GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


5,251 to 5,300 of 7,001 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Ongoing

There would be, but it is described as a backup, should int checks prove to difficult. The door has but a +1 on its int. Plus, the water situation is devided over multiple rounds, up to a minute.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Int check vs door: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Brallenera tries to figure how to block the door open. Even if her first impulse is to use pure brute strenght


Ongoing

Mistress of Mayhem kicking off, it seems. ;)
Will Carr head for safety, or join the battle of wits?

Opposed int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Brallenera tries pushing a few cogs, but to no effect, other than the clockwork face making a faint smile-like expression.

No effect, since all chutes are already open.

Carr, Quinn & Ting

Liberty's Edge

ting looks from the face to Brallenera, and then tenativly pushes a cog, "Wipe 'at smirk off yer face, wroight."

int: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5


Ongoing

Counter check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
The pushing doesn't have effect...once again the face smiles.

Carr & Quinn


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn intelligence check, inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 4 + (5) = 18


Ongoing

Counter int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Well would you look at that.
But, like with init ties with highest bonus win, this one will be in favor of Quinn.

Quin notices a pattern, and holds a gear, causing something to whirl and click.
The team sees 1 chute closing, and the clockwork face becoming expressionless.

Int check Carr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Counter check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Carr joins in the puzzling, but loses as he presses a wrong button, causing the chute to reopen.
==============================

The water has risen to just below knee height.

Round 2

Team pathfinder


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

int and inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1) = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

*Flips table!*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Int check: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Awww. Kicks the flipped table.


Ongoing

How about flipping the door the finger? :3

Opposed int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Brallenera and Quinn try a few different things, but no chutes close.

Carr & Ting

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Int: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Actually thinking himself smart, Carr twists something.


Ongoing

Opposed int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The door's expression becomes neutral, and a chute closes.

Ting

Liberty's Edge

init: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

"'is aint loikes any lock I's has ever seen wroight."

edit: Ting has a scroll of 'water breath' if worse comes to worse who would be the best to use it?


Ongoing

Opposed check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
The team hears a second chute closing.

Keep it up guys, doing good.
================

The water rises to a hip's height.
Round 3

Team pathfinder

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Int check: 1d20 ⇒ 6 No Int found. Water rising at hip's height: Dwarf hips or human hips?

Liberty's Edge

Brallenera Thalkham wrote:
No Int found. Water rising at hip's height: Dwarf hips or human hips?

Halfling hips, I'm sure!

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Int: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Carr thinks himself quite brilliant, and decides to push something while pulling something else! Oh how smart. Doing two DIFFERENT things!


Ongoing

Human hip height. If you were small sized, then you'd be making swim checks.

Opposing checks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Between Brallenera and Carr, a chute opens and closes.

Quinn & Ting


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

int check with inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + (4) = 18

Liberty's Edge

"Can't you's smart bloke jus' figur 'is out?"
init: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 I really hate this game...


Ongoing

Quinn and Ting, like Brallenera and Carr, play a lightswitch game with the 3rd chute.

As the waterlevel rises, it reaches a human's waist.

With the predicament at hand, the four decide more drastic means might be needed.

I'm calling backup options.
You can use str checks, DC 15, to apply force.
Or disable device, which i don't have the DC for at hand. With the current situation, take 10 is not available.

Round 4

Team pathfinder.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

STR check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
As much luck as he was having applying his intellect, the rising water somewhat panics Carr, and he decides that brute force is the answer!

With Ting's +20 to DD, I think that's a much better option. :P

Liberty's Edge

disable device? yes please!

ting watches the others bang on the door, about to join them he realizes there appears to be a locking mechanism and asks, "do you's blokes mind if I's try tha lock?" He pulls out his wet tools and begins to work.

disable device: 1d20 + 20 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 20 - 1 = 39

if it is considered a trap then he adds 22-1 so that's a 41

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr decided to use his arcane casting ability, to cast FIST!


Ongoing

Even with a +20, he can still miss the DC.
As yes, i am home, looking into the PDF. :)

Brallenera smacks her fist into a piece of the mechanism, which doesn't seem to have the desired effect. In fact, the gear she struck seems to spin more quickly, and one closed chute re-opens.

Carr smacks the same spot, slightly pushing the dwarfess aside.
His strike jams the piece, closing a chute again.

Ting works diligently, cheating his way through the challenge.
Yes, this is actually considered cheating, as written. ^^

3 chutes closed. 2 to go.

Quinn's puzzling, inspiration bonus: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + (4) = 18
Opposed check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Yikes. Sorry about that.
Quinn's asked to be botted for a few days, irl has him/her busy.

While Quinn was sure he had solved a puzzle, pressing the gear backfired, and the 3rd chute closes.
===========================
The water level rises, and medium creatures will have to start making swim checks to move.

Round 5

Team pathfinder.

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Int: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Carr begins swimming, trying to keep himself below water, continuing to work the knobs and buttons. The water hampers movement, so he goes back to trying his luck with smarts rather than strength. He figures the mistress of mayhem can pick up on his hints of how to hit things and do a better job.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

int with inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + (3) = 17


Ongoing

Opposed checks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Carr and Quinn both notice a detail, and nodding in agreement, push two sets of gears at the same time, closing two more chutes.

One more to go.
Since following spoiler. GM miscalculated one.

Progress through rounds so far:

round 2
start : 0
B no progress, all chutes open
Quinn no progress, all chutes open
Carr +1
Ting +1

round 3
start: 2

B -1
Carr +1
Q +1
Ting -1

round 4
start 2

B -1
C +1
T +1
Q -1

round 5
C +1
Q +1

Brallenera & Ting

Liberty's Edge

swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
"Squawk" I ain't no bloody duck!" while attempting to keep his head above water ting fidgets with the door to try and stop the last cute.

assuming the swim check is 10...
disable: 1d20 + 20 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 20 - 1 = 32

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Swimming? Let's surf!: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
STR Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Ongoing

Ting cheats his way through another puzzle, and the 5th chute closes slowly close, removing the need of punching from Brallenera.

Over the next several seconds, all the water drains, leaving you alive, if soaked.


Ongoing

Any prepping to be done?
This is it, the final encounter.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Confident that this is the end, Quinn drinks his antitoxin, Antiplague, and extracts if shield, bull’s strength, bark skin and expeditious retreat.

anyone fancy enlarge person or my other extract of shield?

Liberty's Edge

Ting looks from Quinn to Brallenera, "Enlarge? So's we could super-size tha Mistress of Mayhem?" He lulls his tongue in a tengu smile.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, that could be helpful. I hope.Or maybe I'll get stuck somewhere, who knows?


Ongoing

I think that means a positive on enlarge person for the mistress of mayhem.

You open the door.....

Once-cheerful mosaics of smiling children and adults running through the streets of Absalom line the walls, but age and water damage smear the faces enough to make it seem as though they weep.

Sturdy work benches and bookshelves line the walls. An intricate mess of bronze chains, plates, pendulums, and gears that form a sort of astrolabe dangle high above the room. Catwalks spin out from the walls in three places, curving on a horizontal plane and meeting in an open circle in the middle of the room.

Between the catwalk circle dangles the body of a desiccated elf, ragged and dusty scraps of clothing barely covering his thin, bony body.
He seems to be dangled in a maze of chains connected to the massive astrolabe above and the chains clank silently as he lolls his head from side to side.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

"Well, well... that's new."

Quinn arches an eyebrow and his baritone rumbles on, "Who is that?"


Ongoing

The walkways, as is the elf, are 20ft up.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn passes Ting a shield extract.

"I'll take the left walkway."

Liberty's Edge

Ting nods his head and accepting the extract drinks it, "Tanks, I's'l 'ead ta tha wroight, takes it nice an' easy, wroight." Bastard sword gently wresting on his shoulder in his right talon, his left talon rests on his chakram pouch, He begins to move slowly to the right, keeping a keen eye out for traps and such.

perception: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 1 = 11
I know better than to roll perception dice: everytime I do it I wonder why I didn't take ten or twenty :|

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

the enlarged Brallenera is more preoccupied with keeping some decency- no peeking Under her dress!-than with her surroundings


Ongoing

When Ting eagerly, but cautiously, sets foot in the room, the elf's head bobbing stops.

"Huaaaaah!! Heretics, defilers...in the sanctum?!
You'll cough up the penalty, with your lives!!!"

Init:

B: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
C: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Q: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
T: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Crazed elf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Abysiel’s Chamber, round 1

Quinn
------------
Abysiel
------------
Carr & Ting
Brallenera


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

So, are those walkways curving down to the floor, or are they suspended?


Ongoing

Pardon.
The walkways can be reached by ladders.
Of note, a large creature trying to climb a stairs for a medium sized creature, does so akin to squeezing, along with its penalties.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Can’t edit map on the phone. Please move me.

Quinn sprints to the ladder on his left and climbs up on to the walkway, drawing his sword, ”Who are you? What is this?


Ongoing

I take it, that this is a 2x move?
You won't get up there in this turn, though.
In another game, ladders are mentioned at climbing 1/2 speed.
Unless i'm wrong, you'd spend 1st move to get near the ladder, and get 10ft up on your 2nd move.

"Who am i? Who are you? Who are we all?
The one from the stars will come onto this world, ha...hahahaha!"

As the crazy elf mutters some words, a wave of sluggishness comes at you.

Brallenera, dwarf trait: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18
Carr: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Ting: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Brallenera and Carr resist it, but Ting feels like everything is slowing down.

Ting, on slowed condition:

An affected creature moves and attacks at a drastically slowed rate. Creatures affected by this spell are staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for decreased speed.

Carr & Ting
Brallenera (go post ahead)

Liberty's Edge

Beginning to move to a ladder ting feels something intangible strike hem, realizing he is moving slower he glairs up at the elf, "OY, you's didn't need ta cheat, wroight!"


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn buffed with expeditious retreat: current base move of 60ft!

5,251 to 5,300 of 7,001 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.