GM Endless Forms' PFS 07-13 Captive in Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

A 5-9 PFS scenario played at the 5-6 subtier.

Briefing | More information | Tactical Map


151 to 185 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Tiefling (Grimspawn) Investigator 7 Swashbuckler 1 | HP:53/53 | AC:24 [28] (16 [18] Tch, 20 [22] Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 [23] | F: +6, R: +14[+16], W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17 (+20 vs Traps) +d8, SM: +13 +d8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 5/9 | Panache 5/7 | Mutagen 0/1 Re-roll (+2) 0/1 | Active conditions:Mutagen, Heightened Awareness, Comprehend Languages, Heroism, +2 Intelligence

Well, ow! 6/41 HP remaining

Stumbling back behind Xue and Red Trunk, Nel gets another extraction out with his tail and pours it into his mouth, causing some of his wounds to close. Hearing Harmonious' plea he rolls his eyes Bloody Sarenrites/.

"Hmm, my thanks for caring more of the foes well-being than your own Society member, great Co-operation there. I will remind you, these struck without provocation"

CLW Extract: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Savage and Razor destroy one of the pechs as Harmonius tries desperately to salvage the situation. Jaysin puts a pair of arrows in the leader as Xue puts the flat of his blade to the leader's back. The pech is not stunned by the attack but Rowanna's soothing words bput it right to sleep!

Out of combat!

There are hundreds of crystalline plates here. Many of them have information in Terran on them, though it would take about an hour just to sort through them and assess what is here. However, about a minute after the hostilities settle down, a hum begins to grow louder and hairline fractures bein appearing int he walls.

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

Foot actually, not blade. Monk power!

"I do not like thissss ssssound...".

The nagaji grabs the nearest two pechs and places them upon the elephant, and quickly retreats from the room.

"Sssave ssssome of the knowledge!"

The Exchange

HP: 50/52|AC:20 T:15 FF:15,| CMD: 17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +16, Will: +9 | Perc: +7, Init: +8, Speed 35ft| 5 of 5/day Panache,15/19 Performance NG Aasimar Bard/Swashbuckler/Ranger, +1 Keen Mithril Scimitar +11, 1d6 + 6, 15-20, x2.
Spells per day:
1: 5/5, 2: 2/3

Harmonious will cast another casting of Infernal healing and try and drag one of the Pech's out of the room, "Now the building is collapsing! What else could go wrong?" He'll try and shake the one he is holding awake, "We gotta try and wake one, maybe they can fix this!"

Looking across the room, saddened at what may very will be a treasure trove of knowledge lost and finally spying the doorway, "We have to decide quick, press forward or fall back?"

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

"If we go back in, we musssst be quick about it!" Without hesitation, the Nagaji will race back across the room and see if the door can be opened.

Actually, maybe we can stop it? Anyone have any useful knowledges/magic to throw at this? Not Xue's bailiwick, sadly.

The Exchange

HP: 50/52|AC:20 T:15 FF:15,| CMD: 17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +16, Will: +9 | Perc: +7, Init: +8, Speed 35ft| 5 of 5/day Panache,15/19 Performance NG Aasimar Bard/Swashbuckler/Ranger, +1 Keen Mithril Scimitar +11, 1d6 + 6, 15-20, x2.
Spells per day:
1: 5/5, 2: 2/3

I don't have Kn: Engineering unfortunately and don't have Bardic Knowledge either so I can't make it untrained :(

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11
Harmonius wrote:
I don't have Kn: Engineering unfortunately and don't have Bardic Knowledge either so I can't make it untrained :(

Spellcraft? Might be a magic effect we can do something about.

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Although showing signs she's ready to flee at a moment's notice, Rowanna takes a moment to cast Detect Magic in an attempt to find some clue to what's happening in the room.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling (Grimspawn) Investigator 7 Swashbuckler 1 | HP:53/53 | AC:24 [28] (16 [18] Tch, 20 [22] Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 [23] | F: +6, R: +14[+16], W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17 (+20 vs Traps) +d8, SM: +13 +d8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 5/9 | Panache 5/7 | Mutagen 0/1 Re-roll (+2) 0/1 | Active conditions:Mutagen, Heightened Awareness, Comprehend Languages, Heroism, +2 Intelligence

k. Engineering?: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 14 + (6) = 39

Nel examines the cracks forming thw ceiling with the detachment of a surveyor before coming back to realisation that something is wrong. Pulling out his wayfinder, Nel also makes a sweep of the room with detect magic.

"Our task is to press on and find the Shaitan's treasure so we can achieve our primary objective in securing Sorina's aid. Retreat is a poor option"

spellcraft if needed: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 11 + (4) = 28


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Nel thinks that while the cracks are troubling the tower isn't in immediate danger of collapse; it would likely take a couple day to completely fall down. However, the longer damage is sustained, the harder it will be to repair. The pechs must have been doing something to keep the tower in tact but you aren't sure what the ritual was or how to perform it without them (and at least one of them is dead, even if the leader is only unconscious).

Several of the party decide to press on in the hops that behind the next door will lie the answer to the vibrations. A two-foot-high triangular dais occupies the center of the next octagonal chamber, and shallow grooves ripple outward from the platform. Stacks of red-hued crystalline plates are scattered throughout the room. A thrumming buzz causes minute distortions in the air, and the ruby walls seem to flex and bend slightly from invisible forces.

However, by opening the doors, you have drastically change the room’s acoustics, and the destructive sound waves become even more powerful. The cause of these destructive sound waves seems to be from something invisible floating in the air, although it is not completely unobstructed in its flight: the tower seems to be fighting back with spindly crystalline leg-like structures extending from the floor that are snapping at the wisps with little effect.

gm rolls:

wisp: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Harmonius: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Rowanna: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Nel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Jaysin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Savage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Xue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Initiative:

1. Rowanna
2. Invisible thing
3. Jaysin, Savage, Nel, Xue, and Harmonius

Rowanna is up!

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Rowanna casts See Invisibility, pointing out the location of any invisible creatures to the others, and moves into the room 30 ft. if necessary to see, southeast of the door.

Not moving into room unless she doesn't see anything in the back.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Rowanna can see that this is a wisp-like creature flying through the air and producing the resonant hums that are tearing down this tower. The wisp quickly flies to the front of the room and (unbeknownst to him) tries to send a burst through Xue!

touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
sonic damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Currently visible.

Initiative:

1. Rowanna
2. Invisible thing
3. Jaysin, Savage, Nel, Xue, and Harmonius

You guys are up!


The elephant rears up and roars at the painful sound. At urging from Xue, it tramples straight through.

2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 = 20 AoO at -4 or relfex for half, DC 20. Pick one

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

Xue shouts in pain. He drops into snake style, lashes out with his katana, anc challenges the creature. "Evil creature! We will banish you from this place!"

+2 adamantine katana: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 2 = 20
1d8 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 3 = 20
+2 adamantine katana: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
1d8 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 = 22
bite: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 = 12
1d4 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 = 11

Everybody on team awesome (that's us) get's a +1 circumstance bonus on melee attacks vs. mister floaty

All of my actions are predicated on the belief that it is more or less approximately at the same level as me, or the 15' x 15' cube the elephant and I threaten. I will adjust as needed

The Exchange

HP: 50/52|AC:20 T:15 FF:15,| CMD: 17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +16, Will: +9 | Perc: +7, Init: +8, Speed 35ft| 5 of 5/day Panache,15/19 Performance NG Aasimar Bard/Swashbuckler/Ranger, +1 Keen Mithril Scimitar +11, 1d6 + 6, 15-20, x2.
Spells per day:
1: 5/5, 2: 2/3

Harmonious will rush forward and take a wild stab at the creature.

Attack + Team Awesome: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 21
Damage(Magical Silver): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"See now this is clearly an adversary, he's trying to wreck the place!"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Archer) [8.1] | HP 60/60 | AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +10 CMD 27 | F+8 R+10 W+4 | Perc +3 | Init +8 | Acro/Climb/Swim/Escape +11 | SM +5 | Survival +4 | Ling +8 **Arrows : Durable Adamantine unless otherwise stated**

I hope that beast doesn't trample us all to death! Control that thing and don't get in the way! Jaysin then tries to fire arrows into the enemy!

Bow: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 for Arrow: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 and Many: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Bow: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 for Arrow: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 for Arrow: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Blind Knowledge roll to Identify: 1d20 ⇒ 16

While Rowanna tries to figure out what sort of creature is responsible for the chaos, she attempts to place a Misfortune hex upon it.

Misfortune Hex on the enemy, DC 18 Will save to negate.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling (Grimspawn) Investigator 7 Swashbuckler 1 | HP:53/53 | AC:24 [28] (16 [18] Tch, 20 [22] Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 [23] | F: +6, R: +14[+16], W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17 (+20 vs Traps) +d8, SM: +13 +d8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 5/9 | Panache 5/7 | Mutagen 0/1 Re-roll (+2) 0/1 | Active conditions:Mutagen, Heightened Awareness, Comprehend Languages, Heroism, +2 Intelligence

Nel cocks his head in curiousity as he looks at the creature and makes his way into the room, using the creatures momentary distraction by the large elephant. He takes a moment to study the creature and then strikes out with his rapier.

knowledge: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 14 + (2) = 28

move into flanking (token not moved), study and attack

magic, silver, team awesome, study, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 23 for damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Ref: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 1

The wisp nearly flits away from the elephant as it charges into the room but it is still spun wildly through the air; so wildly, in fact, that Xue misses it with his blade. In fact, everyone who tries to hit it finds that it is very tricky to land a blow on the creature and one of Jaysin's arrows is the only thing to stick.

---

Rowanna and Nel know that wisps are naturally invisible, which can not be countered by invisibility purge (if I am remembering that correctly-though see invisibility still works). Normally their touches shock but this one seems to have control of sonic powers as well. They also feed on fear and dying creatures. They are generally immune to magics except magic missile and maze.

---

The wisp tries to touch Xue with a sonic pulse again:

touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
sonic damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

And then turns invisible! Kept the token on there because Rowanna can see it and point you to where it is.

Initiative:

1. Rowanna
2. Invisible thing (22 dmg, misfortuned)
3. Jaysin, Savage, Nel, Xue, and Harmonius

You guys are up!

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

Xue pauses, hoping that someone wiser then he can do something about the annoying creature's elusiveness.

Delay.

The Exchange

HP: 50/52|AC:20 T:15 FF:15,| CMD: 17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +16, Will: +9 | Perc: +7, Init: +8, Speed 35ft| 5 of 5/day Panache,15/19 Performance NG Aasimar Bard/Swashbuckler/Ranger, +1 Keen Mithril Scimitar +11, 1d6 + 6, 15-20, x2.
Spells per day:
1: 5/5, 2: 2/3

Harmonious will toss his gleaming, immaculate golden hair, flash his eyes and snap his fingers harnessing the Azata blood within him to cast a spell, sending a cascading amount of glitter and confetti showering down upon the invisible creature, outlining it in a glitter-like glow..

"Talk about a party cannon!"

Harmonious casts Glitterdust DC 17 Will save vs Blindness as a standard action, using Rowanna's callouts to target the creature. It doesn't negate the concealment penalty but hopefully makes it a bit easier to see and maybe blinds it.

Edit*Crap, I just re-read that these things are immune to magic! Gaaahh

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

If the will-o-wisp failed the Will save against misfortune, it should have rolled twice to attack.

Rowanna moves into the room, cackles to continue her Misfortune hex, and gives the approximate location of the wisp to the others.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

No SR on glitterdust. Also, most people play it negating invisibility

Seeing the creature revealed, Xue stirs the oliphaunt forward again, and it continues barrelling through the sonic perversion.
2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 4) + 10 = 19 AoO at -4 or relfex for half, DC 20. Pick one

Xue tries his best to strike the nimble creature.

+2 adamantine katana: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 = 27
1d8 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 = 12
+2 adamantine katana: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
1d8 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 15
bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Archer) [8.1] | HP 60/60 | AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +10 CMD 27 | F+8 R+10 W+4 | Perc +3 | Init +8 | Acro/Climb/Swim/Escape +11 | SM +5 | Survival +4 | Ling +8 **Arrows : Durable Adamantine unless otherwise stated**

Jaysin attempts to slay the creature with arrows!

Bow: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 for Arrow: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 and 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Bow: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 for Arrow: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 for Arrow: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

@Harmonius: being immune to magic means you are immune to magic that allows for spell resistance. Glitterdust does not allow SR so it still works.

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 19

@Rowanna: good catch, I completely forgot about that in my post above.
misfortune attack roll from above: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Looks like it's going to hit no matter what though.

----

Harmonius spreads glitter over the area which, though it doesn't blind the wisp, does at least outline the creature so that everyone can see it. With the wisp now visible, Xue brings his katana down hard on the air creature, sending it plummeting to the floor where is slowly dissipates and the hum it was emanating begins to fade, leaving the tower in peaceful silence....

Out of combat!

It seems that this chamber not only serves as a repository for important texts, but is also where there are stored several magically enhanced crystals growing in the earth-infused cavern. This includes a pale blue rhomboid ioun stone and two coin-sized quartz discs that unction as eyes of the eagle.

A few moments later, Sorrina Westyr comes walking warily into the tower. "Whatever you did seems to have disabled the wards, at least for a time." She immediately begins searching through the plates until she finds the information she needs to track Sairazul's Tears and fulfill her obligation to Reyshak ik Jalman. "It seems the diamonds departed the Plane of Earth approximately a century ago. The tunnels the thieves traveled once echoed with the name Bralsashik. This tablet indicates the Tears are now somewhere in the City of Brass. Well, it's a start."

Reyshal rejoins you outside the Archive and pounds a fist into his hand when he hears the information, uttering a curse upon all efreeti before explaining, "The Bralkashik are efreeti who squabble for the Grand Sultan's favor like starving dogs over a discarded bone." He bows low to Sorrina. "However, this record might convince the court of Sultana Ashadieeyah bint Khalid that myself and my family deserve a chance to prove our innocence and redeem our name. I promise always to offer you hospitality should you ever travel to the Opaline Vault again." He then declares SOrrina's debt to him repaid and offers to transport you to Absalom as soon as you are ready.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Sorrina Westyr observes that the wards defending the Lucent Archive should return to full power in a matter of days and continue to protect its lore future generations. Nonetheless, she packs several the crystalline disks to take back to the Grand Lodge, claiming that they might help her piece together unanswered mysteries.

Traveling back is relatively safe and simple. Several agents are watching for your return and alert Kreighton Shaine, who hurried out to greet you. He initially doesn't recognize the transformed Sorrina Westyr, who jokingly reprimands him for becoming unobservant with age. Kreighton marvels at the change but then wastes no time catching her up to speed on the past decade's events, asking her about her travels, and introducing her to nearly anyone you come across. The two are to meet with several high-ranking Pathfinders and plans are already set for the next day when Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin will announce the appointment of Sorrina Westyr as interim Master of Spells, pending the safe return of Aram Zey.

Sorrina meets with you several days later to thank you again for traveling into the unknown to rescue her team. Placing the salvaged crystalline plates on a nearby table, she explains that many of the Lucent Archive's library prisms had a storage layer near their surface that recorded a great tragedy on the Plane of Earth-or something associated with it-much like a volcanic eruption might coat the entire planet in a thin layer of ash. In studying the stored information, she learned that a great treasure that gave one power over the air itself disappeared during that catastrophe. There the records cease, suggesting that the relic is far beyond the reach of stone and soil, sailing through the sky. Sorrina suggests the trail may have gone cold for now, but she encourages you to keep a watch on the sky.

And that concludes the scenario! Thank you all for playing and I hope you enjoyed it! I will have chronicles out later, probably tomorrow. Thanks again!

The Exchange

HP: 50/52|AC:20 T:15 FF:15,| CMD: 17 | Fort: +7, Refl: +16, Will: +9 | Perc: +7, Init: +8, Speed 35ft| 5 of 5/day Panache,15/19 Performance NG Aasimar Bard/Swashbuckler/Ranger, +1 Keen Mithril Scimitar +11, 1d6 + 6, 15-20, x2.
Spells per day:
1: 5/5, 2: 2/3

Was there anyway to diplomatically handle the Pech encounter? I am still not sure what happened with that fight,

Harmonious clasps his new friends on the back, beaming at such a successful mission. "Mission well done team!"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge
Harmonius wrote:
Was there anyway to diplomatically handle the Pech encounter? I am still not sure what happened with that fight,

Not really. They are already paranoid because the wisp snuck past them and they know it but can't catch it and are fanatically devoted to the idea that someone or something is trying to sabotage them.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Archer) [8.1] | HP 60/60 | AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +10 CMD 27 | F+8 R+10 W+4 | Perc +3 | Init +8 | Acro/Climb/Swim/Escape +11 | SM +5 | Survival +4 | Ling +8 **Arrows : Durable Adamantine unless otherwise stated**

Well done indeed... we're still alive.

Grand Lodge

Familiar::
AC21, FF19, T15 HP26/26 Bite+6 1d3-4(attach) F: +2, R: +4, W: +3
53/53 HP, AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +10, Init +4, Pereption +10, CN Male Aasmar Druid 7, Spear/Club: +8, 1d8+4/1d6+4, x2)
Companion::
AC26 ,FF21, T15 DR 5 Evil HP53/53 Talonsx2+8 1d8+4/8, Bite+8 1d6+4/8, Claw +8 1d4+4/8 F: +9, R: +8, W: +3

good scenario

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling (Grimspawn) Investigator 7 Swashbuckler 1 | HP:53/53 | AC:24 [28] (16 [18] Tch, 20 [22] Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 21 [23] | F: +6, R: +14[+16], W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17 (+20 vs Traps) +d8, SM: +13 +d8 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 5/9 | Panache 5/7 | Mutagen 0/1 Re-roll (+2) 0/1 | Active conditions:Mutagen, Heightened Awareness, Comprehend Languages, Heroism, +2 Intelligence

Sat around the table at the behest of the new master of spells, Nel nods his head to his fellow companions and raises his steaming mug.

"Yes, a fine endeavour. A pleasure Mistress Sorrina"

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

"It was a pleasssssure to sssserve you." The nagaji bows low - and at a sign, his elephant bows as well. He also turns to the shaitan. "I wissssh you well in your quesssst to regain your honor."

Xue gingerly asks Sorrina one final question. "What manner of might magic are thessse Ssssairazul's Tearssss?"

That was flurry of backstory there at the end which I kind comprehend. Just to recap, he's trying to get back in the Sultana Ashadieeyah - the leader of the earth genies, having been accused of stealing/losing the "Sairazul's Tears" - some sort of diamonds of worth (possibly magical?)


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

@Xue: yes, that's the gist of it. I'm not sure why he doesn't explain more earlier but I guess his family was exiled and blamed for losing the Tears.

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

"That went better than expected." Rowanna casually observes before making her exit.

Thanks to everyone for the enjoyable scenario, and special thanks to EF for running. I'm not sure how Steel Meditations works, but I'll cruise through the forums to find out.

Silver Crusade

Red Trunk the Mastodon:
HP 57/57|AC 28 T 11 FF 25|CMD 25 (+4 vs trip)|F +9, R +7, W +3; evasion,devotion|Init +2|Perception +6, low-light, scent
Xue:
HP 86/86|AC 30 T 12 FF 27; Snake Style +11|CMD 25 |F +15, R +8, W +8 +2 vs. mind affecting, poison, +2 sleep, paralysis, and stun w/dragon-style, +2 vs fear|Init +2| Perc +7, low-light | Sens Mot +11

It's a spellbook with a preparation ritual, a la Ultimate Magic. If you prepare spells as per the requirements then you get the boon. You also learn the spells from the book. I don't think it is useful for anyone but a wizard or arcanist - or a magus, though I don't think those are magi spells.

Edit: actually, a fair number are on the magi spell-list. It would actually be pretty great for a magus.

151 to 185 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' PFS 07-13 Captive in Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.