GMF's Shattered Star

Game Master Fanguar

Current map Guiltspur Outside
Jubbek's Halls
The Silent Halls


5,051 to 5,100 of 5,119 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>

Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 2 = 26 (heroism)

"What do you think the odds are that if we lift these swords, the statues come to life and try to beat us with 'em?" Bibic chuckles.

"Let's take them on the way out shall we?" he says, though he's careful to cover anyone who wants to take them now.


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Religion: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25

Clement looks as if he's about to identify something about the winged statues, but shakes his head.

"Nope, don't recognize any of them."

As Bibic mentions the possibility of a cliche battle with the statues, Clement nods.

"About the same odds if they do that they're reduced to rubble by this guy and the archer with the fancy necklace?"

Make sure you put it on! Clem's down 41hp so we'll channel for healing.

Healing: 9d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 6, 6, 5, 6) + 1 = 38

4/7 channels remaining today. 168/171hp


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

1d20 + 27 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 27 + 2 = 48 Know (Religion)

"You all see this s!$@? It's a f#@*saw blasphemy: these statues represent angels in the service of the Outer God Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos. Nyarlathotep is not served by angels, although he and his cultists often adopt such guises to deceive. So, it's all b#*&!*$@." Spasi informs his coterie.

"Them swords are valuable," Spasi points to the valuable swords. "Grab them, Rheepus, won't you?"


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus stows his bow and has his hammer ready, then wipes Spasi spittle from his bald pate and grabs the swords.


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement gives the angel statues a second glance before nodding to Spasi.

"Yeah, they didn't seem right. Didn't seem right at all..."

Clement keeps the rest of his thoughts to himself, certain that Spasi's esoteric knowledge here comes from a source he's probably better off not knowing.


It is impossible to remove the swords from the statues without damaging them, but with a couple of love taps from Rhesus' hammer, they come free easily enough.

I'll just move you C3, to keep momentum.

Stowing the glittering weapons, Rhesus' leads the way through the archway to the east. Half of the hexagonal room beyond is buried under a wall of hardened lava, including the hindquarters of a gray stone statue of a faceless sphinx, which sits atop a two-foot-tall dais.

Shallow shelves have been carved into the side of the dais, in which sit various objects that appear to be of an oracular nature-crystal balls, censers, and the like, many of which have fallen from their alcoves to crack or shatter on the stone floor.

DC 35 Knowledge (religion) check identifies the faceless sphinx as one of the many forms of Nyarlathotep


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

"Good job with the blades there Rhesus." he says smiling at their value, and somewhat amazed the statues didn't come to life to defend it.

He moves along with the others, mindful of attacks from behind. In the next room, he ganders at the sphinx.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25 (heroism)

Bibic shrugs at the statue, unable to identify it with any certainty. He peers carefully around the door to C4, ready to jump back if something lashes out at him.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 2 = 26 (heroism)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi notes the proper collection of the swords and follows the group to C3. +1 to keep pushing Fanguar.

1d20 + 27 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 27 + 2 = 48 Know (religion)

"Ayep, that faceless sphinx is another of the many forms of Nyarlathotep, the unholy bastard that he is," Spasi points out. "Though I'm sure he's an Outer God or a Great Old One. No matter though, I'm not sure these are the kind of questions we want to ask right now, or ever."

He casts Detect Magic and examines the items at a respectable distance from the sphinx.

"Hey Rhesus, do you want to smash that Sphinx? I think it's giving you side eye."


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus looks carefully at the sphinx. "It doesn't have a face Spasi, don't see any eyes. Not sure it's a good idea to smash a god's statue after you've said it's name though, right? Isn't that supposed to bring a thousand years of darkness or some such?"


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

”Darkness? No. You’ll just wake up with an upset tummy and probably your left toe hairs will go unnaturally curly. It will be fine, I’m sure,” Spasi replies, not falling for hoodoo of superstition but also not liking the way the sphinx is looking at Rhesus.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

The young barbarian looks at his lecherous older companion with distrust. "But I don't want an upset tummy. Clem had to take care of me for two days last time and he was miserable. Weren't you Clem?"


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement glides into the room and struggles to see where the "side-eye" from the sphinx could be coming from, given it appears mostly faceless to him.

Smirking as Rhesus recalls a time long ago, he settles down next to the shelves and gives the crystal balls a closer look while chiming in.

"The sphinx isn't holding anything valuable is it? Given my power can bring a long corpse back to life, I wouldn't worry about sickness anymore."

Perception (orbs, dais, hidden things): 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 = 21


The divination tools on display around the edge of the dais include long-spoiled or ruined spell components for various divination spells, along with several other objects that still retain some value. Among these are a dented mithral font worth 900 gp, a handful of strange dice carved from a titan's bones (worth 500 gp as a set), a silver diviner's rod (worth 200gp), a curious metal orb set with tiny jet stones (worth 180gp), and a cracked crystal ball (this item currently has the broken condition). #Lootz

Clem:

Approaching the shelves, you suddenly feel as if the room were spinning around, while the sphinx statue grinds to life and turns to face you. You feel the faceless gaze hold you motionless while the world crumbles away to be replaced by the vastness of space. The certainty of a singular malevolence looming behind the stars themselves, a darker dark amid the blackness, fills your mind, along with a myriad of strange and horrific secrets. An instant later, the room returns to normal, and the your memory quickly fades leaving only the memory that you just stood before an entity known as the Crawling Chaos. (You must also succeed at a DC 15 Will save or be confused for 1d6 ⇒ 2 rounds.)

(C4)
As you go to peek into the room beyond, you begin to hear an unsettling hum. In the center of the room churns a great ball of fire. The sphere measures ten feet across and hangs in the center of the chamber, periodically sending short tendrils of fire out, as if tasting the air around it.

DC 27 Knowledge (arcana):
The sphere of flames is a delayed blast fireball spell that has somehow been "paused" at the instant of detonation.

DC 30 Spellcraft:
This hanging fireball is a boon to studying evocation magic. Any non-spontaneous spellcaster who prepares an evocation spell in this room while studying the fireball can prepare that evocation spell as if it were enhanced by Empower Spell but without increasing the spell's actual level.


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Bibic admires the loot as he helps stow some of it away. He admires the ball of fire. "Now that's not something you see every day," he murmurs.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 = 23 (heroism) vs DC 27
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 21 + 2 = 38 (heroism) vs DC 30

"Check this out," he says impressed, "...casting any evocations in here are automatically empowered. Quite a thing that."

He'll poke his head into C5 briefly, and quietly, though if he sees anything moving, he'll fall back and warn the others.
Perception: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 22 + 2 = 43 (heroism)
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29 (heroism)


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Will: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 = 35

Blinking a few times, Clement realizes he took flight without even meaning too, presumably as a reaction upon the feeling he was floating in the vastness between the stars.

"So, Nya'tep. The sphinx. Anyone else see them move and touch their minds?"

Clement looks at the shaking of heads of his allies.

"No? Just me. Great."

Clement keeps the others, particularly Rhesus, away from the shelves as they fill their extra-dimensional bags with the latest bounty of loot.

Stopping just short of the orb of fire, Clement nods.

"I see what's happening here. Hold up."

Communal Resist Fire (30dmg), just in case whatever is pausing it, stops pausing it. 140min, so 30 on Spasi, Bibic, Bibic's Girl, Rhesus and 20 on Clem himself.

Spells Left Today: 1st - 5/8 | 2nd - 6/8 | 3rd - 6/7 | 4th - 5/7 | 5th - 3/7 | 6th - 1/6 | 7th - 3/3


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

1d20 + 28 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 28 + 2 = 34 Know (Arcana)
1d20 + 28 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 28 + 2 = 34 Spellcraft

"Yeah, you're right, Bibic. This is good for those who have to study and train their ways into magic, unlike, myself, who is naturally gifted," Spasi brags easily. "It's good that you noticed that, Bibic, but what you failed to note was that fire in the middle there, do you see? That's the middle of an advanced fireball spell. I don't know that I could replicate it, though, to be honest, I've never seen the need to replicate it. I've never understood it...the delay."

Spasi shakes his head, making a point that he's made to the Priestess of Calistria many many times.

"The point is that I don't see the point to delayed gratification, nor delayed explosions, so the spell is quite uninteresting."

Spasi floats outside the room.

"If I want someone dead, I'm not going to delay my offering."

Spasi looks into the fiery room.

"What are we to make of this? Is it a trap? Or just a misfired spell? How are we to know?" Spasi asks the air. He circles Koriah, leering looking at her.

"So...Pathfinder Koriah, what would suggest here? Would we send the newest of us in there and see what happens? Or find another way? What is your plan?"


AC29/T18/FF22 / F +13 R +14 W +6 / Init. +5 / Perc. +19 / Sense Motive +14

Koriah is surprised to be asked a question by Spasi, and she's unsure what he's after, though she speaks plainly. "No, I would not send junior pathfinders in that thing, they'd burn to a crisp. Maybe it was an experiment gone wrong? Either way, I don't think there's anything for us here."

She looks around a bit more before suggesting, "Let's try this door, after we check it carefully for traps of the fire variety." She gestures to the south, though she hangs back a bit covering the parties rear.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus stays away from anything dangerous, keeping an eye on Clem.


C5

Keeping a cautious distance from the twitching fireball, you continue to the next room.

A hulking object lies upon a fifteen-foot-wide circular dais at the center of this room. The object is made of stone and seems to be a fragment of a much larger colossal stone carriage or conveyance with immense stone rollers for wheels. Snake motifs cover every corner of the object, while its front has been carved to resemble an immense serpent’s skull. Smaller shelves built into the edge of the dais contain numerous other objects ranging from weapons to pieces of armor to more mysterious objects.

DC 30 Knowledge (arcana):
The large stone carriage is a sizable fragment from a destroyed juggernaut of unknown qualities. Juggernauts are powerful constructs enhanced and powered by faith, and were used by ancient religions as machines of war. This juggernaut is no longer functional, but given the surviving portions, it must have been a truly colossal monster when it lived.

Giving the place the usual once over, you find that one alcove contains a serpent mask of beaten gold with amethyst eyes (worth 1,400 gp in all). A second alcove contains a mummified snake that radiates a magical aura from within, when handled for further study, it crumbles to dust, revealing an incandescent blue sphere ioun stone the thing had swallowed. A third alcove contains an iron wand of sepia snake sigil (8 charges), while a fourth contains a rod of the viper#lootz

Pairs of closed double doors sit in the northern and southern walls of the room.


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 = 30 (heroism)

Bibic assumes a professorial air, "The large stone carriage is a sizable fragment from a destroyed juggernaut of unknown qualities. Juggernauts are powerful constructs enhanced and powered by faith, and were used by ancient religions as machines of war. This juggernaut is no longer functional, but given the surviving portions, it must have been a truly colossal monster when it lived."

Satisfied, he looks over the loot, "Nice!" and wonders which of the doors they play to try next. "Perhaps the southern?" he suggests.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

1d20 + 28 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 28 + 2 = 31 Know (Arcana)

Spasi nods in agreement with Bibic's take on things...again. Yet again. It's been happening a lot recently.

"I'm not sure where you picked all this stuff up, Bibic, because I never see you cracking any books, but you're getting good at this," Spasi offers a rare compliment, even as he did the absolute minimal work to understand it himself.

Spasi will cast Detect Magic and examine the items, identifying them as is his wont, then passing them out.

The ioun stone is +2 to wisdom. Spasi will take but probably better on another.

Spasi looks to the south doors.

"What's going on there? Rheese? You ready to take a look see?"


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus nods, wiping the sweat off his pate and moving towards the indicated doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement takes a look at the magical rod and wand.

"More stuff, huh? Is that rod any good? Kinda looks like a mace."


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24
Clement Twice-Born wrote:
"More stuff, huh? Is that rod any good? Kinda looks like a mace."

Spasi explains the items, offering up the loot to others.

"They sure left us some neat stuff, but not the kind of stuff we can use-use, you know? Like power armor or vorpal shavers or anything, you know?" Spasi floats around the stack, his hand going to the bronze-stamped coin in his pocket.

"Soon we'll have to give an account to our boss-boss, you know? I wonder when we'll be done here, and what will happen to those who aren't one of us," Spasi's eyes flicker to Koriah, but he says little else.

He turns his attention to the doors and what lay may beyond.


C6

Opening the double door to the south reveals a sixty-foot-high room almost completely filled by a twisted metal pillar that rises up from the floor to apparently pierce the ceiling above. A narrow flight of stone steps, only two feet in width, winds up the side of the pillar to the ceiling. A strange, butterfly-shaped rune with what appears to be closed eyes on its wings is carved onto the middle of each step’s riser.

@Spasi: The entire pillar and stairwell radiates overwhelming conjuration magic.

DC 30 Knowledge (religion):
You identify the rune on each step as an ancient Thassilonian symbol for Desna, one associated particularly with her power over dreams.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

1d20 + 27 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 27 + 2 = 38 Know (religion)

”Hold up a second,” Spasi quoth. ”Something ain’t right here. Conjuration magic is afoot, which is second best to conjugation magic, you know?”

Spasi looks down at the steps.

”And those steps are Desnan. She’s okay, I guess. Not so bad to look at, you know? This runes here are pretty dreamy. So yeah, maybe one of you should go first.”


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Bibic looks on, wondering what Desna has to do with this place. He waits to see if Clement or Rhesus have any suggestions, keeping his bow at the ready in case something is summoned by their travel.


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement appears a bit puzzled at the suggestion of conjugation magic, looking in Koriah and Rhesus's direction for clarification.

He glides over and hovers near the steps, flapping his lengthy angel wings as he does so.

"Desna? There was once a time I wondered if my powers came from her but then I realized they were coming without any need to pray."

Shrugging, Clement glides up towards the ceiling around the circular pillar to see if there's a good reason for anyone else to take the stairs to the top.

"Let me see what's up here..."

Detect Magic at the top. Clement also hasn't used Discovery Torch in ages, so he'll cast that too.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 40


@Clem: From your vantage, it seems as though the stairs fuse with the ceiling. There's not space or voids visible at the top.

@all: This is more of a 'does your character want to experiment with the odd thing' type of situation.


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

As Clement glides back down closer to the others, he relates his discovery.

"It looks like.. well, it looks strange. Like the stairs merge with the ceiling? Maybe some sort of magic, if we walk up them we'll go into some sort of other dimensional space?"

Shrugging he adds, "it's Desna right? She's pretty good so we could just try climbing up them?"


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

"I'll pass. Desna can be fickle and curse as quickly as she blesses." He waits to see if someone else wants to try 'em.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi, a coward lover at heart, waits to see what happens to the others who go first.

His hand goes down to fondle the bronze disc in his pocket.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus doesn’t seem eager to experiment, but he’ll go first if it looks like Clem is about to.


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement smirks at the other's reluctance.

"What, Bibs? Are you worried you might actually take a proper elf-nap."

He clasps Rhesus on the back, who appears ready to go wherever he might.

"I've got your back if you have mine, let's see if we actually take these steps if some sort of happy magic happens."

Sounds like Rhesus and Clement will quickly ascend and come back down if nothing material happens. Clement will be right behind Rhesus as they sound too narrow to go side by side.


Rhesus will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Clem will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Rhesus and Clem begin to climb the narrow staircase that wraps around the pillar. Rhesus reaches the ceiling with little effort, but turning at a shout from Bibic and Spasi, he finds that Clem has disappeared.

Clem:
You suddenly find yourself on top of a windswept tower, some 20 feet across. Looking behind you, you see the staircase winding downwards around the tower for some 1200 feet until it disappears into the boughs of a verdant green forest that extends in all directions for as far as the eye can see.

At the very center of the tower’s top stands a miniature (10-foot-tall) version of the tower, held aloft by three delicate metal statues of butterflies who cradle the tower’s foundation in their wings. You the impression the idea that the three butterfly statues are in fact breathing and subtly shifting their weight as if they were alive. An alcove at the tower’s base contains a faintly smoking censer .


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi crosses his arms, waiting for a moment to see if they return.

"You think they're coming back, Bibic? Or do we need to find more mercs? Or if we want to scrape the bottom of the barrel more, go back to get more Pathfinders?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Bibic looks up and shrugs, "Well we've lost our healer so there's that. Though in the Pathfinders I'm always hearing the argument that a healer is worse than any other, Clem was a fine companion. He will be missed."

He takes a moment to, briefly, mourn his lost companion.

He looks at Koriah, and considers his own spells. "We can do some, and I think I have an old wand of Cure Light Wounds lying around somewhere. But yeah, we might want to pick up another Pathfinder for the symmetry."

He calls up to Rhesus, "You gonna come back down?"


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus begins back down, looking for Clem everywhere.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

LOL.

GM Fanguar:

How dangerous is this wind? Risk of a gust knocking him (or someone without wings) off?

Clement looks around for Rhesus, assuming his broad-shouldered companion would've crossed over to wherever he's arrived. Feeling somewhat relaxed despite the circumstances where he stands by himself somewhere he wouldn't normally have been, Clement gives the area a further scan paying closer attention to the mini-tower and butterflies.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 = 27

After a minute or so without seeing Rhesus, Clement starts to descend the stairs calling out for him.

"RHEEEES?"


@Clem:
It's a stiff breeze, but there is no danger of it blowing anyone off the top. You don't notice anything else of note in you survey.

You descend the stairs. Winding your way down around the tower, as you are about to complete your first complete rotation, you suddenly find yourself back in the room in Guiltspur, descending back down towards the rest of the party.

After a short time, Clem pops back into view, descending back down the stairs.


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

"Clem!" Bibic looks relieved, but whether its 'cause Clem is back, or because he won't have to interview a bunch of Pathfinders is hard to say. He's pleased and asks him where he went, "So what happened to you? You disappeared a moment and we thought the worst."


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement waves toward Bibic and looks at Rhesus quizzically.

"Did you see the windswept tower and the butterflies? I thought you were right behind me? Or did we each end up at our own tower?"


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

"The what?" Spasi looks confused. "What kind of funky smoke did you inhale up there, Clem? I'm pretty sure there are no towers nor butterfiles around here."

"If you're done sniffing flowers, shall we move on."


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus frowns and shakes his head. "I don't remember butterflies, I would remember butterflies."


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement gestures at the stairs.

"Not sure if it was real or imagined it, but as I got to the top I ended up on top of a tower. It was pretty peaceful up there with a small incense burner and some swell butterfly statues."

Clement looks at Rhesus, a bit surprised that his companion didn't appear along with him.

"So you saw me disappear but weren't able to follow me by going up to the top stair?"

The half-angel shrugs.

"Maybe just one of us can go at a time. It didn't seem dangerous at all."


So are other people going to investigate, or is the party just willing to move on?


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement shrugs as the others seem to express little interest in exploring Desna's stairs further and wondering if Rhesus saw his own tower, just one without butterfly statues.

To C7?


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi nods at Clem, following.


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Bibic agrees following the others with his bow out. He doesn't trust the magics down here and wants nothing to do with disappearing.


Moving past the remains of the juggernaut, you push through the room's northern doors and enter a short T-shaped corridor, the hallway to the north is blocked with ancient solidified magma, but the way is clear to the west.

Opening another set of doors, you enter a vaulted, cathedral-like chamber with a ceiling rising to a height of sixty feet above you. The northeastern corner of the room is somewhat collapsed, but the rest of the chamber seems to be in good condition. Another set of double doors open in the walls opposite you to the west, while four alcoves to the north and four to the south are occupied by statues of winged women with no faces and silvery swords gripped in their right hands. Four ten-foot-wide, fifteen-foot-tall glass jars capped with huge metal lids and filled with cloudy green liquid sit in the middle of the room. Large shadowy shapes float inside of each jar.

5,051 to 5,100 of 5,119 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's Shattered Star Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.