GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


5,401 to 5,450 of 7,001 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

it looks like 'handle animal' is the go to skill with charisma being the stat. Having pointed out the obvious, Ting is not the person we want driving one of these.

Stepping out into the cold, Ting sees the dogs and steps back, "I's don't care fer dogs." turning to Ryskam he ssks, "Ain't you's got's a few axe beaks er ostriches er a pack o' sea gulls er sumpin? I don't like's dogs, wroight."

Looking from Brallenera to Carr and then Quinn, he asks "Please tell's me two's of you's blokes can work wit 'ese flea bitten, four legged, slobberin' muts."

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ongoing

One of the huskies senses Ting's ill attitude towards it and its friends.

*Bark!, bark!*

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Extreme Endurance (Ex): At 3rd level, the invulnerable rager is inured to either hot or cold climate effects (COLD) as if using endure elements

Barely feeling the cold, Brallenera tries to get on the good side of the canines

Handle animal, untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Should we be including the +5 from "cold weather outfit"?

Carr has no trouble with the cold... yet. "Ah, animals love me. Don't you, little ones?"

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He pets several of them, ruffles their fur, and is generally a nice being. "And I wouldn't call them mutts, Ting, they might be well bred."


Ongoing

I'll get a better post in later this morning. I'v got a job interview 1st.

On the clothing, it isn't mentioned mechanically, but i think it works that way, yes.

The dogs like the attention Carr and Brallenera give them.


Ongoing

So i reckon Carr will be the driver of one sled.
Quinn actually has a +1 Cha modifier, he could drive #2?
Which leaves just a few things.
#1) Who will be paired with Carr and Quinn?
#2) Which team is taking along the pick?

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, i'm picking the pick, and I'll go with Quinn.

Liberty's Edge

Looking suspiciously at the dogs, Ting walks over to the sled Carr is peting the dogs at mumbling something about village huskies. Picking up one of the furs and wrapping it around himself, he hands the other to Carr, "Appears I's is ridin' wit you's 'en, wroight." He then slides into the sled, holding on for dear life.


Ongoing

Ok, here we go. Since none specified what speed you want the dogs to go, you'll travel at average speed.
Sled 1: Carr & Ting. Handle animal +6
Sled 2: Brallenera & Quinn. Handle animal +1
You have the chance to heal up between zones/injuries.

It turns out, my bad, the furs protect from the cold. The fort is vs the effect of high altitudes, and are not cold related.

The sleds travel at an average of 5 mph, making the trip around 4 hours.
Fort Quinn hour 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
===================

Zone 1: The Tail
The terrain is mostly flat, and the only things sighted are a few snow hares, popping up their heads at the pathfinders sledding by.

Zone 2: The haunches
This section of the pass has a steep incline but is otherwise uneventful.
Ascending sleds slow all movement by –1

Zone 3: The spine
Not accustomed to high altitudes, Carr and Ting become fatigued.
-2 penalty on Str & Dex.
In this section, the pass runs through a sloping field of boulders.
In this section, the pass runs through a sloping field of boulders.

Handle animal Carr, DC 11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Handle animal Carr, DC 11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Handle animal Carr, DC 11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Carr has no trouble with this, his charismatic nature having a positive effect on the huskies.

Handle animal Quinn, DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Rounds of dragging: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Dragging dmg to Quinn & Ting: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 4, 2) = 16
Quinn doesn't quite manage the 1st quarter mile, and he and Ting are flipped, the sled dragging them along before the dogs come to a stop.

Handle animal Quinn, DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Rounds dragging: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Dragging dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) = 11
It happens again...

Handle animal Quinn, DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
After two harsh experiences, Quinn gets the hang of it, and avoids further injuries.

Fort rolls team pathfinder, hour 2, DC 16:

Brallenera: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Carr: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Quinn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Ting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Zone 4. The Heart
In this location, a dangerously narrow bridge of solid ice spans a 15-foot-wide ravine that splits the pass. A weathered chain, secured to large boulders at either end of the bridge, hangs suspended about three feet above its surface.
Travelers usually tie off to the chain when crossing and walk the sleds. Believing this to be a good idea. The group does just that to cross safely.

Zone 5: The Talons
Here the pass splits into adjacent routes, a higher path with a slow incline, and a wider steep path that plunges below it across a series of ice dunes.

Which route will you take?

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Ting is with me, the dwarfess is with Quinn.

Carr seems to indicate he'd prefer the incline, because higher land, while treacherously cold, does not lead to as many ambushes.


Ongoing

(slaps face) Doh...thanks for reminding me.

Liberty's Edge

Seeing Quinn's and Brallenera's sled capsize, Ting wrapped in his furs, grimaces and calls back to Carr, "I's is glad 'ese pup's like you's wroight!"

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww... That's not really easy to use, these dog-sled. We'll need to patch up. And be more careful.


Ongoing

I'm going to send a PM to Quinn before we move ahead of ourselves too much.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn pulls at his furs and wipes sweat from his beard, "It's s real skill, and not one I have mastered."

He nods to Carr, "You have the way of it, Master Carr, let's follow your lead."

Sorry for the slackness. Busy at work.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Feeling seriously beaten-up 4 hit points left Quinn uses the two charges left on his wand of healing
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

On Quinn

Healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

On me
Healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Healing wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

8 charges left,will update later

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr grins widely. "Didn't you know, Ting Tang? Everyone likes an Angel. Well except demons and devils, but that's rather the point isn't it?" Carr points his sled upwards and urges the dogs onward. "Come on now pups, just a bit more then we'll find some nice cave or elsewise to keep you warmer in. Good work, the lot of you."

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Ongoing

The sleds, led by Carr's example, ascend the higher path.
It turns out to be a treacherous path, but a mere 10ft wide, and icy.
The cold wind blows against your faces.

Traveling 3 squares through the talons. Every square on this path is a handle animal check, DC 15 +1 for every speed above 3, to avoid slipping off.
You are traveling at 5mph.

Carr handles the 1st quarter mile with style.

1st quarter mile, Quinn, DC 17: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Dicebot doesn't like Quinn's driving so much, it seems. :/

At one point, Quinn's focus is disturbed, and his sled topples sideways across the edge's slick surface, dragging the dogs and its occupants over the edge.

Both Brallenera and Quinn are tossed off the sled by its toppling.
Altitude: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Path 30ft above lower.
.., falling 30 ft down to the path below.
Falling dmg to Brallenera, Quinn, huskies & sled.: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4) = 11

Carr likely stops as this happens.
All huskies are alive and conscious, but have little HP left.
The sled is slightly damaged, but still in one piece.

What's the plan here?


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Retcon purchase of four scrolls of overland flight?

We'll have to take the lower path. Maybe Carr can race ahead to the bones? Yes, that's right: let's split the party! What's the worst that could happen?!


Ongoing

XD, that is a bit late, at this point, sorry.
And don't use those words! That's jinxing yourselves. :/

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr will halt the sled if such can be done on the incline... if not, then he'll pull them around and carefully guide them back down where he had been going to the lower trail with Quinn. Can't have the dogs further injured. He wished he had mending or something to that effect to help the sled, but can only help the dogs. He does help each of them, though.

Let me know how many charges to mark off. Only one per dog, 1d8+1.


Ongoing

Does that mean you're aiming to back to where you had to choose paths?
Because if so, you'd be traveling a quarter mile back, and down the lower path again, rolling for handle animal checks again.
6 charges for the dogs.
Edit: With the lower path's surface speeding you up, you may want to roll some handle animal checks to slow down back to 5mph. 3 successful checks if you please on this.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Well without splitting the party, he's on the lower path, right? And the upper path will hold this threat to his sled / person? And the lower part will not? Can we get him back up here without him having to backtrack and make 5+ checks? ((This is why I have Improvisation and Improved Improvisation))


Ongoing

Got a rope to haul them back up?

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Nope, no rope up here.


Ongoing

Ting, do you have any rope?

Liberty's Edge

earlier
Ting lulls his tongue in a tengu smile at Carr, "Everybodies loves an angel aye, Me's? I prefers Garuda's wroight, but live an' let's live I says"

Now
As Carr pulls the sled over to see what happened to the others, Ting slowly gets out and peers over the side, he then nods and begins to root through his ruck sack. Looking up, appearing slightly embarrassed, "I knew's I forgot sumtin.' Reminds me ta buy some bloody rope once't we's get's back ta civilization, wroight."

He calls down over the edge, "Brallenera, be's a dear an' toss up yer rope!"

apparently ting, at some point in time, used the rope that comes in the 'ranger kit' and forgot to replace it. So no, he does not have rope listed :-(


Ongoing

She'll be tossing it up 30ft.
I don't know what the mods are for that, i'll have to check in the morning. XD

Liberty's Edge

GM Chyro wrote:

She'll be tossing it up 30ft.

I don't know what the mods are for that, i'll have to check in the morning. XD

I'm so glad you posted this response before the post Changed. Believe me, I would never have bothered to type that. And ting was so entertaining.


Ongoing

Must have been some weird bug, the GM in another game had that happen too.

Brallenera has rope, so she can tie it around her axe to add weight for a makeshift grappling hook, which itself can be used as per the thrown weapon rules.
She'd have to hit AC 5, but take -4 penalty for it not being the actual thing, and -2 for every 10ft beyond the initial 10 ft, a grappling hook is designed for.

Brallenera does just that.
"Alright Beaky, incoming!"

1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 8 = 13
Ting finds the axe lodging itself right before his feet.
"Beaky, i didn't hit you, did i?"

It takes a short while, but with effort, Carr and Ting lift up the dogs, their friends, and together, the sled.
The dogs received healing from Carr.

Dogs healing:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Brallenera 61/70
Quinn 16/31.

I've got to cut this short, i won't have time for a bigger post until after noon.
Carr & Quinn, i need 2 more handle animal checks.
You can slow down by 1 with a DC 12 handle animal check, to lower the DC of traveling through a square by 1. Since it's merely a move action, assume you have 2 attempts for the DC 12 to do so.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awwww, sorry Beaky. It wasn't an easy throw. Thank you for the lift anyway.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

slowing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
handle: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

slowing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
handle: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

The adventure begins: make 15 skill checks untrained. If you fail more than 6, you die.

What could be more fun than that?!

This party really needs a utility caster... ah, well: next adventure.


Ongoing

I can understand the sentiment.
There is a lot of variables in this trip alone.
Rounds of dragging are a d6, dmg from each round is a d6, height between the paths is a d4.

1st quarter mile.

Falling Quinn & Brallenera: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3) = 14
Quinn rises to his feet at 13 hp, Brallenera at 58.

The poor huskies are all KO, the sled took 9 dmg, and is starting to look battered.

Just thinking out loud here, since the dogs won't be pulling your sled any time soon, you could traverse this part on foot. Slower, but safe from the risk of flipping over and being dragged for 1d6 rounds.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Couldn't you use inspiration points or something for those checks? I mean just saying, that would add 1d6 to each.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

That’s a good point. The problem is that it’s too many checks. I’ll run out of inspiration before we’re halfway, let alone coming back.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

The return trip isn't a "race", and is probably handwaved. I know that's metagaming to an extent, but we just have to be first to retrieve the remains.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

One last go, burning inspiration? Let's do it.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

I'd be willilng to ruin my wand healing up the doggies if need be. Hopefully none are dead-dead.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, I could do with a hot dog, but not with a freezed dog.

Liberty's Edge

ting has a wand of healing we can use too.'


Ongoing

Since Quinn hadn't posted his bonus, i'm assuming i'll be rolling those extra d6 for that dreaded 2nd and 3rd quarter mile.
(fingers crossed)
I believe i mentioned you can make the slowing roll twice? :)

Making a quick stop to take in the scenery, before traversing the 2nd quarter mile, Carr touches Quinn's shoulder for good encouragement.
Guidance.

Which makes Quinn's slowing check a pass.
Brallenera tries to sweet talk the huskies as Quinn starts driving the sled.
"Aww, easy sweet doggies, easy now, uncle Quinn's a nice man."
Attempt aid handle animal for slowing: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 No luck.
Result handle animal to slow, 2nd move action attempt, inspiration, DC 12: 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 11 + (2) = 13 Pass.

Quinn barely manages to keep the hueskies in line, but they slow their pace down to 3mph.
Brallenera softly cheers the huskies on.
"Great work Quinn, great work doggies."
Aid handle animal, encouragement, DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 No luck.
Handle animal 2nd quarter, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 1 + (2) = 16
Brallenera and Quinn traverse the 2nd quarter mile successfully, and the dreadful drop from another timeline didn't happen here.

Woot!

Handle animal Carr, (he secretly uses guidance too): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Carr travels at average speed with ease, briefly stopping on occassion to wait for Quinn's sled.
2 inspiration points spent.
========================

3rd quarter mile.
Carr taps Quinn's shoulder with a smile, encouragement of a job well done, and slams his chest with his fist, in a bravado kind of way.
Another guidance for both.

Brallenera aid handle animal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 No luck.
Handle animal Carr, guidance, DC 17: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Handle animal Quinn, guidance, inspiration, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 1 + (3) = 21

The successful journey at the 2nd quarter mile, along with his friends' ecouragement, has boosted Quinn's confidence, and he steers the sled to a successful end past the 3rd quarter mile.

Sledding the talons over!! :D
3 inspiration points spent. If you wanted to do some healing afterwards, feel free to do so, in fact, you really would like to do so, i reckon.

----------------------------
Zone 6: The Wings: The pass drops into a small valley between two small hills.
Nothing much happens here, much to everyone's relief.
-----------------------------

Team forts hour 3:

Brallenera, DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Carr, DC 17: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Quinn, DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Ting, DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

The high altitude tarts to talke its toll on Brallenera's lunges, and the increasing lack of fresh air causes her to become fatigued. The others are still fine.
Fatigue: -2 to Str & Dex related rolls.
------------------------------

Zone 7: The Eye

Near the top of the pass, the angle of the slope increases. It bisects a small glen near the base of a steep butte on the mountainside. Atop the butte, a wide ledge climbs slowly back up the mountain. The pass continues until it reaches a high ridge atop a staggeringly sheer scarp that spills down into the lowlands. The breathtaking view provides a panorama of most of the lower peaks.

As the party reaches this part of the pass, A large swath of the snow high up on the mountain lets loose and begins racing towards the party. An avalanche occurs!

1d6 ⇒ 1 100ft wide, center at 50 ft.
With the most skill overall, Carr's sled is leading ahead.
Distance from center, Carr & Ting: 1d6 ⇒ 2 20ft.
Impact bury zone: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 37

Dc 15 reflex for half and still buried 25 feet in snow (5 squares)

Impact Slide zone, Brallenera & Quinn: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) = 12
DC 15 reflex to negate damage & not be buried under 1 square of snow.

Dig out rules:
Characters who aren't buried can dig out their friends. In 1 minute, using only her hands, a character can clear rocks and debris equal to five times her heavy load limit. The amount of snow that fills a 5-foot-by-5-foot area weighs 1500 lbs. Armed with an appropriate tool, such as a pick or shovel, a digger can clear snow twice as quickly as by hand. A buried character can attempt to free himself with a DC 25 Strength check.

Characters take 1d6 points of nonlethal damage per minute while buried. If such a character falls unconscious, he must make a DC 15 Constitution check each minute. If it fails, he takes 1d6 points of lethal damage each minute until freed or dead.

Everyone who's buried, roll 8 str checks, to see how fast you can wrestle yourself free.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Carr finds himself heavily buried under snow. He is unfortunately not strong enough to dig himself out, and so remains there, beneath the snow.


Ongoing

When you are digging for buried friends, yes.
If you are buried yourself, str check is the way to go.
Luckily, our mistress of mayhem has the tool on her sled, taking she makes her save.

Liberty's Edge

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 so 19 points damage and 25 ft under

str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
you did say 8 str checks right? but if he has to roll a 25, does the 20 count? Does he have to make a 25 str check for every square he's buried?

"Oh bloody 'ell!" Seeing the avalanche begins, ting is able to jump free of some of the carnage, but is still buried. He begins to attempt to dig himself out, as he calls for help "'elp!"

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Strength 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Strength 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Strength 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Strength 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Strength 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Strength 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Strength 7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Strength 8: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Ref save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

STR check, Fatigue, r1: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21
STR check, Fatigue, r2: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 = 14
STR check, Fatigue, r3: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
STR check, Fatigue, r4: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16
STR check, Fatigue, r5: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20
STR check, Fatigue, r6: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 2 = 12
STR check, Fatigue, r7: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
STR check, Fatigue, r8: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 = 2

I honestly understand Nothing about the diggin out rules, but if she manages to get free from the snow, Brallenera will try to help the others, using the pick. Remember she has Cold Resistance and DC 4 vs Nonlethal damage

5,401 to 5,450 of 7,001 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.