GM Euan's Mummy's Mask (Inactive)

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


2,601 to 2,650 of 8,813 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Abdur shakes his head sadly.

"Sorry. A pair of ghouls got into the stable before I really knew what was going on. I heard the mules as I gathered my gear, but by the time I got out there to deal with the fell undead, it was too late. I am sorry."

Oh, and it wasn't last night, it was the night before last - the first night of the undead uprising. My mistake.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Damn..." Florence sighs. "Maybe we can buy another one once the city's been made safe again. Whenever that might be."


Zilchus shakes his head when he learns of Artax's fate. He, however, has a better approach: divine magic.

He prays differently that day, asking for something that might help him in this task...well, help Cahal, really.

After his morning ablutions (really more of a drinking ritual, rinsing one's mouth with spirits), Zilchus is ready to go. He casts Ant Haul on Cahal, giving the maiden the ability to move the cart unassisted. Per GM chat.

When the party is ready to move out, Zilchus will walk in front of the cart, leading the way and clearing out debris that might be in the cart's path.

He seems quite eager to please Abdur.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"That's a really neat bit of magic," Florence can't help but comment as Zilchus grants Cahal the ability to carry (or pull) heavier loads. "Too bad that sort of thing wasn't available when I still lived in Cassomir, would've made stocking and restocking and moving things around our shop a lot easier, heh."

Spells & Powers:

2nd - Aid, Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust
1st - Bless x2, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize
Fortune Hex Uses: None
Healing Hex Uses: None

______

Since I didn't think to specify earlier in my other post, I'll leave Flo's spells the same today as they were yesterday.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

After readily agreeing to help Abdur, Benedictus spends a troubled night filled with terrors. At least, his body is able to rest, and his brain – the physical part of his mind, as Ben is used to call it – feels well rested too. Waking up a few hours earlier than the others, Benedictus prepares his spells for the leaving, leaving a few options open in order to be able to conform his selection to the party’s needs. The scholar spends the rest of his time before the others wake up, about half an hour, teaching a little girl how to read.

***

After having his breakfast together with his friends, Benedictus intently listens to Abdur’s briefing. The plan is quite clear. “A simple plan is almost always a good plan. Mr. Abdur,” he adds, “thanks to my magic, I’m able to create a circular plane of force that follows me about and carries load for me. The disk is 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch deep at its center. It can hold 400 punds, more or less. Do you think this would help us reducing the number of trips needed?
____________
GM, would a floating disk count as a cart, so that it could spare us a trip? If not, would two disks suffice?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

"You all seem to assume that I will be pulling the cart... Why is that!? Is it because I am stronger? How does that makes me a beast of burden? Is it because I'm less educated? So you all will be doing something savantly or scholarly while watching me toil under the sun?!" shouts Cahal, arms akimbo and finger jabbing the air, when Zilchus tries to cast a spell on her.

"Why don't we just use the disk and save everyone's back?"

She obviously did not think that her staying to help 'save the town' would mean playing donkey all day.


If Floating Discs are in play, then no need for Ant Haul. Whatever works!

Zilchus continues to debate and plan the best way to do things.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The floating disk will save a trip, reducing the need to two from three.

Or you could do two floating disks, and some liberal carrying by the party - but nothing overly encumbering - and you could get away with no wagon, but still need three trips (at one hour each, only one casting for the morning will suffice - or two for two disks).

I'll assume two disks are being used, so Benedictus please plan your spells accordingly.

Abdur thanks you all, and gives you a substantive pouch of coins to pay off the captain. "Thank you all for this, I very much appreciate it. Just can't be in two places at once you know."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

At Abdur’s mention of his recruits being green around the ears, Nidhi reconsiders recruiting a group to return to the Silver Chain’s hideout. She doesn’t want to be responsible for the death of an innocent civilian. I can’t believe a couple of ghouls got into Abdur’s stables. Those poor animals. Nidhi wistfully thinks back to the small chicken coop at her grandmothers. I wonder what grandmother did with the bodies.

Nidhi is grateful for the opportunity to sleep and refresh her abilities. As she brushes and braids her hair, she thinks of her grandmother. I won’t return home until I’ve improved the state of Wati. Nidhi narrows her eyes thinking about the havoc the undead have caused.

GM Euan as Abdur wrote:
He leans back, ”So if you’d take this cart, no horse or mule I’m afraid, they got old Bessy last night, down to the wharf, the good Captain will load her up and you can haul it back. Two trips ought to set me right, three would be wonderful though it will take you all morning I suspect. At least there’s little slope between here and the waterfront.” he consoles the group.

Just the morning?” Nidhi asks. ”What are these supplies? Food? Weapons?” I’m glad Abdur seems to be helping the city in his own way. People need consistency more than ever right now.

Nidhi listens to Ben detail his abilities to Abdur and Cahal complain about being the party’s pack mule. Nidhi doesn’t have any sort of heavy lifting ability but she does have a few social abilities tucked under her belt. ”We’ll make sure the good arrive back to you safe Abdur,” Nidhi promises.

Do you mean reducing the trip from three to two?

Nidhi takes out her bow and scans the area on either side of the street as the party makes their way to the harbor. Nidhi is not leading the group; she's maybe the second or third person in the procession.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"If we see another merchant or person in need of help we should stop," Nidhi glances towards her companions. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I think the undead have everyone on edge including me."

A few more minutes pass and Nidhi suggests: "Since this should only take the morning, maybe in the afternoon we can return to the Silver Chain's hideout. What do you all think about returning to the Necropolis?" Nidhi obviously wasn't thrilled, but the task seemed less daunting after having spent nearly a week raiding tombs in the walled off graveyard. She regrets not having any garlic on her person.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben is a tad disappointed by Cahal's reaction, but limits himself to shrug. "I would rather use one of my daily spells for this task, if possible. Zilchus, could you cast that spell you mentioned on yourself...or me? Would that work? Sparing a spell could spare us our lives, given the current situation."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Your first trip runs smoothly. You traverse the city down to the docks, and with a little difficulty find the ship in question. There isn’t the usual hustle and bustle down at the dockyards so it took a while to find someone to guide you. The captain is a quiet man from down river, but the mention of Abdur’s name, and the promise of payment, is enough to loosen his hold and lower his gangplank.

His men load up the floating disks (which largely fills them with surprise) with all manner of foodstuffs from his stores, and a few kegs of drinks as well. You haul it all back up the low slope to Milki where Abdur’s people unload them again as swiftly as they can while you rest in the shade by the building with Abdur in his chair and you on a long bench he’s brought out for the purpose.

The next trip though, is more dangerous.

As you approach an intersection some little ways off on your way back from the ship, you see a trio of zombies threatening a lone merchant. Before you have an opportunity to intervene (you begin the surprise round by rushing forward), a soul-shaking howl fills the air, and a pair of hideous creatures (link) - horrible masked amalgams of bear and crocodile with feathers - burst from an alley. Malice oozes from these stout, hunched predators. A ruff of dirty feathers adorns their hairless, muscular bodies just below their crocodilian skulls.

These creatures tear into the zombies with bite and claw, felling them though the human male was injured by the zombies in the process. The creatures begin feeding on the decayed flesh of the slain undead while the man lies dying in the street.

Knowledge Planes DC 18:
Extremely rare, these creatures are Esoboks, N Medium outsider (extraplanar, psychopomp). They are not undead, though their skulls seem to indicate otherwise. Esoboks are the savage guard dogs of Pharasma.

While vanths serve as eerily disciplined soldiers, morrignas hunt fugitives of the system, and other psychopomps tend to the bureaucracy of death (like Qasin), esoboks are her guardian beasts. Uncorrupted by ethical questions or personal desires, they simply shred whatever they encounter.

One question for each 5 you beat the DC.
- - -

No surprise round as the party spent it running onto the map.

- Round 1-
Benedictus - 32
Zilchus - 17
Good Folks - 11
Cahal - 8
Florence - 4
Nidhi - 2
Human - 1 (bleeding)

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 (acts in surprise round)
Cahal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Florence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Good Folk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Next up - Benedictus and Zilchus. New map is up! The dead zombies are in green, the dying woman in black. The creatures came from the west. The wagon may or may not be there. There may be just one floating disk. Not important to the fight for now.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 1 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 32 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Oh my…No, wait! They’re Esoboks! Psychopomps!

Realizing that his knowledge might prove decisive for the outcome of the fight, or to avoid fight completely, Benedictus tries to explain himself better. “They’re not inherently evil. They just shred whatever they encounter…We could just run away and leave that man to his fate…or stay and try to help him, but in that case, the esoboks are likely to attack us!

For once, Benedictus decides to leave the choice to his friends. He simply prepares himself to the two most likely circumstances: run away or cast a spell to protect himself!
_________________________
Ben readies a spell in case the party decides to attack: he will cast invisibility on himself. If the party chooses to flee, he will follow the others.

Knowledge (planes) check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Status:
hp – 20/20
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, 4 hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 4th, concentration +10)
[smaller]2st (2+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 18), invisibility, locate object, scorching ray, web (DC 18)

1st (3+2+1/day)― burning hands (DC 17), floating disk, grease (DC 17), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Round 1, Init 17

Zilchus' initial reaction is to draw his falchion and run at the zombies/monsters with a bloodrage cry of war...and he does that...until he skids to stop between the monsters attacking the undead and Ben's warning.

"Psycho Pumps?" Zilchus asks quizzically as his gaze goes to the footware of the downed human. "What?"

Nonetheless, he holds his sword, instead casting Stabilize on the bleeding human. Oops, not in range of that yet. Stabilize is short range, about 45'.

Zilchus double moves up.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 13

Benedictus sees Zilchus charge ahead and turns invisible. Zilchus double moves into reach to help the merchant, but is beset by a beast!

The red psychopomp raises its head at Zilchus’ approach, but lowers it again and keeps eating the zombie in front of it. The other however, takes heed of the approaching warrior and charges him!

Bite on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 free grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

- Round 1-
Cahal - 8
Florence - 4
Nidhi - 2
Human - 1 (bleeding)
- Round 2-
Benedictus - 32
Zilchus - 17 (-9hp)
Good Folks - 11

Next up - Everyone!


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 4

Although she wants to save the dying man, Florence also doesn't want to charge ahead into the arms of danger either. She moves down the street a bit and then casts a blessing spell to help them quickly defeat the dangerous psycho pumps!
______

Florence will move to her current position and cast Bless!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 1, Init 17

Zilchus prays inward, channeling his prayer into himself. He swings his falchion into the psycho pump, who probably loves eating shoes.

1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 3 = 23 to hit; (magic)
2d4 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 + 3 = 14 adamantine magic slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]2d4+7[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 25/34
AC: 19 (7 armor, 2 dex)

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/4
Grunting: 0/5 used
Quick Prayer: 1/5 used
PoP1: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal follows in Zilchus' steps, spear forward, and lunges at the beast.

Magical Longspear, charge, bless, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 151d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 = 17


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Still invisible, Ben tries to slowly move toward the injured man.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 + 40 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 40 = 53


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 2:

"This will be a quick fight," Nidhi calls out to her companions. Nidhi moves North 30 feet (See map.) and lifts her already out bow to fire a normal arrow at the strange beast.

To hit (Red): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Arrows Remaining 19/20

Nidhi cringes a bit when the arrow leaves her bow. It wasn't her cleanest shot.

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

(I left out PBS)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 11

Cahal lunges at the beast, but just misses. Florence careful of the danger, casts bless to aid the party. Nidhi launches an arrow, but even with the close range, cannot land it. Benedictus, though moving, still manages to hide in plain sight with the power of magic! (I think you’re moving, so only a +20 on the stealth check - still good enough!) Zilchus finally lands a blow for the party, connecting heavily on the creature’s snout.

Red continues to munch away at the undead, seemingly caring little for its ally fighting off Zilchus and the party.

Blue continues to try and feast on Zilchus, bringing its claws to bear with its bite!
Bite on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 free grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Claw on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Claw on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
critthreat Claw on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

- Round 2-
Cahal - 8
Florence - 4
Nidhi - 2
Human - 1 (bleeding)
- Round 3-
Benedictus - 32
Zilchus - 17 (-26hp)
Good Folks - 11
Good Blue - (-14hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Round 2, Init 17

"Ow! One more hit like that and...I...uh...will...yeah," Zilchus says to Cahal, hoping the beast can be felled quick. "DAMNIT BEN! WHERE ARE YOU!?! WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME!!" Uh, Ben did. But Z seems to be missing that.

Zilchus prays inward, channeling healing magic into himself. He 5' steps as he strikes with his falchion.

1d20 + 8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 3 + 1 = 30 to hit; (DF,+bless)
2d4 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 7 + 3 = 13 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 3 + 1 = 20 to hit; (DF,+bless)
2d4 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 + 3 = 16 adamantine slashing damage.

Healing:
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 CLW

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]2d4+7[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 8/34 + healing above
AC: 19 (7 armor, 2 dex)

DF: 2/10
Weap: 0/4
Grunting: 0/5 used
Quick Prayer: 2/5 used
PoP1: 0/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Inititive 2:

Nidhi moves forward another fifteen feet but turns to the other creature currently feasting on Zilchus' arm (blue)

To hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 18/20 Arrows Remaining

Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Nidhi arrow nearly hits Zilchus instead of the beast. "Can you stop it from moving so much?" Nidhi complains.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 4

Florence winces as the creature rips a bloody gash into Zilchus with a claw and races forward in an attempt to try and help finish the creature before it finishes her friend.

"Yeah, that's called 'killing it dead'," Florence replies to Nidhi as she stabs at the creature, unable to keep herself from indulging in a bit of snark.

Attack vs. Blue (Longspear; Bless): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Trying not to draw any attention to him, Benedictus keeps moving toward the bleeding victim, and once there, he waits for the right opportunity to drag him away.

I can't move the victim on the map, but Ben intends to drag him toward the north.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 20 = 35


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal matches her friend's movement around the beast, slipping behind her and stabbing it in the back. Her spear digs deep.

Magical Longspear, charge, bless, PA, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 211d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 = 20


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal can’t charge (I don’t think you were far enough away) but hits anyway as her spear digs deep into the creature. She finds that her weapon does less damage than she thinks it should however (DR). Florence rushes up but cannot quite pierce its flesh. Nidhi manages another arrow, but does not manage to connect, though it does skim Zilchus’ breastplate. Benedictus sneaks up to the body and picks it up - at least partially (not enough actions to start to drag it yet). To a more intelligent adversary, the one or two floating disks laden with goods would give away your position, but the psychopomp seems more interested in flesh. Zilchus, with flank, manages a critical and cuts the creature very nearly in half (no DR).

Red finally notices the combat going on, and charges south, attacking Cahal, Nidhi: 1d2 ⇒ 2, though Cahal gets an AoO with her spear as it closes.

It pounces, being smarter than its friend who forgot it had that ability…
Bite on Nidhi: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 free grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Claw on Nidhi: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Claw on Nidhi: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The crocodile head bites into Nidhi, and shakes. Like a cat breaking a mouses neck, the head seems to move faster than physics should allow. Nidhi feels like she's floating as her very soul is torn from her body.

Nidhi, please make a DC 14 Will save. Success means force damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 failure means paralyzation as you are unable to give orders your body can follow.

- Round 3-
Cahal - 8
Florence - 4
Nidhi - 2 (-23hp, grappled)
Human - 1 (bleeding)
- Round 4-
Benedictus - 32
Zilchus - 17 (-18hp)
Good Red - 11 (grappled)
Good Blue - 11 (dead)

Next up - Everyone!


Round 3, Init 17

Zilchus moves over to help Nidhi.

1d20 + 8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 3 + 1 = 30 to hit; (+bless)
2d4 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 3 = 15 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 3 + 1 = 17 to hit; (+bless)
2d4 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 + 3 = 17 adamantine slashing damage.

Before I forget, after this combat, Zilch will use his Pearl to get back the spell he used.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]2d4+7[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 16/34
AC: 19 (7 armor, 2 dex)

DF: 3/10
Weap: 0/4
Grunting: 0/5 used
Quick Prayer: 2/5 used
PoP1: 1/1 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Inititive 2:

Wow, that damage takes Nidhi to -1!

Will (14): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Nidhi is knocked unconcious by the beast and blood starts pouring out of the bite and scratch marks.

As the beast jerks at Nidhi's wound, her blood splatters left and right, spraying anyone nearby. Her cloak is quickly turning from white to red. Nidhi's heavy braid repeatedly smacks the ground as the beast thrashes her body about.

Nidhi feels her soul violently separating from her body and she desperately tries to hold on to the physical plane. Noooooo, her distraught soul wails.


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Sorry, forgot to remove the charge bonus... Holy Moly, this thing hits like a truck! And looks like Zilch is also hitting hard!

"Ben! Why is my spear not biting into this thing?!"

AoO Magical Longspear, bless, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 211d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16

I'm assuming thsat Nidhi is down, so no soft cover and a set up for future flank. If she's up, I will position myself elsewhere, with no future hope of flanking.

Cahal catches the beast as it passes near her. She then shuffles to strike it as it shakes her friend like an old rag: "Damn it beast! Let go of her!!!"

Magical Longspear, bless, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 241d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 = 18


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Hehe, now she needs me! Well, since I don't actually know anything about esobok's defenses, perhaps it's better that I'm invisible!

Ben tries to laugh inside despite the dire situation and starts slowly dragging the victim away.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal hits with her AoO and regular blow as she attacks over Nidhi - protecting her. Florence still has an action remaining. Nidhi, though not paralyzed, still drops to the ground and begins to bleed. (Don’t forget the stabilization roll for round 3.) Benedictus’s invisible hand pull the wounded merchant away from the fight. Zilchus moves over, winds up, and critically kills the other one!

We are out of initiative, but both the merchant and Nidhi continue to bleed… Who do you heal first?

- Round 4-
Cahal - 8
Florence - 4
Nidhi - 2 (-26hp, bleeding)
Human - 1 (bleeding)
- Round 5-
Benedictus - 32
Zilchus - 17 (-18hp)
Good Red - 11 (dead)
Good Blue - 11 (dead)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Continued:

so that Will roll was for something else?

Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 2 = 6
+1 Con, -2 HP

Round 4:

Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 3 = 0
+1 Con, -3 HP

The pool of blood staining Nidhi's cloak expands to cover more of her body.


Zilchus looks at Nidhi and shakes his head, wondering where Ben had run off to. He casts stabilize on the...human first. Then Nidhi. In that order. Because reasons.

He then looks around for Ben.

"Ben! BEN! WHERE ARE YOU!?" Zilchus roars. "Mind telling me what happened here?"

He grabs the wand and begins to heal Nidhi.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CLW 4 charges.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"I'm here!" Ben releases the spell and appears again, waving with his hand to get the attention of his friends. "This man needs help!"

Heal check to stabilize: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Although not so expert with healing, Ben tries to stop the victim's bleeding.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Yes Nidhi, the will save was against a supernatural effect of the grapple.

Nidhi and the merchant are stabilized and Nidhi is back on her feet. Strangely, a few moments after they were slain, both psychopomps disappear! Their bodies entirely vanish…

Knowledge Arcana DC 15:
You suspect it’s almost certain that these creatures were summoned, perhaps as easily as a tweaked Monster Summoning spell, possibly by some other means. One things for sure though - someone else was here.
- - -


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi desperately grabs at Zilchus, and as if in delayed reaction she screams "let go of me! Let go!" Nidhi tightens her grip on Zilchus, seemingly unaware that she's the one holding on. Due to a forceful pull away or perhaps a slap to the face, Nidhi blinks confused, and releases her grip.

Because of the tramatic experience, Nidhi will flee in fear if she encounters the beasts again.

She looks to the fallen beasts, confused. And rubs her eyes after seeing them dissappear.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Nidhi turns back to Zilchus and looks like she's on the verge of tears. "Zilchus! You saved my life! You're so heroic!" Nidhi tries to wrap her arms around her companion, "I'm in your debt! I'll watch you back in every battle to come and write songs of your glory in battle!" In this moment, only the fierce, glorious, wonderful Zilchus exists in Nidhi's eyes. Her other companions and injured civilians are temporarily forgotten.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Taking 10 at the Knowledge (arcana) check.

Ben breathes a sigh of relief in seeing the poor victim stabilized. All of a sudden, however, a striking intuition hits him. "Wait, what? Did you notice, guys? The esoboks...When you defeated them, they...vanished! This is...peculiar."

Ben starts to look around, frantically. "We're not safe here. Someone else was around. The esoboks were summoned! I can't be completely sure about it, but it's highly probable. That means that whoever summoned them must be near. Come on, let's get away from here..."

Ben starts to consider the party's option, then sighs and looks at Cahal. "Well, you must admit that a wagon would have come in handy now..." says Benedictus, looking at the still unconscious victim.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Wait, what? Did you notice, guys? The esoboks...When you defeated them, they...vanished! This is...peculiar."

Zilchus smiles, looking at his sword.

"You think they disappeared on their own?! HA!" Zilchus holds up his new sword that really helped in that fight. "Maybe I hit them so hard they went to another plane. That's much more likely. Hit anything hard enough, and they'll go away."

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"We're not safe here. Someone else was around. The esoboks were summoned! I can't be completely sure about it, but it's highly probable. That means that whoever summoned them must be near. Come on, let's get away from here..."

Zilchus looks at Ben, his eyes bulging.

"What now, Ben?" Zilchus looks exasperated. "Now we should flee? Wasn't it just yesterday that you were yelling about saving the city?! Now, we've had a minor skirmish and you want to run away?!"

Zilchus looks at Ben, waiting an explanation while he heals himself after tapping the downed human.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CLW - human
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 CLW 4 more charges.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The merchant wakes after two charges, and seems fully fit, physically anyway, after three (you can save a charge). How is the wand doing? Feels like it should be quite low…

The merchant struggles to sit up, and pushes hard to make it happen. Dizzily they look around and take in the battlefield. ”You killed the zombies… Where are the other beasts? The undead crocodiles?”

Eventually he gathers his strength and, with help, manages his feet. ”I thank you for your help, you assuredly saved my life. If there’s anything I can do for you, please let me know. I think instead of working today, I’ll head back home a while until the dead stop walking our streets!” He tells you he works as a carpenters assistant, but invites you to his home for mid-morning tea and whatever he can scrounge from the larder by way of thanks.


1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Sense Motive

Zilchus, having heard the man's story, seems satisfied (assuming nothing from the sense motive) and goes to follow up on Ben's hunch by checking for tracks of the psycho pumps.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Survival - pump tracks

Though the esoboks were summoned, they might have come into the fight from a direction.

Edit: Wow. 2 crits last fight, 2 natural ones in this post.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"They were summoned? Wh...why would someone do that?" Florence asks, torn between anger and unease. "What's the purpose? Or maybe it was just a sick joke? Damned wizards..." she fumes before turning to Nidhi.

"Hey...hey! Nidhi! Are you okay?" she asks hesitantly, all her hurt feelings and anger from earlier evaporated like water in the desert.
______

As of this post I have wand charges at 18, so after the 8 used here it should have 10 charges left.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The merchant thanks the party again, and makes his way cautiously back home - just around the corner, so not far.

Zilchus finds no tracks of particular notice on the cobblestone streets. He's sure the creatures came from the west, but beyond that he's not sure what happened or whether there were other people on the scene.

Alone again, the party continues to haul goods for Abdur as he fortifies his position. You load enough foodstuffs for a small army, and the liquor to support it. By noon you're done with the work and Abdur feeds you well for your trouble.

"Is there anything else I can do for you now that you've helped me, and the community, so much? What's your next move?" he inquires.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi takes Zilchus’ explanation. ”I have to agree with Zilchus on this one, Ben,” Nidhi joins in. He must have had such a strong killing blow that the creature itself was pushed out of this mortal plane!”[/b] Nidhi’s superstitious nature causes her to add: ”Maybe they flit in between worlds like whales surfacing to breathe.” Nidhi’s eyes widen and she makes a spreading gestures with both her hands.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Hey...hey! Nidhi! Are you okay?" she asks hesitantly, all her hurt feelings and anger from earlier evaporated like water in the desert.

Nidhi sighs dramatically, back to her usual self now that she’s out of danger. ”I suppose I’m okay, but there’s no going back after an encounter like that. I think my life will forever be changed from this moment.” Nidhi wasn’t aware Florence had been annoyed with her before. She had assumed Florence’s anger had been directed at Ben or Zilchus. Nidhi had been terrified but she bounced back quickly after receiving healing.

GM Euan wrote:
"Is there anything else I can do for you now that you've helped me, and the community, so much? What's your next move?" he inquires.

”It would help us if you told us where those beasts came from. Did they enter from a portal to an alternate dimension?” Nidhi asks in a deadpan voice. ”Maybe you saw tentacles of Cthulhu wriggling out?” Nidhi stares at the merchant for a good twenty seconds before adding: ”you know, half-octopus, half-dragon.” For good measure, Nidhi suggests he should ingest a decent amount of garlic before going to bed. ”Garlic keeps the undead away. I can’t promise it’ll work against otherworldly creatures but it couldn’t hurt.”


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence greets Nidhi's dramatics with an uncharacteristic expression of solemnity. "It could very well have been. The littlest and most unlikely things can sometimes make the biggest difference. And so can near-death experiences."
______

With a shrug, Florence looks at Abdur and the rest of the group. "Nothing in particular that I know of. I guess we'll just keep on doing what we can for people until things either settle down or something else happens. Unless you've got some sort of news for us?"


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

To Nidhi, Cahal puts a hand on her shoulder and tries to ascertain her mental state: "Are you okay? You seem quite shook... Take deep breaths. You're safe now."

Later, as they reach Abdur, Cahal eats like two, and half her food gets on her stained shirt, adding to its multiple shades of ochre.

"We want to be rid of these monstrosities piled at the Necropolis' gate. So how exactly do we go about it?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Abdur grimaces at Nidhi's question. "I have no idea, I'm not a very religious man when it comes down to it. Does garlic really work?" he seems uncertain, but trusting.

"Seems to me clearing the gate is a military matter, and frankly clearing the streets of the city seems a higher priority, to me, than clearing the Necropolis. That could take a long time - but the city doesn't have that kind of time. People will leave, reputations will be set in stone, Wati will never be the same again." he shakes his head sadly.

"I am not in the government anymore, nor the church. But it seems to me, we must look to those institutions for the time being. And when it comes to undead - well - I'd place my bets on the church around here. Sebti the Crocodile is a strong leader, she'll see us through this."

Abdur doesn't have any suggestions on what to do next. He's more focused on his own district, and preserving the people there until the city calms. Further you suspect he's not thinking all to clearly, having gone without sleep for a couple nights now in defense of his people.


GM Euan wrote:
"Is there anything else I can do for you now that you've helped me, and the community, so much? What's your next move?" he inquires.

Zilchus smiles at Abdur. He then listens to Cahal's answer.

"Oh, I dunno, Abdur. I think we're doing all we can," Zilchus offers, having taken many more vicious wounds over the last few days. "I think the Pharasmooks probably have the Gates in hand by now. Me? I thought I'd help you here. Might as well keep this place safe...it's important to the community."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Abdur nods, "This place is safe enough, so long as the Necropolis holds. I have enough men and women ready to defend it. Not of your caliber perhaps, but sufficient to the task."


Zilchus blushes at the compliment. He is not used to them and certainly not from someone he respects. He bows and is happy to serve Abdur while the man needs him to defend the Milki.

"If you have nothing else to do, let's go check on the progress at the gates...and Bal," Zilchus suggests to the party. "Anyone care to join me?"

After lunch, probably, If nothing seems threatening the Milki, Zilchus will mosey to the Gate to see if they need help.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal glares at Zilchus: "Of course I want to visit the gate again. I am here, am I not? And this is so that we can help make the town safer. That's not gonna happen by staying at Abdur and eating his food... We need to get those undead deaddead. We can't just sit on our hands and looks to priests and politicians! Best just kill ourselves here and there; less pain and frustrations!"

She's already in the middle of the street when she stops ranting. "Well? You need a linchbox for the day? Let's go!" she roars.

2,601 to 2,650 of 8,813 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.