Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


3,851 to 3,900 of 3,960 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Not too old," Silas responds with a chuckle and a raised eyebrow.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The song seems to spark some memories for Viv, who recalls creatures such as weaverworms, which explains both the luring song and the webs. They are probably inside lying in wait to ambush anything that succumbs to the song.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

"From spiders to worms is not such a great improvement," Niculaie sighs. "But I do believe we should investigate the watchtower to seek any sign of our quarry, which will require fending off Miss Deberth's weaverworms. I believe I can protect us from the effects of their strange music. Are there any other preparations we should make?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I think we are more or less expected, so discretion won't be useful anymore. You can do as much noise as you want, Silas. Who knows? Maybe that will protect us from that strange music?

The redhead giggles, then adds, more seriously

Have you ever heard about these kind of worms and their abilities?

Relevant knowledge, Monster Lore: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas nods and a grin appears on his face. He claps his sword against his shield and then spins the sword through a circular pattern.

"Shall we go meet these worms?" he says. "I shall introduce them to my boon companion."


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Weaverworms? I may have heard something about them before...."

Knowledge check, minimum bonus +12: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Minimum knowledge modifier +9:

Knowledge check with inspiration, + appropriate modifier: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Apparently, none of you know much about weaverworms, beyond what Vivian has already described.

The performance stops.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

'Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.'

Silas keeps his weapons at the ready and advances on the tower.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Vivian follows Silas, not too close, maybe ten feet away, trying to be unseen and unheard, hoping to be unhurt, her sword in hand


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"I would like to take a minute to prepare protection from evil and cast it on Master Womarsh, in case Master Pavlencas' music fails."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Following behind Silas and Vivian, Tara looks between the two with confusion. Leaning over to Sophie, Tara opens her mouth to ask a question, before pulling back opting to keep her observations to herself.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"I'll take all the protection magic I can get," Silas grunts. "Never know when a pretty girl is going to decide she's had enough of listening to me grump along." He gives Vivian a grin but doesn't say anything else.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

As you enter the tower, you find long, taut strands of shimmering silk filling the ruined tower’s interior, forming an intricate pattern running from floor to ceiling. Half a dozen large cocoonlike shapes hang from the ceiling, suspended above the tower’s hard-packed dirt floor. In the far corner, between two larger chunks of rubble, a wide burrow opens into the ground.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas' eyes narrow as he takes in the environment. At the sight of the opening in the ground, he takes a deep breath and silently gestures towards the hole. He begins slowly creeping towards it, keeping a grip on his sword.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie murmurs a prayer and then summons an ancestral polearm again. "Do you think whatever is in those cocoons is still alive?" She asks.

heroism + ancestral weapon


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

@GM - How high is the ceiling, and how high up are the cocoons? Can we reach them from standing on the floor?

"That is an excellent question, Ms. Kundergard," Niculaie murmurs quietly. In a more assertive tone, the bard chants a few measures in an ancient tongue, turning around in a circle to gaze at every corner of the room.

Niculaie casts sift, trying to quickly spot anything of interest that may be visible beneath the webs and rubble.

Perception, sift: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 5 = 13


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The ceiling is about 20 ft high, and most of the cocoons are reachable without difficulty. Niculae searches the surrounding area, but finds nothing of value, but the spell isn't sufficient to search the cocoons themselves.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

I assume we're all in the tower somewhere, yes? I moved Niculaie's token into what looks like a reasonable spot.

Niculaie cautiously approaches one of the cocoons and looks it over carefully, trying to discern what might be inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Total: 16 + 5 = 21


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas waits at the entrance to the descending tunnel.

"We should deal with whatever was singing before we bother with the remains of whatever they left behind," he says.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I do agree, mister Womash. We should adress this potential threat soon.I think whatever or whoever is in these cocoons is dead.. but I would be ashamed if I was wrong, and if we could have saved someone if we only took a few minutes to check. So please stay vigilant while we get a closer look. Miss Kundegard, could you use your long weapon to open a cocoon?


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Allow me to examine the cocoons and the building for magical auras, if you would." Pontia intones a quick cantrip and looks around.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie nods and tries to open one of the cocoons low to the ground, just enough to see what's inside


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The six cocoons contain the corpses of three goats, a horse, and two humans hanging upside down, their blood drained. No magic to be found, but you barely get a chance to even look before the ground under the hole in the corner erupts as a large weaverworm attacks.

Initiative:

Niculaie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Pontia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Silas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Sophie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Tara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Vivian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Creature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Pontia
Vivian
Sophie
Silas
Tara
Niculaie

Wormie


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas jumps back in surprise for just a moment before his instincts take over and he slashes at the creature with his blade.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie immediately begins to sing a Brevic lament for the lost royal family, and draws his bow, trying to recall more information about the weaverworms now that he can see one up close.

Inspire courage +2

Knowledge (unknown), inspiration: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (4) = 11
Modifiers (all others +9)
Arcana +16
Dungeoneering +10
Local +10
Nature +12
Planes +9
Religion +13 (+16 to identify undead)


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie swings overhead with her naginata at the weaverworm.

naginata, inspired, power attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 29
cold iron, magic, slashing: 1d8 + 9 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 6 = 20


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia incants an already-familiar spell. Everyone in the party feels themselves moving and reacting more quickly.

Casting haste. Since Pontia nominally acted first, does that mean that everyone gets the benefit of the spell before their actions?


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Delays until all spells are completed, right before the worm's attack

Vivian was waiting for Miss Canario and her allies to act. A familiar urge of speed seizes her as the magic user completes her spell, and Nicolae's words, while somber and grave, are as inspiring as ever.

The redhead uses her newfound speed to move quickly, trying to avoid to get hurt by the worm and positionning herself behind the creature, before the Pharasman slashes at it with her sword multiple times, in a blur

acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Attack, Haste bonus, Flank,IC: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 23
dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 Sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

2d haste attack, Flank, IC: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 30
dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6 sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

2d haste attack Crit?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 19 Keen Longsword, Crit 17-20
dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10 sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Potia starts things off by casting haste, which will allow both Silas and Sofia another attack. Let's resolve those first, because it is very likely they could end this battle before the worm even gets an attack. AC 20, but flatfooted is only 16, so Vivian did quite a bit of damage there! Also, assuming all waited for Pontia and Nic to start there benefits, these will gain the benefit fo r+2 inspiration bonus.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Pontia
Niculaie
Sophie (haste attack)
Silas(haste attack)

Tara
Vivian[/b]
Wormie (80 dmg)

Haste, Inspiration +2/+2 is in effect


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

naginata, inspired, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 28
cold iron,slashing, magic: 1d8 + 9 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 6 = 19


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Hasted attack ...

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 35
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 = 23


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Is it dead, Jim?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

He's dead, Jim!"

You make very quick work of a nasty huge creature. Upon further exploration, you find a sealed envelope half soaked in blood on one of the more recent of the human corpses The envelope contains a severely damaged letter and is barely legible.

DC 25 Linguistics check:
You can just make out that the note is a reservation for a room at Ascanor Lodge for a minor noble named Echtmoor Dravin, a week previously.

Soft webbing wreathes the walls, ceiling, and floor of the subterranean chamber. Several lumps bulge outward along the floor, unidentifiable under layers of sticky webs.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I'm not sure what these means... was it a T or a D on that letter? Could someone check?


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas shrugs, not even bothering to look at the parchment. "It's probably writing," he says helpfully with a grin.

Of more interest to him are the bulging lumps under the webbing. Using a sharp knife, he opens them up to examine them.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Linguistics + inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 7 + (5) = 27

"May I, Miss Deberth?" Niculaie peruses the blood smeared note, then offers it back to Vivian with a weak smile. "It is a reservation at the Ascanor Lodge, for a member of the lesser aristocracy named Echtmoor Dravin. He was to stay there a week ago."

The dhampir lets go of the letter quickly, then turns his attention to the corpse. He spends a minute examining it carefully, trying to read any additional information from physical clues and the remnants of any psychic emanations left after the person's death.

Read the Bones (Su) wrote:

Read the Bones (Su)

At 2nd level, a gravedigger can perform object reading as an occultist, but only on corpses, bones, and other physical remains.
This ability replaces poison lore.

Object Reading (Su):

Object Reading (Su)
At 2nd level, an occultist learns how to read information from items he examines.

Examining an item in this way requires him to spend 1 minute handling the item. If the item is a magic item, the occultist learns its properties and command word as if he had successfully examined the item using detect magic and succeeded at a Spellcraft check. This ability does not reveal whether the item is cursed unless the occultist’s class level is equal to or greater than the caster level of the item. If the item has any historical significance, the occultist learns one piece of information about its past (as determined by the GM). Finally, if the item was last used no longer than 1 day ago per the occultist’s class level, the occultist learns one piece of information about the last creature to use the item. This information might be a glimpse of the creature’s appearance, a brief vision of what it saw while using the item, or perhaps its emotional state when it last used the item. The GM determines what information is gained in this way. This functions like the psychometry occult skill unlock, but doesn’t require a skill check and can be used at will.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Interesting...

Niculae:
The letter is not magical in any way, nor does it have much historical significance beyond what it is. However, you do get flashes of the dead man's last moments....
You are shivering in the cold rain, wishing you were already at your destination. "So Cilas Graydon, you are going to owe me quite a feast when I arrive.... what is that music coming from the tower?"

Meanwhile, Silas finds more desiccated bodies, as well as a small trove of treasures: a potion (of heroism), a ring (of feather falling), and 721 gp in assorted coins.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"We should lay these people to rest and then be on our way," Silas says quietly. "The faster we find this lodge and then get out of the forest, the better I'll feel."


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Is there any chance of identifying the names with Knowledge (Local) or Knowledge (Nobility)?


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara peeks over Silas's head at the mention of laying the people to rest. "I can help with that!" she states, already pulling her holy text from her belt pouch and approaching the corpses. "When I was training, they had me specialize in funerary rights; They didn-" cutting herself off, Tara covers her mouth with a hand, before taking a deep breath before continuing, "Anyway, I can help lay them to rest."


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas puts a comforting hand on Tara's shoulder before setting to the grisly task of bringing the bodies out to dig shallow graves for them.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie tells his comrades about his vision of Dravin's final thoughts. "As Miss Deberth suspected, the music must be the worm's bait. Do any of these corpses appear as though they could be Mister Dravin's companion, this Cilas Graydon?"

When Silas and Tara broach the subject of burying the bodies, Niculaie pulls a shovel from his haversack with a sad smile. "I never travel without the tools of my profession, as far too often I find I have need of them." The dhampir begins digging graves for the weaverworm's victims as Silas hauls the bodies down and into the clearing.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

None of the rest of the victims seem to be identifiable. Their souls will probably rest easier after you perform your burial.

You are able to resume your travels late in the day, or you could probably use this tower for shelter for the night.

(Rest for the night if you like - you have several more days of travel.)

After another day of travel, you see something swinging from a tree up ahead.

The pale corpse of a naked man hangs from a large yellow pine, bound to the trunk with rough cords. His mouth is stuffed with large, pale purple flowers, and his wrists and ankles are swollen and dark with bruises marking where his bindings cut into his skin, but the large silver hunting knife embedded deep in his heart seems the most likely cause of death.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Ok," Silas says, looking over the scene with an appraising eye. "Someone was really pissed off. Does anyone know what those flowers are?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Know nature?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Pretty?
answers Vivian with a smile and a wink at Silas

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The thing that makes me wondering is the silver knife still embedded in the corpse. It's worth some money-don't look at me like that, it's true-so why the killer didn't took it with him? Or her? And who uses a silver hunting knife in the woods? Silver is soft. A regular blade would be more useful usually.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia shudders at the sight of the hanging corpse, but quickly regains her composure. "Miss Eliade, how long do you think he has been up there?" She approaches the body cautiously. "Silver puts me in mind of devils, though he doesn't look like a tiefling. What else is vulnerable to it?"

Knowledge (Nature) check to identify the flowers: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Good question...Let me see if I remember something interesting

Know Religion/Arcana/Planes/Dungeon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Pondering for a moment, Tara sighs wearily. "I'm not that big into botany, but he could have shown the affliction of lycanthropy. I'm willing to bet that these flowers are wolfsbane and that silver daggers are used to slay those afflicted." Struggling to loosen the rope holding the body up, Tara sturggles for a moment before turning to the group. "Can someone help me get him down? Even those that are afflicted should be given a proper burial."
Heal?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Know Aracana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

I don't actually know if this is a werewolf or not, but I'm just spitballing here.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

IIRC, identifying lycanthropes would be Knowledge (Local), since they're humanoids.

3,851 to 3,900 of 3,960 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.