GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,414 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana tilts her head, staring at Squint and Deric curiously. "I'm surprised at you both. Doesn't it seem crass to kill him for it? We could deliver his favorite pet and request the other bracer as our reward, instead of this supposed diamond."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"I believe your wisdom to be quality guidance, Rei. But, killing is kind of what I do. So, I tend to err on that side."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I didn't suggest that we kill him!" Squint says indignantly. "Though that would solve a problem..."

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Yes.....let your hate flow within you...." the eidolon drops with obvious sarcasm.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot grunts in surprise. "Dat seems a little much, don't it? Killin' somebody who's tryin' ta kill us, well, dat's just common sense. But I t'ink we got enough t'ings down here tryin' ta kill us, we don't need ta get all da little blue guys comin' after our heads too."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric smiles at Barkot's remarks while turning his head so that their eyes do not meet. "Lead the way, Paëral. I will clean up what you stir up."


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana casts Light and falls in with the others.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Shattered Star Maps

So far, it apoears the group has abdicated the choice on up or down to the player who indicated he would be out of contact. I can bot the decision, if you like...


Shattered Star Maps

Descending the shallow stairs eventually leads the party to a doorway. Paeral inspects the door and finds no traps. Listening reveals a slurping noise that appears to be moving.

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 19

As the rest of the party draws near, the slurping sound stops.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot taps Paëral on the shoulder and speaks in a grating whisper. "How 'bout we trade places, Paë? You c'n fire yer arrows past us, but I can't swing my sword over yer head."

Switching positions with the rogue, the half-orc draws his sword and says a quick prayer to Soralyon. Barkot casts shield of faith, giving him a +2 deflection bonus to AC for 4 minutes.

He gives Deric a nod, then looks around to the others. "Ev'rybody ready?"


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric joins Barkot at the front. "Ready." He opens the door.


Shattered Star Maps

Through the door, you see an octagonal chamber with a red statue of Runelord Alaznist holding her trademark ranseur. Closed doors lead in the other three cardinal directions.

The floors and lower walls of the chamber are coated in thick layers of slime. Crawling through the slime (and apparently the source of it) is what appears to be a Large sized maggot with a gaping maw filled with sharp teeth.

Letting out a disturbing screech, the maggot starts to lurch forward.

The Knowledge check is Planes based

Initiative:

Paëral: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Barkot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Squint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Deric: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Reillana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Maggot: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Shattered Star Maps

Current Status
BOLD may act

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)

Maggot


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric charges the thing and lets his greataxe do what a greataxe does.

masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15

The odds of 2 ones is quite high imo.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"Ick! What in the hells is that?" Squint exclaims.

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Ulyi! Get us close, but not too close!" The halfling directs the eidolon and then attempts to cast from the saddle.

Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Ranged Touch Attack (Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d3 ⇒ 1


Shattered Star Maps

The blob of acid hits the creature and drips off of its side. It doesn't seem to notice.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot charges in behind Deric, Squint, and Ulyi.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Great. Should've saved that for my attack roll.

"I gotta pretty good idea what dis t'ing is! Tell ya in a sec!"

@GM - WTF is that thing?

Longsword, charge: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Shattered Star Maps

The creature is known as an Abyssal Larva, a denizen of the Abyss. Barkot may ask two additional questions.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana's eyes flicker back and forth between Barkot and the creature. "Well?!" she demands.

Better post after the knowledges are revealed.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Damage reduction? Special attacks?


Shattered Star Maps

Barkot knows that the Larvae has no damage reduction and that it can spray a creature with a stream of maggots that will sicken the creature for a number of rounds.

In addition, he knows that the Larvae is resistant to acid, cold, and fire.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral moves 5' south and fires a couple of arrows at the creature Barkot ID'ed...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 17
Cold Iron/Sneak Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (5, 2) = 11

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 22
Cold Iron/Sneak Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + (2, 6) = 18


Shattered Star Maps

The first arrow bounces off of the Larvae's thick skin, but the second pierces, and the creature bellows loudly.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint cries out in epiphany as Barkot identifies the creature.

"Of course! A denizen of the Abyss! I should've known, but what is it doing here, gods-be damned?"

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Spreading the corrupting influence of Pazuzu most likely," Ulyi remarks off-handedly. "I look forward to ridding this plane of one of these pests, for Ylimancha!"

A bit embarrassing that Squint didn't recognise this thing, given the fact that Ulyi worships Ylimancha, the goddess that directly opposes Pazuzu, the likely source of this thing.


Shattered Star Maps

Round 1
BOLD may act

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Reillana
Deric -0 (DEX -1)
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Maggot -18


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

As Deric stares at the larva up close, he notices maggots attempting to emerge from a crevice in its face. Oh no..."Rei, please kill it now."


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Stepping into the room, Reillana begins to sing her elven battle-hymns.

Move + Inspire Courage


Shattered Star Maps

The Larva bites at Deric, then takes a careful slither away. The bite manages to find the kinks in his armor and leaves behind a liquid that bubbles and smokes on the armor Additional acid damage

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (4) = 13

Round 1
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage Round 1

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Reillana
Deric -13 (DEX -1)
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)

Maggot -18

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint sees his opening as the abyssal larva retreats.

"For Chaldira! For Ylimancha!" the halfling shouts, spurring Ulyi into a charge and holding onto his lance with both hands.

Using one use of my Adaptable Luck trait (+3 as it's combined with Fate's Favored and is before I roll!)

Melee Attack, Charge, Lance, Silver, Inspire Courage, Two-Hands: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 3 = 182d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 18

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

Ulyi punctuates Squint's attack with a snaky-neck bite.

Melee Bite Attack, Charge, Reach, Power Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Shattered Star Maps

Not a charge, but it does not impact the result. Squint misses, Ulyi hits.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Holding her position while her allies assail the abyssal grub, Reillana draws and loads her crossbow.

I didn't specify I had it out, so no attack this turn. Maintain Inspire Courage

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral moves 5' west and fires twice more at the maggot monster...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 21
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 20
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric takes a 5 foot step due north, draws his waterskin and quaffs.


Shattered Star Maps

Yesterday, the water in the skin tasted clear and sweet. Today, it tastes metallic and gritty. Deric spits it out. There is no noticeable effect.


Shattered Star Maps

Paeral's first arrow hits, but the second is deflected, skidding off of the slime.

Round 2
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage Round 2

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Reillana
Deric -13 (DEX -1)
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Maggot -37


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

"It's a big one, too! I gotta feelin' we're gonna need all da help we c'n get." Barkot pops out his wand of bless and asks Soralyon's favor for the Pathfinders once again.


Shattered Star Maps

As Ulyi's bite tears off a chunk of the Larva's flesh, the creature wheels around with a scream of pain. Its eyes seem to focus on the glowing lance as it moves in and bites at Squint but can't find an angle on the diminutive warrior.

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Round 3
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage Round 2
Bless Round 1/10

Squint
Ulyi
Paeral
Reillana
Deric -13 (DEX -1)
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)

Maggot -37


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric moves up and swings his greataxe at the maggot.
masterwork greataxe: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 27
damage: 1d12 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15


Shattered Star Maps

The larva thrashes with the axe embedded in its back, acidic spittle flying everywhere and small maghots dripping from its mouth.

The thrashing slows, then stops. The larva moves no more and the bulk slowly starts to dissolve, releasimg a putrid stench into the room.

From his vantage point next to the statue, Deric now notices that the ranseur appears to be made from a different material than the statue. The statue itself is some kind of red stone, while the ranseur appears to be metal.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Interesting statue guys. Red stone, and that ranseur is not the same stone as the rest of the statue."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral curses after one of his shots goes awry and fires two more at the maggot monster...

Rolled for concealment miss chance, just in case it’s got any concealment from that statue in the middle of the room...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 22
Miss<20: 1d100 ⇒ 75
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 28
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26
Miss<20: 1d100 ⇒ 83
Cold Iron + Crit Damage: 3d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 3 + 3 = 17


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric looks at Paeral and chuckles after he unloads on the dying fetid mass. He inspects the statue.
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint backs away from the dying abyssal larva.

"We should burn this thing. I have heard of demonic creatures regenerating or exploding, or worse," the halfling warns.

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Ylimancha preserves us," Ulyi intones.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Sorry guys, I forgot to refresh my iPad from this morning when I got back from work to post and missed that the thing was dead...


Shattered Star Maps

I also forgot to post: END INITIATIVE

Deric looks at the statue carefully. Like most of the statues that have been encountered so far, it is extremely lifelike. This one even appears to be the correct proportions for a human woman.

The ranseur is exquisitely done and the statue gazes forward with the spear in a ready position. The tip even looks sharp.

Other than the amazing detail, Deric notices nothing else of note.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot wanders over to the statue to get a look at the ranseur, then notices Deric's wounds.

"Hey, I t'ought ya drank a potion already, but ya still look pretty beat up. Ya want me ta fix ya up some more?"

Deric, just roll your own d8+1 until you're at full and I'll mark the charges off of the wand. Once that's done:

Turning back to the statue, Barkot says, "So whaddaya t'ink? Does dat ranseur come offa dat statue?"

Barkot looks it over for traps before attempting to remove the weapon.

Perception (Trapfinding): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23


Shattered Star Maps

Barkot detects no traps, and the statue only lightly holding the ranseur. It comes off easily.

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,414 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.