GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,214 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I SAID," re-emphasises to the party examining the statue, "that we should burn this thing's corpse." He then notices the ranseur held by Barkot.

Cast detect magic.

Squint winces in anticipation at the overwhelming glow.


Shattered Star Maps

Both the statue and the ranseur glow with magical auras.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"Those are both magical," Squint offers. "Can someone please help me burn this thing?" The halfling hops down off of Ulyi and dumps his lone oil flask over the maggot-infested creature.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot casts spark onto the oil Squint dumps onto the disgusting corpse.

"Dey got dat glow, huh? Whaddaya t'ink dey do, Squint?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral watches warily as the maggot creature is lit up, keeping an eye on the fire to make sure it doesn’t spread elsewhere...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Shattered Star Maps

The oil bursts into flames and the larva's slowly dissolving corpse begins burning, emitting a harsh, acrid, and smoke into the room. With only one open door, the room quickly fills with the smoke.

Eyes burning, the party starts gagging and coughing. The larva's corpse, being resistant to fire and covered in slime only burns a little bit, but the result in the room is horrendous.

The entire party is now sickened. If you don't exit the room immediately, I'm probably going to start applying choking rules.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric exits the way they came in.

Previous action
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral moves swiftly out of the room...


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"It was a worthy effort, Squint," Reillana manages in a strained voice as she exits hard on Deric and Paëral's heels. "Do you think there's much risk of it...mutating? Resurrecting? Something horrible like that?"


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot staggers out of the room, coughing. "OK, note to self, burnin' t'ings in enclosed spaces ain't such a hot idea."

Reillana Myerishil wrote:
"It was a worthy effort, Squint," Reillana manages in a strained voice as she exits hard on Deric and Paëral's heels. "Do you think there's much risk of it...mutating? Resurrecting? Something horrible like that?"

"Beats da Hells outta me. If it does, dat's a pretty good reason not ta be anywhere near it, right?"

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint coughs and hacks, spitting up globs of mucous in a most un-cool way.

"I....I-don't know....it's j-j-just that it's Abyssal, right? *ACK* It seems logical that it's resistant to fire, I guess. I dunno *HACK* I thought that it'd be good to destroy it completely."

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Is it ok to breathe yet, or does it still smell like you've attended Curry Night?" Ulyi sneers.

Ulyi and Squint moved out of the corrupted room with the others.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"We should inspect the statue and ranseur closer when the air clears."


Shattered Star Maps

After a ten minutes or so, the smoke clears enough that the party feels safe reentering the room. The stench may never go away, but the party if free to continue exploring as they wish.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

I think Barkot took the ranseur when they left - he wouldn’t have dropped it when they left the room.

Once the group has stopped choking, Barkot holds out the ranseur to Reillana and Squint. "If we're gonna wait fer da smoke ta clear out, mebbe you guys could figger out what dis t'ing does?"

Barkot will learn detect magic with his next cantrip, I swear.


Shattered Star Maps

Reillana casts Detect Magic on the ranseur and concentrates.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

She determines that it is a +1 cold iron ranseur.

Once the smoke clears, she also attempts to examine the statue but is unable to determine anything positive. The magical flows are odd, looking a bit like an old sweater with frayed threads sticking out in various directions.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Anyone care to pick a direction?


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"Spire's Voice," Reillana breathes as she identifies the ranseur. "Do you think the statue had some sort of religious significance? Or perhaps it was a construct whose enchantment faded with time... I can't imagine keeping magical weapons around as mere decoration."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"Maybe it's just waiting for us to re-enter before it animates and tries to clock us," Squint mutters ruefully, wiping at his streaming nose now that the coughing fit has passed.

Spellcraft Check (on the statue, if allowed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral shrugs and checks the door to the east...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Shattered Star Maps

The door has no traps, and is not locked, though it is caked with slime. Scraping away as much slime as possible reveals a latch that is scratched and deeply tarnished but still functional. Cracking the door open reveals a short hallway leading to a room with a staircase leading down.

Inside of the room are four vaguely humanoid figures with waxy looking flesh that hangs off of them in ropes. The figures are holding spears standing in the center of the room completely motionless.

The check for these creatures is Planes based

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The dice roller hates me.

Squint looks at the things with revulsion.

"At least they're not spiders..."


Shattered Star Maps

Good enough... if only you could see them.

As Squint attempts to peer into the darkness, the creatures become aware of him and shuffle forward to attack. As they come within range of his light, Squint jumps back, but gets a good look at them.

Squint knows the creatures to be Nupperibos, the very least of devils. They are nearly mindless slaves to any devil more powerful than them.

Initiative:

Paëral: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Barkot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Squint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Ulyi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Deric: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Reillana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
White: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Red: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Green: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Fortunately, the rolls play out with my flavor. I'll have Squint delay until Red double moves forward

Round 1
BOLD may act

Red
Squint
Ulyi

White
Paeral
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Blue
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Reillana
Green

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

”Ah!” Squint calls out. ”Devil-kin! Stomp them, friends!”

He then has Ulyi move forward and stabs out with his lance.

Lance, Reach, Silver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

Ulyi does his part and bites the nupperibo.

Melee Attack, Reach, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shattered Star Maps

The lance parts the devil's flesh easily. It looks down as black ichor drips down its chest with an expression of bewilderment. The spear drops to the ground and the devil's body soon follows.

Watching the other devils, Ulyi prepares to bite when one gets close.

He doesn't wait long as White moves next, double-moving in close. Ulyi reaches but his bite goes wide. The devil keeps coming, trying to get in range with its spear (and provoking).

Round 1
BOLD may act

Red
Squint AoO on White
Ulyi AoO on White
White
Paeral
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)

Blue
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Reillana
Green


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Unfortunately, Barkot is not proficient with the magical cold iron ranseur - meant to offer it to Deric earlier but got tied up this week. Barkot drops it at Squint's cry, and will suggest that Deric take it for now once this combat is over.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Hopefully that's enough to let Barkot remember whether they have DR and what bypasses it? If it is, he draws whatever melee weapon is most likely to bypass it (longsword or silver mace). If not, Barkot draws his longsword.

"Hang on, buddy!" Barkot lumbers forward into the room, drawing his weapon TBD as he double-moves heedlessly past the white nupperibo into a flank with Squint and Ulyi.


Shattered Star Maps

DR 5/ good or silver.
Barkot also knows they are resistant to acid and cold

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Assuming Barkot shares what he knows, I'll use silver arrows this encounter, but I only have 6 left...

Paëral moves south and fires a silver arrow at white...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 20
Silver Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 8


Shattered Star Maps

I'll wait to see if Squint wants to take that AoO or not. Might eliminate an AoO on Barkot. Will target blue with Paeral's arrow if white goes down

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint yells out, first in victory as the initial nupperibo falls, but then in alarm as the next charges in. He tries to get his lance around for a useful strike before the creature stabs him with its spear.

Melee Attack, Reach, Silver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"There are more!" he yells.

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"These things taste horrible," Ulyi remarks, attempting to bite the second foe nonetheless.

Melee Attack, Bite, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Shattered Star Maps

Squint and Ulyi team up to take White down, Paeral's arrow then brings blue down. One left. He doesn't look the least bit intimidated.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Reillana

Green


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Raising her loaded crossbow from the larva fight Reillana whispers a quick enchantment and fires it into the little devil's chest.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Shattered Star Maps

That is an extremely narrow angle and going through Ulyi's space and a door, but it checks out. It's a hand crossbow, right? Looks like 3rd range increment, through cover, that's a -8 to hit

Taking steady aim, Reillana shoots her crossbow. The bolt whizzes past Squint's lance, plucking a feather from Ulyi's head and hits the devil squarely in the chest.

Reillana, feeling the success before the bolt even took flight, begins to cheer, but the devil's skin seems to just stretch, absorbing the impact. The bolt falls to the ground.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric double moves to get to the action. He intends to protect his party from this hideous thing.


Shattered Star Maps

Green charges! The spear scrapes along the front of Deric's armor finding no seam.

Spear: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 = 17

Round 2
BOLD may act

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Reillana

Green


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"YEA--awwww..."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral fires at green...

Longbow: 1d10 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 17
Silver Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Sorry! "Use silver weapons if ya got 'em! Nice work, guys!"

Barkot steps up next to Deric and swings at the remaining devil.

Mace, silver: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

”I can’t get through or attack - do y’all need me?” Squint asks with concern.

No way to attack safely. I’ll delay.

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

”Likely not,” Ulyi snarls. ”But they could use my assistance, I’m sure.”


Shattered Star Maps

I'll let Deric take out the last one so he feels like he contributed. Paeral can save his arrow.

End Initiative


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric feels like he has contributed as he drops the silver hater.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot thought he contributed until he realized that Squint and Ulyi didn't use or need the flanking bonus on their attack rolls to take down the white devil.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Better to be there & not needed than the inverse!

"Well that was bracing," Reillana rolls one of the devil's corpses over to get a better look. "Were they summoned?"


Shattered Star Maps

The devil corpses are carrying nothing but the spears they were holding and a small amount of clothing to keep them modest. This is a family show :)


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot picks up the ranseur from the statue of Alaznist and offers it to Deric.

"I dunno if we wanna keep dis t'ing or turn it over ta da Society, but while we're down here, Deric, yer gonna be able ta get more use outta it den I can."

Barkot asks Soralyon for guidance before taking a quick look around the room. If he doesn't see anything worth spending time on, he growls, "Whaddaya t'ink? Keep headin' down?"

Perception, take 10, guidance: 10 + 5 + 1 = 16


Shattered Star Maps

The room is completely bare. No decorations, no furnishings, just the four guards.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Thanks, Barkot." Derick inspects the ranseur. "An interesting weapon. It has reach and I could possibly disarm a foe with the tip."

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,214 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.