1. GM Edwin's Zeitgeist Campaign

Game Master Insnare

When the people and King of Risur have internal or external enemies but won't or can't call in the military... They Call in the RHC(Royal Homeland Constabulary)

Act 1: The Investigation Begins!
Chapter 1: The Island at the Axis of the World
Chapter 2: The Dying Skyseer
Chapter 3: Digging for Lies
Chapter 4: Always on Time
Chapter 5: Cauldron Born
RHC HQ
FLINT CITY
Zeigeist World Map
Avery Coast Train
Lantern

Act 2: The Grand Design

Chapter 6: Revelations From the Mouth of a Mad Man


7,851 to 7,900 of 9,687 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

The ship lifts its anchor and because you had warned Captain Smith there may be trouble throughout the day, the ship leaves port quickly. With the destination being Flint. Captain Smith tells you that with mostly favorable winds, the voyage back home should take about 8 days.

Mr. Mapple/von Recklingshausen and the high elf girl Isobel Travers are below decks.

GM Rolls

Spoiler:
1d100 ⇒ 67

Over the course of the next 8 days, do you want to speak with the Captain or either Isobell or Von Recklingshausen? Or would you prefer I skip it forward to the debrief?


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi lets everyone know earlier that there are no invisible folks watching them.

He spends the time on ship relaxing, studying his spells, considering new approaches, and getting to know the party and crew. He does his best to ask intelligent questions about what's going on, and generally tries to be helpful - and useful.

So I'm still at a loss as to what's going on - very deep campaign! :) Is there a good point in the game I should start reading from, or can someone give me a synopsis? I figure Femi would question the party and get a feel for the problem and the plan now that there's time.


Falko

Spoiler:
She says to you in your mind, "Mr. Falko, you and your friends seem to be working on the side of good and thwarting the Obscurati is a great thing and well seeing those antiques on the Island of Odiem was definitely a treat. I really like you."

Your boon has also increased.

Satisfied (12–15)

“Yes, there’s a voice in my head, but she’s very helpful.”

Xambria gets along well with her host, and has become accustomed to the new body. She discovers that even while she is not in primary control, Xambria can aid in a fight. Power (1/day): As a free action, Xambria manifests for a moment within 50 ft. She can take a move action to manipulate an object or do something similar.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva will take the time on the ship to speak to anyone who wishes to speak to her. I don't know who these people are, but if they are involved it cannot hurt to speak with them.

Do I get to keep the intelligent sword from the prison?

If She gets to keep the sword:
She pulls out the sword to polish it, and have a chat if the item is willing. "Are you enjoying being away from the prison? Is there anything you need?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The sword says, "Indeed I do.... I want to go to work. It was so boring in there. Too much time to do nothing. It made me extremely sad. You look like a lady who can keep me active and exercising. Please do, please do.... "


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Andrei and Isobell comes over to your group and says, "So you are with the RHC, huh? Wow, you did not have to help us. We think we will settle somewhere in Risur, although Ber may also be nice."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Feel free to add some RP on the trip back to Flint, just throw an @ whoever and it works.

On the evening of the 24 of Winter AOC 500, the RSS Roscommon lands on the piers of Bosum Strand. Before you disembark, Captain Smith hands you a magically sealed letter and he says, "We had received a sending in Sid Minos and Delft wanted to speak to you but you did not come and then then this letter was waiting for you inside a letter sent to me Poste Retante in Vendricce."

The letter states, Meet me at the Maimed Kraken in North Shore 2100, SD


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"Yes I'm with the RHC. It's a pleasure to meet you. It has been many years since I've been in Risur. Can you tell me what's been going on recently?" Iva asks anyone who will talk to her on the trip.

"Yes I can keep you busy." Iva responds to the sword. "It seems that I'm not going to be going over contracts and such in this position with the RHC.


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi will chat with Iva, Andrei and Isobell. "I travelled through Risur - beautiful country, and some fine people. I don't know Ber though."

Later, he reads the letter with the others, "So is that our first stop then?" he smiles, but prepares himself before the meeting with a Mage Armor.


Andrei says, "I have been stowing away on the Avery Coast Train for months, it will be nice to see some other places."

You notice Falko take on a kind of feminine demeanor and he says, "Femi, SD, refers to the CI Stover Delft. He wants to most likely debrief us."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You jump on a carriage at the docks going to the North Shore. You get out in front of the Maimed Kraken and go inside. At the front desk is an old grizzled man whose picture you recognize from the inside of the RHC HQ. Former ACI Anatoly Fontane, who retired just after the 4th Yerasol War.

He looks at you and says, "Room 7."


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi smiles at the man, "Room 7. Got it. Thanks." He wonders why a retired man is back at his post, but lets it go as none of his business. At least for now.

He looks to see if there's a sign or other indicator as to where that is, and heads to room 7.


You knock on the door and you hear a "Come in"

You see Delft going over some paperwork, while sitting at a desk with a thick wad of chaw in his mouth with a brass spittoon on the floor as per usual. On the floor you also see a lantern case.

He then turns toward you and says, "First, I would like to welcome you back to Flint. For some of you, it has been a very long time." looking at Iva, Femi and Isaac.

He says, "I am sorry about shuffling personnel around so much but it could not be helped. I like using this hotel for secret meetings outside of the office because my predecessor Anatoly used his inheritance to buy a hotel to be his safehouse and a secondary source of income and since his retirement he runs the place and helps us from time to time."

While you respond to him he opens the case revealing the lantern from the train that you had sent to FLint.


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"Ahhhh, got it." the retired hotel owner made sense in a few different ways.

Knowing little of what they investigated, he lets someone else give a synopsis, filling in only when he was in fact present, and only when his perspective is helpful (thought he does like to hear his own voice, and might talk once more than was strictly useful).

He notes it's the same sort of lantern the other guy had and looks to his companions impressed. These folks managed to grab one. Nice. Maybe I'll get to play with it at some point.


Delft spits a wad Nicodemus leaf juice into the spittoon and says, "Ok, let's get started. Who was Caius Bergeron meeting in Vendricce? while jotting down the info onto a notepad.


He continues, "Please chime in where you see fit, here are my questions: Who from that meeting was also on the train?
What allies and accomplices did they have?
What possible alliances and connections does this suggest for the Obscurati conspiracy?
When did each of those people of interest board the train?
What did they do each night when the train was stopped?
Provide an answer for each person of interest and each stop—Cherage, Orithea, Trekhom, Nalaam, Sid Minos, Vendricce.
Did you notice any patterns, codes, or other identifying traits?
What do we know of the conspiracy’s goals? How will they accomplish these goals? Do you have any clues who in Risur might be allied with them? What about allies in other countries?
Whom do we tell, and where do we go from here?

Basically, feel free to jump in where you can, start in Vendricce and move backwards.


Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

"It's good to be back, sir. This was a tough mission. We managed to identify several members of the Obscurati as they got on the train..." and he proceeds to name the key figures they associated with the Obscurati: Luc, Bree.

"There was a Dwarf too: Verzubak, a key figure of the Vekeshi, though his involvement remains unclear."

"We think Bergeron was going to meet with Bree on the train. She would have lead him to the meeting, where Nicodemus waits for them. It seems he then takes them to the Bleak Gate to meet with higher ranking Obscurati. This time, they used Luc's lamp to create a pocket where the Gate overlapped our world. Bad stuff. I think Cretien or Isaac are better equipped to describe how it works."

"Now, the Obscurati are more than one cell. We heard of three: Lantern, which we followed, Golden, which probably refers to the ones we fought about the Ancients and the portals, probably the one Bergeron belonged to, and Colossus... Not sure what this one could be."

"One more thing, and you're not going to like it. Luc's sister was there. Lya. Obscurati through and through. Tier four even. Max is six..."


Delft says, "Luc whom? Do you mean Jierre? The nephew and niece of the sovereign of Danor? When did Luc and Bree get on the train? Bergeron, we can get his things out of evidence, if you would like?

He then looks at Chretien and says, "What do you recollect?"

And then to Isaac "What do you remember? You joined the team in Beaumont. You were with them the whole ride."


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 44/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien faithfully recounts what he knows. it is i who knows very little, it is hard to keep up with such things over so prolonged a time as a pbp

"I think the end goal of the Obscurati, at least 'end' in that it is as far forward as I can reliably anticipate, is to put the magical lantern on the scale of a lighthouse to manifest a large coterminous area between our world and the Bleak Gate. It is worrisome, fanciful, and I do believe they will be capable of doing it."


Delft scratches his beard and says, "Iva, Femi or Isaac anything else to add? What do you think our plan of action should be? We should definitely contact the king? It can be helpful for the summit in two months."


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"The opposition certainly seems well organized, and cellular, so it's going to be tough to pierce. We'll need to slide in sideways - catch them by surprise - to pull anything off it seems."

"Contact the king? Well, uh, I dunno about that." Femi looks nervous talking to so illustrious a person when he feels he barely has a grasp on what's going on. "I suppose so. If you think it's important." he tries to deflect the question.

"What is the summit in two months? I think I missed that. Who are the principles and what is hoped to be accomplished at the summit?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Delft chuckles and says, "You have been undercover for awhile. The principles of the summit will be our side, King Aodhan, Principal Minister Lee, City Governor of Flint Roland Stanfield and a few other. But, what we do have on the Danoran side is Lya Jierre, who you saw in Vendricce and a member of the Ob, her uncle Han Jierre the Sovereign of Danor. There will also be a representatives from Ber, Brakkenof Heffanita and one from Drakr. This summit is designed to finally bring a lasting peace to our countries which have fought four wars up until now. The King was to have married Lya Jierre in the summertime, but that may be nixed now."


Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

Falko goes through his notes and reports on who stepped on or off the train and where, emphasizing Luc Jierre and Bree's movement.

"Yeah, the wedding is a sticky problem..."


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"The lanterns are very important. They seem to be able to bring people and things to our dimension. If that were to happen, say at a major meeting, that would be bad. I only joined for part of the trip, but Luc seemed to honestly want to help things get better. We do know that any group that has levels and that much secrecy aren't in this to make a lasting peace. Far from it I'm sure."

She takes a breath. "Do you believe we have enough evidence to bring to the king? I'd rather go with a firm plan of action if possible. This lantern we have. Can we use it in some way or find some way to negate its effect for certain meetings and events?" She looks at Cretien and Issac for their thoughts on that idea.


Delft says, "The Ob has proven to be very resourceful and has infiltrated even our own organization. The former chief at large of the Flint branch of the RHC was or is a member of the conspiracy, Saxby... She had us all fooled. Do we have enough evidence to apprehend Lya Jierre, no, she is the Minister of Outsiders of Danor which would make it near impossible without starting a fifth war. However, it could have an impact on whether the King will still marry her or not and also how he deals with the Danorans at the summit. We would need to figure out how it works. That may take some time. "


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"Oh, that summit." Femi says sheepishly, looking embarrassed.

"Sounds like we should tell the King what we know so far for sure. I wouldn't want to marry that woman knowing what we know. Let's gather enough information to bring light into this dark place and show these people for what they are."

He shrugs his shoulders, "Though I'm not sure what our next move should be."


Delft says, "OK, I will travel to Slate to inform the King. He is expecting me anyways. I will give him all of that information you have told me. Well, Ms. Jierre is coming to us in two months time, so we should be ready for her and the Ob."

Feel free to make any requests. Isaac and Chretien spend some time to figure out how the lantern works. I put its stats in the Campaign section. Please ignore the description because there is a misprint. but the rest is correct. I figure you guys will probably want to make some items and the like. Feel free to add anything and then we will push it the two months forward to the next adventure.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 44/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

yes, my current idea is to make a lantern that is magically set to the normal plane we live on and when that projects, to have that negate other projections. if that makes sense.

"What is the location of the meeting? And the time? Care must be taken to avoid the use of oil-based light sources, prevent them from being brought in, and to be away from any large light sources like lanterns. Torches only, perhaps?"


Delft says, "It will be at the Hotel Aurum. On any date after the 12th of Spring. It depends wholly on how fast the delegation arrives in Flint. I will make those suggestions to the King and Prinicipal Minister Lee."

I will have to think about how you could do that and how long it would take to reverse engineer it in that way.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

If you wish to continue the RP, feel free to do so... But I think it is time to start Adventure 5. Please finish your leveling and your equipment requisition. Feel free to describe how your character spends then next two months including New Years's

CHapter 5: Cauldron Born

The 8th of Spring, 501 AOV. Flint

It’s been just over a week since the new year’s festival filled the skies over Flint with fireworks, metaphorically driving away the meager cold weather that passes for winter in Risur. Flowers are already blooming across the city, and despite the perpetual cycle of worker protests and police crack-downs, despite the gang violence, and despite the fringe eschatologists on street corners claiming that this is the last spring the world will ever know, the people of Flint are optimistic for the future. The city is abuzz with talk of the peace summit.

This morning the king arrived by ship from the capital city of Slate and took residence in Hotel Aurum, the newly-finished tallest building in the city. The party’s presence has been requested in the afternoon, once the king and his retinue have settled in.

You sit at your desks at RHC HQ, which is still being refurbished after the attack of Sijhen/Gidim in the Fall. Beems and girders, the walls are being dashed with paint and the office is abuzz with excitement that maybe, just maybe Danor and Risur can come to a lasting peace but some of the old timers, cannot forgive them for their transgressions. People are somewhat on edge in the office. Delft suggested that it was best to keep the loop of whom in the office knew about the Ob to a minimum. Specific trusted members of the RHC have been working on compiling information on the Ob for the summit and are extremely concerned about what they are up to. Shale, Slate and Bole offices have been compiling information. You expect the full compilation to be done and discussed at the meeting with the King this afternoon.

You sit at your desks reading the newspaper about the things going on and here are some of the more interesting things in the news:

Doctor. Tales from Ber tell of miraculous healing in the hinterlands. Long averse to the Clergy and their renowned curative magic, the upper class of Ber seem quite abuzz at rumors of a foreign doctor treating the sick using science and surgery, not sorcery. Though Flint has its own medical education programs that produce fine physicians, stories tell of this mystery man repairing severed spines, reattaching lost limbs, and restoring sight to the blind, feats currently beyond the scope of secular medicine.

Hue. Clothiers across Lanjyr are concerned that the upcoming peace summit might endanger the production of a popular dye, Tardisian Blue, which changes color in the presence of magic. The flower that yields the dye is native to a single island in the Yerasol Archipelago, and that island allegedly lies in a “buffer zone” that has been proposed, where neither side could have settlers. Druids in Risur cheer the announcement, saying it will let the islands return to their original historic beauty.

Baker. For months subrail travelers have wondered at the construction outside their windows as they passed beneath the heart of downtown. Wonder no longer. The Sharon M. Baker Station (red line, station 4) will be having its ribbon-cutting ceremony on the 12th of Spring. The city subrail authority apologizes that the Red Line will be shut down until noon that day for track maintenance and platform alignment.

Tennant. The Royal Docks of Upper Flint Bay have a new short-term lodger. Freux Rouge, a second-rate frigate of the Danoran navy, arrives on the 9th bearing dignitaries for this month’s peace summit. The Flint garrison promises that Risuri ships will be ready at a moment’s notice if the Danorans cause trouble. Indeed, the R.N.S. Brawn—the ship whose berth the Freux Rouge is taking—will be on regular patrol. Gawkers are expected, because the Rouge is one of Danor’s few remaining sailing warships.

Smith. In Drakr, this spring’s Forge Festival will see most every dwarf over the age of 10 working to craft something out of metal over the course of a single day. Trekhom’s grand shipyard expects to launch a vessel at sunrise the next day, and has invited all non-dwarves in the city to come and watch the unprecedented construction.

Reunion. Centuries after it was destroyed in the Second Victory, the Aquilopolis Bridge which once connected the human world with the elf world has been reconstructed. Now the massive structure links Crisillyir and Elfaivar at the Strait of Sjögren, and the Avery Coast Railroad is already conveying passengers and freight between the two continents. However, security is tight, and the bridge’s completion was delayed due to numerous attacks by jungle tigers.


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi spends some of his time updating his spell book, and manufacturing magical items for himself and the crew. When he’s not doing that, he’ll see what sort of library he can get access to, and research odds and ends. He has no particular purpose in mind, though he does spend some time on the politics of the region, something he hadn’t followed as closely as he might have.

As the time comes to an end, he looks forward to his upcoming assignment, though he does miss his time among texts.

He joins the city in celebrating the new year, and is surprised by the fireworks - so beautiful.

He too is on edge about the upcoming summit. He can see lots of ways it can go wrong, and only a few paths to success. He hopes their leaders are up to the task. He waits for orders, leafing through the newspaper for the news of the day.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 44/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien is a scarce sight outside of his workshop. His lecture schedule, while back on now that he is in town, is cinched down to just one lecture per week. He spends his time researching the current lantern issue with focus. When he shows his face at the RHC, he is mostly looking over the hotel blueprints and records of any past crimes there that might show a pattern (access through kitchen or cellar, etc). If time permits, he will make trips there to memorize the layout.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

The weeks that follow his return to Risur and Flint are a blur. Falko spends the days buying the papers, reading and worrying, building schematics for nefarious plots, then throw the whole thing away and drink until dawn.

With every day, paranoia and dread bloom inside him, intertwined, and clinch his heart until he can no longer breathe. Until finally he breaks. On new year's eve, he goes as deep as he dares, completely drunk, on the slopes of Cauldron Hill and dances all night with the spirits of the dead. His father, Xambria, and many others, some he has loved, some he has killed, come to dance and laugh with him, and laugh at him.

As he collapses in the arms of Cauldron, a feverish dream assails him. He is on the top of the Hill, sitting on a colossal snake wrapped around the whole hill. From below, thick smoke rises from Flint's industry and etches the serpent's skin, while from above the sky opens and alien creatures come flying down on him. And at his feet, oil seeps from the ground and ignites in a black and blue haze of chilling fire.

Strangely enough, he feels somewhat better after that night. Some kind of clarity has touched him. He is better focused. The world will end. He just works to make it harder than easier.

The following week, Falko, his hair having grown back, digs up all the crap he had thrown everywhere in his apartment and rearranges it with a single focus: the peace summit. He assembles dossiers on every person involved in the summit and spirals outward. Who will participate, who will watch, who will be affected, who will criticize, who will disturb it, who wishes it to go nowhere and why, but also who will serve food, who will watch during the day and at night, where people will sleep and talk, who will attend them then, who will provide light, who will cook, who will clean, and finally, who is just mad and wants the world to end...


Shot Putter Funkmeister

About a half an hour later, a man wearing a royal guards uniform strolls into RHC headquarters and says, "Constables, Chretien Dufresne, Falko Escheus, Iva Skipwith-Darling, Euphemia Ferka and Isaac Something or other.. I am a simple soldier not I cannot pronounce that name. You are hereby summoned by King Aodhan to meet him at the Hotel Aurum and I am here to bring you in an official Royal Carriage, my name is Hadsworth Hudgins his majesty's private carriage driver."


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi wasn't expecting that sort of summons and he immediately stands as if at attention out of respect for a king who wasn't even in the room. He sits back down and begins to gather a few things from his desk for the journey - just in case. He knew better than to not be prepared, though he wished he had more scrolls to extend his reach.

Still, it is a scant moment or two before Femi is standing again and on the move. The King! I'm going to meet the King!

He hopes he doesn't screw it up...


Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

But we're not ready... We're not ready! thinks Falko as he pulls out of his meanderings. With the slowness of the condemned, he gathers his things and follows the envoy.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Hudgins leads you outside and you see the King's royal carriage:

Reserved for guests of the king, this extravagantly beautiful carriage is big enough to hold six people. Latched shutters are normally closed when the carriage travels, but can be opened for a view, or to speak with the driver. The walls, doors, and shutters of the carriage are practically bullet-proof and can be deadbolted from within.

Two royal horses pull the carriage, these horses are much bigger than normal ones. The carriage picks up the party from the RHC headquarters and goes south along a broad thoroughfare.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 44/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien ensures his uniform is well taken care of before getting into the carriage.


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi sees Cretien smoothing out his clothes, and offers a Prestidigitation to any who wish a little sprucing up. When he's helped all he'll do the same for himself.

"This is some fancy carriage. Extra protected too!"

He opens the slats nearest him and watches the people as they go by.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

During the two Months

Iva spends her time researching the marriage contract between Risur's the King and Danoran's lady Lya Jierre. She tries to discover what would be given up if the marriage contract is canceled, and what the consequences could be if it happens.

She also spends her time preparing wills, and trusts for her fellow RHC agents. She offers to prepare them for anyone who wants it.

She enjoys seeing and familiarizing herself with the sights and sounds of Flint. She's been away for so long she forgot the smell of the cafe's and her favorite museums.

When the Gentleman arrives

Iva looks up from her desk. She studies the man for a moment trying to determine if he looks like a carriage driver, and if he's telling the truth that he works for His Majesty.

She puts away the things she's been working on, and gathers up her research on the marriage contract and places it in her satchel. She follows the others toward the carriage.

Perception Studied Target: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Sense Motive Studied Target: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You continue for five minutes down a broad thoroughfare. As it nears a railroad crossing, Hadsworth taps the side of the carriage, leans over, and says, “I think I see troub—.” Then he’s shot in the chest with a pair of muskets. His body slumps and falls off the side of the carriage, and the horses bolt.

You hear the driver and the gunshots and then you look out to see what is happening. The royal horses pull the carriage past the ambushers trying to block the road, and the two other carriages give chase. People in the streets scream and dive out of the way, and the out-of-control carriage occasionally clips obstacles, slowing it enough for the assassins to gradually close in.

I want you to roll your own initiative and tell me what you want to do. The horses are out of control and you are in the carriage and the driver is dead. The front pursuing carriage is 70 feet behind the royal carriage, while the other is 100 feet back and slightly off to the side. If someone wants to move from the carriage driver's area you need to pass a DC15 climb check and then to take control of the horses another DC 15 Handle Animal check


Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

"Damn! This is not my scene!" shouts Falko, looking at the crazied horses. He adds: "I'll try to slow them down instead. someone get those horses under control!"

With that, he turns his attention to the road behind them and conjures a patch of grease in front of the foremost carriage.

Cast Grease, Ref DC 14.


Panoply HP 15/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Status:
HP: 30/30 AC: 15 (f14/t11) (+4 mage armor included)
Weapon Equipped = Quarterstaff
Crossbow Bolts = 10/10
Conditions = Mage Armor (1/7h)
Melee: Attack: BAB +3, Str +0 Damage: +0
Ranged: Attack: BAB +3, Dex +1 Damage: +0
Reconnaissance (1/1)
Arcane Reservoir (su): 6/10 (+1 DC or caster level (free), quick study (full))
Consume Spells (su): 2/2
Runestone of Power (first) 0/1
Spells (Caster Level 7, Concentration +11, SR +9)
Special: (7/7) Force Missile*
Zero (14): (7) Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Spark
First (15): (5/5) Charm Person, Feather Fall, Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, Magic Missile*, Memory Lapse
Second (16) (5/5) Admonishing Ray*, Invisibility, Knock, See Invisibility
Third (17) (4/4) Fireball*, Haste, Invisibility Sphere
* +1 DC, +3 Damage

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"Climb out there, handle the horses? I'm no good with such things either I'm afraid, but good luck!” he looks to the other to manage it… he hopes. The horses will stop eventually, right? He watches as Falko greases the horses on the other team and shouts, ”Well done! That might just stop that first carriage if a horse or two stumbles! Brilliant!”

He takes out a runestone of power and uses it to facilitate the casting of Mage Armor on himself.

Concentration if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 vs DC 16 (might just be 11?)


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Iva doesn't waste breath talking. She has no idea how to handle the animals, but she's willing to try. She just misses climbing up onto the top of the carriage.

This carriage is going to crash. I don't want to be inside when it does.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien tries to shoot the driver of the closest Carriage 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 hits 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 + firepower 2d8 ⇒ (6, 8) = 14 dropping the driver

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Isaac shoots his crossbow at the guy next to the driver Large Heavy Repeating Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 = 10 dropping him as well.

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Horse Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 pass

Two musketeers inside the front carriage climb out to take control of the horses 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 pass and pass.

Barrage from the rear carriage at 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, 1 is Falko, 2 Iva, 3 Chretien, 4 Femi, 5 Isaac
1d5 ⇒ 3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 crit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 hitting Chretien doing 1d12 ⇒ 9 damage.

You hear a plonk of a piece of wood being drilled through into the carriage and noxious gas fills into the carriage, making it difficult to breathe and see.

The front carriage loses ground to you but now the back carriage is side by side with the front carriage at 70 feet back.

Initiative Musketeers 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11, Technologists 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Order Iva, Technologists, Falko, Chretien, Isaac, Musketeers, Femi

Round 2 As long as the carriage has no one controlling the horses, they can catch up to you. Or you can let them and fight. It is up to you.

Iva


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva coughs and hacks while she tries to climb out of the carriage. She still cannot get a good handhold and is stuck in the carriage.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The technologists shoot at the carriage 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 hitting the carriage

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 hitting the carriage

Falko, Chretien, Isaac


Dossier HP 45/45; AC 21/15/16; Saves 2/10/5; Init +5; Perc +22; Luck 6/11(33) used; Lore Master 0/1 used; Images 2; Buffs: Heroism, Mirror Image, Re-Hasted

Climb with Luck: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 3 = 21

Falko climbs out of the carriage, coughing, and gets to the roof. He once more conjures grease: "If I can get that horse on its ass!"

Cast Grease, Ref DC 15.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Falko climbs out onto the top of the carriage

Isaac 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 success

Chretien 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 success

Falko tries to grease on one of the horses in the front carriage 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 fail

Both climb on top of the carriage to avoid the gas.

One musketeer tries to get control of his horses 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 fail and then the other also tries 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 pass

The rear carriage musketeer 1 fires at Falko 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 miss

The rear carriage musketeer 2 fires at Isaac 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 miss

The rear carriage musketeer 3 fires at Chretien 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 miss

Femi

7,851 to 7,900 of 9,687 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zeitgeist: Act 1... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.