GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,433 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Shattered Star Maps

The first arrow bounces harmlessly off of the cavern wall, but the second one hits the creature in the shoulder, causing it to hiss.

Recovering from the wound, it continues reeling Barkot in. As he is jerked off of his feet, he ends up bouncing off of the wall and is now dangling from the filament five feet off of the ground.
Pull: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Blue, who appears to be the same type of creature, but a bit smaller than grey appears from around the corner. It shoots a filament at Deric and drags him across the ground.

Filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Pull: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

@Deric, I will allow you to use your readied attack against the filament, if you choose. Both creatures are still in total darkness. You are currently standing in dim light.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1) Readied
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2) 5 ft. high
Grey -6 30 ft. high, cover
Blue 30 ft. high
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi

Pink


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

"Dis," Barkot grunts as he swings wildly in the air, "ain't as much fun as it looks!"


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric swings his axe at the filament that has Barkot.
masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Shattered Star Maps
Deric Vel wrote:

Deric swings his axe at the filament that has Barkot.

[dice=masterwork greataxe PA] 1d20+9
[dice=damage] 1d12+13

I apologize for not being clearer. You can swing at the filament that is attached to YOU with your readied action.

You could have swung at the one attached to Barkot on your turn. Since you chose not, I assumed that was not a valid target for your readied action. Now, that filament is not within your reach.

Please advise if you would like to direct the attack toward the filament attached to you.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

And I did not catch that I was being hauled across the room. Please direct to my filament.


Shattered Star Maps

Since it was a readied action, the strike would have taken place before the thing got a chance to pull you in, so I moved your token back

Deric slashes through the filament with ease, leaving a bit of sticky mucus attached to his armor.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"Well that's novel," Reillana remarks dryly, and begins to sing. "Bring them down, Paeral!"

Inspire Courage. Make it count gang, I'm almost out!


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)
Jacobadiah 'Squint' Nirodin wrote:

"What in the Hells is that?" Squint squeaks at the sudden appearance of the mucus strand. Barkot calls out as he struggles with the snare, giving Squint a moment to pause and consider his question.

"W-w-well it COULD be 'clicky' instead of 'sticky'. I m-m-mean the words are somewhat similar in Undercommon, I think. Do you think that we should not attack this thing?"

Twisting in the air, upside-down, Barkot shouts, "Nope, I'm good wit' everybody attackin' it!"

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"Ok then!" Squint says. "Ulyi, charge!"

Inspiring no one, Squint tries to cast a spell on the tendril ensnaring Barkot as the eidolon charges forward.

Ride Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Cast grease on Barkot's ensnared leg/foot.

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

"Ridiculous," mutters Ulyi as he moves forward - not charging - and tries to snap at the tendril with his long neck.

Melee Attack, Reach, Inspiration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Shattered Star Maps

As Reillana sings, Ulyi brings his Light into the room while casting a spell to make Barkot slippery.

@Barkot, you now have a +10 bonus to escape from a grapple. That may or may not assist you in escaping from the sticky filament.

Ulyi bites at the filament, attempting to rescue the half-orc, but is unable to break the strand.

Grey is now in Dim Light. Deric and Squint can make out the pincers clicking together in anticipation and a shadowy bulge attached to one of them.

The skittering noises get louder behind the party as another smaller creature appears. Looking for a big meal, it shoots a filament at Deric. The sticky fiber joins the remains of the other mucus as Deric feels himself once again being pulled across the floor.

S,U,D: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Pull: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Round 2
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage, round 1

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2) 5 ft. high

Grey -6 30 ft. high, cover
Blue 30 ft. high
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Pink 30 ft. high


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

CMB to Escape Grapple, Grease?: 1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 10 = 30

Garduk flails around, now slippery from Squint's spell.

"T'anks, buddy! I t'ink I almost ... got ... it..."

Maybe?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral, seeing as the grey creature has cover, takes his time to concentrate and fires a single arrow at the beast...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric swings at the filament attached to him.
"I am growing impatient!"
masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 23


Shattered Star Maps
Backalley Barkot wrote:

[dice=CMB to Escape Grapple, Grease?]1d20 + 4 + 10

Garduk flails around, now slippery from Squint's spell.

"T'anks, buddy! I t'ink I almost ... got ... it..."

Maybe?

You may attempt either a Strength check (to pull the filament off) or an Escape Artist check. CMB is not listed as an option, because you aren't "grappled". Additionally, Grease only aids Escape Artist checks, not CMB checks.

So, are you making a strength check or an Escape Artist check? (or would you like to change your action based on this information?)


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Sorry - Escape Artist is fine. Instead of a +4 bonus, that would be +1 (from Dex, reduced for the ability damage Barkot took from the centipedes), for a total of 27 instead of 30.


Shattered Star Maps

Deric once again cuts off the filament attached to him. Feel free to take a move action at any time before your next turn.

Paeral's arrow clips off of the stone ledge, but is still able to pierce the creature's carapace.

Barkot twists and turns. At first, it seems as if he won't be able to dislodge the sticky mucus, but at the last second, the filament shifts onto a patch of grease and Barkot falls free, tumbling to the ground and falling prone.

Grey, clicking its pincers together in a manner that seems frustrated, turns its attention to Squint, jerking the halfling out of the saddle and leaving him dangling five feet off of the ground.

Filament: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Pull: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Blue decides to target the only other standing creature it can see, and sends a filament at Ulyi, but splatters mucus on the ground instead.

Filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 2
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage, round 1

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2) Prone
Grey -13 30 ft. high, cover
Blue 30 ft. high
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1) 5 ft. high
Ulyi

Pink 30 ft. high

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

I'm just floating this one out there - Squint sits in a military saddle that has a +2 to Ride checks to knock me out of the saddle. Would this apply to being pulled out of the saddle by the filament of this creature as well?

Squint screeches as the filament attaches to him. "Get it off! Get it off!" Leaving his lance behind to clatter to the ground (free action: drop), Squint pulls out a dagger and tries to saw at the filament. (move action: draw weapon)

Melee Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

Ulyi loses its composure.

"No one jerks Squint's chain but me!" the eidolon growls fiercely, attempting to snap at the ensnaring strand.

Melee Attack, Reach, Power Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 71d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"Squint!" Reillana cries, then resumes her song before the magic can unravel. Drawing her hand crossbow, she nocks a bolt and takes aim.

Two Move actions, I should have been more prepared last turn. Last round of Inspire Courage!


Shattered Star Maps

Squint and Ulyi's attacks once again fail to sever the filament while Reillana prepares to make her grans entrance.

Pink repositions itself and sends another filament at Deric. This time, Deric is able to resist being pulled.

Filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Pull: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Round 3
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage, round 2

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2) Prone

Grey -13 30 ft. high, cover
Blue 30 ft. high
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1) 5 ft. high
Ulyi
Pink 30 ft. high


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric swings his greataxe at the creature before him.
masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 = 24


Shattered Star Maps

The enemies are all 30ft up. You can swing at the filament holding Squint from your current position or at the filament attached to you. Otherwise, you'll need a ranged weapon.

I am assuming that you don't intend to strike at Ulyi...


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

The filament holding squint, please.


Shattered Star Maps

The filament is severed and Squint tumbles to the ground, landing on top of Bartok.

Squint and Bartok are currently considered squeezing. Both are prone.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral will take another shot at grey...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

I'm not sure what it means for Barkot and Squint to be squeezing in this context, other than that it looks like Squint is still on top of Barkot and they're sharing a square. I'd like Barkot to stand up and cast Shield of Faith, and if he has to take a five-foot step to end in a legal square that will work. If by squeezing he has to use two squares of movement to get out of the shared space with Squint, then standing and moving one square would be two move actions and use up his turn. I'm going to assume the more restrictive outcome, but please let me know if I'm wrong and Barkot can still cast his spell.

"Oof! Ya know, Squint, yer heavier dan ya look." Barkot shoves himself out from under the unwieldy halfling and stands, then steps to one side to give Squint room to get up himself.


Shattered Star Maps

Just pointing it out for you, in case you chose not to move out of the square. Only moving into or through a squeeze requires two squares of movement, not moving out of a squeeze. I will allow the 5-foot step. Who are you casting the spell on?

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I'm just as heavy as any other halfling!" Squint protests as Barkot jostles.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

That makes sense, thanks. Barkot is casting the spell on himself.

Once free, Barkot steps to one side and calls on Soralyon's protection once more.

Casting Shield of Faith, +2 deflection bonus to AC for 3 minutes.

"Sorry, Squint. First time I ever hadda halfling dropped on me."


Shattered Star Maps

Paeral's arrow deflects off of the wall above the creature.

Grey's pincers continue to click together, waiting for a meal to eat. It attempts to once again ensnare Barkot but spatters mucus on the floor instead.

S,B,U: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Filament: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Blue tries to grab Ulyi again, somehow managing to get the filament stuck on some rocks in the wall instead.

Filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 3
BOLD may act
Inspire Courage, round 2

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)
Grey -13 30 ft. high, cover
Blue 30 ft. high
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1) Prone
Ulyi

Pink 30 ft. high

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint scrambles up to his feet and rushes over to Paeral.

”Wait!” he yells at Paeral. ”None of us can see those things. Let me instil light on your next arrow. If you hit it, then we’ll be able to see it!”

Paeral, I’m asking you to delay your next shot until after Squint’s next turn so that he can cast light on your arrow.

Silver Crusade

Gender Neutral | hp 25/25 | AC 18 (t10; ff16) CMD 17 (ff15) | F*+4 R*+5 W*+1 (*+4 vs poison, petrify) | Perc +6 SM +0 | speed 40 Agathion Eidolon

Ulyi moves towards Squint along the room’s western edge, awaiting an incoming tendril.

Single move action. Ready a standard attack (bite) if a tendril comes Ulyi or Squint’s way.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"Good thinking, Squint!" Reillana shouts, murmuring a spell and firing an enchanted bolt at the nearest of the strange bugs.

Atk vs Purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Shattered Star Maps

@Reillana you are currently in a tunnel. Please move into the room. Also, am I understanding correctly that you are attempting to cast Light and fire a weapon in the same turn?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

No, that's just a fluffy description for the Arcane Strike feat


Shattered Star Maps

Squint and Ulyi rush to get near Paeral, while Reillana wounds the pink creature.

Pink still has a filament attached to Deric and attempts to pull him in again, but the warrior is able to resist by setting his weight.

Pull: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Round 4
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1) Filament (Pink)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)

Grey -13 30 ft. high, cover, dim light
Blue 30 ft. high, dark
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1) Prone
Ulyi
Pink -5 30 ft. high, dim light


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

"Soralyon, please pertect Squint so's he c'n help pertect Magnimar from whaddever bad Dinguses're in dis ancient monument."

Barkot leans over and clasps Squint on the shoulder, and a faint shimmer covers the prone halfling from head to foot.

Casting Shield of Faith on Squint, +2 deflection bonus to AC for 3 minutes.

Barkot watches the creatures on the walls with his sword out, ready to try to cut through any more of the filaments that hit him or his friends.


Shattered Star Maps

Oops... Squint isn't prone any more. I'll assume you are moving over to him


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Yes - sorry, shouldn't post when I'm half asleep.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric will hold, waiting for the light. Squint was supposed to cast light on an arrow iirc.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Shaking off the miss, Paëral aims again at grey and shoots...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint yells at Paeral.

”Are you deaf?!?!” he screams. ”I told you to wait and let me cast light on your arrow BEFORE you shot it!”

Seriously, Paeral. Did you even read Squint’s last post?


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric maintains his greataxe in his off hand. He draws a spear and throws it at grey.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
redirect to pink if grey is down


Shattered Star Maps

FYI I think that I may have let a 21 hit before. If I did, I made a mistake with grey's AC/Cover.

The two missiles clatter off the wall, with the spear falling down on top of Squint's glowing lance (in the square adjacent to Deric)

Grey decides to try his luck with the new meal, but continues to be unable to hit its mark.

Filament: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Blue moves closer, entering the sphere of dim light cast from the still glowing lance, also attempting to ensnare Reillana, but with similar results.

Filament: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 4
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1) Filament (Pink)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)
Grey -13 30 ft. high, cover, dim light
Blue 30 ft. high, dim light
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi

Pink -5 30 ft. high, dim light

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Yeah, 21 hit last time, so I guess I got a break last time. So they have an AC of at least 18...


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

"Do we really need to be fighting these things? We could just move away and see if they follow..." Reillana loads her crossbow and takes another shot.

Attack vs Grey: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Shattered Star Maps

Squint casts Light on Reillana's bolt instead of Paeral's arrow while Ulyi continue to ready for an attack on a tendril or creature.

As the light fades from the lance on the floor, Reillana's bolt streaks into grey's shoulder shedding light on the creature. Blue is also now fully illuminated.

Deric and Reillana are now in Dim Light, the rest of the party is in darkness.

Pink continues attempting to reel in Deric, bouncing him off of the statue as he slides across the floor.

Pull: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Round 5
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1) Filament (Pink)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)

Grey -16 30 ft. high, cover
Blue 30 ft. high
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Pink -5 30 ft. high, dim light

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral, his measured approach not working, goes back to volume strategy, firing a couple arrows at grey...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d5 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot hears the CLANNNGGGG as the warrior slams against the statue, followed by the scrape of metal armor dragging against stone.

"What da? Crap! Hang on, Deric!"

The burly half-orc turns and scoots past Deric, then slashes at the disgusting strand of mucus with his sword.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,433 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.