GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


751 to 800 of 1,619 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Walking into the back of the smithy Dolgrin looks around spotting the two large men. "y'all seem to to be short a Smith out front."


@Dolgrin: The men turn towards you but don't leave their task. One of the says, "Greetings master dwarf and be welcome. Not short a smith though. We've no commission work, so Master Carman has us working the smelters double time. Was there anything you were needing?"

@Zask and Vhaezil: My understanding was that the party was headed to the tavern by the smithy, which is the one closest to the docks. Totally ok to go to the other one, but if you do, let me know, as the local colour is a little different.

@Lichen/Daryl: Andren shakes his head. "The alchemist is in Thurmaster, I can't be heading out that far. Haldelar says he'll see about getting a message sent with the next person headed that way. And Jelenneth wouldn't take too kindly to me letting a bunch of random strangers into her room. I'm not even sure why you are all so interested in all this."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

The other tavern is good for us as i think we both had it in mind


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl simply shrugs at Andren. "If you don't wish our aid that is your choice... however I wouldn't want to be the person that decided not to check to make sure everything was OK, while a person who could have been aided wastes away in their privacy".

Daryl then walks away in search of the other party members... looking back over his shoulder to give the man a chance to reconsider.

If the man reconsiders: Daryl returns to him

If the man lets them walk away: He whispers to Lichen as they gain distance from curious ears. "Perhaps we can discuss with the others, and perform our own investigation later this evening... in our own way".


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

You seemed in distress. I offered aid. If we check the room you would be with us. That is why I insisted on it. There could be clues there. If nothing has been packed and no bags missing that would suggest she did not leave on a planned trip. As the other have said, she is likely fine. But if someone I cared about was missing I would take what aid was offered. Lichen begins to turn away and head back inside.

Persuasion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

lol. Lichen does not look like someone who could help I guess.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Agree with Zask let's hit up the other bar...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

To give some clarity. Zask and Vhaezil are heading to the other bar for a bevvy and will ask around about local going ons and if the carpenter also happens to be in the bar question him about the worg rumor.

investigation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Vhaezil Adv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Few have been the forges I've come across that were cold for lack of work. Most towns always have something broken. They are blessed here indeed if there is no work for the Smith.
Yet Mine is a Lord of the forges and smelting is part of that work, mind if I join you? Honest work for honest men."

insight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


@Zask/Vhaezil: You head over to the other tavern. A faded sign with The Silver Crown on it hangs out front. Inside, the tavern is smokey and filled with the sour smell of old beer and vomit. The floor is covered in a dingy layer of sawdust and several spittoons are scattered about. Several dirty, rough looking me are drinking with the stolid determination of those seeking oblivion. A wrinkled, white bearded dwarf sits at the bar drinking quietly. A thick man in a dirty apron looks up as you enter. He barks "No kids allowed," before going back to cleaning a mug with a dirty cloth.

@Dolgrin: One of the pair shrugs, "Master Carman prioritizes smelting ore from the mines. We'll take commission work, but there's no mending pots for coppers here." At your request, there is a pause before the older of the two replies, "All know that you mountain folk have a keen a eye and cunning hands when it comes to the forge and we'd be happy to have you join us, but you'd get the ok from the old man first. He can be peculiar about some things, and I'd rather not run afoul of him for letting someone just walk in and start messing with his property. No offense." Not sure what you are looking for with the insight roll

@Daryl/Lichen:"If her bags were all packed, then I wouldn't think that she was in trouble. Look. If you mean well, great, but you just showed up out of the blue. I've never seen you before. I'm sure you've got some ritual that you can perform to find my lost love, all for the low, low price of a few silvers. Milborne might be a small town, but I'm not so gullible as that. If you're heading to Thurmaster, then yes please do keep an eye out for her, but I don't see anything to be gained from giving you access to her room." With that Andren heads back inside.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask glances behind himself quickly as the barkeep shouts and then gives Vhaezil a sidelong glace before pressing on into the bar. Zask hops up on a chair beside the white bearded dwarf.

"I'm no child, barkeep; I am a halfling. Short in stature but strong in character! We came for a drink and to seek any truth behind rumor of the worgs."

As Zask settles into his chair he slams his modest quarterstaff on the bartop and lowers his voice,

"Unless you have a problem serving a child?"

Intimidation: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil watches impassively as the halfling stakes his claim in the gruff den.

The diabolist eyes the surrounding denizens - wary of potential trouble ...

Insight: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

... but see discern little through the haze of pipe smoke.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

As they walk away Daryl whispers to Lichen... "He's a strange one huh? Begs the innkeeper to look into his girl's disappearance, then gets all huffy when he finds someone willing to listen. I wish him luck, but if she's gone it's probably to get away from his mood swings".

"Let's go find the others, and see what mischief they've created".


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Agreed.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Was just making sure that what they were saying was on the level.

"That is understandable, where might I locate Master Carmen" Dolgrin will take his leave once informed and go to ask about helping at the forge

Dolgrins intent is two-part, one part to maintain his skills, the second part to learn what the men talk about. Surely the don't work without talking, many times you learn not by asking but by simply keeping your own mouth shut


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Sorry for my absence...

Rhys watches and listens to the exchange with the bereft Andren from the door way, then moves aside as he stomp back into the tavern.

"I'll see if I can get some more info on the lay of land towards Thurmaster..." he says, then wheels himself into the dimmer light of the tavern.

Once inside, he'll cast his eyes about, then range up to the bar, order up an ale and start chatting with any local that'll bear it.

Investigate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


@Zask: Seems a little aggressive...

@Zask/Vhaezil: The barkeep is taken aback by the veheminence of Zask's response, "No disrespect intended." The elderly dwarf cackles with glee, "Best give the lad something to drink Thimpsen, before he realizes he can find better than the piss you serve here." Vhaezil's survey turns up more amusement from the patrons than anything else.

@Daryl/Lichen: The guy was talking to his brother and his girlfriend's father about his concerns. You two are just a couple of dirty randos off the street with a terrible persuasion roll. I wouldn't trust you either. Which party members are you looking for? Everyone is a bit spread out at the minute.

@Dolgrin: They seem honest enough. "You can find him at the Mansion house. It's the biggest house in town. I don't expect he'll have much issue with you workin' at the forge, but best get permission first."

@Rhys: You have little issue in making conversation and over small talk you manage to put together a pretty thorough map of the surrounding area. I'll put together some sort of map shortly.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Content there is no immediate threat, Vhaezil settles into the chair next to his halfling companion as he makes his tastes know to the barkeep;

"For me, wine if you have it. White is adequate. Red is preferred."

The diabolist angles himself toward Zask, whispering in an sardonic tone;

"Bravo Master Quickhand. Quite the entrance. You have the patrons suitably subdued."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

With a broad smile,

"Subdued.. entertained is a bit more likely. I'll have a tea if you've got one."

Zask looks around and takes in the local flavor before leaning toward Vhaezil,

"Seems to be the first tavern we've been in that the patrons seem indifferent to you're garb. Say, do you ever take off your hood?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen recommends We should head back to where we left the others unless you know where they headed off to.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Nodding at the wisdom of the locals in matters of the lay of the land, Rhys the turns the conversation to the curious exchange at the door, indicating the boy with his chin, asking softly, "What's his story...lost his girl he says?" hoping the men's wish to gossip is greater than their respect for the boy....or lass.

Investigate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the halting with his usual impassive expression;

"I was being sarcastic. However do not sell yourself short Master Quickhand..."

The diabolist allows himself a brief smirk at his own wit, before further commenting in hushed tones;

"Indeed. They likely do not care, or are too ignorant to recognise a servant of the Infernal realm. As for my hood. I do remove it to bathe and copulate. Neither of which I have designs on you being audience to."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask looks to Vhaezil and raises his eyebrows before letting loose a great laugh,

"Indeed I wish to have no part in either of those events!"

Zask loosens the large shield off his shoulders and rests it against the bar and pulls out a long covered instrument,

"I hope you don't mind barkeep, you may find I'm a little rusty around the edges"

Zask begins to play his shawm at the bar to pass the time,

Performance: 1d20 ⇒ 17

the halfling sets himself into a trance as he plays a sad tune from his youth.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin thanks the men for the directions and steps back out onto the street looking to the west sure enough a house near enough to being a mansion stands on edge of town. Heading that way, he approaches the house from the front, and knocks, asking to speak with Master Carmen.

"Good day, I stopped by the smithy and was directed here. So allow me to get right to the point. You see I am a follower of Thirlo Silverhammer, and while I search the lands for lost dwarven forges, I must needs hone my skills daily when it is possible. When in a town, I work with the local smiths, nought for gain beyond food and lodging when available for myself and my donkey, Penelope. The men working at yours, said that you have only smelting to be done, but I would needs ask you before I could assist."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@Zask: You laying on the entertainment for the locals put me in mind of this: "There is an inn..." Of course in this Vhaezil is lurking outside with his hooded pals :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@ Zask/Vhaeil: As Zask begins plucking away like it's amateur hour at the local coffee shop, the crusty old dwarf slams down his mug. "Cut that s@#+ out. I'm here to drink, they're here to drink. If you're not here to drink, then piss off." He gives the bar keep a dark loo, "Thimpsen, get them drinking or get them gone."

The barkeep looks sourly at the dwarf and turns back to you, "No drinks before I see the colour of your coin. The wine will run a gold piece and tea goes for 10. If that's too rich for your blood, then the Mutton might suit you better."

@Rhys: Some polite conversation with the locals in the common room doesn't turn up much more information on the current situation. It appears that this all just came up. You do learn a little more about the people involved, though. The twins, Bartholomew and Andren are the grandsons of the proprietor of the establishment, a retired adventurer by the name of Dirkaster. The old man is sleeping off his midday meal, but usually makes an appearance in the evenings. Andren has been courting Jelenneth, the miller's daughter, for quite sometime now. Jelenneth has apprenticed herself to the Alchemist of Thurmaster and it isn't unusual for her to be away from Milbourne from time to time.

@Dolgrin: The Carmen residence is the largest house in town and is easily found. It is surrounded by a high wooden wall, but the main gate is currently open and you make it to the front door unchallenged. You knock is greeted by a serving woman, who is a little taken aback by the presence of a dwarf on the door stop, but listens to your request. She has was wait in the foyer for a few minutes before taking you to a sitting room to meet with the Master of the house.

Darius Carmen is a starkly dressed, dour man. He listens to your request with a stern expression. "That is not an unreasonable trade, Master dwarf, but I have solid men to work the smelter already. I also know nothing of your skill and I would be loath to make such an agreement with out knowing the quality of your work. As such, I propose the following: I give you permission to work my forge and use my materials for one day. You may only work while Walright or Semeren is present. Tomorrow, you bring me what you have crafted and if I deem the quality acceptable, then I will cover your expenses while you remain in town. Is that agreeable to you?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Walking with Daryl Lichen notes The people here do no seem to react well to me. Perhaps I need a bath?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4
Vhaezil Fællanbóc wrote:
@Zask: You laying on the entertainment for the locals put me in mind of this: "There is an inn..." Of course in this Vhaezil is lurking outside with his hooded pals :)

At least he was a little better received hah!

Zask stops the tune and looks down at the instrument and sets it back to its case.

"I never thought I was any good either Master Dwarf!

Another laugh escapes Zask and he provides 3 gold pieces, one for the old dwarf, the other for Vhaezil and himself.

"May you find what you're looking for at the bottom of your mug.

Zask will sit quietly and wet his lips with the wine, not really drinking any of it.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes his cup cautiously before sipping and musing to himself sardonically;

The demon drink indeed.

The diabolist then turns to address the belligerent dwarf;

"So here we sit drinking as bade to. Does a wine loosen your tongue old dverg? With a beard as white as winter's snow... Snowfall that some bumpkin had taken a piss on is a farer assessment of the colour and state...

The young man allows a smirk to flicker across his lips before continuing;

...surely you have some ancient hearth wisdom and tall tales to share with us?"


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"That's more than fair enough. Thank ye sir for the opportunity. Is there anything specific you or the town is needin."

Dolgrin nods his thanks before taking his leave.

GM, I'll post a follow up later currently away from my PC a my daughter's volleyball game


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl looks about the town as they walk. "Well sometime small towns are standoffish towards strangers... particularly such a strange group as ours. I don't hold it against them... probably in many cases trouble averted".

"I'm not sure where we'll find the others, but my guess would be if there is another tavern in town we'll find them nearby... so I guess we either wait near here for them to find us, or take our chances on finding another tavern... hoping that we don't constantly wander around looking for each other, and just missing. Perhaps I could ask a local if they've seen the others".

Daryl stops anybody who doesn't look entirely self absorbed, and asks if the others have been seen with a grandiose description of the other members of the band.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Persuasion


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Daryl, Rhys and Lichen should have a fairly good idea of where Dolgrin is at least once the deal has been struck with Darius. Dolgrin takes to his task with enthusiasm

GM (Dolgrin's Task):
Dolgrin returns to the forge, speaking to both Walright and Semeren. Collecting his tools from Penelope, he makes sure she is stabled for the time being and taken care of. Returning inside the forge he starts the fire, looking around to see what materials are available to use.

Smiling he notices small pieces of carbon steel laying around and a white powder that he'd used before. Gathering up five of them he stacks them alternating the steel, heating the pieces he welds the ends together then covers them with the white powder. Sweat had already began to drip from his beard as he wiped a sooty forearm across his eyes. The sound of hammer and steel began its song upon the anvil.

Continually he heated and hammered the steel, folding it in on itself and many times over the course of the evening, until it was no longer easy to tell where one piece of steel ended and the others began. Eventually the pattern reached a pleasing appearance to his eye and he cut the bar to make his individual pieces.

Again he heated the pieces and hammered them to make the beam and the pillar piece, using two similar pieces of stock for the pans. Making them as near to identical as he could...A larger piece could not take this amount of work and still be completed on time but there was a chance this would be something special. think damascus steel's look.

Earlier he'd spied a wooden base containing a broken scale. The base would serve the purpose for him and he would make the pieces he needed.
Now that the main pieces were roughed out he began the process of filing and refining the shape until the pillar stood tall and straight and the beam sat true on top of it. Them water and sand, followed by water and sand followed many more times by water and sand until the whole of the metal surfaces shone with it's inner beauty.

Once the scale had been completed Dolgrin took no small amount of pleasure in admiring his handiwork. To take the natural material of the ground and transform them into a tool for the tradesman was something to be proud of but to also create something that is beautiful, that is what Thirlo had taught his followers, utility came first, for if it didn't fulfill the purpose for which you made it; it was nothing but junk. But beauty could be had when extra care was put into the subject at hand.

Finding linseed oil in the back and some rags he cleaned the base up as well and made ready to present the scale to Master Carmen. Before doing so he spent time with a working version and verified he weighed true.

GM best I can tell this does not require a craft check roll, please advise if incorrect.

Wrapping the scale in oilcloth he returns to the mansion, unless Darius meets him at the forge, and request an audience once more.

"Sir, you gave me access to your forge and the materials held there within. Your charge being to produce something during my time to justify room and board as well as to prove my abilities with the hammer and tongs. Any apprentice can go in and make a hammer, sword or axe. A true master can make one that you could even shave with but alas time was not an option to follow there. So I chose to use my time building something that I saw was broken, a merchants scale. For always the shrewd business man needs to know if he is being swindled."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Zask/Vhaezil: Thimpson the barkeep raises an eyebrow at the appearance of gold, but scoops it up without missing a beat. He rummages around beneath the bar and pulls out a dusty bottle. He breaks the wax seal on the bottle and pulls out the cork. Taking a sniff, he gives a shrug and the begins to pour out the wine. When he goes to fill a third cup, the old dwarf says, "If you try to give me any of that elf piss, I'll stab you in the eye. Just give me another mug of ale." Thimpson stoppers the bottle and does just that.

The wine is a passable red, which is probably the best you could have hoped for, given the locale. The dwarf growls at Vhaezil, "Old I may be, but I'll still be here when you're nought but bones and dust. As for wisdom, here's a fine bit that I learned from my old pappy, 'Don't bother a dwarf when he's drinking.'"

@Daryl/Lichen: A couple of polite inquiries with the rag-tag group of local children that have been shadowing your movements provides you with the current locations of you companions.

@Dolgrin: Darius has no specific requests, but asks that you not get too ambitious with your first project. Very nice scene. I don't want to start multiple timelines, so I'll hold off on a reply scene. I don't have my book in front of me, but I'm pretty sure crafting assumes that you are spending a whole day working, so I'm not sure if that affects the party's plans for the following day.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Well Vhaezil, we've got a delivery to make dont we?"

Zask is good to find his pals and continue on this journey. I am content sitting in town for a day if that's what it requires for DOlgrins epic smithing


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

We step out for a minute to offer help to a local and you all disappear. Where did you get off to? That girl that went missing, or is at least late, she has a room here locally that we "could" go check out for clues. Not sure we would be welcome doing so though. Could save a life...

Can stay a day as well. Staying longer would stretch it.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil offers a curt nod in agreement at Zask's reminder that they have work to undertake.

He takes a final sip of the wine, then rises to leave. As he passes the cantankerous dwarf he pauses to give comment;

"White beard. A parting gift of some wisdom I learned far South from here: Qui enim littus infernum mergit pocula suae factionis."

Infernal:

He who drowns in his cups will be washed ashore in a hell of his own making.

The diabolist exits with Zask to locate his erstwhile companions...

Vhaezil is happy to continue with the delivery. Believe the plan was to overnight here? Did we not enquire about rooms?


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Daryl was to complete the inquiry about the room, don't know if that was completed. Dolgrin did mention they would need rooms for the night.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Oh! There you are! And you seem to have averted trouble... at least I see no new wounds or torn clothing. I have rates from the other inn... which seems a little more... descent..."

When informed about Dolgrin. "I don't guess it would hurt to spend a day with a warm bed, and food. Just don't want to tarry too long".

Room and board information

Spoiler:

The innkeeper looks at Daryl and frowns. "A bunk in the common room will run you 3 silver, it comes with a bit of a breakfast. There's rooms as well that sleep 2. They go for 10 silver a night and we'll set you on your way with a full belly in the morning. Now friend, just so you're knowing, a patrol of Imperials passed this way not too long ago. I'll take your money and you're welcome to stay, but if the Empire comes looking for you, I'll not be hiding you from them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Right back at ya," the old dwarf says to Vhaezil and downs his ale.

Several of the men watch Vhaezil and Zask depart, the easy display of gold having caught their attention.

There are other places of note in the town if you want to poke about some more, general store for example, and Vhaezil and Zask were initially poking about for one Garyld the carpenter, who might know a bit more about the local fauna. Also note that your lifestyle upkeep includes things like sleeping in inns and food and such, so you don't have to track that separately.

General consensus is just to spend the night and press on? There was some mention of perhaps a bit more of a covert investigation into the girl's disappearance. She also have family in town (her father was at the inn) if you are interested in following that up more.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen has suggested that a covert look in the girl's room might be worth the effort but lacks the skill set to pull that off, at least alone or until he levels up. He would support such a mission but other than that is ready to move on. Note that once we make second level his shape changing ability will provide a lot more options for him and he would be great at spying and sneaking about in a town such as this. But it seems I must pay penance a little longer at first level to gain such abilities. :)


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

General consensus seems to be to stay the night and allow Dolgrin's smithing ballad to continue :) (perhaps Rhys can sneak into the room to investigate if he's so inclined). Otherwise we can ask about the girl (as she was the apprentice to the alchemist if i recall correctly) when we drop off the chest. Zask has no interest in the girl but is happy to keep everyone company.

As Zask and Vhaezil meander through the streets once again he can't help but think of what the promise of worgs could bring,

"The worgs still plague my thoughts, I'm going to find this carpenter to see what merit he can add to the rumor Vhaezil."

Not sure if Zask would know where to find the carpenter but will roll for investigation with advantage assuming Vhaezil is helping prod as well

Where is the Carpenter?: 1d20 ⇒ 19
The who?: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Rumor? Of the girl?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"The men speak of rumors of worgs terrorizing the surrounding area, and have lead us to believe that the carpenter Garyld may have knowledge, maybe they are responsible for the missing girl."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin searches for others after his initial meeting at the mansion. Finding them walking down the streets he joins them for a bit.
"How are your inquiries going? I made contact with the owner of the smithy, seems he's willing to take a chance and let me use the materials in the smithy for one day. IF my work meets his approval, in the short term he'll take care of room and board here for myself an Penelope. But long term he has a smelter in addition to the smithy so I may be able to wrangle it's use for projects."

His excitement wanes a bit as he remembers their delivery. "Oh, your delivery, do I need to decline until I am here perhaps longer the next visit?"


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys waves away Lichen's concern for the girl, "The boy's been courting the girl for some time, but she's often out of town. In Thurmaster. She's apprenticed to the man we're bringing this chest to. Chances are we'll find her there. Seem she's more interested in stinky chemical than our pining suitor."

Turning to Dolgrin, "Your presence would be welcome of course, but the sooner this delivery is made, the soon we can be on to something else."


@Zask: Garyld the carpenter is a well known individual in town and anyone can give you directions to his shop. From your conversation you gather that he also serves as a bit of an authority figure in Milbourne. Shop is indicated on the map, if you want to know where it is in relation to the other buildings.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil listens, then adds his own monotone thoughts to the group's discussion on direction and rumours;

"We should seek this Garyld. If only to appease Master Quickhand's fascination with lupin-lore. There are some decent books on the subject... Jergus Hall's Of Tooth & Claw: The Ecology of the Worg being the only one I have been studied."

When he hears of the missing girl, the diabolist adds another dry comment;

"Another childe missing? Do these bumpkins forget where they left them... As Master Tamm says most likely ran away to avoid her amorous farm boy. Not every childe is stolen by gobyns or ghouls..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask waves his hand at the thought of chasing down the girl,

" I have no interest in the love affairs of children, and as Rhys has informed us it is more than likely she has returned to her master Alchemist. I'll spend the evening gathering information about the beasts."

Zask heads off to Garylds shop welcoming any company,

Conversation:

"Greetings master carpenter, myself and my companions are travelling through town and have spent some time among your locals. Rumor of beasts in the area has come to my attention. Do you have anything to add on these beasts? Be they large dogs or shadows stirring to scare the children?

Zask pulls on his modest beard in thought,

"I admit the safety of your town doesn't interest me so much as the challenge of facing a storm head on.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Her relatives don't seem overly worried, so I have no problem moving on. My patrons sphere of influence makes me question always when things are 'lost' but in this case, there is not proof that she is lost. However, I don't mind a soft bed, for another night, and have no issues staying out of sight".

Daryl will take a room in the first inn, and spend the time between now and departure, in study and quiet contemplation. He will however insist on a room with another route of escape... just in case.

"Just don't forget to come and get me before we depart".


Not a child. Might be older than some of you.

At the Carpentry Shop:

You step into a brightly lit workshop. Several pieces of furniture, in various states of completion of strewn about. At your entrance, a loud 'wuff' draws your attention to a pair of large hounds lounging amid the sawdust.

"Oh don't mind them. They wont hurts ya, unless I tell them to." A talk man with a thick mop of greying dark hair limps over you and extends a hand in introduction. "Garyld. Welcome to my shop."

Hearing Zask's question, he frowns, "Well the wilds are full of all manner of dangers, and from time to time, they have been known to threaten the town, but as of right now, I'm not aware of any specific threats. I mean, if you're the type that likes looking for trouble, there's plenty of places in these parts where you'll find it. I'm more the live and let live type myself."

@All: Here a map of the local area (based on the information gathered by Rhys) Map of Haranshire You can find in the player handouts spoiler in the campaign tab


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil decides to leave Zask to his Worg hunting;

"I too will retire for the eve. On the morrow let us discuss the way ahead and any further rural folklore and legends that Master Quickhand unearths..."

The diabolist then accompanies Daryl back to the inn, where upon arrival he requests a single room, and one with a lock...

"I am wary of thieves of both sleep and valuables and would prefer to be undisturbed... I have coin."

751 to 800 of 1,619 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.