GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,422 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"I think we're alright, are you alright? The scorched hair smell hasn't done you any favors, Barkot." Reillana hovers near the half-orc in case he needs any additional healing, but when he starts healing himself she turns back to the magic circle.

Is it still there? If so does it look any different?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

"A bit singed, but I'm good..."


Shattered Star Maps

The circle is still there. The runes are still glowing. The flame in the center of the room still burns, giving off both light and heat.

Reillana still gets an uncomfortable feeling from the circle that nobody else senses.

Going back to your Spellcraft check, which got a bit interrupted by the elementals
Reillana studies the runes carefully. The magic emanating from them is frayed, similar to the statue in the previous room, making it hard to determine the actual effect.

The elementals did cross the boundary of the circle, though. Whatever the current effect, it wasn't designed to keep the elementals imprisoned.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I might could help with those runes, Reillana," Squint mentions, hopping off of Ulyi and walking slowly towards the circle.

Spellcraft Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Oh, and we're not hurt, but thanks for asking."

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Speak for yourself. I'm metaphysically in agony every time I get mounted and rode into combat. I was an elite legionnaire in the guard at the Skyward Cliffs in Nirvana, for Ylimancha's sake. Now I'm a glorified pony to a turnip."

Ulyi continues grumbling a bit more, but in a fluttery language none of you understand.


Shattered Star Maps

With Reillana and Squint working together, they examine the effect ignoring the frayed pieces of magic and looking only at the resulting effect.

They can't be sure what the original intent was, but now the circle is functioning as a Magic Circle Against Law.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"Against law? With devils and abyssal creatures roaming the place?" Squint shakes his head. "It doesn't make sense; you'd think it would be protection against chaos to protect the summoner from the perverting effects of the...."

Squint blinks, looks at Reillana and then Ulyi, then stammers.

"I-i-i-i-mean, I think that's what it is."


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot gives himself a sniff and shrugs. "Yeah, I'm good. Paë, let's getcha healed up all da way 'fore we get ambushed by giant cockroaches or a demon slug or somet'ing."

Paëral, go ahead and roll 1d8+1 to get healed and I'll mark another charge off of the wand.

"Magic Circle 'Gainst Law, huh? Any idea how long dat spell's been here?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral nods to Barkot and smiles. ”Much obliged...”

Only down 5, so I’ll take the average, if that’s OK with the GM...


Shattered Star Maps

Out of Combat average healing is fine by me. (1 zap = 5, 2 zaps = 11)


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"It's okay, Squint, I think you're right," Reillana reassures her companion, shaking her head in puzlement at the circle. Is there still a smaller flame inside it? Or is it empty now?

"Well I suppose it'll have to remain one of the Irespan's little mysteries for a bit longer. Maybe we could lure a devil into it, if we encounter more. Shall we continue?"


Shattered Star Maps

The small flame is still there.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint snaps to at Reillana's comment.

"Yes! Of course - this circle would protect against the denizens of Hell, like those nupperibos, but not the abyssal larva that we fought because that creature comes from the chaotic realm of the outer spheres..."

Squint glances back at Ulyi.

"I'm talking too much, aren't I?"


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"You're fine, Squint. If we press on, let's keep our heads on a swivel in case this ring spits out any more elementals."


Shattered Star Maps

Looking down the hallway on the other side of the room, Paeral sees a door a short distance south. The hallway continues past the door. It appears to open into a room.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral will draw his bow and sneak down to the doorway and peek inside...

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Shattered Star Maps

Quietly reaching the door and opening it a crack, Paeral looks in to see a small room with a red curtain of rusty chains blocking the view of an alcove to the south.

The only things in the room are three large lumps of what might be flesh.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot moves carefully around the magic circle to the room's exit, avoiding getting anywhere near the flame.

"Hey, Paë!" The half-orc's hoarse whisper floats down the hallway to the rogue. "D'ya see anyt'ing?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Sorry, could’ve swore I posted this yesterday...

Paëral waves his friends forward, holding a finger to his lips as they approach. Pointing out the fleshy mounds, he whispers, ”What d’ya make of that?”

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"What's up ahead?" Squint hesitantly whispers out from atop the eidolon.

Squint has re-mounted the eidolon.


Shattered Star Maps

GM Screen:
3d20 ⇒ (15, 11, 14) = 40

Reacting to the sounds of the whispers, the mounds of flesh start moving, resolving into vaguely humanoid shaped creatures. They appear to have arms, legs, torso, and head, but seem more like molded meat than an actual creature.

You aren't sure if the things have eyes or mouths, but their arms end in vicious looking claws.

Knowledge(Planes)

Initiative:

Paëral: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Barkot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Squint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Deric: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Reillana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Round 1
BOLD may act

Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)

Blue
Paeral
Green
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi
Red

Raillana and Deric, you are not yet aware that the creatures are moving, but it is still reasonable to start moving toward the rooms. You know that Paeral was concerned about something

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Knowledge Planes Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

When available, Squint thinks he knows something....


Shattered Star Maps

Squint:
They are Lemures. Lesser devils that are the repository for newly damned souls. They have DR 5/good or silver, are immune to fire, poison, and mind efects. They are resistant to acid and cold.

Naturally, you'll need to see them first. :)


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric moves to Paeral as quietly as possible and looks at him for a signal.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"What are we whispering about, boys?" Reillana says softly as she leaves the mysterious flame and its ring of magic and joins the two by the door. Spotting the the writhing mounds of flesh she starts. "What in the Hells are those?!"

Double Move!


Shattered Star Maps

Blue pushes through the partially opened door.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Blue
Paeral
Green
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi
Red

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral moves 5' NE and fires at the blue blob...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 20
Cold Iron Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 18
Cold Iron Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Shattered Star Maps

Both arrows strike the creature, but the flesh resists the impact. The first arrow falls to the ground without piercing. The second arrow does a small amount of damage.

Green follows Blue out of the room, claws twitching.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Blue -3
Paeral
Green
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi

Red

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

”It’s a lemure!” Squint cries out. ”Lesser devils that are the repository for newly damned souls. They are resistant to any weapon that is not good-aligned or silver, are immune to fire, poison, and mind effects, and are furthermore resistant to acid and cold.”

Squint blinks at the nonplussed expressions of his colleagues. ”Or so I’ve heard....Ulyi! To arms!”

The halfling and Ulyi move into combat, Squint aiming his lance dangerously over Deric’s shoulder.

Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Melee Attack, Silver, Reach: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

”Filthy devilkin...” Ulyi growls as they snake their head around Deric to bite.

Melee Attack, Reach, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Ratzin' fratzin' 20' move speed and crowded hallways and hard corners...

"Ya got dat right, Ulyi!"

Barkot takes a five-foot step, draws his wand of bless, and calls for the blessing of Soralyon upon the Pathfinders.


Shattered Star Maps

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 1

Red moves into the hallway.

@Deric, if you have the ranseur out, you can take an AoO with cover
@Reillana, if you have a weapon out, you can take an AoO

Round 2
BOLD may act
Bless round 1/10

Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)

Blue -3
Paeral
Green -13
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi
Red


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

No melee weapon out, sadly

Drawing her sword, Reillana puts her back to the wall and makes a few feints at the lemures, trying to keep them away from her until her allies can take them down. "Deric, be my shining knight and send them back to Hell, would you?"

Draw Weapon, Total Defense (AC20)


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

" My pleasure, Rei."
Deric takes advantage of his reach weapon as green approaches him.
magical ranseur: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 15 bab+str magical weapons training two handed
damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 1 + 1 + 10 = 19 magical, training, overhand
He then strikes at blue,
magical ranseur: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 22 bab+str magical weapons training two handed
damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 1 + 1 + 10 = 16 magical, training, overhand
He cleaves to red
magical ranseur: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 25 bab+str magical weapons training two handed
damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 1 + 1 + 10 = 19 magical, training, overhand


Shattered Star Maps

Deric's AoO misses the red lemure, but he is then able to cleave both blue and red with his attack.

Both fall, forming loose piles of flesh on the floor.

Round 2
BOLD may act
Bless round 1/10

Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Paeral
Green -13
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral moves 5' N and fires a silver arrow at green...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 14
Silver Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6


Shattered Star Maps

The arrow misses, and green turns to attack Deric, only managing to scratch his armor.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Claw 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As the lemure attacks, Reillana hears the sound of metal rattling from the direction of the room.

Round 2
BOLD may act
Bless round 1/10

Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Paeral
Green -13
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint stabs again at the lemure in front of Deric.

"Go down, you hellacious bag of slop!"

Melee Attack, Silver, Reach, Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"This thing tastes like hot, wet garbage. Still --- OM NOM NOM!"

Melee Attack, Bite, Reach, Power Attack, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shattered Star Maps

Squint's thrust finishes the lemure.

As the party catches their breath, a high-pitched voice calls out from the direction of the door.

"Oh, well done! You have passed the first test with flying colors. Spendid!

You will all earn important and valuable positions in the domain of the Suzerain of Little Erebus."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric moves to the door to see who this is. He makes every effort to remain expressionless. Then he remembers he is wearing a visored helmet.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Squint ponders what the words 'Little Erebus' and 'suzerain' might mean.

"Did you all just hear that?"


Shattered Star Maps

Squint knows that Erebus is the third layer of Hell.

He has no idea what a Suzerain might be. Knowledge Nobility might help


Shattered Star Maps

Deric sees nothing.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I don't know what 'suzerain' is, but Erebus is a part of Hell, the halfling whispers conspiratorially. "I don't want to be part of any domain in Hell, even a small one."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Show yourself. I am Deric Vel. Shall I pass another test at this time? He raises the new toy and readies a strike.


Shattered Star Maps

The voice calls out again, this time from behind and above Squint.

"The Suzerain is me, little one. When you join my dominion, we shall see to your education... and to a better suited pet, I think."

A short burst of slow laughter punctuates the statement, then cuts off. "The big one cuts to the heart of the matter, though. Allow me to explain."

The voice moves to near the ceiling, somewhere in the center of the party. "Little Erebus has an invader. A self-styled lord not content to abase himself to The Suzerain. This Lord Baz...". The voice makes a spitting noise. "...has captured some of my minions and carved off part of my domain. I have two tasks for you.

First, rescue my minions. Then, kill Lord Baz and bring me his disgusting head as proof. Great riches will be your reward, and the honor of becoming my vassals."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric points the tip of his ranseur in the direction of the voice. "Show yourself."


Shattered Star Maps

From further to the south the voice calls out. "I may choose to allow you to gaze upon my majesty, but only once you have proven yourself worthy by completing my tasks."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Then be on your way. We have our own business to tend to."

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,422 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.