GM_Foxy's 2nd Carrion Crown

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Carrion Crown AP

Undiomede House
Skum Tunnels


6,301 to 6,350 of 7,662 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>

Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"We'd like to ask you a couple questions if we may. I am Darius Redgrave, servant of Iomedae. And yourself sir?"


Kitsune Game Master

"I'm Clanartus Viliras. Stablemaster. You need some horses?"


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"We have come to ask about horses yes, you supplied two men the other day with some horses?" Stam follow Darius in

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Kitsune Game Master

"It is what I do for a living. You'd have to be more specific than that." Viliras replies. "But there were two horsemen in dark cloaks that came to the livery a few days ago. The men were rude, kicking mud all over the stablemaster, and near-spooked my horses to death. They paid in gold for fresh horses, and rode out again in a powerful hurry. That's the guys you mean?"


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Cough cough cough. Excuse me, the horses smell really rotten to me


Kitsune Game Master

"That has to be the cat. It got hit by one of the horses and ran off. Probably died somewhere in the rafters. If you find it, you can keep it."

Sense Motive DC 18:
Bluff: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
That is a blatant lie.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Foxy:

Grergof starts detecting evil after the blatant lie and the smell of rotten meat being pointed out to him.

Really Sir? That's what you are going with? Grergof asks with an arched eyebrow.


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Stam steps back towards the door, the words of a spell on his lips


Kitsune Game Master

Grergof:
The guy is definitely evil (faint) and if you didn't blurt it at him immediately you'd have noticed the evil undead in the hey before they jump out.

"You don't buy it? Well, then talking is over!" Viliras replies and draws a bone knife. Out of the hay jump two stinking undead ghouls.

Initiative Viliras: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Initiative Ghoul: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Initiative Ghoul: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Initiative Stam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Initiative Grergof: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative Spugnoir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Initiative Darius: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Stam <--
Ghoul, Viliras, Ghoul
Spugnoir, Darius, Grergof


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

Such a pity that I go after the ghouls.


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Sorry

Stam falls back, starting a summoning spell, after drawing a quick circle in the dirt with his foot.


Kitsune Game Master

Viliras draws two daggers, steps closer to Grergof and stabs at him, but doesn't find an opening in the armor.
Dagger: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The ghouls set up a flanking for Darius.
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d6 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (4, 4, 2) = 17
DC13 vs Paralysis

Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

Spugnoir decides to use his brand new Holy Bombs to lay the divien smackdown on the ghouls, making sure to adjust them so they won't harm Stam
Discovery: Holy Bombs When the alchemist creates a bomb, he can choose to have it deal good divine damage. Evil creatures that take a direct hit from a holy bomb must succeed at a Fortitude save or be staggered on their next turn. Against neutral creatures, holy bombs deal half damage, and such targets are not affected by their staggering effect. Holy bombs have no effect on good-aligned creatures.
Tossing at one of the ghouls on Darius

Holy Bomb,PBS,PS,Precise,Touch DC 19: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 165d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 6, 2) + 6 = 29

Holy Bomb,PBS,PS,Precise,Touch DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 205d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 2, 4) + 6 = 27


Kitsune Game Master

Spugnoir hits every ghoul once. They are both staggered by the holy energy.
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Ghoul(29), Viliras, Ghoul(27)
Spugnoir
Darius, Grergof, Stam <--


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

ouch

Fort save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Also holy crap those are tough ghouls.

Darius feels the claws of the ghouls slash across his face, caught by surprise at their sudden appearance.

Turning his head he draws his sword as a flash of positive energy flashes from him barraging the ghouls.

"Back off!"

Channel Harm DC18: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) + 5 = 17


Kitsune Game Master

The ghouls are hit hard by the holy energy and are on their last feet.
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Ghoul(46), Viliras, Ghoul(44)
Spugnoir, Darius
Grergof, Stam <--


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Wrong choice, neighbor.

Grergof draws his flail and using all his training carefully swings at Viliras attempting to stun him not kill him outright.

Adamantine Heavy Flail - Power Attack + Furious Focus - Non-Lethal: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 3 + 3 - 4 = 30
Vital strike Damage (NL) + Power attack: 2d10 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 9 = 21
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 3 + 3 - 4 = 24
Crit Damage (NL): 1d10 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 9 = 21


Kitsune Game Master

Grergof smashes his flail into the guy.

Stam follows up with a volley of magic missiles to end the ghouls. With the ghouls destroyed this fight suddenly gets very one sided.
MM ghoul one: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 3 = 11
MM ghoul two: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

This doesn't hinder Viliras to further stab Grergof, but Grergof's armor does.
Dagger: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Ghoul(+), Viliras, Ghoul(+)
Spugnoir, Darius, Grergof, Stam <--


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Since the guy won't surrender, Grergof opens up and starts to bash at that guy with no worries about stunning him any more.

Why would you...
Adamantine Heavy Flail - Power Attack + Furious Focus: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 3 + 3 = 21
Damage + Power attack: 1d10 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 9 = 22

allie yourself....
Adamantine Heavy Flail - Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 3 = 13
Damage + Power attack: 1d10 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 9 = 26

with the flesh-eating dead?


Kitsune Game Master

Grergof's threatening stance looses a lot when he doesn't hit.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

How is Villiras looking? Trying to decide if I should Holy Smite his butt. He's eveil right?


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"Slam him from behind my little Friend." Stam tells the Earth elemental in Terran.

Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Are you the Rider we are seeking or just one of his cronies?" Stam Asks

Unleashing magic darts at the Man.

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 4) + 4 = 15


Kitsune Game Master

Spugnoir?


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

Spugnoir attacks with his mace!

Mace+1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Mace+1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Kitsune Game Master

Viliras keeps trying to get rid of that heavily armored guy with the painful flail.
Dagger: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Fort Save vs DC17 for 6 rounds 1d2Str
Viliras
Spugnoir, Darius, Grergof, Stam <--


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

"Enough!" Darius yells and calls down the vengeance of Iomedae.

Casts Holy Smite DC19:
School evocation [good]; Level cleric 4

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Area 20-ft.-radius burst

Duration instantaneous (1 round); see text

Saving Throw Will partial; see text; Spell Resistance yes

You draw down holy power to smite your enemies. Only evil and neutral creatures are harmed by the spell; good creatures are unaffected.

The spell deals 1d8 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d8) to each evil creature in the area (or 1d6 points of damage per caster level, maximum 10d6, to an evil outsider) and causes it to become blinded for 1 round. A successful Will saving throw reduces damage to half and negates the blinded effect.

The spell deals only half damage to creatures who are neither good nor evil, and they are not blinded. Such a creature can reduce that damage by half (down to one-quarter of the roll) with a successful Will save.

Holy Smite Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 5, 3) = 16


Kitsune Game Master

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Viliras feels the magic missiles and the vengeance of Iomedae. Not so much the mace of Spugnoir.

But all in all this leaves him close to falling over.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Str Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Watch out, he uses Poison!

He strikes back with one heavy strike.

Adamantine Heavy Flail - Power Attack + Furious Focus: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 3 + 3 = 22
Vital Strike Damage + Power attack: 2d10 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (7, 9) + 5 + 9 = 30


Kitsune Game Master

Grergof misses again the agile man.

Viliras(73)
Darius, Grergof
Spugnoir, Stam <--


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"I was not prepared for this effort today." Stam says dryly to the man.

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 1) + 4 = 13
Earthies slam: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 241d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7


Kitsune Game Master

Stam ends this fight together with his elemental.

Loot:
Large scorpion venom (4 vials), +1 mithral shirt, +2 dagger,
masterwork daggers (2), disguise kit, small ceramic egg at a cord around his neck, thieves’ tools, 20 pp

The ghouls ave nothing with them.


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"Darius can you talk to his guy? Find something out from him? " Stam looks in the magical spectrum over the gear.

GM:

Is the egg magical?


Kitsune Game Master

Stam:
No


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

Hmm..I wonder if a dagger would be better for me, I rarely get into melee anyway Spugnoir treats Varsk's poison
SHLLUURRRPPPPP!
Heal: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Grergof leans over clutching his stomach until Spugnoir comes over and helps him.
Ladies above, that hurts!
fort + Heal check: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 4 = 36

But eventually he recovers even if he is is not completely fixed.
Thank you Mr. Spugnoir... your first aid helped quite a bit.

When he is able to stand up again he looks over at Viliras laying on the floor.

Tie him up. He shouldn't be dead, just unconscious. So we can interrogate him as needed once he is secure and away from those daggers.


Kitsune Game Master

The guy will wake up in 20 minutes if untreated. Continue with your interrogation please


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

I could cut his hamstrings so no running.


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"I could drop him into a pit of acid to see how fast he talks." Stam tries to one up Spugnoir. Stam finds some rope to help tie up the man.

"Who will do the talking?" Stam looks around.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

"I can try. Lets get him bound up. He was a tough one."


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Grergof looks askance at Spugnoir and Stam.
That's not really what I intended...
He seems at a total loss for a moment before he continues.

Isn't there a magical way to make him talk without torture? I know he consorted with the undead, but really.
He looks even greener now then when he was doubled over with poison?


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Stam will do this:

School necromancy [evil, pain]; Level inquisitor 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1

Casting Time 1 round

Components V, S

Range touch

Target living creature touched

Duration 1 minute/level

Saving Throw Fortitude negates; Spell Resistance yes

You question the target, backed up by the threat of magical pain. You may ask one question per two caster levels. The target can either answer the question or take 1d4 points of damage plus your Wisdom bonus. The target is not compelled to answer truthfully, but the threat of pain gives it a –4 penalty on Bluff checks to convince you when it is lying.


Kitsune Game Master

Stam must have misunderstood Grergof, as he goes for magical torture.
Who is asking questions?


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"I am going to use a spell on you, it won't hurt unless you tell us a lie and the spell will know if you are lying." Stam says matter of factly. "I am not doing this to be mean, we came asking questions and you attacked us remember."

Stam paces a bit then turns to the man,

"You sold horses to the two men, are you one of those men who rode through town leaving Feldgrau?"


Kitsune Game Master

"Am I? Or am I not?" he answers with a grin, that is replaced by pain and him falling unconscious again.


HP 65 Ӏ AC 17 (FF 115/T 13) Ӏ CMD 18 Ι F+7, R+7, W+10 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"Wake him up please." Stam continues to pace the room.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 9 (HP 93/93 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 | Fort:+13 | Ref:+8 | Will:+11 | Init + 3 | Perc + 10)
Daily Power:
LoH: 4/11, Smite: 2/4, DB: 2/2, Spells:3: (BoBV) 2: (FoE, LoR), 1: (DF, G, HD)

Grergof shudders at the sight.

Ummm... Maybe it would be better if I stood guard outside.

He goes and stands outside the door making sure that nobody desturbs his companions, ready to step in if the screams get too loud.

As he stands there he prays asking for guidance.
Lady of Light and Goddess of Luck. Guide my companions today. I know this man is in league with the unholy walking dead and deserves no mercy, but what is being done to him seems wrong. Is it more wrong then just killing him and speaking to his spirit as he heads to the Boneyard to receive judgement? I just don't know. Show me the way, and what I should do.....

The prayer continues as he stands guard outside.


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

Ok, ok, let us stop this, the paladin is moping. We can perhaps wait for Darius to pray for proper miracles and we can search his possessions and his residence. Spugnoir examine sthe egg.


Kitsune Game Master

Spugnoir:
The egg has a fine line in the middle, and playing around with it you find that it can be opened. Inside is a small gagged skull.


1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC21T14FF17
Alchemist 10 HP 74/75,Init+6,F11R11W7(9 fear)(+8vs. Poison)AC19T12FF17Per+15

Isn't this the Whispering Way thing?


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 4 / AC 20/*22, Touch 12, Flat 12 / HP 63/69 / Init +4 / Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13 / Perception +8 / Channel Positive Energy (DC17/19) 7/7 Per Day *Spell Adjusted No's

Darius paces then goes for he old fashioned way...

Darius walks up to the captive and grabs him by his collar and hoists him up and slams him against the wooden wall and stares right into his eyes.

"I don't know what you and your cronies are up to But you're gonna spill everything you know or by Iomedae's justice the pain you just felt will be nothing compared to what I will bring down to you to keep you from passing through Pharasma's halls. Now talk."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

I don't have an appropriate spell ready and we'd have to wait till tomorrow before I did.

6,301 to 6,350 of 7,662 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Foxy's 2nd Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.