GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


501 to 550 of 1,619 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys gratefully retreats from the furry beast, his insides churning from the shock of it's size and fury. He moves to behind Lichen's shoulder, watching with wide eyes....


WIS save (DC14?): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 The bear looks at Lichen quizzically.

@Lichen: Charmed isn't really that great of a condition in 5e. You can make a handle animal check (with advantage as per the spell) to try to calm the bear down down enough to have the party move through the room.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Hmm. ok. Will do. Just how much control can Lichen have over the bear? Would it defend him?

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Lichen makes soothing noises and motions towards the bear while approaching with an outstretched hand, palm down. He urges the bear back away from the group into a defendable corner where he will stand between the party and the bear as the group passes.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As Lichen attempts to beguile the bear, Vheazil holds at the back allowing the druid time and space to potentially stymie a formidable foe.


Lichen's soothing actions calm the large beast sufficiently to allow for the rest of the party to scurry past. Past the trapped hallway lies another stairwell that leads deeper into the ground. Eventually you make your way to the room where Daryl rescued the farmgirl.

The small room is mostly bare, but the wooden frame that the girl was lashed to still remains. A pedestal against the far wall has the name Sir Orin Neville Smythe carved on the front. The statue that once resided on the pedestal has been dislodged and lays broken in several pieces to one side. When whole it must have been an impressive depiction of a man in ornate fullplate carrying a large shield. The shield is plain, but engraved with the following, 'The words that bind us will open the way.'


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Once inside the small chamber, Vhaezil eyes the surroundings with professional interest.

"Alas Sir Orin here cannot speak to us of what he has seen... The purpose of the hoch-coboli's ritual and its components."

At the cryptic wording upon the bulwark, the diabolist mulls the ancient orders credo, searching his memory for anything of note;

History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask follows everyone the the next room and mulls over the words,

"See Vhaezil the words that bind us will open the way! Perhaps it's a good thing we signed that contract after all!"

With a laugh Zask searches the room for anything out of the ordinary,

Searchy Search: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen stays with the bear until well after the others are gone and then he tries to coax the animal back out of the underground lair and away from the place, knowing that its really not a safe place for his friend to stay.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

After his attempt he hurries to catch back up with the others.


@Vhaezil: Most knightly orders have an oath that they speak that binds them to the order or their patron. You vaguely recall words that might constitute such an oath for this order.You seem to remember reading them somewhere very recently.

@Lichen: You can coax the bear out of the crypt, but not the area. There is just too much carrion for the bear to walk away from

Zask's cursory examination of the area doesn't turn up anything of particular note.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

The diabolist pauses then nods slowly to himself, as if reiterating something in his mind.

"Of course. We have seen these words..."

In his morose voice, the young man recounts the oath of the Order, as discovered on the group's initial exploration of the tomb;

"I believe their worthy credo was thus: 'My blade defends the powerless. My body shields the weak. My tongue speaks the truth. My courage uplifts the fearful. My wrath undoes the wicked. My sacrifice protects the helpless...'"


As Vhaezil completes his recitation, a section of the western wall begins to glow with a faint blue light. After a moment, the wall slides into the ground with a soft rasp of stone against stone, revealing a hidden chamber. Dust lies thick on the floor of this room. To either side of the entrance are sets of 3 stone sarcophagi and directly across from the entrance is an ornately carved marble sarcophagus. In the darkness, a faint golden glow can be seen seeping out from between the lid and base of the marble coffin

The lid of each sarcophagi is carved with the likeness of an armoured individual. The likeness on the marble lid is a mirror of that of the statue in the other room. On the wall is carved, "May St. Jude watch over the slumber of his faithful. Woe upon the unworthy that seek to disturb their rest."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Entering the room Zask runs his hands over the dust covered resting place of the Knights taking note to avoid the glow for now,

"Here lie the Knights Invincible... Their cause must have been great to deserve such a sacred burial place.

Zask salutes the graves silently in respect.

"Could this glow be a call to one of us who the fallen Knights deem worthy? Or bait to some untold curse friends?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil follows his companions into the chamber.

He eyes the room, each sarcophagi before settling his gaze upon the ornate coffin, and answering Zask with a cynical tinge to his flat voice;

"Who indeed amongst us Master Quickhand? I would deem Draco worthy... but what would one such as I know of such qualities."

As he speaks his mind, the diabolist continues to stare at the faint golden glow, attempting to dredge his past readings for an epiphany on its potential nature...

GM-F: Would attempting to discern the nature/cause of the golden light be an Arcana check? Religion check? Or is it beyond mortal ken?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Perchance you might think that his Religion is a lost cause and deem him worthy of the blessing of St. Jude then? What say you Daryl,
Protector of the Weak, do you deem yourself worthy of their potential boon? Your valor and willingness to protect those who can not protect themselves is admirable in my eyes.


@Vhaezil: Something is glowing inside the sarcophagus It isn't natural, but you can't tell what is going on.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Insight
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 History

Daryl stands back and nods in approval as Vhaezil recites the words. That is a smart one. I would have done the same, but he is not as cautious as I. .

He then scratches his head, and tries to think of anything that pertains to the nights of St. Jude... (Are they still current? What of their history?)

Lastly he kneals in prayer presenting his holy symbol, and invokes his "Divine Sense" to determine the holiness of this place.

Daryl is trying to determine if he or any others of the party are meant to disturb this resting place.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys takes an involuntary step back as the secret chamber is revealed, but his curiosity overcomes any caution, following the others within.

"I wonder if the ritual with the girl was somehow connected to this chamber...to open it perhaps, or to corrupt what was inside?" Rhys asks aloud, mainly to himself.

He stands to onside, respectfully watching as Daryl kneels in prayer...


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the rogue curiously, then nods;

"Perhaps Master Tamm you are more acumen than I gave you credit for..."

The diabolist nods toward the ornate coffin;

"The markings on the childe's flesh were one of a infernal ritual of purity... As Master Tamm has interestingly deduced perhaps she was being fashioned into the key to this ancient lock..."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Infernal and and purity do not go together Vhaezil, but I understand your meaning well enough. If you are right then the goblinoids were forced to abandon this place without their reward. Is it now ours for the taking?
While I understand the stigma of grave robbing it never made good sense to me to bury the dead with things the living need.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"No different than the corrupt holy man I'd say Lichen, as for the tomb I'm not sure this is what they were after, or indeed maybe they were judged unworthy by Jude himself.

Looking to the markings over his wrists and arms,

"The dead have no need for the gifts they once carried."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil nods, then impassively adds another possibility;

"Perhaps they sought to draw the childe's purity from her... Wear it like a cloak..."

The warlock youthful brow furrows momentarily as he mulls the possibility;

Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Regardless I do not believe the coboli attempted to open the tomb... Whether stymied by our own interjection or their own deficiencies of power it matters not. They coveted whatever lies here enough to kidnap and perform a ritual on a poor innocent childe."

If there is genuine concern in his words, the diabolists monotone voice fails to convey the emotion. Eyes glittering the faint golden glow he continues;

"We should of course liberate whatever treasures that coffin holds, lest further foul agents of Dragotha return to finish the job..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Rhys, while Daryl waits to see if there if some divine energy surrounding this glow maybe you are trained to determine if there might be a more crude method of protection against it, given our ex-elf companion was nearly sliced in two just yesterday.


@Daryl: You don't detect the presence of any outsiders or undead in the area. You get the feeling that this is a blessed place, bereft of any taint of evil. As for whether or not you are meant to disturb the crypt, from your understanding, the taboo of grave robbing is culturally dependant. The consequences of grave robbing also depends on its nature. Often times powerful items are interred with their last owner for lack of any other place to put it. Retrieving an item so that it can be used to vanquish evil once more is completely different then pulling off wedding rings and removing gold teeth. Of course, certain covetous individuals are buried with their treasures to withhold them from others. Such individuals might remain as undead to prevent their tombs from being plundered. When dealing with religious items specifically, often times would be possessors are tested to determine their worthiness. The penalty for the unworthy is often death.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Sorry about that GM. Didn't see your reply for some reason.

Daryl raises to his feet with a grunt, obviously still torn over his path.

"This is a holy place it is obvious... and still under the influence of divine protection. Still perhaps it is our destiny to find this holy place, and use whatever aid it might provide to combat unholy forces like the blasphemers that we just expelled".

Then with a purposeful nod Daryl approaches the glowing tomb. "We should at least see what purpose whatever lurks within this holy sarcophagus, then make a decision on its disposition". Daryl mutters a quick prayer of forgiveness to St. Jude, hoping that he is not among the "unworthy".


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask steps up beside Daryl, let's his words sink in and offers his hand in the matter,

"Allow me to lend a hand Daryl, I do not share the same commitment to the dead as you and would lend my support in the fulfillment of this task for you ."

With that Zask pushes the lid of the sarcophagus to allow investigation of this resting place.

STR check if it's super heavy
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

As Zask heaves he speaks openly and absentmindedly his thoughts transported to the past..

"secrets do not reveal themselves friends, we could all do to remember that..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No worries.

@Zask: Assuming you are trying to open the one that has something glowing inside.

The stone lid is heavy, but working together, you manage to slide it part way off. As the lid moves away, the glow fades until it disappears altogether. Inside is a desiccated corpse wrapped in ancient linen, yellowed and brittle with age. Resting on the body's chest is a gleaming shield of mithril trimmed in gold. Emblazoned on the front is a figure, arms outstretched, wreathed in flames. Anyone trained in religion recognizes it as an icon of St. Jude.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Once Lichen sees the shield he can inform everyone That figure is St. Jude.

Religion, maybe he knows more?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl recognizes the symbol on the shield as well... and reaches out slowly to touch the shield... if there is no reaction, he grabs the shield and pulls it from the clutches of the corpse... intoning a quick prayer of protection and thanks as he does so.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask motions to his companions to assist with replacing the lid of the sarcophagus, Zask turns to Daryl

"A beautiful piece of craftsmanship in that shield, I hope that you will find its aid useful in protecting those in need..."

adding with a smile,

"Current company included of course! If able we should reseal the chamber and begin the task of couriers to the wonderful Trade Company. Does anyone have any further tasks to see to while we remain?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vahezil impassively watches the acts and words from a distance, only commenting in his soft, flat voice in reply of Zask's question;

"Present company indeed... Interesting is it not how one man's grave robbing is another's liberation of a worthy bulwark. All a matter of one's perspective..."

The diabolist shrugs nonchalantly;

"Reseal the chamber Master Quickhand? Surely that is akin to locking one's door after the thieves have plundered the home?"


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Looking over to Vhaezil, Zask offers a mere shrug.

"If only all thieves were courteous enough to do so the syndicates might be looked upon with a little more respect, Rhys may have something to offer on the subject."

A small laugh follows,

"I only meant to offer some respect to these fallen soldiers, but further challenges await from the living and I care not to spend any more time among the dead warlock ."

Zask slowly begins to make his journey toward the entrance,

"Lichen could you please mind the bear once again for us on our way out."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

The bear is outside. When we are ready to leave I shall lead the way.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask is ready to leave when the rest are.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Were we only opening the one tomb?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

We could open the others, i'm not opposed. Could be more treasures!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Lichen: The icon is a depiction of the immolation of St. Jude. His in his last act he set out to stop a wildfire that was descending upon a small village. He stood in the blaze's path and turned his will upon it. The fire incinerated Jude, but upon his death a wind rose up, changing the course of the flames and saving the town. Afterwards, his ashes were collected and sealed in reliquaries that were carried by his faithful.

Nothing untowards happens when Daryl touches the shield. It easily is lifted out and i delightfully light. On the back is inscribed the oath of the Order Invincible. Removing the shield from the sarcophagus causes the others to glow with a faint white light which coalesce into the forms of ghostly fighting men that step out of their tombs. They lift their blades in salute and move to attack. Going with the assumption that everyone was in the room.

Initiative rolls:

Rhys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Lichen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Baddies: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Combat

20 Ghosties
17 Zask
11 Lichen
9 Vhaezil
7 Rhys
4 Daryl

The apparitions advance and strike out with pale blades. Two target Daryl and one each of the others.

Attack vs Daryl: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack vs Daryl: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Attack vs Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Attack vs Lichen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Attack vs Rhys: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack vs Vhaezil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Map updated. Everyone is up.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Reeling from the blow Zask assaults the target directly to his north,

Q.Staff 2h: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Kick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Round 1

As the ghostly apparitions manifest around the group, Vhaezil grasps instinctively at his infernal scroll, summoning diabolic power to wield against the spirits.

(Cast Eldritch Blast - 1 Action. At disadvantage as using Ranged Spell in close combat)

Surrounded, the warlock struggles to bring his fell magic to bear;

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Infernal:

"Energy most eldritch, scour my foes with thine power!"

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Disadvantage Reroll - Eldritch Blast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Damage (Force): 1d10 ⇒ 4

(Attacking the ghost immediately above Vhaezil on the map)


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl raises the shield reverently, wondering if he did the right thing, then just as he realizes probably not, tries to return the shield to it's rightful resting place, before turning to address the situation at hand.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen watches to see what what is happening with the other attacks before acting himself. They might not follow. Lets just get out. If we have to fight we can fight above ground. he offers.

Delay for a moment, but not so long as to let the ghosties act again. Are these things solid? Can I roll a check to know what they are?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Escape isn't an option for Zask, already to 3hp and would take at least 3 attacks of opportunity on the way out potentially.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Can't withdraw?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

As far as I understand I could disengage as an action from one enemy, but still be subject to attacks of opportunity from the rest leaving their threat ranges.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

This is what I found: Disengage: If you take the Disengage action, your Movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks for the rest of the turn.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4
Lichen the Wanderer wrote:
This is what I found: Disengage: If you take the Disengage action, your Movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks for the rest of the turn.

Yeah I looked them up. You can run!


Zask fails to connect, but Vhaezil's blast strikes the apparition soundly.

Daryl returns the shield of St. Jude, patron saint of lost causes to the tomb of Sir Orrin. As he does, the shades of the Knights of St. Jude, an order dedicated to the belief that no challenge is impossible, shake their heads. The cold eyes of one of the pair closest to Daryl looks him up and down with disdain, while the other gives sniff of disapproval. As a group they turn away and dissipate into the ether.

Combat over.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys had barely got his rapier out of its sheath before the shades gave Daryl and the others their disapproval, "Well, I guess that sort the matter of our collective worthiness." he says drily, warily sliding his weapon back home again.

He crosses his arms, "Is this shield something we really need?" he asks, mostly rhetorically.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil allows a faint flicker of a smile to cross his thin mouth;

"It was a challenge... To prove worth and worthiness... Face impossible odds congruous to their credo."

The diabolist looks to the towering Dragonborn first, then the others;

"The bulwark's nature may well be magickal. However it would seem our Draco, ergo our whole company, are lacking the necessary virtues of the esteemed Order to claim it."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen looks to the small monk. Eat some berries man. Those things could come back at any time. Then addressing everyone he adds Just seems like a test. I am willing to fight these things for the party to get the shield if that is the consensus.

Were the creatures incorporeal? If so, what does that mean in this system. And now that we know about the risk, do we prep, and try again?


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl simply shrugs. "I don't need the dead to estimate my worthiness. If St Jude chooses to judge the worthy by their reaction to grave-robbing, then I want nothing to do with him. Perhaps we should have let the evil ones stay. Then these shades could use their judgement where it is actually prudent".

"Saint Thalvus is my patron, and his responsibility is for finding lost things. I believe we have fulfilled that obligation".

"Let us go. We have a delivery to make".

501 to 550 of 1,619 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.