GM Bold Strider's PFS 00-01 Silent Tide (Low Tier) (Inactive)

Game Master rpblue

Map is Here.


201 to 250 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Hearing her friends call out in pain, Victoria will step up and call for divine healing (in silent prayer).

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 1 positive healing everyone in 30'r

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Corrina rolls with the fall to soften it a bit. She pulls out a potion and drinks it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Did Barley hit last round?

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen takes a swing at the other operative with her elven curved blade, putting her weight into the swing.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 1 = 25
Damage, Power Attack: 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 3 = 16

Confirm?: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 = 8


Barley was dancing last round, right? Plus there wasn't room to hit an Operative.

Rhoswen connects with the Operative and destroys the foul undead.

Initiative - Round 5 (No Sound):
1st: Corrina and Farg
2nd: BEO(Floor and Pipes)
3rd: Rhoswen and Barley and Victoria
4th: BEO(Keys)

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5
Barley 川から流木 wrote:
Barley decides to get rid of the creep before continuing to dance on. Katana: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13 >>damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Barley attacked last round. Attacks again this round if creep stll around. katana: 1d20 ⇒ 8 @dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

-Posted with Wayfinder


@Barley: Barley finished climbing and started dancing only five posts above that post, however. Either way, the point is moot as there was no room to hit an Operative. Additionally, the keyboard of the organ is clear of Operatives as far as you are aware.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg still busy climbing?


@Farg: This turn you could climb the last 10' and get a claw attack on the Operative above you. Will provoke, however.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

For style reasons let's say I bite him...Also I have to spend another use of Archaeologists luck this round


Need attack rolls from Farg and Barley's actions.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Attack no PA1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Damage no arcane strike1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Farg sees an operative above him and chomps down heavily.

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Acrobatic white keys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Climb black keys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perform untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Kn Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Dancin' Barley!


Farg eviscerates one of the Operatives. Barley jumps around but no sound emanates from the pipes above.

Farg sees two Operatives flank him before the both try to Bull Rush him off of the Pipes, but they miss.

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15
Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

Farg will get an attack of opportunity against one of the Operatives.

Initiative - Round 6 (No Sound):
1st: Corrina and Farg and Rhoswen and Barley and Victoria
2nd: BEO

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

AoO 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26Damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Farg easily dispatches one of the operatives with a swipe of hispowerful claw and quickly looks to take out the second.

I'd like to use the rules on deciding on a full attack or standard action attack here.So if the first attack takes down the operative farg will still have his move action for the round

Bite1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Damage with arcane Strike 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The second operative is no match to Farg's powerful maw and the Pathfinder looks for more victims.

Farg moves East

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Corrina stands up from the floor and sheathes her sword.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Unable to see, Victoria will channel to harm undead.
1d6 ⇒ 3 DC 12

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Barley is believing that, eventhough he can't hear the music through the supernatural silence down here on the keys, the music is exiting the pipes and being heard outside. Is this a misconception and the pipes are entirely blocked by whatever? So need to free the pipes first?

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

I'm assuming that the magical silence is centered around the operatives and thus the ones on top are blocking sound. Alternatively they might have shoved their scrany arses into the pipes in order to block sound...


Farg is correct. They are blocking the sound from the top. If these guys weren't one-shot material, this might be a difficult encounter, haha.

Farg sees another Operative straight in front of him. Victoria channels, but the undead are too far out of reach for anything to happen. Barley keeps jumping around while Corrina stands, sheaths her sword and dusts off her shoulders.

The Operatives try to keep Farg from destroying them and and their plan, Farg is too strong. He quickly mows down the Operatives as they try to Bull Rush him off the pipes.

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Barley and Rhoswen start jumping on the organ, hearing the beautiful sounds emanating from the pipes above.

Yargos yells to the Pathfinders. You have averted the Silent Tide! You have saved Abasalom! But, I don't think that Nessian is going to stop trying. We must stop him from continuing his efforts!

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

"Hooray! . "

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Barley join in on a hearty cheer, "Good work Pathfinders!.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg kicks a few more operatives bony bottoms just because it'
s so much fun while enjoying the music (a bit) and the praise (a lot).

Then he elegantly lunges of the organ Featherfall picks up his longspear and cheers with his fellow Pathfinders.

Agree the setup of this encounter is pretty awesome. The guys sadly are just way too weak...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Corrina shakes her head, frustrated that she couldn't do more to help. "Good job, y'all. Let's get that book back from Nessian."

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Any time for rest before next encounter?

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

are we done here? In case there's need for healing Farg has a Wand but I asume Victoria still has a few channels.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen sheathes her sword and rushes over to give Barley a hearty slap on the back. "Well done everybody!" she cries out.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Victoria looks around at the party and cheers that everyone survived.

"It looks like we did it, everyone!"

Unfortunately, she is tapped out of channels, at this time and needs to rest


You guys stopped the major event from occuring, so there is no particular need to head to Nessian's ASAP. You can rest for the evening.

Arising the next morning, the Pathfinders head out to the Pyramid of the Dog.

After analyzing the information given to them by Grandmaster Torch, they understand that Nessian’s decrepit lair is not a pyramid at all. Rather it consists of four ancient, battered siege towers, three of which have collapsed inward toward the largest, forming a giant, tepee-like wreck. Each leaning tower bears a makeshift guardhouse, providing an excellent vantage point for the War Hounder sentry posted inside. The center tower is Nessian’s personal tower, and it is there that he can be found.

You can plan your approach before arriving.

As you approach and scan the area, you notice a guard in each tower armed with a crossbow. Two additional guards seems to patrol the entrance to the middle tower.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Cast heroism before entering

Farg enters the tower with swagger he walks right up to Nessians tower and knocks on the door. Noting the guards casually.


Maybe this wasn't clear. They will shoot on sight as soon as you enter the map unless you roll stealth.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Okay no swagger then...

Anyone have the ability to take out the guys with the crossbows with magic?

Farg inquires of his companions. After giving the issue some thought the Tiefling proposes an alternative plan.

Alternatively I can make myself invisible and kill the guys guarding the gate, open the door and give you a sign. You then make a run for it in the hopes of not being spotted or being shot.

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5
GM Bold Strider wrote:
Maybe this wasn't clear. They will shoot on sight as soon as you enter the map unless you roll stealth.

haha

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Barley looks incredulously at Farg, "That's a horrible idea. You're going to cut them down with one swing before they reach for the alarm? I'd like to see you try", he challenges the big tiefling.

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg gives of a derisive snort.

Very constructive...have a better idea Pathfinder? Can you turn invisible? Do you have a spell of silence? Can you shoot those fellows up in the tower? I stand a good chance of taking out both of those fools before they take note of me. You also stand a chance of not ending as lunch...

Clearly the tiefling is a bit worked up, but he apparently does not notice that this might have been Barley's intent all along. As he ahs calmed down a bit Farg remebers something else.

Do we know what Nessian looks like? I still have a wand which will let me change someone's appearance... that might prove a lless violent way of entering, but honestly I prefer violent...

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Yes Barley tends to become sophomoric with tests of skill.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

"Indeed my grandfather had taught me the art of ninja invisibility", Barley says, all too proud of himself, "But perhaps deception is a better plan. Disguise yourself as one of the gaurds and call them over for help.".


Did we lose everyone except for Farg and Barley?

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Hmm maybe they thought the last scene finished the scenario?

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

It's the weekend. Most games I've been in drop off on the weekend, that's not uncommon.

How high is each tower?

"Well, if we go in from the front, there's four guards that can potentially see us. If we can get to the back, it looks like maybe only one has a view. There's just the challenge of getting to him and taking him out before he sounds an alarm. I've got my wand of magic missile that hits unerringly, but I doubt it's enough to take him out in one hit. I have a spell to go invisible, as well, but only for a few seconds."

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

"I have nothing to help us sneak in. I can heal or call small lightning at range, but hardly artillery."


The guards in the tower windows are about 20' up.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen draws her bow. "Corrina, I've got my bow - perhaps if we can catch the guard in the back by surprise, we could bring him down. Anybody else have anything effective for range?"

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5
GM Bold Strider wrote:
The guards in the tower windows are about 20' up.

@GM: Are the guards on a parapet or standing at the windows of enclosed rooms?

I was thinking scenarios: all PCs full frontal assault with 2 guards shooting down and alarms sounding; OR the same but with 1-2 PCs on the roof vs crossbowmen; OR we all try to get in on the north side quietly (downing the lone guard with a coordinated attack). In all cases. at least one person up top is best. Unless someone stops Barley, he will head up and the rest can decide to either frontal assault or follow Barley to deal with lone guard (if you are able to approach quietly.

Stealth, take 20 if possible, take roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Climb wall to window: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Stealth climbing wall : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

wow, that actually worked, and he's wearing white

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

"I will do whatever us asked of me. I am not stealthy or a good climber but can create a distraction or shoot up at the guards if that helps. I normally would object to lethal force, but these have gone way beyond good faith in their attempt to destroy the city "

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

From the cover of one of the boulders, Corrina draws her wand and watches Barley climb the tower expertly. As he reaches the window, she pokes her head around and points the wand at the guard Barley is about to engage.

Magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 best laid plans...


@Barley: Windows, not parapets.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Barley successfully stealths up to the rear tower (?) and climbs 5' up the tower wall.

Climb reduces you speed to a 1/4th and Stealth reduces it by half, so you move at 1/8th of your speed while stealth-climbing. Need 3 more Climb+Stealth checks to reach the window undetected. Also, can't Take 20 as "Taking 20 means you are trying until you get it right, and it assumes that you fail many times before succeeding." Failure means you've been seen. I only allow Take 20 on Stealth if you have plenty of time to hide and judge your hiding spot. You are hiding on the fly. A single failure would mean you were detected.

Corrina is readying an attack with her wand for when Barley reaches the window.

What are the rest of you doing?

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Victoria will ready to cast a lightning arc at the same guard as Corrina.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen readies her bow. "Godspeed, Barley..." she whispers to herself.

201 to 250 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bold Strider's PFS 00-01 Silent Tide (Low Tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.