GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


701 to 750 of 1,619 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen spends some time looking around and looking for other tracks.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

[ooc Stellar roles. [/ooc]


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@Lichen: My bad :)

Vhaezil also lends his own eyes to the inspection of the bandit camp;

Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

At Daryl's suggestion of occupying the place, the warlock offers his own thoughts in atypically aloof fashion;

"Should we stay we risk a visitation from the Imperials seeking brigands no? I have no desire to wear tangible shackles... However it would provide welcome respite from the road..."


Hey folks, just a friendly reminder from a while back about I would like us to do these kinds of skill checks. One person makes it, if some else is trained, they can help and thus provide advantage. If we are feeling min/maxish, feel free to work out in the discussion thread which checks should be made by each player and whether or not the party can provide advantage. Also when you are making a roll, please give me some insight into what you are trying to figure out, as it really really helps me with describing the result. That being said, everyone can feel free to actually describe what they want to do, e.g. pick through the midden, climb the tree, etc. If you tell me what you want to check out, (usually) no rolls are needed. RP trumps dice modifiers in most cases.

A cursory examination of the camp doesn't turn up anything particularly exciting. You find that the tents are arranged to sleep nine individuals. You also find a fairly extensive store of foodstuff. Much of it is perishable, but picking through it you can piece together the equivalent of 10 days worth of dry rations. There is also a bunch of mundane camp equipment, dirty clothes and bedding.

Lichen's survey turns up many tracks leading to and from the camp in multiple directions. Tracks criss-cross over each other making it impossible to pick out specific trails. Here and there he does pick out the occasional hoof print, but they are all quite old.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Doesn't seem as if there is much more to be had here. Seems it's time we continued on our journey?

Doesn't seem like anything nefarious here gents, Zask is happy to move along the merry trail


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lets at least gather some unspoiled food and some useful camping gear. Lichen suggests.


Anything else you want to check out here, or are we done?

@Lichen: Is there anything in particular you are interested in? We're talking pots, utensils, bedding, etc here. While I do appreciate a certain level of verisimilitude, I don't really want to have to think of everything that might be in the camp.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil assists in pulling together the dry rations;

"Would be prudent to carry some food. Our Goodberry crop might not always be available..."

The warlock nods toward the assailed rope in his usual flat tone;

"Sagacious too for one of us to climb the rope? We may find it leads us to a greater feast than mere dried meats and berries..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Did I miss something or is this a metaphorical rope? If it's a physical thing Zask will without a doubt climb it


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I am quite content to say general camping gear and foodstuff.


@Lichen: That's fine, but I'm guessing you aren't taking the bedrolls are tents. Random small useful camp stuff it is.

@Zask: It's an actual rope. Up you go.

Zask shimmies up the rope and begins to climb the tree moving branch to branch, higher and higher.

Zask:
You follow a trail of scrapes and scuff marks up the tree. Eventually, you reach a spot where a small, makeshift platform has been set up in the crook of a pair of branches. It's little more than a seat and when you sit on it, you have a clear view above the treetops of the woods and have an unobstructed of the road in the distance. You can make out site of the ambush and faintly see where the bodies have been laid out. In the distance, you can see a cart trundling along the road from the north, heading towards where the the corpses are.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask makes his way back down the tree and relays what he has seen to the group.

"A cart is headed to where the corpses were left on the road. We better move and make a wider berth of the road on our return. I'm not sure who they are and with our... diversity I'm not sure we should find out. Thoughts?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil almost raises an eyebrow at Zask's suggestion, offering an alternative in his usual soft tone;

"Perhaps we should alert this traveler to our heroic actions in exterminating this nest of banditry. Should they vouch for our actions it could yield further reward?"


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Tapping his staff against his shoulder methodically,

"Very well, let's go meet this traveller "


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Yes, lets. To hide only makes us appear guilty to any who may have observed our actions."

Dolphin states from the side, as he stows the new food stores located by Lichen in the packsaddle Penelope wears.


Three votes and we can move on.

You leave the camp and head back to the road. Shortly thereafter, a simple wagon drawn by a single horse plods into view. A man dressed in rough spun clothes and a straw hat holds the reigns. He pulls up as he sees you and the corpses laid out in the dirt. He licks his lips, his gaze bouncing nervously between you.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

These men were bandits. They had the bad taste to attack us unprovoked. You see the result. I trust that you will not make the same mistake?


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Eating his goodberries, Dolgrin nods at Lichen's words. "He speaks the truth sir, do you know who they might be?"

insight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 does he speak the truth


The man looks to Lichen, "If you say so. I'm not looking for any trouble."

At Dolgrin' question he points at Lichen, "That fella says they were bandits. I'm not one to keep company with bandits." @Dolgrin: He seems to be honest to you.

"All just be on my way then. The wife is expecting me home soon." He gives the reigns the smallest of shakes, and the horse begins to move forwards a slow crawl.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

with that roll I'd likely believe him if he said he was anything short of my beardless uncle :)

"Have a good day sir, never good to keep the missus waiting" he finishes with a smile and a nod.

Turning to the others, "I believe that we had business in town, before we were so rudely accosted, come along Penelope." gathering her lead rope he starts once more towards town.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil watches his companions with his usual impassive expression. As the cart and owner crawl off down the road, the diabolist cannot belay from making comment;

"Bravo Gentlemen. There goes a stalwart advocate of our deeds... Handled with the social acumen I would expect from a smithy and wild hermit. You did not disappoint."

The young man eyes the departing traveller wistfully, as he mulls his next sardonic observations...

GM-Fang: Was the traveller going in the same direction as us?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Watching the interaction with amusement Zask only smiles and shakes his head as he follows the wake of our trusted mule.

LOL to Vhaezils post. Onward to our delivery!


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen considers the carter's words and general demeanor.

Insight: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


@Vhaezil: He is going in the opposite direction as you were going.

@Lichen: The man has sweat beading on his forehead and seems to be very frightened, but the words he spoke do not ring of falsehood.

Anything else we want to do with the traveler or with the corpses or are we all good to go?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the cart as it continues to gain distance, then turns back toward the road ahead;

"Let us hope he does not encounter those Imperials. Fear will muddy his recollection of what he has seen here. Tales of armed men and corpses will likely be a catalyst for them to return to seek us out..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask is good to carry on gmf


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

You have nothing to fear from us good carter if you do not mean us any harm. Please spread the word of the vile deed these bandits attempted and that they have been given what they deserve.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)
Quote:
"Let us hope he does not encounter those Imperials. Fear will muddy his recollection of what he has seen here. Tales of armed men and corpses will likely be a catalyst for them to return to seek us out..."

Lighting a pipe as he walked, Dolgrin smiles at the scribe's comments "Perhaps if the learned among us had chosen to enlighten the easily muddled peasantry, we would need not worry about the imperials."

Paying little attention to the cart man as he departs Dolgrin heads for town, understanding distance at this point would do more for them than anything else, finishing the goodberries he feels much better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys gives the carter a sardonic wave, then turns with the others to continue towards the town...


Leaving the dead to bloat in the sun, you continue on your way. A few hours later you reach the outskirts of Milborne. Wading a through a shallow ford on the Churnett river, you step onto the muddy high street that runs through town. You could flag down a boatman if you really don't want to get wet.

The barking of dogs rises above the continual creak of a mill's great water wheel, as the town's local dogs come in to check out the new strangers. A few townsfolk move about their business and take a casual interest in your party, but visitors don't appear to elicit much surprise.

Thurmaster, and Ebin the Alchemist, lie some 40 miles upriver. No road connects the two cities, so you will either need to travel overland, or negotiate transport by river. Either way, that will be a task for tomorrow.

Map of Milborne

I've created a spoiler in the campaign tab for player handouts, if you ever want to look at them again.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Water sluicing off of him, Dolgrin shakes like one of the dogs come to investigate them. While he empties his boots of the collected water in them a near and dear sound comes to him, the sound of steel ringing off hot iron.

"I must spend time at the anvil this evening, as invigorating as sparring with our resident scribe here can be; there is something to be said for creating usable instruments from the raw resources provided around us." Putting his boots back on he looks back to the others "Should you need knives sharpened, or something repaired later this evening I may be able to work on it with the local smiths blessing."

Dolgrin will head for the smithy shop, sure they will not be leaving before morning. At the smithy he will inquire as to whether there is work he can help with.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask would like to head to the warehouses and boat houses to A. Ask around for any rumors surrounding the area. B. Try to hire passage for the group to our Alchemist

Zask nods to Doglrin
"I'll make my way to the harbor if anyone wants to come see what dirt we can uncover or find passage for the group. I'll gladly have company

investigation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Probably be best if I'm not seen at the docks for the moment. Maybe I'll accompany Dolgrin into town, and try to arrange for lodging at the tavern across from the Smithy".

"Speak up now if you have particular lodging requests, as mine are simple and cheap".


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

At Dolgrin's verbal jousting Vhaezil eyes the dwarf impassively as he retorts;

"Anything sharpened? A kind offer Master Shieldarm, but my wits are keen enough."

He then turns to the others, addressing first Daryl's, then Zask's comments;

"In this rustic paradise Draco I would expect little more than simple... and cheap. However if more salubrious and private accommodation is available I would welcome that."

"I will accompany you Master Quickhand. Let us see what lurks beneath the stones we disturb..."

Vhaezil will assist Zask's Investigation - asking questions, prompting information etc (provide him with an advantage)


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)
Quote:
"Anything sharpened? A kind offer Master Shieldarm, but my wits are keen enough."

"Indeed Sir Scribe, indeed." Dolgrin says shaking his head as he chuckles "Yet everything sharp must be maintained or it becomes dull, even your wits. Good to see that you practice daily."

with a wink he turns towards Daryl "Beginning to think you Sir might be part dwarf, met you in a tavern and here you go back at first chance. Come on, might enjoy a pint myself to wash the dust from my throat. Then to the anvil."


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys stamps his feet to get some of the water out, then surveys what's visible of the town, "I'll going you in yonder tavern as well, best place to learn the lay of the land."


I wouldn't say that it's a harbor per se, it's more of a dock...

Zask adv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

@the dock: A few polite inquiries with the locals turns up that there isn't any boat in town large enough to accommodate a party of your size (and donkey) up the river. Merchant barges do pass through fairly frequently and continue onto Thurmaster. You do find out that, while there isn't a true road that connects the two towns, there is a well traveled path that is used by the locals. You do learn a fair bit about the surrounding area, with a few grizzled men more than happy to speak at length about the local history. They get into a bit of a competition, each trying to one up the others' tales. It culminates with a warning about the Hardlow wood, "”Worgs! I tell you, I seen one the size of a horse three years back when it got a bit nippy ’round the end of the year, like. No, I tell a lie, ’twas the size of a house! Well, alright, I admit ’twasn’t me as saw it, but old Jethro, he done told me about it. Made his eyes near pop out of his head, it did!”

From all of this, you glean that, while the immediate area is reasonably safe, orc, goblins, lizardfolk and more have been problems in the past.

@Tavern: A dark wooden sign emblazoned with The Baron of Mutton hangs outside the building. As you approach, you can the sound of male voices raised in argument. When you enter, you find yourselves in a plain, but clean common room. An older gentleman is trying to calm an agitated younger man wearing an apron. The man's twin brother, also in an apron, is also trying to calm him down. The agitated twin says, "I'm telling you, something has happened to her. Jelenneth would never just up and leave with out saying goodbye, or at least leaving a note for me."

The rooms' attention turns towards you, at your entrance, and the non-agitated innkeep comes over to greet you. "Welcome to the Mutton. What can we do you for this fine day?"


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Not paying a great deal of attention to the goings on inside the tavern as his eyes are set on the smithy across the road, Dolgrin hears enough to know something is amiss.

"Passing through and came in to wash the dust of the road from our throats and perhaps inquire as to rooms for the night for ourselves and 3 more, plus stabling for my donkey." Looking back and forth between the innkeeper and the agitated younger men Dolgrin can't help but ask "Is there something wrong?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil listens to the men's one-upmanship of fantastical tales with his usual impassiveness.

When out of earshot of the grizzled river men he shares his thoughts with his diminutive companion;

Worgs? Magna Lupi... I fear these bumpkins enjoy their drinking as much as tongue-wagging. However their tales have some origin - perhaps wolves of the mundane variety? As such caution should be exercised if we mean to cross by land. However a barge would make more sense..."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Not fully accustomed to such place Lichen hangs in the back as the group enters the inn. When he hears the young man speak in distress he has to speak up and ask Someone is missing? Tell us more.


@Dolgrin: The smithy is unusually large for a town of this size. Multiple stacks belch forth a continual stream of acrid smoke and piles of slag surround the building. For such a busy place, you can't help but notice the absent ring of hammer on steel.

The Innkeep gives his twin an irritated look and says, "Nothing is amiss. Don't you go minding Andren. He's just got into his head that his lass has been kidnapped or some such nonsense, but her pa will set him right. If you ask me, the girl's finally realized she can do better."

"Anyways, it's nothing you fine sirs need to worry about. Now what's your pleasure? Lodgings? Food? Ale? You'll find no finer in Milborne."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

The absence of hammers in the background for such a large smithy bothers Dolgrin for a reason he can't place a finger on as of yet. Leaving a silver on the counter he says...

"Half for now and half for the refill when I return." Turning towards Daryl and Rhys "I'll be back shortly I want to check on something." Taking his mug he walks across the street towards the smithy.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Insight (To see if any hidden meaning can be gleaned).

"Pray tell, can you fill me in on your lodging situation. We have a group, that might require food and shelter".

He then turns to the young agitated man. "Could you step outside with me for a moment, and take a look at our gear... maybe make some recommendations".

Once outside Daryl presents his holy symbol of St. Nabu. "I'm not sure what is happening, however my patron, is quite interested in missing things, and I am willing to help... if indeed this girl is missing. Why don't you tell me your story... from the beginning".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Mulling over Vhaezil's words,

"Wolves or worgs what does it matter? Perhaps they might offer some challenge in this rather boring landscape."

Tapping his two feet with the end of his staff,

"I prefer to take the journey by land, keeps the muscles trained and strong. Comfort breeds weakness young Scholar."

Zask gives Vhaezil a light poke in the legs and with a wink,

"You never know, you may have to run from something, or someone one day. Vhaezil, what say you to joining me for an ale. We may find our companions in some trouble if left to open conversation with strangers for too long."

Zask would return to one of the taverns and also ask the barkeeps or locals in said location about the truth to the threat of worgs, I am going to assume Vhaezil will assist once again.

Worg Information: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Vhaezil's Adv.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen frowns at being put off by the innkeeper and steps out with Daryl if the youth takes the paladin up on his offer.


@Dolgrin:You walk across the way to the smithy. The front has a large doo which stands partially open and you poke your head in. The front of the building has a work area kitted out with with several anvil and a small forge that currently sits idle, cold. The back of the building is where the excitement is. The whole rear of the smithy is a massive smelting operation. Several large furnaces are being overseen by a pair of large humans.

@Daryl: There isn't anything about the innkeep that seems out of sorts or untruthful. He just feels that his brother is being a bit overly dramatic.

The innkeeper looks at Daryl and frowns. "A bunk in the common room will run you 3 silver, it comes with a bit of a breakfast. There's rooms as well that sleep 2. They go for 10 silver a night and we'll set you on your way with a full belly in the morning. Now friend, just so you're knowing, a patrol of Imperials passed this way not too long ago. I'll take your money and you're welcome to stay, but if the Empire comes looking for you, I'll not be hiding you from them."

Confused as to why his brother couldn't help you with whatever you're interested in, Andren allows himself to be led outside. Hearing what Daryl has to say, he says, "Thank you for your interest Sir, but I'm not sure if there's much you can do. You see, Jelenneth keeps a room here at The Mutton, but she hasn't slept in it for two days. Bart tells me I'm just being paranoid and Haldelar thinks she's just gone out foraging herbs for the Alchemist or had to run off to Thurmaster, but I'm not and she always leaves me note if she's got to run off. I'm sure something bad has happened to her. I can feel it in my bones."

@Zask:The locals are willing to confirm the existence of worgs and decry them as a myth in equal measure. The general consensus is that if anyone would know for certain it would be Garyld the carpenter.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@Zask: He will indeed assist

Vhaezil eyes the jocular halfling with his usual impassive stare;

"Oh I am acutely aware of threats that outweigh my abilities Master Quickhand, and in my fleetness of foot where required..."

The diabolist's mouth twitches in a fleeting smile as he replies sardonically;

"... You have heard the phrase "Run like Hell" yes?"

At the prospect of sustenance, he merely nods and bids Zask lead on.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Easy enough to check with the Alchemist to see if he sent her, right? If you come with us I'd be willing to do that and to take a look at her room. Lichen interjects.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask raises an eyebrow toward Vhaezil,

"I've never had that expression used to describe my actions Vhaezil."

Swatting at a fly with his staff as they walk,

"To each their own though, say should we investigate this rumor a bit more and see what the local carpenter has to say? I for one am a tad parched and could stand to delay. "

Zask Will head back to the tavern and get a drink with Vhaezil. We will meet up with our companions when we can and share information.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Presume we're going to tavern near the boathouses/warehouse rather than the Baron of Mutton?

An Ascetic and a Diabolist walk into a bar... ;)


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4
Vhaezil Fællanbóc wrote:

Presume we're going to tavern near the boathouses/warehouse rather than the Baron of Mutton?

An Ascetic and a Diabolist walk into a bar... ;)

Yeah that would make the most sense as it's the closest.

701 to 750 of 1,619 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.