GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,436 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Shattered Star Maps

Continuing to flee, the creature is slowed as it has to descend into the uncrumbled hallway.

Round 10/11
BOLD may act
Bless Round 3/10

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi

Blue -21 15 ft. high, dim light
Reillana -6

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral launches two more arrows trying to bring blue down...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Shattered Star Maps

Blue falls to the ground, its innards spilling over the ground.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

As Deric collects and stows his spears he looks around for a way to get up to creepy legs.


Shattered Star Maps

I will declare that Reillana casts Light on something again. It is easy enough to gather your spears.

Examining the wall, there does not appear to be any way up except to climb. DC 15.

Looking at the creature that landed on top of Reillana, you wonder how she managed to get out from under it. The creature is 7 feet long and is covered in thick chitinous armor. Even Deric has trouble lifting it and doubts that he could carry it even if he shed all of his equipment.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral looks up at the creature and sighs. ”I can climb up there easy enough but how do you suggest we get it down from there?

“At least I can climb up there and retrieve the sack on its pincer...if someone has a rope, I can hog-tie it and we can let the ‘King’ know where his pet is and he can worry about retrieving it...”

He’ll warily climb up to the grey creature’s ledge...

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

He’ll secure the bag and tie up the creature, if someone lent him the rope...

Escape Artist or Sleight of Hand to Tie Rope: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

...and then climb back down...

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Shattered Star Maps

I'll count that tie up check as a third climb check, and make one more. Between hanging down and Deric catching you, I'll allow the descent without a check. FYI: We discovered earlier that your CMD sets the DC for escaping ropes.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

No problems

The sack is actually more of a pouch now that you get a closer look. Inside are some polished rocks, a double handful of tiny teeth, and a fancy metal bracer that appears to be a pair to the "crown" that King Zugga was wearing.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Does the bracer (or anything else in the room) detect as magical? And did "Clickylegs" perish?


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot shakes his head in disappointment at the contents of the bag.

"I t'ought King Cuckoo said dere wuz some kinda diamond wit' Clickylegs, din't he?"

He looks around, then shrugs. "I don't see no diamonds round here."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Maybe two of us could carry it. We could tie it with two ropes around its neck, one of us on each side. He would have a hard time putting up a fight like that. I prefer to keep him unconscious, though. My recollection is that the king would give us the diamond. "

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral shakes his head. ”Before we can carry him, we have to get him off that ledge...how do we presume to do that? As for the diamond, from the looks of that ‘King’, I doubt seriously that little fella has more than two coppers to rub together. Think we’ll be very disappointed with this so-called diamond...”


Shattered Star Maps

He is alive and stable.

The bracer does radiate magic. The background magic seems less stable in this area.


Shattered Star Maps

Spellcraft DC 22


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Murmuring another spell, Reillana narrows her eyes and studies the bracer for a few moments.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"Not sure what it does, but we can worry about that later I suppose." she gives the unconscious bug a deeply skeptical look behind her mask. "Do we really want to drag that damned thing back to the blue goblin-thing in exchange for a hunk of quartz? He doesn't strike me as the type to know value when he sees it."


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot shrugs. "I ain't in any hurry ta go back up ta dose blue guys. Mebbe we should keep lookin' aroun', seein' as we're down here already. I could use my li'l ghost rat ta scoot up ahead a ways if we wanna get an idea if it's wort' da walk."


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Retrieving her wand from where she dropped it, she holds it up for the others to see. "How's everyone feeling?"

CLW for Reillana: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric looks up at his prey. "I am with you guys. I do hate to leave job unfinished, though."


Shattered Star Maps

Leaving Clickylegs tied up, the party decides to continue exploring the level.

Heading south, they find what appears to have once been a barracks, the rotted and rusted remains of beds and lockers lining the walls. The corridor west connects back to the torture room, and a corridor east leads to stairs that descend further into the Crow.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral takes a ponder down the corridor with the stairs, checking for tracks or anything else that might tell him what might await them down this path...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

”Do we want to go deeper or back to the mite king?”


Shattered Star Maps

There are no tracks or anything of apparent interest in the corridor.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"This place just keeps going down and down," Squint remarks off-dejectedly. He sighs. "I don't think there's any rush to return that mite king his pet. As long as there aren't more spiders or centipedes, I'll...."

Squint considers his musings and then amends them.

"Maybe it would be a good idea to deliver this dumb pet to King Mukk-Mukk."


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

"Anybody got an idea how long we been down here? Feels like ferever since we came back in from da city, but all we gots ta show fer it is some magic water we c'n only heal from once each and an unconscious spider-thing. I was t'inkin' we oughtta keep goin', but mebbe we should go back up ta King Cuckoo wit' his nasty pet an' den go back an' get some rest?"

Barkot has one spell slot left, and still has 2 points of Dex damage. I'm happy to keep going, but if the consensus is to head back up and rest before going any further down, I won't quibble.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"I don't know about the rest of you, but my spells are virtually depleted, and I don't want to meet the 'king' battered and wounded. Perhaps they wouldn't double cross us, but why risk it?"


Shattered Star Maps

There does not appear to be a clear consensus on what to do next. I will wait for more discussion before proceeding.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"How about some rest and then deliver the pet?"

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

”Rest down here?” Squint asks with disgust. ”Do we have to?”

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral shrugs. ”Where else would we rest? It’s either here or head back to Lady Heidmarch and I doubt we wish to do that quite yet...”


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"I'm not thrilled about sleeping down here either, Squint, but running a gauntlet of strange blue goblins appeals to me even less."

He looks around at the others, gauging their demeanors. "Are we agreed then? Rest down here, and return the damned vermin after? The fountain chamber seemed the least unpleasant."


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

"Yeah, sure, dat makes sense. I got t'ree days a' rations I c'n share 'round. We oughtta double-check da knots on Clicky's rope, an' whoever's on watch better be ready ta knock it back out again if it wakes up."

Barkot hands out his extra rations to whoever needs them.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint sighs, resigned to a dreamless sleep in the dank dungeon.

I've got six days of trail rations on me, and am willing to share.

Squint dismisses Ulyi before setting out for bed.

"I can't keep him the entire time, or Ulyi would make for a great warden," the halfling explains.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Yes, use me as a cockerel and talk about me as if I wasn't still on this plane of exist----" Ulyi disappears in mid-indignant-sentence.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Derik opens his fighter's kit and takes out a trail ration. "Five days of this stuff if anyone wants any."


Shattered Star Maps

Sounds like everyone has their own rations, so go ahead and check one off. If you don't, shout out who you are taking one from. Since nobody specified, I'll say you are camping in the former barracks.

GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 4

The night passes without incident. Early in the morning of 30th Desnus, the party wakes in the cold, dark dungeon, dons their armor again, and takes stock of their injuries.

Overnight healing applied. Note that any monument boons will have expired. @Deric, you need to choose which stat to regain a point in.

Current Status
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral
Barkot -0 (DEX -1)
Squint
Ulyi
Reillana

I don't care to roll out Clickylegs' checks to regain consciousness or his hit point loss after clipping the ropes with his pincers, so I'll say that Clicklegs is conscious, but still tied and struggling weakly against the bonds.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

1str, 2dex: 1d2 ⇒ 1


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana would probably bum a meal from Deric if that's alright, looks like I forgot to buy any myself!


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Here ya go, Rei." He hands her a ration.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint, upon waking, immediately completes the ritual that summons Ulyi back to his side.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral yawns. ”Where to now? Forward or back to the mite king?”

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I don't think that there's any rush to get back to King Mugga-ugga," Squint answers without addressing the question directly.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot lies in his bedroll, eyes closed, for a few minutes after he wakes up.

Damnation! Next time I get back ta town, I gotta buy some coffee an' a coffee pot 'fore we come back down here!

Finally, he pries his eyes open and gets staggers to his feet. He hurriedly packs his bedroll and tears open the wax paper wrapper on a package of crackers and dried fruit.

"Yeah, I c'n see keepin' goin' fer a while," he grumbles as he chews. "I'da been willin' to go furder yestaday. But now Clicky's awake. Don'tcha t'ink we oughtta bring 'im back ta King Cuckoo 'fore he escapes dose ropes?"


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Let us do that B'kot. How did I leave home without means of making coffee?" Deric moves about and stretches in an attempt to wake up without his coffee.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral shakes his head. ”Clicky-legs is up on a ledge...how do you propose we lower him down? I suggest we go to the mite king, tell him his pet is tied up and its location, and he and his mites can come and collect it...”


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot shrugs. "Wit' a rope? Maybe give 'im a punch on da snoot ta put 'im back under first?"

While the party is still debating which direction to go, Barkot snaps his fingers. "Hey, Rei, mebbe ya oughtta take anudder look at dose magic bracers ta try ta figger out what dey do?"


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana has been staring up at Clickylegs contemplatively and startles when she hears her name.

"Sorry? Oh the bracer, yes. Thank you Barkot." Fishing the single bracer from her pack, she murmurs a spell and gazes intently at the item for a long moment, turning it over and over in her hands.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Stupic dice...

"I think we should just leave it here and keep delving. The 'king' and his wayward pet are a secondary concern, we should stay focused on the other Shard."

Did we ever definitively identify the blue guys as mites, in-character?


Shattered Star Maps

Nobody is trained in Nature, so no.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint nods at Reillana's words.

"I agree, Rei. I don't think we need to trouble ourselves with King Mukky-Mukk and Stinky-Legs until we have to. Besides, that shard might be right around the next corner!"

He notices the elf staring at the magical bracer with a frown on her face.

"Could I help?" Squint offers.

Spellcraft Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Shattered Star Maps

Squint recognizes the magical auras around the bracer as those of a Bracer of Defense +2. He also knows that the magic of these bracers only work when both are worn.


Shattered Star Maps

My mistake... Bracer of ARMOR +2

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"Hunh," Squint says. "I wonder where the other bracer is...."

Squint closes his eyes and thinks way back to his munted conversation with the strange monarch.

****Wayne's World flashback noises****

Squint opens his eyes. "I think I know where the twin to this bracer is. We'll need it for the pair to work together."


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

"Most likely we will have to kill him for it. Solves the clicky legs issue as well. Two birds, one stone."

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,436 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.