GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


5,051 to 5,100 of 7,001 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

So, the pre-gen has no light source. Could we retcon that he bought some sunrods with his remaining 3gp?


Ongoing

No problem.
@ Ting: yes you were following tracks already.

Ting isn't getting an idea about the humanoid footprints, but these particular carapaces suggest beetles, to his knowledge.

The space is a large cavern, covered partially in fungi, moss and featuring a quiet underground pond.
The latter only Carr notices, with his sharp 60ft darkvision.

Liberty's Edge

Shrugging his shoulders, Ting continues moving forward, staying near the right wall. 'We'lls We's gots a walkin' Bull ta find so's on we's go wroight." Keeping a keen eye out for anything unusual.

Still moving slow, taking 10(21) on perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ongoing

Sorry for the lack of updates.
Yet, only Ting posts since Wednesday? :)

Ting sees nothing unusual, and closely sticks to the wall.
Then comes a moment, when he steps on a patch of fungus....

Noises are heard, and at various points, beetles burst from the ground.

Quinn, could you put your stats under your header please, thanks.

Init:

Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Carr: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Quinn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Ting Tang: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Beetles: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


===================
Beetles, round 1

Quinn & Ting
Carr
------------
Beetles
------------
Brallenera


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Will do. Is this individuals, or a swarm?

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Aww, come back Beaky, we can fight these insect here, the tunnel isn't too wide...

Brallenera calls Ting


Ongoing

I'd mention a juicy swarm by [beetle swarm], so you're safe. ;)


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn steps forward and narrows his eyes, focussing on the beetle directly North of him. Studied Combat

Liberty's Edge

ting looks around quickly nodding his head in agreement with Brallenera, 'You's may be wroight, Mistress!" he then hustles back toward the others, drawing an acid flask as he goes.


Ongoing

Unfortunately you can't draw a potion/flask as part of your movement. Unless you are a certain level in the rogue's archetype - Underground Chemist.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

I fear I have made a tactical error...


Ongoing

I'd agree more if it were a swarm. This many beetles, usually means individually weak.

Liberty's Edge

GM Chyro wrote:
Unfortunately you can't draw a potion/flask as part of your movement. Unless you are a certain level in the rogue's archetype - Underground Chemist.
if this was aimed at ting he took Two move actions, one to move to the team, the second to draw a flask
GM Chyro wrote:
I'd agree more if it were a swarm. This many beetles, usually means individually weak.

so they are not swarms, but individual beetles? I'm feeling better about this already :-)

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr begins casting a spell, so that on his next turn he may employ many smashings on beetles. "Make me some room," he says, between arcane gestures.


Ongoing

Quinn observes the nearest beetle.

[Cue cinematic view of narrowed eyes]

And while Ting hurries back to the others, Carr is starting to cast something.
------------
Beetles
Blue, Cyan and green advance onf Quinn.

Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cyan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Cyan bites Quinn in the leg, the other two don't hit by a long shot.

Orange, purple and red burrow themselves, moving towards an unknowing party of adventurers.

[Orange, purple, red: burrowed]
-------------
Brallenera

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

+1 Axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Brallenera advance to help Quinn, not knowing if he can hold his ground in a fight

Awww, time to make some beetlejuice...


Ongoing

The 1st beetle gets it, and turns into a pile of mush at Quinn's feet.
==================

Beetles, round 2

Quinn & Ting
|Carr
------------
Beetles

[Orange, purple & red burrowed]
------------
Brallenera

Liberty's Edge

'What was I thinking?' Ting lulls his tongue in a tengu smile. tucking the acid flask back in his pouch. He steps forward, grasping his bastard sword in both talons and swings it at the nearest beetle, "Well's we's should be able's ta finish 'eas buggers wit out wastin' tha acid, wroight."

move action: returns the acid, 5 ft step, attacks yellow: + 1 bastard sword, two handed, PA, FF
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 15
confirm crit.: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Carr doubles in size, his form straining a bit to fit in the space he has available, though he manages. He doesn't see the burrowed bugs, so he simply tries to extricate himself from the corner. Taking AoO from Cyan, looks like. New AC is 21 due to growth.


Ongoing

Ting, that's orange, and it's burrowed.
I'll switch that to blue.

Ting hacks up the blue beetle, and beetle mush splatters onto Quinn's right boot.

Carra passes his comrades by, AoO bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Despite Carr being a bigger target, the beetle misses.

Quinn
------------
Beetles
Cyan
[Orange, purple & red burrowed]
------------
Brallenera


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn lashes out at the nearest beetle.
attack, sword cane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Ongoing

Quinn slashes with his sword cane, and manages to deapitate the beetle.
--------------
The three remaining beetles emerge from the ground one after another near Ting.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Red manages to bite his ankle.
---------------
Brallenera

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

The beetle attack on Ting doesn't get without retaliation.

+1 axe on red beetle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Awww, bad beetle, don't bite my feathery friend!


Ongoing

It's a bug killing fest! Another bug gets axed.

Pun wholly intended.
=======================

Beetles, round 3

Quinn & Ting
Carr
-----------
Orange & purple

Liberty's Edge

"Ouch! Well, you's is one ugly bug, wroight." ting studies the bug to his south and then attacks it with his sword, he then steps back to the east.

Move action: Studied target-orange; attacks orange: + 1 bastard sword, two handed, PA, FF, ST, 5 ft step
attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 = 17


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn steps forward 5ft step, focuses his attention studied combat, move action and strikes at the purple beetle.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Ongoing

And just like that, the final two beetles get taken care of.

Combat over!

And weapons smeared with bug mush.

Liberty's Edge

"Well's 'at was easy peasy, wroight. Glad em's buggers didn't 'ave any swarmy relatives." Ting rests his blade on his shoulder ignoring the bug mush and toddles around the cavern inspecting it quickly before he heads north to what appears to be the continuation of the cave.

ting will take 10(21) on perception inspecting the cave then head to the north.


Ongoing

Ting, or anyone looking around alongside him, notice a few beetle nests.
While most of them are empty, one yields loot.

Loot:

3 pots of CMW, 1 scroll of lesser restoration, cloak of resist +1

Ting notices the tunnel he's heading into, leads into a very big hall.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Quinn reaches into a nest and produces a bundled cloak which he unravels.
Within he finds a divine scroll which he passes to Carr, "Hopefully you may make good use of this?"

Then he distributes a potion of CMW, one each to Brallenera, Ting and himself.

Seeing that Carr also lacks a cloak, Quinn passes that to the aasimar.

"Well, onwards I suppose."

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Huh, I do lack a cloak. That's crazy. I shall have to fix that sometime soon. I still have to also add my level of bar-bar-ian.

"Should we need to," says giant Carr, as he slips the scroll into a pocket carefully. He keeps his sword and shield out as he heads forward.


Ongoing

Hmm? Ian the Barber? Is that your alter ego? ;)

Liberty's Edge

hearing Quinn say "Onward" ting nods his head in agreement "When you's is wroight, you's is wroight." and proceeds around the bend in the tunnel to the north.

ting will take his time so he can take 10(21) on perception, continuing through the cavern system.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera speaks to Quinn

Awww, that wasn't too bad. I was afraid your little stick wouldn't be very efficient against a foe, but you seem to know how to use it.


Ongoing

The natural caverns suddenly give way to worked stone and metal fixtures. Dangling glass balls flicker and cast a weak, greenish glow across the chamber.

Ahead, a series of greentiled, wide, terraced stairs slope up to an imposing bronze door, partly torn from its hinges.
The stairs bear hundreds of symbols that seem to warp and flicker.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, isn't that strange? Do your thing, Beaky and Stickman...

Liberty's Edge

"I ain't never seen stairs like 'at a'fore, wroight." Looking from the stairs to the Dwarf, and back again, ting cautiously moves through the room. Then, moving at a snails pace, carefully inspects the stairs.

ting will take 10 (21) on perception for the room but will take 20(31) on perception for the warping and flickering stairs. Just in case the stairs are trapped
disable trap: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42


Ongoing

The others follow Ting just a mere 10ft away, as he moves across the room.
As he approaches the ruined door and steps, he takes a little too much of his chances...

Jump: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Club during jump, high ground: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21 Thump, SA: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (1) = 4

Jump: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Club during jump, high ground: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17 Thump, SA: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (6) = 11

Two ugly humanoids leap through the air, clobbering Ting over the head.
As they land, they shreek in some illegible tongue.

Undercommon:

"Strange folk! Intruders!"

Two beetles pop up from the local debris.

Kn. Nature DC 12, uglies:

These degenerate humanoids are morlocks, subterranian savages.

Extra info per +5.


------------------------
Init:

Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Carr: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Quinn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Ting: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Beetles: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Uglies: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

The door to the maze, round 1

Uglies, already at a slightly bruised Ting, go 1st.
Blue swings its club, before moving back towards the wall.
Blue club, special tactics: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 Dmg, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (5) = 11

Jump up the wall: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15, and it fails a proper jump.

Green leaps west, swinging its club as it goes.
Jump: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Green club, high ground leap: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 Dmg, SA: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (4) = 8

They had more success lying in an ambush, than they do in a straight up fight.
---------------------
Brallenera
---------------------
Beetles
---------------------
Carr, Quinn & Ting

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Axe high, Bralleneta rushes to the attack

+1 axe: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Dmg, +1 axe, trait: 1d10 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9

But she nearly trips on the unstable ground


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

know+inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 8 + (6) = 33


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

”Morlocks, I wrote a study on these...”


Ongoing

Quinn:

And from said study you recall:

They are expert climbers, can attack while jumping around, and are so used to fighting in close confinements, that they cn share the same space to attack an opponent.

Indeed the debris is causing some planned discomfort to Brallenera's balance, and the beetle is spared mushification...for now.
--------------
Blue beetle tries biting Brallenera in return.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, but she merely lifts her foot and avoids it alltogether.

Green moves up to Ting.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, this one manages to nibble his foot, though.
----------------
Carr, Quinn & Ting

Liberty's Edge

"What tha blazes?" Realizing he's been bitten by something Ting looks down and studies the creature for a moment, he then swings his sword at the beetle. green

Move action: Studied target, attacks green: + 1 bastard sword, two handed, PA, FF ST
attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male N Aasimar Oracle 4 / Barbarian 2 | HP 47/47 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Rage: 7/7, Martial Flexibility: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 1) + 6 = 15

Carr moves up and if the beetle Ting is smashing isn't quite smashed he will try to strike that one, if that one has been smooshed, he goes for the blue 'critter' instead.


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

”Morllcks: They are expert climbers, can attack while jumping around, and are so used to fighting in close confinements, that they cn share the same space to attack an opponent.”


Ongoing

Ting's bastardsword hews into the beetle's head, and as he's about to lift his sword, the beetle's coming up with it, causing Ting to shake it off with some effort.

Carr ignoring the bird's plight, he goes after the other one.
The bug skitters to the side in time to avoid impact.

Quinn


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

Wishing to simplify the combat, Quinn lunges for the remaining beetle.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Ongoing

The bug narrowly dodges Quinn's attack.
=========================

The door to the maze, round 2

Jump: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Clubbing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
In a leap, blue clobbers Ting over the head.

Acro vs aoo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Green is nimble enough to avoid Brallenera's axe, and moves up to join blue.
Club, special tactics: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 Dmg, SA: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3) = 7

But contrary to his buddy, he sucks at hitting this time.
---------------
Brallenera
---------------
Beetle
---------------
Carr, Quinn & Ting


Male Human Investigator 4 | HP 31/31 (8nl) | Init +1 | Perc +8 | AC 15/11/15 (currently 20/10/20) | Fort+3; Ref+6; Will+6/7/8

So, this is like ride-by attack, or fly-by attack, only it's leap-by attack?!


Ongoing

Yes.

5,051 to 5,100 of 7,001 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.