbing the sides of the pedestal requires a successful DC 15 Climb check. The oval platform beneath the statue’s feet is only 1 foot above the pedestal.

Rubble: The rubble-filled squares count as difficult terrain. The 2 squares with rubble next to the pedestal cost 4 squares of movement for Small and Medium characters to move into because the characters also have to squeeze between the statue’s severed legs and the pedestal.

Statue: The body of the fallen bronze statue is 10 feet high on average. Climbing onto the once-smooth but now corroded statue requires a successful DC 20 Climb check. The uneven surface of the statue counts as difficult terrain.

Walls: The walls of the ruined buildings are 15 feet high. Climbing the jagged remains of the walls requires a successful DC 15 Climb check.

Four faceless stalkers on guard wielding glaives turn as the group approaches the entrance.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
stalker 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
stalker 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
stalker 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
stalker 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Initiative!
Stalker 1
Stalker 2
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose

Stalker 3
Stalker 4
Silt
Toby

Two stalkers move out from beside the statue! Joli, Harpoon, and Purpose are up. Remember that they have natural reach, so with the glaives, they threaten 15 feet.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli sings and suddenly all of the weeds and grass in the area spring to life, grabbing at the stalkers.

Entangle, Reflex DC 15

He leapfrogs onto the statue's head and then the ground, working his way towards a flank.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku charges stalker #2 and attempts to pummel them into the ground!

”Waa-kow!”

Fist 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Grapple leg: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Fist 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche grips the iron waistband tightly, and the metal gives slightly under his fingers. A shot of iron and lightning rushes up his companions' spines. Their pulses race, and their steps quicken on the ancient ground.
Haste for everyone! +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves, +1 to attack rolls, +30 ft. movement speed, extra attack on full attack action!

He then leaps backwards to gain a safe distance between himself and the ugothol.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The stalkers fight back against the encroaching plants!

Reflex save 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Reflex save 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Reflex save 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Reflex save 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Harpoon charges in, drawing AoOs from both stalkers, though they can't quite connect!

AoO 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

AoO 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

His leg and second fist connect, but don't seem to do full damage!

3 and 4 double-move in through difficult terrain!

Reflex save 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Reflex save 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Number 4 is stuck!

Initiative!
Stalker 1
Stalker 2, -23 hp
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose
Stalker 3
Stalker 4, entangled
Silt
Toby

(Also, Harpoon can take a hasted attack.)


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

More worms for killing!

Silt steps forward and full attacks with his claws and teeth, starting with #2.

Bite, power attack, furious focus, haste: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Claw, power attack, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24
Claw, power attack, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27
Bite, power attack, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 = 17

Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Magical, Claw 1, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Magical, Claw 2, B, S: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Magical, Bite, P, B, S: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt's bite takes out the stalker seriously damaged by Harpoon, and the rest of his onslaught of attacks takes out the other one!

Initiative!
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose

Stalker 3
Stalker 4, entangled
Silt
Toby


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche's hand tightens once again on the waistband. He lifts into the air, then speeds forwards to hover 30 feet above the fallen statue. Do I see anything from my new position?

Mind over gravity focus power, fly 60 ft. (perfect) for 8 minutes; 90 feet total with haste.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"GIVE US BACK OUR FRIENDS!" Toby shouts at the nearest stalker, his voice evoking the roar of storm-tossed waves as water begins to stream from him. The air goes dry as all of the moisture in the area streams toward him before he unleashes a torrent of icy shards at the creature. Gather power to pay for empowered metakinesis, accepting two burn for an ice composite blast.

ice composite blast (physical) vs. #3, pbs, elem overflow, haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 29
1/2 cold, 1/2 piercing damage, pbs, elem overflow: 8d6 + 13 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6) + 13 + 1 + 4 = 57 Empowered to 85 damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Droplets of water from Toby's torrential blast reach high enough to darken the leather of Purpose Creche's coat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli sings the sounds of leaves falling and grasses becoming dormant in Kuthona. As the plants shrink back, he does a magnificent set of standing high jumps, climbing, and aerial somersaults to land in between the stalker and possible reinforcements.

Jump: 1d20 + 15 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 8 = 42
Tumble: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Aboleth:

"If you tell us about your master, I'll ask the scrag not to eat you."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

The Harpoon fires his grappling hook at the statue and swings over to the stalkers, just as the vines recede.

Tian:
”Swift, like the wind!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

3 is certainly dead, but it gets an AoO on Toby before it goes.

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
ouch!: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Number 4 gets an AoO on the Harpoon as he swings in overhead!

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
ouch!: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Number 4 then tries to hit Joli with the glaive.

glaive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
ouch!: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

And slams into Harpoon with its featureless face.

slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
ouch!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

It stands strong, even though it can't seem to hit anything. However, Purpose notices another wave coming from the staircase! This crew has javelins!

Initiative!
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose

Stalker 4
Stalker 5
Stalker 6
Stalker 7
Stalker 8
Silt
Toby


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Seeing the anticipated reinforcements approaching, Joli sings to his ancestors for help. One of them appears to attack the nearest newcomer.

Concentration: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Spiritual Weapon v. 5: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 = 16
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

He steps up to the remaining member of the first wave, short sword in hand.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt is currently large; would this count as 1 or 2 squares of 4x movement to haul himself 10' up? Currently his position on the map assumes 1 square; feel free to move him back 2 squares if he can't get up the 10' slope any faster due to his size.

climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
climb (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Silt steps forward and climbs up the statue. Hasted, he makes his way across the pitted bronze as quickly as he can, grinning as he thinks of crushing their skulls like rass berries.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Spying the approaching ugothol, Purpose Creche dives past Silt and into the cover of the ruined walls. He once again taps the wasitband; the old stone flares with the reflected green light of his belt and bow.
Adding aberration bane to m'bow!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

The sound of rushing water fills the area as Toby draws all the melting shards of ice and puddles of water back toward him. He ignores the flailing arms of the creature he just annihilated as he once again unleashes a furious torrent, the anger apparent on his face. "How dare you attack our home! WE DID NOTHING TO YOU!" Gather power to pay for Empowered.

kinetic blast vs #4, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 30
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 9 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 1) + 9 + 1 + 4 = 31 Empowered to 46 damage.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

The Harpoon unleashes a flurry of blows against the nearest stalker.

"Bap! Bap! Bap! Waa-kak!"

Fist 1: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Fist 1 Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Fist 1 Haste Confirm?: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Fist 2: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Kick: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli's spiritual weapon harasses a stalker, but doesn't quite connect. The stalker up front lashes out at Silt as he goes by.

glaive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
ouch!: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Toby blasts the creature, but doesn't quite destroy it! Harpoon comes in for the killing blow!

The next wave of faceless stalkers move in, brandishing their javelins!

No reach weapons, but they have the normal 10 foot reach with their natural attacks.

Initiative!
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose

Stalker 5
Stalker 6
Stalker 7
Stalker 8
Silt
Toby


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt moves up to the nearest faceless stalker, drawing the greatsword as he does so before attacking from the high ground atop the 10' statue.

Come die, friend-stealing rass berries!

+1 seaborne greatsword, power attack, furious focus vs #7: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 23

slashing, magical: 3d6 + 17 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 17 = 25


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby moves forward, around the crumbled statue arm, unleashing a torrent of water at the onrushing stalker as soon as he can see it.

40ft movement forward, accepting 1 point of burn to empower the blast. Infusion Specialization reduces the cost of Extended Range to 0.

kinetic blast vs. #5, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28
damage, elem overflow: 4d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1) + 10 + 4 = 20 Empowered to 30 damage.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli advances on the lead stalker and sends his tongue lashing out.

Wave strike touch on #4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
NL Damage + 5' push + Fort DC 18 or prone: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

His ancestor continues to lash out at the same stalker.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Spiritual Weapon iterative: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 5 = 11
Force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche barely touches down behind the wall before taking off once more. He rockets above the stones and looses a glowing green arrow at Silt's opponent.
I'm 40 feet above the ground.

Longbow, haste, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (1, 5) + 4 = 11


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt successfully attacks 7! Toby blasts Number 5! Joli strikes Number 5!

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

However, the stalker remains standing!

The spiritual weapon hits with the first attack. Purpose hits his target!

Harpoon is still up.

Initiative!
Joli
Harpoon
Purpose
Stalker 5
Stalker 6
Stalker 7, -36 hp
Stalker 8, -30 hp, 6 NL
Silt
Toby


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku drops to the ground, reloads his harpoon leg, and moves in.

Tian:
”Wait for me!”

Acrobatics to drop safely: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

3,851 to 3,900 of 4,604 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.