GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


551 to 600 of 1,619 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil stoically observes and listens, before commenting in his flat, emotionless tone;

"A lost bulwark... now found. Perhaps your Saint thought it a worthy test for you Draco..."

The diabolist shrugs nonchalantly;

"No matter. We do have other work to undertake, and can return here for the shield when fate dictates."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Tests, faith, all just motivation for our deeds are they not? I would believe it foolish to leave this artifact here. If you all deem it too dangerous I will attempt to retrieve it after you depart the room. It's craftsmanship is remarkable and such things of beauty should see the light of day again."


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"I will not stand in your way if you wish to try. It was obvious to me that this shield was not worth any of us losing our lives for. If the lives of innocents were at stake without the shield, I might reconsider, but for now I'll not let Greed or personal desire put your lives at risk".


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Perhaps the spirits meant only to test whether or not we would attempt the melee. Exit the room friends. I would not put you all at risk for this. If I do not return allow for this tomb to serve as my final resting place as well.

Zask bows to his companions of the past several days.

"I entrust the reward to delivery of our parcel to the group should I be unable to claim it otherwise."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

At least eat both your and my berries before you do this. Lichen reasons.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask eats the 3 berries he has. Plus what Lichen offers.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen gives the monk enough to bring him up to full health 3?.


@Zask/All: So Zask is going to grab the shield? Is everyone else leaving the tomb, or what? Just not sure what the game plan is.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I was going to snag the shield and see what happens. If people wanted to leave the room before hand so they could if they didn't want to be in danger


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil watches the debate with quiet disinterest.

"Master Quickhand would sacrifice himself for a bulwark... I do hope Great St. Jude is watching, for if there was ever a task against impossible odds this is it no?"

The warlock walks to the halfling and addresses him with a nod;

"Best leave your coin with me my friend. Lest those cold dead spectres covet such wealth... Should you fall I will ensure a modest ceremony of remembrance of course."

As the monk prepares to acquire the shield, Vhaezil broaches one final option;

"One final gambit. Presuming these knights are as dunderheaded in death as they no-doubt were in life, I could attempt to fool them with an illusion of their precious artefact as you make off with the original?"


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask looks to Vhaezil, with a nod and a chuckle,

"fools in life could very well be fools in death"

Zask offers his meagre wealth to Vhaezil

With a small smile Zask adds,

"Before I was a monk of the Silver Fist I was a Quickhand.. let's hope I still live up to the name!

Zask will snag the shield if there are no others actions to be made from the group


Zask returns to the tomb alone.

@Zask: Sent you a PM.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask returns to the group shield covered with cloth and slung over his back,

"Seems that the ghosts said what they had to say to Daryl and found their rest. After that it was an easy task for a Quickhand"

Zask says with a wink.

"well, seems like we didn't exactly get what we came for here. On to our delivery?"


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys' eyes widen as Zask emerges with shield and head intact, "Well, Zask I had my doubts....but well done!"


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask smiles and greets Rhys,

"I wasn't so sure myself, the Knights should see the light of day once again Rhys. It was the least I could do to try and help."

Zask is ready to travel to our next destination and make our delivery.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Well. It seems the shield had found it's way to one deemed worthy".


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

A flicker of surprise almost creeps across Vhaezil's stoic features when Zask reappears with the shield.

"Bravo. You live up to your family's moniker Master Quickhands."

At Daryl's words eye shrugs nonchalantly;

"One man's worth is another man's fallibility Draco. Though I am curious why those spectral knights did not see a holy warrior such as yourself befitting..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

As the party departs the tomb Zask adds,

"Daryl is worthy beyond measure, he defends the weak without thought of his own but doesn't share the same reckless abandon that the Knights Invincible have... had. Perhaps that is the answer to our question Vhaezil.


What's the game plan? Return to Jamison's Crossing? Nose about for the goblins?

@Zask: The shield is fairly ostentatious and while St. Jude doesn't really have a large following, he is pretty well known. Just want to know whether you're going to transport the shield openly or not.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Head back and deliver our package for the trade company was my thoughts. For now Zask is going to keep the shield wrapped when travelling. It's fairly fancy and don't want to draw undue attention.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I too defend the weak Zask, I heal the wounded, including your wounds, and track better than Cole who has deserted us. It was I who struck out without rest to try to save the girl. Daryl accompanied me. I tame wild beasts too. saving both the beast and our party. . And yet you seem to hold me in low regard. Interesting isn't it. Perhaps its because I do not wear clean and fancy clothing?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask looks now to Lichen,

"Do not mistake my praise for Daryl as disrespect to you Lichen. You are a steward of nature are you not? Sworn to serve it and its denizens, indeed a worthy cause. Alas I was not with you on your journey to this cave. I know not of your ability to track. Your berries are appreciated, thank you.

Zask looks to the shield and back again to Lichen,

"This represents a way of life, much the same as your clothes and weapons represent yours and your choices Lichen."

Zask looks to Lichen with a softness and pleading eyes,

"This symbol is not for you friend."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GM-F: Agree. Get the package delivered

Vhaezil trudges along listening to the group's interplay with interest;

"Indeed you may be right Master Quickhands."

He nods toward the wrapped shield with a smirk;

"However you have shown that fortune does favour the brave on occasion... Admonishes the Knights Invincible does it not?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen does not want the shield, and since it is metallic he is forbidden to use it. But he has grown tired of praises paid to others when he, at least in his own mind, deserves some recognition. Zask repeatedly noted Cole's prowess at tracking while Lichen was just as good or better. And lichen has provided much more healing to the group than Daryl, etc. Just RPing his desire for equal recognition. :)


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Yah I figured. Zask hasn't spent enough time with Lichen in the wilds. Zask tends to acknowledged combat and martial prowess. Me as a player knows what you contribute Zask is yet to see it I suppose.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Also, Zask and Vhaezil agree to move on to the delivery. Lichen Rhys votes? Daryl afk until tomorrow I think


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Yes. Delivery. Lichen did not even wish to return here.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As the group walk, Vhaezil mulls the earlier conversation on recognition of capacities and aptitudes, and feels compelled to chime in with his own thoughts;

"Musing on The Wanderer's earlier comments I also had a thought which I will enlighten you all with...."

The diabolist purses his soft lips, before continuing in his flat tone;

"Given he feels somewhat undervalued as a caretaker of the wilds... I do wonder what you will all make of my infernal talents when they inevitably prove the decisive factor in one of our endeavours..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask raises an eyebrow toward Vhaezil,

"The source of your talent is no concern of mine. If the hells are equal to the challenges we seek then it matters not. I do wonder however how your patron might feel if we continue to pursue matters of the holy hmm?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil's eyes narrow, and he flashes a thin smile;

"Lest assured Master Quickhand, should such holy triflings be of any significance to my patron, the irony would not be lost on him..."


Leaving Lichen's new bear friend behind, the party begins the long trek back to town.

DM DIce:

1d12 ⇒ 6

Nothing exciting disrupts the trip back, and as dusk approaches, you stroll back into town. The town is alive with activity. A couple of quick inquiries reveals that the long awaited repairs to the ferry have finally been completed and full service will begin tomorrow, at first light. Merchants and travellers bustle about, readying themselves to finally continue on to their destinations.

Tired from your journey, you return to the Little Boar inn for a meal and to enjoy the comforts of a warm fire.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

on the journey back Lichen asks Zask What will you do with the shield? I have never seen you use such a think in battle.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"I would hope to see it in the hands of one worthy some day. The Knights may have a champion that we may run across in our travel if so, I would see the Knights reborn with this shield as their beacon."

Zask gets a tea and asks around the inn for any recent rumors or news from across the river,

Investigation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As Zask's words, Vhaezil eyes Daryl with curiosity, then takes a seat, quietly keeping his own counsel as his companions chat or seek information from the other patrons.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)
Zask Quickhand wrote:

As the party departs the tomb Zask adds,

"Daryl is worthy beyond measure, he defends the weak without thought of his own but doesn't share the same reckless abandon that the Knights Invincible have... had. Perhaps that is the answer to our question Vhaezil.

"Indeed I tend towards caution when innocents are not threatened or Evil is not afoot... seems they're planted in the ground, while I'm breathing above it... so I think I'll stick to my methods. I am not overly concerned with material goods. If St. Thalvus wishes me to have them... he will make it clear".


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl listens to the exchange between Vhaezil and Zask with interest but little comment.

Such debates are for the gods to decide. I simply follow my tenants and do my best. Let my soul be judges based upon that. It's good enough for me.

Definitely time for the delivery. Did we need to go back to town before heading on towards the delivery? Had we left the package in town?


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Our DM has already sent us back to town above.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

The chest was in our sphere of infinite carrying capacity. Seems a little silly that we have had this chest with us the whole time without having to think about it.. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Sweat and soot covered the arm that pushed open the door into the Little Boar Inn, short of height the dwarf nonetheless had little trouble making his way to the bar. Today common clothes and a leather apron, pot marked from long days spent at the forge, mark him as little more than at common worker but the innkeeper knows better.

"Ale, Dwarven ale, not the watered down stuff you've ha last night. There's got to be something worthwhile around here, as many merchants are waiting on the ferry." he says loudly but with a wink that the barkeep can see. Taking the mug of ale he turns to scan the room as he has every night for the past two months; in town after town.

He was seen with two large warriors, a man of the wilds - a ranger perchance, and one of the halfing folk musing over the last information he knew, Dolgin cataloged the folk he saw into possible matches.

One such group in the corner catches his eye. there's only one large one but the rest is close. Perhaps my info was wrong

Turning to the barkeep, he points at the group. "is that him?" he ask making no question of the group he was pointing at.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Oh shiiiit... Player 6 enters the match


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys is glad to back in the comforts of civilization, what little the town provided; it was many times better than trudging about in the wilderness.

Leaning back in his chair, sipping a terrible wine, Rhys was relaxed and smiling. Then he noticed the dwarf that had just came in was pointing at him and his companions.

Still smiling, but no longer relaxed, Rhys sat up in his chair, put down his drink. That hand slipped under the table to rest easy on the hilt of his rapier.

With a twitch of his head, he indicated to the others the attention of the dwarf.


Dolgrin Shieldarm wrote:

Turning to the barkeep, he points at the group. "is that him?" he ask making no question of the group he was pointing at.

The barkeep nods, Aye, that's him. Unless there is another flame-touched follower of the fiery pits in these parts. If you mean to make trouble, take it outside."

@Zask: You pick up a bit of this and that: A couple of warnings to watch out for bandits on the road. and word of an increased imperial presence in Blackburn due to some sort of meeting that is going to take place.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Well lets hope not, an no worry, I'll not start trouble"

Turning back towards the group he pushes through the other patrons of the bar, things still being crowded with the ferry down to come stand before the groups table. Nodding to the table, he looks around the table as is cataloging their intent.

"Young'un let go your toothpick, I'm not here for trouble" he says to Rhys directly; before looking to Vhaezil. "You're a hard man to find."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil see's the dwarf coming through the crowd, musing him to be another merchant eager to sell them bladed steel or bludgeoning iron, he sits impassively.

That changed when he addressed the warlock directly.

Vhaezil's cold eyes stare back at the brazen dwarf as the diabolist address the newcomer in his cold, flat voice;

"Given you have found me here, for whatever reason it is you search for me Master Ferrarius, I would question what you deem hard in such a context."

Infernal:

ferrarius - blacksmith


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

A smile crosses the newcomer's lips

"Hard is a relative term magician or should I say warlock, rumors abound; but in the grand scheme of things mean little. I've spent the past two months searching for someone who has seen and studied within the Great Library of Vordune."

Dolgrin pauses a moment to collect his thoughts, sipping at his mug contemplatively, before continuing.

"I'm a historian, and I've spent much of the past 10 years looking for ruins that belong to dwarven settlements, over that time I have found scrolls mentioning a place called Adalaut located in the mountain range somewhere east of Ashwick."

a deep breath taken as one unaccustomed to singing in public, Dolgrin begins...

"Halls of stone, reverberate, with hammer and anvil
even as Water's gate rushes, and sun burns red

Stone and iron, jewel and gold,
Born of the ground, bring life to the cold

Mountain's heart, burning breathing,
Adalault's jewel, brightly shining "

kinda to the beat of this, and to any poets out there apologies ahead of time

Breaking off he turns back to Vhaezil, "That's all I've been able to piece together so far, but I've found references to that ode in three different places."


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys listens to the dwarf's recital, drawing his hand away from his rapier, and picking up his wine once more.

Taking a swig, he thinks back to his own lessons, running the name Adalaut over and over in his head...

History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

LOL....duh!


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes and listens to the dwarf's introduction and ode with a stoic implacability.

"A fellow scholar then... I salute your aptitude for your people's lore and history."

The diabolist raises his cup in a weak toast, before continuing in his flat tone;

"I do question your catechism however. What makes you think I can provide illumination to your pursual of this Adaluat you seek?"


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Returning the toast, Dolgrin answer's Vhaezil's inquiry.

"For the past ten years my job has been to follow rumors and sometimes rumors of rumors, and while no empiricist, I have learned a few things during that time. One of them being most rumors have at least some basis in fact and the more detailed the rumor the larger that base."

pausing to take another drought from his ale, before continuing,

"Two things kept coming up in the rumors about the survivor I seek, he bears the symbol of a pentagram, and that they were also a scrivener. You bear the look of one who is studied and not a simple copyist who knows not what he copies. Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think so.
As for the second part of the question, you may not immediately remember the information I seek, I only ask the chance to travel with you and your companions for a bit and perchance jog your memories of works that included this lost settlement. I am not without my own skills beyond being a blacksmith and historian."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Sipping his tea and watching the bold Dwarf make his argument Zask eyes his comrades, if Vhaezil happens to catch his attention he offers a shrug that offers a "This is up to you" notion,

"Master Dwarf, I am Zask disciple of the fabled Silver Fist. If this Aduluat is the Patron Saint of Arrogance then perhaps you have found your champion in this one. He does however have knowledge himself beyond his years but of course that's for him to share. Should he deem you worthy of his company I would be delighted to have you along as well.. Say... how much do you like deliveries?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil does not react to the halflings expression, but does answer the dwarf;

"Remember that most rumours are also the work of ill-informed tongues."

The warlock gingerly sips once again at his wine, then bids the new arrival sit;

"Let us presume that I am the individual you seek, and that the notion of lore and knowledge once lost can be surface anew through time and anamnesis... Rumour has it you dwarves are a covetous lot. Ill-made to share secrets nor wealth. It would seem a poor trade to assist provide you with answers to decades old questions for mere smith work would it not?"

The young man smiles thinly;

"Presuming of course I am who you seek..."

551 to 600 of 1,619 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.