GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

Spires of Xin-Shalast (Book 6)

Northeast Varisia | Xin-Shalast | Tactical Map

Sandpoint | Sandpoint Hinterlands | Varisia | LOOT!


151 to 200 of 4,673 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

After a few minutes of trying to wring information from the cursed goblins (and lacking the force of personality to compel them to talk), Rissi grows frustrated with the chaotic creatures and their eager willingness to cause mischief with no more then a passing suggestion from a stranger. She surrenders the goblins to the authorities.

"Fine, perhaps retiring to the Rusty Dragon is the wisest course of action."


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

With his polearm in hand, Sealman dashes off after the goblins. He chases them as far as the town's edge and where the suspension bridge begins. The dwarf holds up, still yelling curses at the feeing goblins. Indirectly, this allows anybody to interrogate the goblins before Seal returns to lop off heads as calmly as he is reaping wheat.

In response to Miana's compliment, Seal raises up his bec above is head.

"Thanks elf-lady. I can whack you to see if you can take the hit."

After an assured decline at the offer, Seal lowers his weapon and gives a bit of a pouty face while kicking a rock on the ground.

"I didn't get to hit the last one though. He kept jumping around."

Seal snaps to attention at the mention of food however.

"I'm hungry. Goblin-smashin' makes me hungry. But no cheese. Rassy can have my slices.

"So, inn-keep lady, will they be doing this again tomorrow? I might not be able to come out if they do. I'll probably need a week of rest before I feel all better."

Seal pulls out the small arrow stuck in his side with a short grunt.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

After the goblins have been run off, Kufieno begins congratulating everyone and patting backs. "Well done everyone! Seal, remind me not to be on the receiving end of that weapon of yours...at least when you hit with it!" He grins and turns to Miana. "Nice charge! If we find ourselves in this position in the future, just yell, I'll get out of the way!" Turning to Rissi. "I wish I know that spell, really economical, putting them to sleep like that, and Lucian, I can tell your have quite the guiding hand. Such nerves!" Kufieno continues to prattle on jovially, but if anyone looks closely, you notice his hands shaking a bit.

At Ameiko's offer, he nearly falls to his knees. "That sounds grand!"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Trying to catch his breath, Lucian lets the surge of adrenaline die out. Looking up at Aldern Foxglove, he addresses the nobleman a courteous yet happy smile. "Glad you're alright, M'lord. I have no doubt you would have dispatched those goblins easily should your sword have been at your side. We'll make sure to come and visit you in the days to come. Perhaps tomorrow?"

Lucian turns to his companions when he hears Ameiko's praise. "You hear that? We're heroes! Who would have fancied that, I wonder."

Certainly not that old coot Gandethus, he was never one to believe in me. That'll show him!

"We all did so well together. Sealman, your mastery of this unusual weapon is most impressive. Don't worry about your wound, let me heal you."

Cure Light Wounds on Sealman: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"... Your faith in Irori is also very impressive, Miana. I've never seen someone like you stop in the midst of a battle to pray. Well... except for me. Well... except I haven't been in many battles before. Well... it might have been the first one, to be honest." At a loss for words with Miana, the young man decides to switch the subject of the conversation to avoid further embarrassment.

Lucian has a hard time addressing the Tian-Min innkeeper directly, yet musters the strength to do so - with a slight blush on his cheeks. "Why thank you Ameiko, that's mighty kind of you! Did you see how we manage to save Mr. Foxglove here? Do you think you could sing a song about this day?"

Then suddenly the Varisian is struck by a thought, interrupting his clumsy attempt at impressing Ameiko. He stands still for a second or two, flabbergasted. "Oh no, Mr. Quink! I must check if he's alright. I hope he didn't put himself into too much trouble, or worse - that his house didn't burn down! I'll meet you at the Rusty Dragon later." he concludes before running off towards the north of the town.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Ameiko smiles warmly at the party, particularly Lucian. When food is brought up, Aldern addresses the party, "No, please, it's on me! Perhaps you would care to join me?" His gaze moves over everyone but ends on Miana. "Yes, let's go on to the Rusty Dragon and put this matter behind us! Ameiko, I trust you have some food still? I'd like to treat this fellows to dinner."

Lucian runs off to check on Mr. Quink to find that he was able to make it back to his house and bar himself in before the trouble started and that his premise is none the worse for wear.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

As Sandpoint recovers from the attack and buries its (thankfully few) dead, the citizens do their best to get on with their lives. The cathedral is consecrated the next day during a much more subdued and indoor ceremony, but by the end of the week, the goblin attack is remembered mostly with chuckles. Now that the terror of the raid is over, images of goblins accidentally lighting themselves on fire, getting stepped on my horses, or drowning in half-full rain barrels color memories of the raid in an almost comical light. But one thing the locals haven't forgotten is their new heroes.

Everywhere you go in town, locals welcome you and your names seem to have become household knowledge. A simple walk down Main Street results in the local baker Alma Avertin charging out to press a fesh-baked loaf of bread into your arms with worried comments that you must be starving. A visit to the Hagfish brings an immediate round of cheers, applause, and a round of drinks on the house (and a challenge to drink from Norah's tank-the large aquarium holding the tavern's namesake creature). A trip to the Sandpoint Theater has Cyrdak Drokkus trying to talk several of you (noticeably not Sealman) into auditioning for his new play. A stop at Savah's Armory is greeted with an instantaneous offer of 20% off anything in stock.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Any news of Brodert Quink? Is he safe?


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Yah! We have become Knowledge Local 10 trivia! BTW, EF, there are some issues for you to address on the Discussion side of the board.

Seal is more then happy to take any loaves of break given to him. He shoves large bites into his mouth and replies with a muffled Thank You.

The dwarf takes up the Hagfish's offer for many drinks. When the challenge arises to drink out of the Hagfish tank, Seal misunderstands the concept and climbs into the tank with the namesake! Once inside he takes big gulps of the putrid water. The hagfish swirls around Sealman. The dwarf spins and thrashes as if he is being tickled.

Seal is quickly helped out of the tank to a series of laughs. The dwarf just stands there with his hands limp as it side, looking like a wet cat.

"I've been slimmed."

Purchases:
Seal will by a dagger for now. Maybe more stuff later.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi makes an effort to sell various sundries acquired during conflict with the goblins, for the benefit of both her new associates as well as to fund her own researches. She re-invests part of the money into manufacturing a scroll to replace the one she used in battle.

A cloaked figure descends from a tiny garret in Rat Alley. The sound of noisy chittering can be heard from inside as she closes the door.

By the holy Constant! I thought I would never leave. Jix with her foolish badgering about my "adventures" - hah! Maybe she should make friends with the goblins; then she could have all the "adventure" she wanted. If she would just focus on establishing trade relations with the local caravaners, so that the family could be on its way and leave me in peace to study. She glances up at the looming artifact known as the Old Light, and sighs. I would miss Honored Mother, and Little Sister too, though.

The cloaked figure nervously darts between alleyways as she travels in the daylight, slightly embarrassed and nervous about the extensive attention she has recently received. When a townsfolk waves, she only very tentatively waves back. She goes searching for a bookseller... anybody, really, who might have a few tomes of lore or magic. She meditates as she travels.

That silly human Cydrak, trying to convince me to participate in his play. I suppose I wouldn't have to wear much makeup, given the right part.

She continues to explore the town.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Miana is flustered by her new celebrity. She accepts the group meal offer by Mr. Foxglove, albeit shyly.

Even around town, the paladin is very humble about her accomplishments; helping the innocent is her duty after all. However, she is pleased that the locals appreciate good works. This is a pleasant, peaceful town., she thinks to herself.

She does have to decline Cydrak's offer to be in the show; she's still has too much on her plate between her meditation and martial training as well as the occasional dalliance into the library for some studying.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

A few days after the raid, as the town begins to settle down and your celebrity status is secured, Sheriff Hemlock approaches you as you sit about your (now well-known) table at the Rusty Dragon. "Well, folks, I've got a small favor I'd like to ask of you. Father Zantus just told me that he noticed a burial vault door hanging ajar. It's the vault of Ezakien Tobyn-you know, the previous priest. Anyways, I don't expect much-in a worst-case scenario, maybe a goblin got trapped in the vault-but I'd like you to come along if it's not too much trouble."

Along the way Belor Hemlock thanks you again for your aid and asks additional questions about each of you, making small talk and trying to get to know you better. Father Zantus waits outside the cathedral but Hemlock asks him to wait in the Cathedral as you explore the Boneyard with him. The vault in question is a 20-foot-square stone structure that stands near the wall. Indeed, the stone door hangs ajar.

DC 13 Perception:
The ground around is churned up-many of the footprints are goblin prints, but some of them appear to have been left by a larger humanoid.

DC 13 Survival:
There were about six goblins and one Medium humanoid who appear to have climbed the wall before approaching and entering the vault.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi nods her head in agreement, but is reluctant to answer question. She is already overwhelmed with such attention from humans.

"I am no tracker, but I think this is Goblin *chh* track in the mud..." she gestures to the ground. "..and a human."

Dice:

Per Rissi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Per Brihz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Sur Rissi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sur Brihz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Take 10 on both Perception & Survival for 17 & 14 respectively.

Knowledge Local of Medium sized Goblinoids that hang with goblins: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Sealman inspects the ground in front of the wall. In one of his more serious tones, he relays his thoughts.

"There are 6 goblins, and something larger with them. Maybe a human. More likely a hobgoblin or bugbear. They work together."

Seal will take the lead and try to follow the tracks into the Boneyard.

How many days has it been since the Festival?

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Huh... I did not notice a thing.", the paladin oblivious to the unusual nature of the surroundings.

"Are you sure it is a human that also broke in, Rissi?"


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"No, I am not sure; I perhaps *chhh* misspoke. It was bigger then a goblin - Sealman may be correct to its precise nature"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 20

"Father Tobyn's grave has been looted? This is shocking, he was such a good and holy man!" interjects Lucian, too shocked to notice anything. After a while, he makes out some tracks in the mud nearby. "You're right Sealman. How strange, goblins usually work alone... unless it's a hobgoblin or bugbear indeed."

What does my character know of Father Tobyn by the way?


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

@Seal: two days since the Festival

@Lucian: you know that Ezakien Tobyn perished in the fire that claimed the church

The party follows the tracks, noting that they head through the broken door of the crypt. The door nearly falls off as the party pushes it aside to enter inside. As you do so, however, two skeletons rise to attack!

It's not quite as evil-looking as the map suggests; that's just what I had available.

gm rolls:

skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Kufieno: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Sealman: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Miana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Rissi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Lucian: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Initiative:

1. Skeletons
2. Miana, Rissi, Lucian, Kufieno, and Sealman

The skeletons move up and claw at Lucian and Miana!

claw on Lucian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

claw on Miana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Initiative:

1. Skeletons
2. Miana, Rissi, Lucian, Kufieno, and Sealman


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

"Miana, if you step forward, I may be of assistance." Kufieno says, gripping his quarterstaff.


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"'cuse me, pardon me. 'cuse me, pardon me."

Seal swings down the hammer end of his bec de corbin upon the skeleton just in front of Lucian.

Seal vs SK 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi ineffectualy lobs a splash of acid over the heads of her new associates and at a skeleton.

Dice:
1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 8 = -3

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

"Lucian!", Miana shouts as the skeleton rakes him. She pulls out an Tien guarding stick called a tonfa and whips it out at the skeleton that just attacked her before backing up to aid Lucian.

Tonfa @ S2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage on hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

However, her aim is just as good as the skeleton's!


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian, shaken by the sudden appearance of the two skeletons, is unable to react before the undead draws blood first. The Varisian boy cannot contain his pain and cries out his suffering. Unable to defend himself, he opts for a careful retreat.
Withdraw action, going through Sealman's square, then Rissi's, then northward.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno moves up and swings his staff at a skeleton!

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Seal brings down one of the skeletons!

Rissi drops an orb of acid on the ground.

Miana waves around her exotic weapon to little effect.

Lucian moves away from the action. I'm not sure if you can withdraw through allies or not but we'll go with it for now.

Initiative:

1. Skeletons
2. Miana, Rissi, Lucian, Kufieno, and Sealman

Kufieno is up!


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

I don't remember allowing ninjas in my game. . . .

Kufieno swings his staff but it bounces off of its meager armor!

---

The skeleton claws back at the sorcerer!

claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Initiative:

1. Skeletons
2. Miana, Rissi, Lucian, Kufieno, and Sealman

You guys are up!


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Seal moves around Kufieno, feeling a bit embarsed by having the sorcerer between himself and the skeleton. The dwarf quickly tries to make it a moot point.

Seal's bec vs SK2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Seeing Kufieno's blood spill from the skeleton's attack, the paladin lets out a curse. "By Dageborah's beard!", stepping in and swinging her tonfa at the skeleton.

Tonfa @ S2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage on hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

However, she focuses more on her allies' wounds than hitting this larger than goblin-sized foes.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

"It ok, just a scratch...." Kufieno says in way of apology, as he is struck by the skelton. He swings again, before stepping back out of the way.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

I'm now waiting for Rissi to come in and finish thing off to embarrass us melee-ers :P


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi lobs another splash of acid, but her hands are clearly more accustomed to holding pens and books then tossing objects and the living dead.

dice:

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9 touch


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Now at a safe distance, Lucian invokes another aspect of Sandpoint's pantheon to aid his companions dispatch these foul undead creatures. "Mighty Sarenrae, send us a ray of hope in this dark time, help us banish these skeletons! "
Casting bless.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

A series of whiffs by the party is followed up by a blessing from Lucian!

The skeleton attacks Miana!

claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Initiative:

1. Skeletons
2. Miana, Rissi, Lucian, Kufieno, and Sealman

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi backs up after tossing another splash of acid - her aim is poor again.

dice:

1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 11
whoops, keep on forgetting my size modifier to hit...


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Crazed by the gaping wound in his flesh, Lucian musters his will to ask his gods for healing. "Sarenrae, please mend my flesh!"

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Narrowly dodging the blow, the paladin takes a deep breath, releasing her stress before stepping to the side and bringing the tonfa against her forearm. Miana then steps low and rises, swinging her arm in an uppercut fashion, tonfa outward.

Tonfa @ S2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage on hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage on crit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Rissi lobs another orb or acid that splashes against the wall. Lucian heals himself and then Miana obliterates the skeleton.

Out of combat!

A search of the vault's interior turns up two things of interest. The first is a discarded robe. The second and more disturbing is the fact that the sarcophagus that contained Ezakien's body has been opened and his remains stolen.

After the skeletons have been dealt with, the Sheriff enters and looks about. He muses, "I can't fathom why anyone would want to steal his bones. Perhaps the goblin raid was all a distraction. I'd recommend you folks keep this to yourselves and Father Zantus and myself. The townsfolk have had enough distress this week, after all."


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian first seem shaken by the horrible discovery. His gaze is in the vague, lost in his thoughts, then shares them with his companions.

"Who could have done the unthinkable? The goblins are far too stupid to do something like that. There must be something more to it."

Casting detect magic and searching the area for clues, magical or not.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi will also attempt to divine any extant magical auras.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

The robe has a lingering necromantic aura.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi chitters a rapid fire barrage of questions at Sheriff Hemlock and the others; she is a bit hard to follow as her mind considers possibilities.

"Are we sure there is no other *chhh* way out of here? Why would someone take this *squeek* particular body? There are dead aplenty in the world. Was this man Ezakien Tobyn special for some reason *chh* beyond his religious station? I do not mean to question the rest of the dead, but perhaps we could talk to someone who knew him well? Are any of you skilled enough *chhh* trackers to see if the goblins and humanoid left the room after retrieving the body?"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

"All I know is that Father Tobyn, the former priest, perished in the fire that claimed Sandpoint's first cathedral. I'm not sure who would have known him well. Maybe the Mayor Deverin?"

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

The sulijann woman closes her eyes and concentrates at the area ahead, confirming first that no other undead or other evil resides in the tomb.

Detect Evil; paladin version!

"This is bizarre, especially if this is related to the goblin attack earlier.", ponders Miana. "Regardless, nothing good will come from this crime."

Upon hearing Lucian's statement, Miana nods her head in agreement. "She would be a potential source of information; would Father Zantus have anything more to say about the incident as well?"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

"Possibly, though it happened before he came to Sandpoint."


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

A look of fear and overwhelming comes over Seal at the number of questions being fired back and forth

"But, but ... where did the skeletons comes from? Nobody thinks that is weird? I think its weird. Don't you think its weird? Definitely weird. I can tell you this. I'm a tracker and there are no goblins in here."


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

The cowled head turns towards Sealman.

"Oh, if I had to take a guess *chhh* that is a robe of bones, and the skeletons were pulled from some of its *squeak* patches. I'll need to identify it to be *chhh* sure, but I don't have the right dweomer's memorized. Of course, it could have *chhhchhh* been some sort of divine undertaking, but I wouldn't *squeek* know about such matters."


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno examines the robe that was found, as he favors his leg and arm.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Do you think we could go see Father Zantus, to get patched up?"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

The Sheriff responds, "Well, everyone knew Father Tobyn quite well. He was a very nice man. He took in and raised a young girl, Nualia. She was the beauty of the town, had all the boys chasing after her. Everyone said she had been blessed by Desna. It sure was a sad event when the two of them burned up in the fire."

"I'm sure Father Zantus will see to your wounds."

Sure enough, back at the new cathedral Father Zantus will channel a few times until everyone is healed. He seems worried by the news you have given him but agrees to keep it quiet and to fix the tomb as soon as possible.


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Seal will look to see if there are any tracks of goblinoids leaving the boneyard.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

After informing Father Zantus, Seal says to the party, "Weren't we supposed to see a guy about rewarding us for smashing goblins?"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Hearing the young beauty's name, Lucian's heart cannot help but skip a beat. He looks even more upset than before, as if deeply saddened by the mere evocation of that name.

"Nualia, I do remember her. She was a few years older than me, so we didn't really belong together. Father Tobyn was so fond of her..."

Then Lucian snaps out of his mounrful reverie and nods at Sealman. "You're right, friend, the past is the past. Lingering on it won't bring anything good. Let's pay a visit to this Aldern Foxglove today if we can."

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

"Two lives lost in that tragedy.", the paladin solemnly shaking her head. "Only makes this event more mysterious and blasphemous."

Upon hearing the suggestion to see Mr. Foxglove, Miana flinches slightly, still a bit unwary of the older man's advances. "Hmmm perhaps, I guess. At the very least, it could clear our heads as we contemplate the nature of what happened here."

151 to 200 of 4,673 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.