GM Brunoreturns' Shattered Star

Game Master brunoreturns

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch needs your help to recover a lost field agent.

Do you have what it takes to serve the Pathfinder Society and save the world?

Party Loot Spreadsheet
Player Handouts


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,433 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric ignites two of the extinguished torches but remains just around the corner in the oven room so as not to shed light on Paeral.


Shattered Star Maps

Paeral hears nothing and sees no obvious traps.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot lays his calloused hand on top of Squint's head and reads off the scroll of lesser restoration, reversing some of the centipede poison's effects on Squint.

DEX damage healed: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sweet!


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana lets her light expire, content to use the Deric's torches while they last. "This damn bridge feels like it goes on forever," she complains with a sigh, but follows along with her head on a swivel.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral will open the door to the east and peer inside...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Shattered Star Maps

Opening the eastern door, Paeral sees shelves containing the remains plates and bowls, most of which have been reduced to mere shards and dust. A quick search reveals nothing of value.

Switching to the western door, he finds utensils and cooking supplies, all of which are rusted or corroded and reduced to worthlessness.

Next he opens the southern door, and sees shelves that must have once contained food, but all that remains is dust heaped on the shelves and on eight humanoid shapes standing in the middle of the room.

As the door opens all the way, glowing lights appear near where the eyes should be on these figures. Suddenly, the figures start moving. Eight horribly rusted serving trays clatter to the ground as the dust shakes loose from the figures, revealing skeletons that begin moving toward Paeral.


Shattered Star Maps

Initiative:

Paëral: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Barkot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Squint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Deric: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Reillana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Orange: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Green: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Teal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Yellow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Purple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Pink: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Not expecting a non-vermin menace, Paeral is slow to react, and the blue skeleton moves forward to attack with its bony hands, but slides off of his armor.

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 1
BOLD may act

Blue
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)

Red
Yellow
Pink
Orange
Green
Reillana
Teal
Paeral
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric moves up to punish the skeleton.
+1 Greataxe PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Those are some fast-moving skeletons!


Shattered Star Maps
Backalley Barkot wrote:
Those are some fast-moving skeletons!

Skeletons have Improved Initiative :)


Shattered Star Maps

Deric's axe slides between the skeleton's ribs but still has enough force to shatter its spinal column. The light in its eyes fades as the bones clatter to the ground.


Shattered Star Maps

Squint moves forward so that his light will shine into the room, giving Deric a better view of what is going on. In retrospect, I should have assessed a 20% miss chance on that axe strike. Oh well.

The red and yellow skeletons move forward to attack, one of them scoring a hit against the elf.

The others try to push forward to get at the party.

6 damage to Paeral

Claws(Paeral): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Claws(Deric): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Pretty sure Teal isn't going to be able to do anything, so Paeral and Barkot can act as well

Round 1
BOLD may act

Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Red
Yellow
Pink
Orange
Green
Reillana
Teal
Purple
Paeral -6
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Barkot pops his wand of bless back out of his wrist sheath into his off-hand. Gotta remember not ta drop ya dis time.

"Mystic Angel, bless dis gang so's we c'n put dese angry dead ta rest an' pertect our city. T'anks!"

Barkot casts bless, then draws his silver light mace.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral steps back 5’ NE and fires a couple of blunt arrows at the nearest skeleton...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Moving up behind the group's front line, Reillana begins to sing, the strident bars of another elven battle hymn filling the tunnel.

Inspire Courage


Shattered Star Maps

Reillana begins singing as the remaining skeletons attempt to get at the party and Barkot activates his wand.

Paeral slots and arrow between the elbow and chest of the enormous armored man in front of him, and bursts apart the ancient skull of the red skeleton.

Round 2
BOLD may act
Bless Round 1/10

Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)

Yellow
Pink
Orange
Green
Reillana
Teal
Purple
Paeral -6
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

”I don’t w-want to go in and block others,” Squint reasons. ”I mean, it’s better than spiders and centipedes, but...”

No move. Continue to shine light. Ready his silver lance for an AoO if a skeleton comes into his and Ulyi’s extended reach.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric holds his ground and readies an attack for the first skeleton that gets within his reach.

masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 = 18


Shattered Star Maps

I agree with the rest of you that the way this map is drawn is confusing.

To try to clear things up a bit, I am considering squares on the southern side of the doorway to be adjacent to squares on the northern side. Thus, yellow is currently adjacent to Deric (and within Squint and Ulyi's reach).

Thus, both of those "readied" actions execute immediately. Deric's swing misses.

Both of you are going to get an AoO when the skeletons move. So, Squint and Ulyi please give me your attacks on yellow (unless you choose not to take them). Squint, Ulyi, and Deric can also provide AoO rolls


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

AoO rolls
masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 30
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15

masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 = 18

masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 19
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 = 17

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint AoO roll #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Squint AoO roll #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ulyi AoO roll (bite) #1, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Ulyi AoO roll (bite) #2, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shattered Star Maps

I'll take the first AoO rolls as your "readied" attack rolls for the round

Squint's lance slides ineffectively past the arm of the yellow skeleton, but Ulyi's bite breaks a few rib bones. The bite does not seem as effective without flesh to tear away, but the skeleton still appears damaged.

Yellow reaches out to attack Deric, Pink moves into range to attack him as well. The attacks scrape against his armor, producing a horrible screeching sound but causing no damage.

Claw 1, Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Claw 2, Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Claw Pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Then Orange moves past pink to get at Squint, triggering an AoO. Squint's lance again slides past the moving skeleton. Ulyi breaks off an arm, and then Deric finishes the skeleton.

Green tries to squeeze in, and Deric's Combat Reflexes are able to respond to that incursion as well.

Round 2
BOLD may act
Bless Round 1/10

Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Yellow -4
Pink
Reillana
Teal
Purple
Paeral -6
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Reillana continues to sing, confident in her companion's ability to finish off the remaining undead.

hold position, continue inspiring courage


Shattered Star Maps

As Reillana sings, Teal moves in and takes a swipe at Squint, missing badly. Purple tries to push through to get to the party, but cannot.

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 2/3
BOLD may act
Bless Round 2/10

Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)

Yellow -4
Pink
Reillana
Teal
Purple
Paeral -6
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral fires a couple of blunt arrows at yellow...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 12
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 26
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric swings his greataxe at Yellow with malice.
masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
He cleaves to Pink.
masterwork greataxe PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Ninja'd by the ninja. If yellow is dead, please change those targets to Pink and Teal. And I forgot to add 1 to damage for IC. Doubt that matters.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint and Ulyi back up and lash out at the lead skeleton.

Squint Attack, Silver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ulyi Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shattered Star Maps

Yellow and Pink are down. Teal is uninjured


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Nothing particularly useful that Barkot can do - I should have moved him up last round. He can at least soak up some damage.

Barkot moves up behind Deric, silver mace at the ready.


Shattered Star Maps

Paeral leans down this time and sends a couple of arrows directly through Deric's legs. The second one takes off the skeleton's leg. As it falls to the ground, bones scatter in every direction.

Deric continues swinging his huge axe, sending the Pink skeleton's head flying, and narrowly missing Teal's head as well.

I hadn't realized you guys had knocked out an entire initiative block. I should have said Reillana was free to act.

Round 3
BOLD may act
Bless Round 3/10

Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Reillana
Teal
Purple
Paeral -6
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

As the skeletons quickly fall, Reillana stops singing and draws her wand. "Just two left! Don't let up!

CLW for Paeral: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Shattered Star Maps

Teal and Purple fall on Deric but are unable to pierce his armor.

Claw 1 Teal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Claw 2 Teal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Claw 1 Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Claw 2 Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Round 3/4
BOLD may act
Bless Round 3/10

Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Reillana

Teal
Purple
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric swings his axe with precision at teal.
masterwork greataxe: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d12 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17
He cleaves to purple
masterwork greataxe: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d12 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

Squint and Ulyi stab and snap at the remaining targets.

Squint Lance, Silver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 critical miss, but we'll ignore that....
Ulyi Bite, Reach, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 CRITICAL THREAT!
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Shattered Star Maps

Initiative Over

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 12

The skeletons fall to Deric's axe and the party looks around for further danger, but finds none.

The room is filled with shelves that contain nothing but the dust left by whatever food this storeroom once contained. Alcoves on the eastern wall have rusty iron hooks hanging from the ceiling.

As he moves around the room, Paeral's keen elven eyes spot a hidden door in the southern door.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral nods to the others. ”Follow me...there’s a door hidden on the south wall...”

The Elf warily checks out the door...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

The tank backs him up.


Shattered Star Maps

The door is neither trapped nor locked, though it requires a bit of force to open, as if the frame has settled.

The tunnel beyond must have once been worked like the rest of the structure. However, the walls have started to crumble, leaving it looking somewhat like a natural cavern.

The remaining tunnel appears safe, though it is narrow and a bit circuitous.

I don't feel like loading the version of the map that contains the secret passage, so I will simply place your tokens inside of the "wall" on this current map

Slowly walking along the corridor, waiting for something to jump out, the party navigates through a few twists and turns until they reach another secret door.

The frame on this door is broken, and the door hangs slightly off angle.

Paeral checks the door carefully, then give it a little shove as it swings open awkwardly.

Looking out into the exposed room shows a dais with a familiar statue of the Runelord of Wrath holding her customary ranseur and looking out into the room.

The rest of the room has begun to crumble like the passageway and the ceiling of the natural looking cavern is now 40 feet high.


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

I loot the statue.

From back in the tunnel, Barkot stage-whispers up to the front of the group, "See any critters or traps, Paëral?"

Barkot goes in once the rogue declares it safe and immediately begins examining the statue (it's a kind of monument inside a monument, after all) and its base and the area around it.

Perception for traps, Trapfinding +1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20

Should he roll Perception, Knowledge (history), something else to learn about the statue?


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Scan the room with Detect Magic

Quietly following Barkot into the room, Reillana gives the chamber a careful once-over. "I'm starting to think there is no crown, or Sticklegs, and those ugly blue bastards just sent us down here to wander aimlessly."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"I think you're right, Reillana," the jittery halfling admits. "I'm just hoping to see the sky again before we get eaten by bugs."

Perception Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none LN Arcane-Duelist3 l 24/24hp l F +2, R +6, W +3 l AC16; T12; FF14 l Ini +5 l CMB +2 CMD15 l Perc +10 SM +8 l Active Conditions: none

Oops! Forgot my perception check!

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Shattered Star Maps

GM Screen:
2d20 ⇒ (3, 11) = 141d20 ⇒ 17

Paeral looks carefully around the room, detecting no threats, but keeps a careful eye as Barkot moves past him.

Emerging into the room, Barkot moves to examine the statue. As he does so, a thick strand of mucus suddenly strikes his armor and sticks there. Barkot looks at the mucus quizzically, then begins following the strand up into the darkness.

Suddenly, the strand tightens, and Barkot is nearly jerked off of his feet as he slides toward the opposite wall.
@Barkot make a DC 10 Reflex save or fall prone

His eyes finally reaching the end of the filament, Barkot sees the head and two crab-like pincers sticking over the edge of a ledge 30 feet up on the wall. The pincers flex and click together audibly. Barkot does notice that there appears to be a small sack tied to one of the creature's legs.

He then hears the skittering of additional creatures coming from the opposite side of the large cavern, though none of them are within the range of his darkvision.

Initiative:

Paëral: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Barkot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Squint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Deric: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Reillana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Grey: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Pink: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Shattered Star Maps

Round 1
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1)
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)

Grey
Blue
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Pink

Deric cannot see Grey. By following the filament, he can guess its location.

Paeral/Barkot can see Grey, but it currently has partial cover from any attacks

Blue and Pink are not in the range of anyone's sight.


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric moves up beside Barkot and readies his greataxe to strike anything that comes withing reach. "What have you gotten yourself into, Barkot?"


Male CG Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) Oracle (Seeker) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +3 | Shield ON | Speed 30/20 | longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20), silver light mace +4 (1d6+2), whip +4 (1d3+2 nonlethal), light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20) | Spells: 1st 4/6| *Active: poisoned (-1 Dex dmg)

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Yes!

Barkot draws his longsword. "It ain't what I've gotten myself inta, Deric. It's what's tryin' ta git me inta it dat's da problem!"

The half-orc takes a swing at the disgusting strand of mucus dragging him toward the creature.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Hey, Squint! Are you sure King Cuckoo said his pet's name wuz 'Sticky-Legs'? 'Cause dis t'ing's got sticky-somet'ing, but it ain't legs, an' its legs're clicky, not sticky."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Summoner (Unchained) 3 | hp 25/25 | AC 15 (t11; ff13) CMD 15 (ff13) | init +6 | F* +3 R* +3 W* +2 (*+2 vs fear) | Perc +1 SM -1 | Speed 15 |

"What in the Hells is that?" Squint squeaks at the sudden appearance of the mucus strand. Barkot calls out as he struggles with the snare, giving Squint a moment to pause and consider his question.

"W-w-well it COULD be 'clicky' instead of 'sticky'. I m-m-mean the words are somewhat similar in Undercommon, I think. Do you think that we should not attack this thing?"


Shattered Star Maps

Barkot's swing bounces off of the filament, which is tougher than it appears.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Deric -0 (STR -1, DEX -1) Readied
Paeral -1
Barkot -0 (DEX -2)
Grey
Blue
Reillana
Squint -0 (DEX -1)
Ulyi
Pink


Human Fighter (Two Handed) 3, |HP 31/31| AC 24/20-11-19| Init +7| Perc +1| F+5, R+2, W+1 (Dex -1) CMB +8 (+9 sunder); CMD 19 (20 vs sunder)

Deric replies to the half-orc "Well, we can't be having that, now."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13| CMB:3 CMD:18| Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9

Paëral fires a couple of arrows at grey...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

”And it doesn’t look like it’s a spider, either...”

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,433 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brunoreturns Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.