GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


601 to 650 of 1,619 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl listens for a moment to the surprising exchange, watching the new arrival carefully, and trying to judge his intentions.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Insight

He mulls the Dwarves words in his mind to see if the terms jog any memories in his head.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Knowledge: History

He really takes notice and sits up when the stranger mentions that he is seeking something lost. Clearing his throat for a moment, the big dragonborn, keeping his head down and concealed within his cloak speaks.

"Time hides away what was once in the light".
"Concealing it mightily deep beyond night".
"Yet the beacon of Thalvus brings forth what was nil".
"Sharing with all the truth to reveal".

The man speaks one of the Parables of St. Thalvus, and raises his head to make eye contact with the Dwarf.

"I am Daryl acolyte of St Thalvus, patron of lost things. And, I think it not by chance alone that you have found what you think you seek. Perhaps it is our task to continue to find what is lost".

Then looking around to the others for if not approval, at least not hostility. "Come join us, and expand upon your tale".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Nodding in thanks at the, at least initially, invitation to join them at their table, Dolgrin reaches for the chair as he listens first to Zask and Daryl's introductions then to Vhaezil's query. Stopping mid pull on the chair he begins laughing loudly, a true belly laugh, catching hold of himself he shakes his head.

"Master Zask, I believe you have the right of it, he is a bit arrogant isn't he? No offense intended gentlemen, yet I had two of you to welcome me to the table while the one I have been searching for accused me, pardon, my race, of being a covetous ungrateful lot." still shaking his head as he chuckles he turns to Daryl.

"Well met Daryl, acolyte of St Thalvus, I am Dolgrin Shieldarm, acolyte of Thirlo Silverhammer, patron of blacksmiths, for we create what is needed, and mend that which is broken. I see Sir that you have good taste in weaponry." indicating with a nod the warhammer leaned against the wall.

Turning back to Vhaezil "I am an acolyte on Thirlo Silverhammer, and while true he is patron of blacksmiths, the clan I come from protects the church and city, much of what I can do is not fit for a tavern, especially a crowded one full of innocent bystanders. Suffice it to say for the moment, I can call down divine retribution when needed or mend the wounded."

"As for recompense, it is true I seek dwarven history that was lost to return it to the fold. Yet if it is lost, perhaps it has been found by that which is not dwarven, there will be room to find adequate remuneration for those that help my cause."

"Presuming of course you are who I think you are." he says with a smile.

thinking back a moment,

"Deliveries?? usually they are brought to me, occasionally I may make house calls, why do you ask?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichens listens to the dwarf and warlock verbally spar and stifles a chuckle. They remind me of 2 roosters meeting for the first time in a barnyard. he thinks to himself. Dolgrin Shieldarm, if you are to accompany us then it is only proper that I make my introduction. I am called Lichen in this part of my life. I am a at least somewhat learned wanderer trying to make my way in this world. Be welcome at out table.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Greeting Master Lichen, I trust you embody the old saying not all who wander are lost."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As introductions take place, Vhaezil bides his time, then gives his own formal greeting;

"Who knows Master Shieldarm I may prove to be who you need me to be... I am Vhaezil Fællanbóc. A humble scrivener and lowly sage, who dabbles with incantations and eldritch magicks."

The diabolist does not dwell on his own introduction, moving swiftly to answer the dwarf's question in his atypically monotone fashion;

"We are charged to deliver unidentified arcane components to an individual. A straightforward job of work, despite some misgivings from my cautious companions. Honest work."

At the final comment, the warlock allows a sarcastic smile to creep across his lips.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"I would gladly join you for such a delivery, let it not be said an acolyte of Thirlo Silverhammer shyed away from honest work"

Dolphin says setting his empty mug down on the table with a clunk to emphasize the point.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys raises his own depleted wine cup to their new associate, "Welcome to the fold, Master Shieldarm. Your arrival is fortuitous , one of our companions recently took his leave."

he then signals the barmaid for more drink.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Realizing time on a mental clock only he was keeping was slipping away, Dolphin slaps the table

"I should ask when you plan to leave for this delivery, I've been helping the local blacksmith. And likely as not good Master Aramus is beginning to wonder what is taking me so long. One of the merchants came in this morning with a broken axle, I can finish tonight and be ready with Penelope to leave at first light."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Then I guess it's settled, we leave at dawn!

Zask finishes his last bit of tea gives a nod to the group and makes his way to seek some merchants,

Zask would like to restock on rations. To top him up to 10 days worth. As well as try to find a tailor or perhaps leather worker that could fashion something simple to carry the shield over his back with if possible.

Investigation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


@Zask: Let's just say that it costs 1gp to get some sort of custom shield sack.

Sala's Day, 15th day of Blossoms. 5th day of the campaign.

The rest of the evening passes quietly and you all enjoy a restful night under a dry roof. In the grey morning light you make your preparations to head out. Your trip across the river is delayed by the long line of those who camped outside, but eventually you manage to squeeze on to the ferry and make your way to the other side.

Ok folks, your destination is north of Blackburn, but you have a couple of options of how to get there. You can stay on the main trade route, which is longer, but will take you through Blackburn (where some of you have other business) or you can follow lesser roads, travelling through farming comunities, which will get you there faster (6 days vs 10 days). Your delivery is not due until the 30th, in case you were wondering.

@Rhys: I've asked a couple of times in the discussion thread for some input regarding the Brethren. If you want them in the campaign, please reply to my queries.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Gentleman I propose we take the lesser roads, travelling through farming comunities, which will get us there faster. Surely the scenery will be more pleasant the the journey more fulfilling.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"I am agreeable to taking the scenic route to our destination as well, unless anyone else has reason to be stopping through Blackburn on our way?"


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Can't think of anything pressing there at the moment, should we stay there any time I'll endeavor to assist the local blacksmith or guardsmen." replies their new companion, leather apron packed away on the donkey's pack saddle, he was idly scratching Penelope's jaw, while feeding her bits of carrot.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As the group prepare for the journey, Vhaezil gives a curt nod of agreement to the suggested route;

"Your rationales have surprising merit. Staying off the main routes also means we are less likely to swap pleasantries with Imperials."

The diabolist smiles thinly as Dolgrin's charitable spirit, adding his own observation in his cold, flat voice;

"No doubt the journey will present you all ample opportunity to save the rural communities with your altruistic gallantry..."


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Daryl simply shrugs... [b]"Don't really have a preference either way... but I do like avoiding attention".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)
Vhaezil wrote:
"No doubt the journey will present you all ample opportunity to save the rural communities with your altruistic gallantry..."

"Aye that I will sage, that I will. You tend to your god's ways as you see fit, I'll obey mine as I know true." Dolgrin says returning the sage's thin smile with a broad grin of his own.


Random excitement:

1d10 ⇒ 1
1d10 ⇒ 9
1d10 ⇒ 5
1d10 ⇒ 8
1d10 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 3

You decide to take the road less traveled and turn off the main route onto a lesser track. You pass through rolling farmland interspersed with the occasional wood. Traffic is more sparse here than had you kept on to Blackburn, but you are hardly alone on the road. Still the the occasional stretch goes by where you are the only souls in sight. The first day passes without incident and as your thoughts begin to turn towards rest, you reach a small village and avail yourselves to the comfort of their rural inn.

UR's Day, 16th day of Blossoms. 6th day of the campaign

You continue on the next day. Slightly after midday, you catch sight of a glint of reflected light on the road ahead. Lichen quickly makes out an armored individual on horseback leading a line of other figures flanked by soldiers on foot.

(Lichen just has the highest passive perception. You'll all be able to see them soon enough)


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Walking along in the warm sun, Dolgrin leads Penelope talking with her near as much or more so than the others. So used to having her as his only company on his journey.
"Come on quit yer braying, you know we'll walk til dark or the next town comes into sight. I told these fine gents you'd be a fine addition o the group, nae don't you be makin a liar outta me!"

Nearly walking into Lichen as the other catch sight of the parade ahead of them . "Whatcha see Wanderer?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Having not used his spell the first day Lichen would create and hand out good berries for the next day. Everyone should gave 4 berries.

Catching a glimpse of the armored horsemen Lichen recommends Could be trouble ahead. Armored and mounted men come. Let us get off the road and not risk trouble. He indicates a thicket where the group might take cover and hopes his vision has given them time to make cover unseen.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil uncharacteristically refrains from a sardonic comment, and instead moves toward the thicket identified by Lichen where potential cover can be had.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask follows suit,

"Do we have something to hide?

stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"That's what i was wondering Zask. Even if we did doesn't this appear more suspicious than remaining on the road and giving them a wide bearth? If we have seen them while walking surely the one riding has seen us as well.....come along Penelope and stay quiet." Dolgrin gives the donkey bits of carrot to keep her preoccupied.

for the moment Dolgrin is going with the geoup, trying to learn why though. Hiding is not really in his makeup.


Going to need stealth rolls for everyone who is trying to hide, including the donkey...


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl looks down at his armor, then at Dolgrin's armor, then at the donkey, and sighs.

"Well it never hurts to not have our true numbers revealed, however hiding is not something that comes easy to me. I guess I'll just stay here and see what they want... be ready".

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Perception


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

was hoping we could just move away and avoid the encounter. It not, its likely not worth trying. Unsure how to hide a donkey.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys crosses his arms, seeing the coming group of soldiers just after Lichen does, "We've got a letter here that certifies us as Seven Scales Trading Coster couriers....that's got to stand for something..." he reminds the others.

He then motions for the others to move to the side of the track to let the column by.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil nods at Rhys' words;

"Indeed. I had forgotten about our endorsement."

Instead of hiding, the diabolist merely stands socially and awaits the column to pass.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Grateful for Rhys and Daryl's comments, Dolgrin simply leads Penelope to the edge of the road, still feeding her the carrots while they wait for the procession to pass by.

handle animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 "Penelope! come on! We need to get out of the roadway." Looking towards Daryl, Dolgrin implores his big companion. "Daryl push her hindend over here, she's a bit sissy-footed when it comes to walking on the edge."

Don't believe Dolgrin knows yet where Lichen's skills lay, so he's simply asking for Daryl to put a shoulder/hip against the donkey and push.

Once he is to the side of the road, prudence takes hold and he loosens the retaining straps on his warhammer and shield.


As the column get nearer, you see that the soldiers wear cream coloured tabards with a red starburst on their chests. You all recognize the regalia of Empire.

I don't know if that changes your plans at all.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

GM, I understand the Empire has taken over the countryside, are they prone to conscripting those they find on the side of the road? Dolgrin has been traveling the roads and probably knows the answer to this however I'm still getting the feel for the empire's grip on the remaining citizens.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Once Daryl is aware of who they face, he whispers and starts towards the side of the road. "Oh Dear! I'm not here... or I have the plague or something. They mustn't find me".


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil fixes a hard stare toward first the Imperial cadre, then his companions;

"Imperials. It is not just the scaled man they hate Draco, but those learn'ed too."

There is a bitter undertone to the young scribe's normally flat voice.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Watching and listening to his friends Zask prepares himself,

"We will keep you safe Daryl. Vhaezil if you're able, put on a bit of charm. We are tasked to transport a medicine by the trader's guild to treat our patient."

Zask nods towards Daryl and gives a wink,

"We have paperwork and perhaps can talk ourselves out of this."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Keep your hood up Daryl, Zask, you and Rhys are our spokesmen in this endeavor, I'm no salesman but I'll stand here for him to see. and Vhazael, try to be pleasant." Dolgrin adds the last jibe with a smile at the diabolist.


Dolgrin Shieldarm wrote:
GM, I understand the Empire has taken over the countryside, are they prone to conscripting those they find on the side of the road? Dolgrin has been traveling the roads and probably knows the answer to this however I'm still getting the feel for the empire's grip on the remaining citizens.

Loyal citizens of the Empire have nothing to fear from Imperial troops. They don't just grab random travellers, but might question any suspicious individuals.

The Imperials get closer. You now can see that the there are five soldiers in total, with only the one in the lead on a horse. They are leading 4 scruffy looking men. The men shuffle along, their ankles shackled together, and each has his hands tied to a long rope, which binds the men in a chain.

You move to the side of the road and they show no immediate interest in your presence.

@Daryl: Make a deception check, with advantage.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

At the advice of the Zask and Dolgrin, Vhaezil remains impassive.

He merely stands as the procession passes, casting a cold eye over the men in shackles;

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Dang. I've got to remember to buy a disguise kit. I've got proficiency, then I could use my "Perform" skill perhaps in place of deception???

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Deception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Deception (Advantage.

Daryl attempts to stay out of the way, and not draw attention.


With the kit, it's the same check regardless. Performance might have been appropriate in this case, but you're fine as is.

The procession passes your group by. The soldiers take you in with a critical eye, but apparently nothing about you catches their attention and they leave you be.

@Vhaezil: They are rough looking men. They are dirty and human, but nothing in particular strikes you about them. You could ask the soldiers, or inquire along their backtrail.

The rest of the day passes without any further excitement and you eventually make your way into another small village.

Sorry for the short post. I'll move us along shortly.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GM-F: No that's fine - was more interested had they been scholars or the like. Most likely ruffians or yokels... Can converse with those rough types at every campfire we strike ;)


You spend the next several days travelling along the minor farming tracks, moving from villages to village, as you make your way north. Along the way, you learn a little more about your destination and find that to reach the village you'll have to catch a barge from the village of Milborne to reach Thurmaster to make your delivery.

Aya's Day, 20th day of Blossoms. 10th day of the campaign. Lifestyle accounting day.10 gp if you are living a modest lifestyle.

Based on your information you should be reaching Milborne today. You briefly connect up to a main highway before stepping back off onto a dirt track. Sometime after lunch, you find yourselves travelling along the edge of a thick wood. A group of four farm folk walk down the track in your direction

DM:
Deception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Suddenly a volley of bolts comes flying into your midst.

Attack Daryl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack Rhys: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack Dolgrin : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Attack Zask: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The farmers shout, "Bandits!! Look out!" They run towards you in support, suddenly brandishing clubs.

Insight DC20:
These farmers don't seem surprised by the sudden appearance of the bandits. There is something definitely off about them and they are not what they seem to be.

Initiative rolls:

Rhys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Lichen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Dolgrin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Baddies: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Combat
13 Rhys
13 Zask
10 Dolgrin
7 Vhaezil
6 Baddies
3 Lichen
3 Daryl

Everyone by Lichen and Daryl are up. I don't have a map ready yet, but the archers are ~50 feet away from you and the farmers are ~30 feet


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

With my -1 WIS mod, can't make that Insight check!

Round 1

As the volley of the bandit's bolts pepper the group, Vhaezil grasps instinctively at his infernal scroll, summoning diabolic power to wield against their brazen foes:

(Cast Eldritch Blast - 1 Action.)

Sneering, the warlock utters the familiar diabolic words of power...

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Infernal Tongue:

"Energy most eldritch, scour my foes with thine power!"

... sending a spiral of crackling crimson toward a bandit;

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Critical Damage (Force): 2d10 ⇒ (10, 5) = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

insight(DC20): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 with a +5 apparently I can;t either ;)

More concerned with the bolt that parted his beard as it passed by, Dolgrin pays little attention to the coming helpful farmhands.

Grabbing his shield, he readies his mace as he prepares for the incoming ruffians. stepping forward to put himself between those less armored and the crossbowmen.

1 action to don shield, free to draw weapon while moving to the forefront - GM's prerogative as to which direction that is for the moment, Dolgrin thinks the archers are the issue currently


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen is slightly embarrassed at his desire to hide from the soldiers but as a hermit he has never been treated well by such men. He is glad that they were not hassled by the group. Lichen is eating goodberries. Since we are not in town is there a rule for living off the land? I do not have any gold at all listed on his sheet.

Later

Incite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Yep 20 is a pretty hard DC for first level

Lichen, a sworn protector of farm folk is taken aback and surprised by the action of these men and for a moment just stands there in surprise and growing anger.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Seeing nothing untoward about the farmers, Rhys pulls his bow from his back , knocks an arrow and fires at one of the attacking bandits...

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Insight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Wheezing Zask breaks off the arrow piercing his chest, vision blurred slightly. Zask moves up behind Dolgrin and takes the dodge action.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Recall that everyone has 4 goodberries provided by Lichen last night before bed. They require a standard action to eat and heal one point of damage. And eating one fulfills your need to eat for the day. They will remain potent until bed time tonight.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Oof". Daryl exclaims as a bolt spins him around.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Insight

"What now"! the big figure exclaims, drawing his warhammer and spinning around looking for threats.


Yup. The baddies made a great deception roll

@Lichen: You guys sold a bunch of stuff in town, so you should all have some money. The lifestyle cost per day depends on the quality of your lifestyle. Wretched is free. Consider it encompassing things like paying for inns, food and drink, baths, getting you clothes washed, repaired and replaced, etc. If you want to spend your time sleeping rough, that fine, but you will end up looking and smelling like a hobo and NPCs will treat you as such. Obviously, you can change your lifestyle whenever you can afford to.

Vhaezil's vile magics blast one of the bandits right out of his boots. He's dead before he hits the ground. Rhys' arrow takes another in the side, spinning him around, but the bandit does not fall.

The approaching farmers rush in, but instead of heading into the fray, they move into your party and one swings his club at Daryl. I put together a map. The link is at the top of the page. Only one was close enough to move and attack, the other 3 just dashed into position.

Club vs Daryl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, but it clangs harmlessly off of his armor.

The crossbowmen reload and take aim.

Pew vs Dolgrin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Pew vs Zask : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Pew vs Zask disadv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Lucky...
Pew vs Rhys: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Map Updated. Everyone is up. Chronologically, Daryl and Lichen's action happen first.

Hps:

2/11


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Round 2

As the "farmers" join the fray, bringing cudgels to bear as bolts continue to fly, Vhaezil hisses in anger and rounds on the nearest faux-yokel.

The diabolist utters again the fell words as trails of crimson magic spark and crawl from his clutched scroll;

(Cast Eldritch Blast - 1 Action. At disadvantage as using Ranged Spell in close combat)

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Before unleashing the infernal energy at his nearest foe;

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Disadvantage Reroll - Eldritch Blast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage (Force): 1d10 ⇒ 4


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Heart pounding in his ears Zask sees the archers firing away at the others and makes the charge towards them,

Attacking the archer in the middle
Arcing his quarterstaff above over head Zask lashes out,
Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

If he hit and fell the target second attack is vs the wounded archer, if not same target

After his strike Zask's leg lashes out in a kick

Wammy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

601 to 650 of 1,619 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.