GM Dennis - Professional Golfblin Association Desert Classic [closed] (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

A closed table playing Risen From the Sands

Maps


101 to 150 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

You can take average on CLW charges out of combat, if you'd like, or roll, whichever you want. Let me know if you're switching marching order, and if you have any new marching procedures, then we'll move down the tunnel.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates
Rowdy Copperpelt wrote:
Rowdy used 2 charges of his CLW wand. And Dennis, I updated the perception spreadsheet. Rowdy does still have Trapfinding, which gives him a bonus of half his level on perception vs traps. Sorry guys, I messed that up!

Good to know. As I understand it, though, you don't have standard Trap Spotter, though, right? You only get the automatic perception on magical traps? This one was mechanical, and you weren't carefully looking for traps, so I don't think Trapfinding would have helped you here.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

The Professor stares intently at Sir Ibb for a long, long moment. Finally, without blinking, he says: "Feel free to continue to find your traps. I'll be bringing up the rear with Eugressia."

The professor moves back.

When he reaches Eugressia, he whispers to her,"Might I suggest that we stay slightly further back. It wouldn't do to be caught up in any further... discoveries."

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 4 | HP: 15/35 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 |F: +5, R: +3, W: +4; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +7 SM +9 | Perform 8/17; Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 0/2 | +1 earth breaker +7 (2d6+5 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +6, mwk com longbow +6 | Active Conditions: heroism

Oiur picks themself up from the rubble Their dancing lights turn the cloud of dust around them into a multicolored corona; the light jumps spasmodically when Oiur doubles over in a prolonged series of racking coughs. The fit ends with a pained wheeze. A large, ugly bruise is already spreading beneath the blue lines of their cheek tattoos.

"Stones." They fish a wand of ruddy red stone from a belt pouch, cough more intentionally, and touch the device to their chest. They wince each time the magic transfers into their body. 3 charges.

"Well. Well." They rotate a shoulder and wince again, then bend to reclaim the earth breaker. They survey their companions and help them with their own wands as needed.

"Hard lesson learned. Let's be more careful," they say, and shake dust from their cowl. "Nowhere to go but forward; let's hope the Pharaoh included a back door to this place. Make sure there aren't any more traps in this hall, then we'll see what these reliefs are about?"
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

I thought I was narrating looking around, but I never actually rolled a Perception check, so that's on me! I'll do so going forward, and assume it's part of standard operating procedure now. Definitely survey from a distance first :D

Grand Lodge

BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

You travel cautiously down the long causeway, light filtering in through narrow slits in the ceiling every ten feet (normal light). In the distance ahead of you, about half way down the 750ft length of the passage, you see something large blocking your path. As you get closer, you can see the shape of a square stone pyramid, approximately 10ft by 10ft at its base. When Rowdy and Ibb approach within 40ft it begins to shift with a loud scrape of stone, charging toward you on small stone rollers!

What the heck is it? Knowledge (Arcana) DC 15:
This appears to be an animated object, clearly made of stone. You know it has construct traits and some hardness. For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask another question.

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Ibb: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Rowdy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Professor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Pyramid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Initiative:

  • Rowdy
  • Eugressia
  • Pyramid
  • Professor
  • Oiur
  • Ibb

    Rowdy and Eugressia may act.

  • The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 7/7 | Spells Available 1: 4/7, 2: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 1: 2/3 2: 2/2 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed

    Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

    Why don't you choose the most interesting things to tell me?

    Eugressia pulls out a wand and flicks it at the pyramid.

    magic missile!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    You think this thing has 4 hit dice and a trample ability.

    The Concordance

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 7/7 | Spells Available 1: 4/7, 2: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 1: 2/3 2: 2/2 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed

    Oh, good Lord.

    In that case, Eugressia backed up while drawing her wand.

    Grand Lodge

    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    Know(Arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

    To Ibb: Woke a whole pyramid clodding about you clod. The bird pauses while the thing rolls down the hallway at them. Well it's stone; it'll nullify some damage, so just hit it hard… you can do that, right?

    Edit: now that we know it has trample, Irp might instead ask about other specific DR.

    The self-interested bird flies into the air the instant it hears the word "trample."

    Liberty's Edge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Kn: Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

    ”Cayden’s mercy on us. I knew this hall was suspicious.”

    Rowdy draws his gun and moves back.

    ”Ibb, let’s not check that thing for traps. Run!”

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Trying to remember a tale he once heard of ancient ruins, the big man frowns and mutters something to the backing-away Badger. Ibbiana Jones fought the big rock, right? This is a big rock too, just shaped funny.

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    No DR, but you suspect that this type of rock has hardness 8.

    The pyramid charges forward, trampling Ibb, Oiur, and the Professor. You can each choose to make an AoO with a -4 penalty (only if you have Combat Reflexes, since you haven't acted yet) or to make a DC 18 reflex save for half damage.

    damage to Ibb, Oiur, and Professor Lacrymose: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 <-- The RNG took pity on you...

    ----

    Initiative, round 1/2:

  • Rowdy
  • Eugressia
  • Pyramid -5hp
  • Professor
  • Oiur
  • Ibb

    Party may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

    Did any of us get knocked prone? If not:

    Ibb's feet start running in place, as if he would like to charge and is waiting for a clear lane.

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 4 | HP: 15/35 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 |F: +5, R: +3, W: +4; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +7 SM +9 | Perform 8/17; Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 0/2 | +1 earth breaker +7 (2d6+5 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +6, mwk com longbow +6 | Active Conditions: heroism

    Oiur barely makes it out of the way, though the pyramid still clips their hip and sends them spinning into the wall. The impact shakes loose a thunderous tone from its place within their chest, and the deep, clear, and unwavering sound of their resonant voice fills the hall.

    Beginning inspired rage (+2 Str/Con, +1 Will, –1 AC):
    At 1st level, affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

    Standard singin'; Move 5 ft. step, up and to the right
    Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

    Stats with inspired rage: AC 15, HP 17/22, Fortitude +4 Will +4

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    My favorite song

    Ibb accepts the inspiration, and charges, wildly attempting to hit as hard as he can.

    Mwk Nodachi +8 +2 charge + 1 Inspired Rage -1 Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

    Damage (slashing)(-8 hardness): 1d10 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 8 = 11

    AC=18 this round

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    There seems to be some debate on the prone issue. Trample is described as being like Overrun, but the trampling creature doesn't have to make a CMB roll. With overrun, you only get knocked prone if they beat your CMD by 5 or more, and since they aren't making an attack roll they can't do that. Some people interpret this as there's no chance of knocking them prone, some people as it automatically knocking them prone. There are no FAQs addressing it. I'm inclined toward the player-friendly interpretation, which I think better fits RAW, so I'll say you don't get knocked prone.

    I do need to retcon one thing though: I had been thinking it charged into the trample (as you can with Overrun), but there is a more recent FAQ addressing the movement that says it can move twice its speed as part of a trample, so it did not need to charge and thus does not have the AC penalty.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    Ibb, I didn't mention that it has reach after the knowledge checks, but you probably could have surmised. I figure Ibb would have charged anyway, but you can retcon if you'd like.

    As Ibb charges in at the pyramid, it lashes out with a blocky stone appendage:

    AoO (reach 10ft.), slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 <---the RNG really doesn't like this thing.
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    No need to retcon, Dennis.

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

    The Professor recognizes the forces powering the pyramid as it tramples over him, though he mostly manages to get out of the way, reducing the impact to a glancing blow.

    Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

    "Ah, yes, some sort of *oof* animated construct. Stay out of its path, as it's very painful to be underfoot. If you have an adamantine weapon of some sort, I would recommend it. It doesn't have a mind, or a nervous system, or any sort of interesting internal organs, unfortunately. " While saying this, the Professor takes a quick step back, so that the pyramid is between him and Ibb. With one flick of his wrist, a dark wooden hilt drops into his left hand, and with another, a nasty looking blade appears from its end. Angling for a seam in the brick, he lashes out, striking with this newfound blade and again with the one affixed to his tail.

    Spring Blade Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
    Spring Blade Damage: 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (4, 3) = 8

    Tailblade (secondary) Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
    Tailblade Damage: 1d2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (2, 5) = 8

    "That being said, someone stronger than I might be able to find purchase and do some serious damage through its seams."

    "That's probably ruined the coating on the blades, too. Going to need to reapply. Don't get pulled in to their tactics, Nicky."

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    Another area that seems to have debate. Once an object is animated its type becomes construct rather than object, and the statblock for this creature is listed as such. To me that means construct traits apply and inanimate object traits no longer apply. I understand that there are some GMs that rule both apply, but that seems needlessly punitive.

    Long answer short: constructs are subject to precision damage, and this is a construct, so it is subject to precision/crits, and I'll say flanking too.

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 7/7 | Spells Available 1: 4/7, 2: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 1: 2/3 2: 2/2 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed

    Eugressia backs up more and uses her wand again.

    magic missile!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    ”Are we even hurting it? How can we even tell?”

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    "Time for some more aggressive tactics, I believe!" he says, readying to detach an item from his belt.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy takes a step back and fires off a shot.

    Arcane Gun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    ”If I get grit in my gun, someone’s gonna be in trouble. An’ it’s probly gonna be me.”

    Ugh. I’m thinking though about what I can do to damage this thing...

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    Ibb's charging blow breaks off a large chunk of the pyramid, while Eugressia's missile chips off another small bit. Rowdy's bullet and Professor Lacrymose's precise slices, though, seem to have no effect.

    The pyramid rushes back the other direction, rolling over Ibb and Oiur.
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 DC 18 Reflex for half OR AoO at -4 penalty

    Professor Lacrymose, you get an AoO without penalty as it moves away from you.

    -----

    Initiative, round 1/2:

    Rowdy
    Eugressia
    Pyramid -18hp
    Professor
    Oiur
    Ibb

    Party may act.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    2 1's in a row on trample for this thing!?

    AOO: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 4 = 11

    slashing: 1d10 + 10 - 9 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 9 = 9

    Ibb (probably) misses, but revs up with his charge lane.

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    Yeah, it's like the RNG knows this thing is brutal and is taking pity on you :)

    Grand Lodge

    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    Ibb, look at yourself! Let it come at you, then smash it! And let your friends throw things at it… It's a pretty stupid "rock" but we're smarter, right?

    It may be good to start luring back to the room we were in before; it's small but there there are pillars in there that will block its trample move. Ibb can start moving back and reading attacks against its trample. UNless this thing keeps rolling 1's Ibb can't take 2 more hits and stay conscious.

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    To be clear, this encounter happens half-way down the 750ft long corridor. That room is ~350 feet away.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    We're too far away, stupid birdie.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Well, we can't kite it that far and it won't charge because it doesn't need to on a trample per Dennis' note above; so Brace is useless too. I'm out of ideas beyond readying power attacks.

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    I think it's reasonable to equate a trample-double-move to a charge for purposes of bracing, especially given the way the trample rule is written tied to overrun. I'll allow bracing damage if you want to stick with that.

    I'll be honest, though. You all would do well to find a way to either (a) hinder its movement, or (b) do damage beyond Ibb and Eugressia's magic missiles

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 4 | HP: 15/35 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 |F: +5, R: +3, W: +4; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +7 SM +9 | Perform 8/17; Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 0/2 | +1 earth breaker +7 (2d6+5 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +6, mwk com longbow +6 | Active Conditions: heroism

    Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    Oiur takes the brunt of the pyramid's charge this time, barely able to hold their footing as it nearly smashes them to the ground. A pained cry interrupts their song. Fear in their eyes, one hand clawing at their belt pouch, they turn and sprint away down the hallway. Their feet on the ancient stones still manage to beat a bolstering rhythm. Full round action to run; there's very real potential I'd be permadead if I took another trample! Probably just try to heal myself up next turn.

    As for other tactics, best I can do is try to hit it once I'm back up to full HP; two of my three spells are buffs, and solid note's effective Strength score won't be enough to hold it up, I don't think.
    Stats with inspired rage: AC 15, HP 7/22, Fortitude +4 Will +4

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    If that's the case Ibb will move back and brace for double damage if it tries to trample by moving greater than its speed.

    Move 20' back. Ready action: Brace a Power Attack when it comes in range, using its trample ability in a way that's analogous to a charge.

    Grand Lodge

    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Does anyone have marbles or caltrops? I mean… it's on Rollers; Ibb has marbles but he's not really smart enough to use them in this situation (and I've also been going back and forth WAY too much on what Ibb is doing this round, and sort of just want to move on).

    Perhaps solid note would stop at least a trample, as it needs to make an opposed strength check against it? Those are all my ideas. I also thing Alchemist fires would be good against this thing.

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy has caltrops!

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    The professor will swipe again with his spring blade as the monster moves away.

    Spring Blade Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
    Spring Blade Damage: 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (2, 6) = 9

    Do I get my regular turn also?

    The Concordance

    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 7/7 | Spells Available 1: 4/7, 2: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 1: 2/3 2: 2/2 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed

    I can try to remember Glue Seal and entangle it or remember magic missile and cast it at my own level. I’m not seeing a better option off the psychic spell list, but if anyone else does, holler!

    The Concordance

    LN nonbinary human skald 4 | HP: 15/35 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 |F: +5, R: +3, W: +4; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +7 SM +9 | Perform 8/17; Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 0/2 | +1 earth breaker +7 (2d6+5 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +6, mwk com longbow +6 | Active Conditions: heroism

    Not sure alchemist's fire will help—its hardness applies to energy damage, too. I know for objects you HALVE the energy damage before applying hardness, but I don't think the same applies to constructs; Google's turning up forum arguments on it, though.
    I'll try solid note next round, though, so other folks can potentially retreat?

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Dennis, can Rowdy try to throw his caltrops 15’ toward the mini-pyramid, or do they have to be in a square adjacent?

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates
    Oiur wrote:
    Not sure alchemist's fire will help—its hardness applies to energy damage, too. I know for objects you HALVE the energy damage before applying hardness, but I don't think the same applies to constructs.

    It does not apply. You would apply the hardness, but you would not halve the damage first.

    How does hardness work for creatures? Does energy damage such as cold deal half damage to creatures with hardness (Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook 173-174) even before applying the flat numerical reduction?

    When a creature with hardness sustains damage, subtract its hardness from the damage dealt. The rules for halving damage, doubling damage, dealing damage with ineffective tools, immunities, and the like only apply to damaging inanimate objects.

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates
    Rowdy Copperpelt wrote:
    Dennis, can Rowdy try to throw his caltrops 15’ toward the mini-pyramid, or do they have to be in a square adjacent?

    I can't find any information about throwing caltrops, but given that the action in the CRB is described as 'spreading' rather than throwing, I think it probably has to be an adjacent square. Additionally, given that it won't do any damage to them, I'm not sure caltrops will have any effect on them whatsoever. A tanglefoot bag, though...

    Professor Lacrymose wrote:
    Do I get my regular turn also?

    Absolutely.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Rowdy calls out, ”Ibb, we gotta crack this thing open and kill the tiny mummy inside that’s driving it around! Ain’t you got anything to stop it from moving?”

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CN Human Fighter 3 HP11/34 | AC: 23 T:12 FF: 22 | CMB +9, CMD 20 | F: +6 R:+2 W:+4(+5 Mnd Eff/Fear) | Init: +1 | Per:+7, SM:+2 | Melee: Mwk Nodachi +9(1d10+6), MWK Hvy Flail +8(1d10+6) | Ranged: Com LBow +4(1d8+4) Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior 3 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (STR)

    Ya I got a bag of maple syrup. But I'm savin' it for dinner, Rowdy.

    Dark Archive

    N Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Eldritch Poisoner) 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +1, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs Poison | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Ranged: Blowgun +7 1, Melee: Bone Dagger +7 1, Mwk Spring Blade +8 1d3, Tailblade +7(+2) 1d2 Note: all (often + Poison / 2d6 Sneak Attack) | Extracts: 1st 2/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active c.: HA

    "Stand back!" the Professor shouts. The small clay urn on his harness he had been reaching towards earlier detaches easily, and he lobs the pot at the being.

    Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
    Artoku's Fire: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

    The urn cracks open, erupting in a green fire that leaps out into the nearby space. The pyramid, however, seems unphased.

    Dangit. Fingers crossed for high damage next round.

    Artoku's Fire 1/2

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    TN Magical Beast 2 HP 4/6 | AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 5 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Melee: Bite +1, (1d2-5 Sage/Figment Familiar 3 | Speed 10ft, Fly 40fy (Average) | Active conditions: None.

    The bird darts down and lands atop the crouching man's backpack. Tanglefoot bag, not syrup pack! Take it, Rowdy.

    Whatever action for Rowdy to retrieve it from Ibb's normal backpack; Ibb is in a readied action.

    Liberty's Edge

    CG Human Spellslinger 1/ Eldritch Scoundrel 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: +1 Arcane Gun (Pistol) +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank Shot) 1d8+1 (1d8+2 PBS) , Melee: Rapier +1 1d6 | Spells: 0 6/6, 1st 6/6 | Active conditions: None.

    Is it a move to retrieve the tanglefoot bag? If so, Rowdy will remove it, 5' move back and ready to throw after the pyramid has hit Ibb's weapon, assuming it tries to trample again.

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    Sure, you can do that.

    The Concordance

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +0 SM +0 | Dark half 7/7 | Spells Available 1: 4/7, 2: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 1: 2/3 2: 2/2 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed

    Eugressia stares at her wand for a moment.

    Oh, god, it's going to kill us all! Wait. Wait. Breathe. You don't need this wand. You can do it yourself, and better. Just focus...

    spell recollection: 1d100 + 1d10 ⇒ (58) + (3) = 61

    Eugressia looks up, and this time, 2 beads of force fly from her hand.

    magic missiles!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    BAR (high) | BAR (low) || Spell Templates

    Bits of stone begin to crumble off of the pyramid as Eugressia's missiles strike it. If it had blood it would be bleeding.

    The pyramid charges forward, attempting to run over Ibb, Professor, and Rowdy. Rowdy and Ibb, go ahead and make your readied attacks.

    101 to 150 of 751 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.