GM Bold Strider's PFS 00-01 Silent Tide (Low Tier) (Inactive)

Game Master rpblue

Map is Here.


1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 4–5).

When strange reports of misty undead spread through Absalom, you and your fellow Pathfinders are dispatched to the half-drowned district of Puddles. Notoriously rough, the drooling addicts, flesh panderers, and quick-handed knifers of Puddles are the least of your worries. The night's tide brings with it an ancient armada of some long-forgotten war and you are the only thing between their mist-shrouded ghost fleet and Absalom's utter oblivion.

Written by Michael Kortes


Your boots squash with fetid water as you plod through the Puddles. A thick fog hangs in the air, seeming almost to caress the flesh with an unnatural chill. As you stand outside the Soggy Piper in a foot and a half of brackish brine, you try to recall what was so damned important to demand your presence in the half-flooded slum during Absalom’s rainy season. You remember your meeting at the Lodge just a few hours earlier with your Venture-Captain, Adril Hestram.

A bear of a man with only a few teeth remaining in his head, he motioned you into the meeting hall with a casual wave of his grizzled hand. The human captain outweighs most of Absalom’s half-orcs, and though a layer of beefy blubber coats his frame, those of you who have tangled with him in the Lodge sparring ring know that beneath this thin veneer of fat lies nothing but solid, steely sinew. Adril’s wild beard wags to the ponderous shake of his massive head as he examines a scrap of ancient parchment on the table before raising his eyes to greet your gaze and speaking: “Come in then, friends, and thank you for answering my summons so swiftly. The society is in need. An old and quite penniless historian, a bespectacled wag-beard by the name of Yargos Gill has recently made a discovery in an old archive that we have a great interest in obtaining: an ancient codebook, left behind in the wake of one of Taldor’s many failed attempts at invasion. This several-hundred-year-old text would prove an excellent addition to our collection, and must be preserved.

“Yargos makes his home in ‘The Puddles,’ Absalom’s poorest district, suffering from a well-known reputation as a haven for lowlifes. Following an earthquake ten years ago, parts of the Puddles now rest below sea level, resulting in frequent and untimely flooding. Those who can afford not to live there—don’t.

“The district is the stomping ground of pimps, harlots, addicts, knifers, and hoards of unseemly derelicts. It’s never been a kind place, but recent reports reveal some new nameless terror on her waterlogged streets. Several persons claim to have seen cloaked, skeletal-like figures marching through an unnatural fog. Ill tidings indeed. Tracking down Yargos is now a priority—--lest some yellow-toothed thug cut him down, or one of these strange wraiths carry him beyond the pale. Find him, fellow Pathfinders, and find the codebook. Your exploits
will be recorded in the Chronicles if you succeed.”

The memory fades as a fresh deluge of cold seawater rounds a bend in the lane and assaults your knees. After searching for Yargos at his favorite eatery, the Soggy Piper, you learned you just missed him. According to the Piper’s staff, a gang of dangerous young tattooed toughs arrived ahead of you. They grabbed Yargos and several of his friends from their dinner table and dragged them to a nearby cliff at the edge of the Puddle District. The watch was called, but they will arrive too late, as they often do in the Puddles, when they bother to venture there at all.

It is early evening, the first Wealday of the month of Desnus, an old man is about to face some awful fate at the sea cliff known as Torsen’s Maw, and you are no closer to finding the codebook Adril sent you for.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

The tall eleven warrior with a large curved blade slung to her back crosses her arms. "Well, we must make haste to Torsen's Maw. We mustn't miss our chance to learn the location of this code book."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

A bright-eyed, middle-aged Pathfinder sat through the briefing beaming. She introduced herself afterwards, "Hi! I'm Corrina. I do a little magic but I prefer to use my sword. My husband has been a Pathfinder for years. I've just joined recently. It should be fun exploring the Puddle District! I haven't been through there before."

At the Soggy Piper, Corrina's jovial mood fades as they learn about Yargos's kidnapping. She blows one of her bangs out of her face with a frustrated sigh. "My husband always said he mostly did academic work for the Society. I thought that meant it was less dangerous."

"Yeah, let's stop these jerks before they do something stupid."

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

...Long ago in a remote region of Tien, an Andoran caravan traveling through a small village, left behind a child. Found at the dam down by the river by a fisherman, he was raised as the village’s own. Twenty-five years later,...

Quickened footstep through the Puddles, brings a portly barrelled chest young man to join the group. He is obviously not of the same stock as the normal Tien men, heavy build with light blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Complete in his black and grey outfit, he looks like an over-yeasted dinner roll in Lamellar casing. Paired swords at his side and an array of other weapons in sleeves daggle about - kusarigama, nunchaku, sai, blowgun, grappling hook and line. With a joyous and humble bellow, he introduces himself, "Greetings Rhoswen, Corrina - I am Barley 川から流木, of clan Sokaei. My master, Pinché, has allowed me to assist you upon this quest. Let us make haste to the cliffs."

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Shortly thereafter, a woman, joyfully splashing in the water, steps into the room. With hair streaked with gold, held back with a colorful, feathered headband, and eyes flashing with blue lightning, the young woman before you betrays her unworldly heritage. She wears a stylish robe of rainbow hues and a necklace of strange, decorative bird around her neck. Only the glaive she carries seams out of place with rest of her raiment

"This is only my second mission, but I will do my creative best to keep us safe. "


You travel down the cliffside path and see six brash young toughs covered with tattoos of vicious, snarling dogs prodding four terrified older men off the edge of a cliff into the sea. The prisoners are shackled together in a line with heavy chains, which shall surely drag them to the sea floor in short order should they tumble from the cliff’s edge into the churning waters below.

Initiative:
Thugs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Victoria: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Rhoswen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Corinna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Barley: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Farg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Initiative:
1st: Victoria, Rhoswen, and Corinna
2nd: Thugs
3rd: Barley and Farg

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Tori stops her soft singing and looks up to see the thugs ahead.

"What in the world are they doing? HEY! You there! You cannot treat people like that! I suggest you let them go immediately."

Shelyn, I never strike first, unless it is the only way to protect the innocent. Forgive me, but they need it now.

Assuming she can get within 30', she will point at the closest thug and unleashes an arc of electricity.

range touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 for electric: 1d6 ⇒ 4

She then grips her glaive (reach) and points in the direction of the thugs should they advance on her group.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

"We must act quickly!" Rhoswen shouts as she dashes to the side while drawing her longbow. She let's an arrow fly at one of the thugs closest to the group.

Composite Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Corrina draws a wand and points it at the thugs. "Stop terrorizing old men, you cowardly dogs! Or aren't you man enough to face women?"

Move action to draw wand. Standard action to ready action: if any of them make a move to push the men off the cliff, she'll hit them with a magic missile.
Damage, if triggered: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


The man electrocuted by Victoria runs away after screaming in pain. Dying ain't worth Nessian's money!

Another of the thugs takes an arrow to the shoulder causing him to curse at the women. He brandishes his dog's claw, moves to Rhoswen and strikes at her. These men have to die!

2nd Dog's Claw @ Rhoswen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The third thugs pushes the front man into the sea and receives a nasty force effect into his back for the efforts. The old man stumbles off the edge, the chain catching the next man pulling him over which ends up pulling all four men off the edge. The men disappear for a second before you here someone yell Help! I can't hold on for long!

Perception:
Victoria: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Rhoswen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Corrina: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Barley: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Farg: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Rhoswen and Farg see a pair of hands gripping a rocky outcropping that the men just stumbled from.

The fourth thug brandishes a light crossbow and readies it to fire. Keep 'em busy boys! Nessian said these geezers gotta go!

The fifth and sixth thugs brandish their dog's claws and rush the others.
5th Dog's Claw @ Barley: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
6th Dog's Claw @ Corrina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Thug 1: Ran Away
Thug 2: 3 damage
Thug 3: 4 damage
Thug 4: 0 damage
Thug 5: 0 damage
Thug 6: 0 damage

Wow, they all hit with their spiked gauntlets. Surprising.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen drops her bow. She shouts, "Someone try and help those men - they're hanging on!" She then moves as fast as she can to the cliffside to try and reach down to them.

Double move. Drawing 2 AoOs.

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Whether it was his own sense of goodness or the sight of old men reminded him of his grandfather, Barley's usual jovial countenance twists into a raging frown. He shouts only one word, "NO!", as he slices into the two thugs in front of him with his grandfather's katana.

Ki Attack Speed

katana on left thug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13;1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
katana on right thug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23;1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
threat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5;1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


The two men are struck down by Barley before Rhoswen has a chance to act. As Rhoswen moves, the thug attacking her takes a wild swing.

Dog's Claw AoO @ Rhoswen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Weird, I've never hit so often with mooks.

Thug 1: Ran Away
Thug 2: 3 damage
Thug 3: 4 damage
Thug 4: 0 damage, Readied Action
Thug 5: Unconscious, Bleeding Out Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Thug 6: Unconscious and Stable Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Corrina points her wand at one of the injured men and hits him with another missile. Then she rushes to the edge with Rhoswen.

She aims for the one she'd pass by if she took a straight path. If that doesn't drop him, she'll step around him to avoid AoO, and end in the square to the right of where she is now.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Ahh totaly missed that this had alredy gotten started! Moved myself on the map and will take a bite out of the Thug threatening corinna. Flanking applies. Activate Archaeologist luck as a a swift action flnking also applies to the attack.

Farg, a bit dim witted from time to time, had apparently been dozing but now surges forward with the speed of a devil and takes a hearty bite out of one of the mooks.

Bite PA1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Damage 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Victoria will more forward 30' towards the elderly men in chains.

If she gets any resistance from the remaining thugs she will whack them with her glaive.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


As Victoria, Corrina and Rhoswen rush to the men, the man hanging on loses his grip. Rhoswen leaps to grab the man's hand and is successful! Victoria and Corrina grab on to Rhoswen and try to keep her from being the fifth victim to fall off of the cliff.

Strength Check @ Rhoswen to Hold the Men From Falling: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Aid @ Victoria: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Aid @ Corrina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Rhoswen, Victoria and Corinna are not strong enough to hold onto the men and the group goes tumbling off the edge of the cliff.

Rhoswen, Victoria and Corinna may choose to fall with the men or let go of the group to save themselves.

All of the falling individuals take 1d3 ⇒ 3 nonlethal damage as they hit the water. After recovering from the impact, any party members in the water notice that one man is unconscious and that the group is sinking rapidly.

The unconscious man is in the first round of drowning and is third in the chains. You can attempt to break the chains with Sunder, Swim check (high DC) to pull the men back up to the surface, or Disable Device/Escape Artist to unlock the chains. Sundering free the middle two men will require a sunder on each side of the men. Any other unique solutions are welcome, as well. Any individuals on the cliff can enter the water with a DC 15 Acrobatics or Swim check. If you fail the check, then you take 1d3 nonlethal.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen chooses to fall into the water after the men. As she recovers from hitting the water, she draws her elven curved blade and tries to sunder the chain to one side of the unconscious man.

Sunder, Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 = 13

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Acro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"I'm coming!", Barley give the remaining mook a dirty look and dashes to the cliffside, catching his foot on a rock, he spins into the water like a shuriken. NL: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Then like a ninja manatee, Barley reaches for the unconscious man.1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Lingering performance kicks in to keep up the bonus from Archaeologists luck. As it applies to Skill checks as well both rolls below are made with a +2 bonus

The hulking Tiefling curses under his breath but decides it is time to help these drowning men as he dives into the water none too elegantly with a massive splash. Then he moves to free those in chains so that they can make it out on their own.

Acrobatics1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Disable Device1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Barley reaches the unconscious man with a successful Swim check (I assume), but is unable to counteract the heavy chains pulling the group down.

I forgot to mention that you need a DC 15 Swim check while in the water to move around and do anything, otherwise you are flailing about. (Standard Swim rules).

Farg dives in as well, taking 3 non-lethal damage.
Swim check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
The impact into the water dulled Farg's senses long enough for him to free the old man who was holding on to the rocks on the cliff. Farg then starts freaking out as he starts to go underwater.

The old man swims to the nearby beach (20' away).

Rhoswen strikes at the chains, but her weapon does nothing under the water but lightly scratch the iron. (Underwater Combat rules)
Swim check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

[ooc]1 safe / 2 holding their breath / 1 drowning (1st round)

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Yes that was a swim roll, here's more

Swim self: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Lifeguard: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Next round?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

How far is the drop to the water?

Corrina lets go to prevent from being dragged off the cliff with the prisoners. She points her wand at the last thug and sends another missile. Getting some use out of this... Then she pulls rope out of her pack.

Magic missile damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


You can tell me what you are doing, but Corrina and Victoria still have to go. It looks like Barley's next round will include helping an old man to shore.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Did you see Corrina's action? It looks like I posted it the same time you were answering Farg.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Guess I'd try not to drown for starters however my swim check should be taking into account the archaeologists luck bonus.
Swim 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
having managed that I'd like to try and save the drowning guy unless he's already taken care of. I'm off to bed now so feel free to make any rolls for Farg.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Victoria tried to stop herself but too late, and falls into the water.

Not the best of swimmers, she flails about trying to get her bearings.

swim, inspired : 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


The men sink ever lower into the water. It will now take a full round action to go from the surface to the men and back to the surface or a move action in one direction.

Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you go underwater.

Corrina - Rd. 1: On Land I would say a 30 ft. drop
Victoria - Rd. 1: Flailing about underwater
Farg - Rd. 2: Successful Swim spends a move action to reach the drowning man, Standard Disable Device(?)-He successfully frees the man from his chain.
DD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Barley - Rd. 2: Lifeguards the drowning man to shore, successfully saving him
Rhoswen - Rd. 1: Unsuccessfully tries to sunder the chains

Man #1 - Safe
Man #2 - Holding his Breath
Man #3 - Unconscious, but Safe
Man #4 - Holding his Breath

Waiting on Rhoswen, Victoria and Corrina's 2nd Round actions.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Victoria will reach into her beltpouch and pull out an air crytal and eat it (that probably uses all her actions as she sinks).

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

I'm assuming there's no more thugs left on the cliff?

Corrina puts away her wand and throws an end of the rope to the swimmers. She braces herself to hold the rope so that they can use it stay on the surface at least.

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

So there is two men sinking, along with Victoria at the moment?

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen does her best to stay afloat.

Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Uh-oh, is she underwater now?


Corrina - Rd. 2: Lowers a rope to the water. Anyone on the surface making a Swim check gets a +5 to stay above water.
Victoria - Rd. 2: Eat an air crystal. Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14. 20' underwater.
Farg/Barley - Rd. 2: Rescued the drowning man
Rhoswen - Rd. 1: Underwater, Holding her Breath. 20' underwater

Man #1 - Safe
Man #2 - Holding his Breath, Reaches the bottom of the ocean (30') - 3rd Round of Holding Breath
Man #3 - Unconscious, but Safe
Man #4 - Holding his Breath, Reaches the bottom of the ocean (30') - 3rd Round of Holding Breath

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Barley pulls out an air bladder and inflates it, leaps into water then grabs Corrina's rope, "Farg! Corrina! I'm going to swim down and tie the rope, haul them up when I tug!".

1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 5 = 15

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

I'm likely afk for the night, here's Barley next round. If himself start drowning, then he'll pull rope.

full round dive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Farg would have to climb the cliff to meet up with Corrina or take two turns worth of move actions (double move each time) to take the path to meet up with her.

Barley, over the next two turns, 1) swims back out and grabs the rope and 2) dives down 15'.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Less worried about drowning, Victoria reaches bottom while trying to swim to shore. swim,inspire?: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

Once she reaches 30' down, can she walk on the bottom, or still swim check to move?

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

Rhoswen struggles as she slips below the surface of the water. Her focus goes from helping the others to saving her own skin. She does her best to fight her way back to the surface.

Swim Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Hrmmm.


Hardest encounter ever?

Reaching the bottom is still a swim check to move.

Corrina - Rd. 3: Holds on to rope in the water. Anyone on the surface making a Swim check gets a +5 to stay above water.
Victoria - Rd. 3: Flailing about 30' underwater.
Farg - Rd 3: ?
Barley - Rd. 3: Swims back out/ Rd. 4: Dives down 15', Rope becomes taut. (30' cliff, 5' of bracing at the edge of the cliff, 15' underwater).
Rhoswen - Rd. 3: Underwater, Holding her Breath. 30' underwater (20 rounds of breath left)

Man #1 - Safe
Man #2 - Holding his Breath, Reaches the bottom of the ocean (30') - 3rd Round of Holding Breath
Man #3 - Unconscious, but Safe
Man #4 - Holding his Breath, Reaches the bottom of the ocean (30') - 3rd Round of Holding Breath

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Fighter 5 HP: 49/49 | AC 22 | T 15 | FF 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | CMD 20 | Init +6 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +0

This isn't going well. C'mon Rhoswen, you've been swimming before, and you've survived some of the horrors of Thornkeep!

The elf tries to orient herself underwater. She sees the two men that have sunk to the bottom and tries to go after them.

Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Rhoswen will swim to the closest man and try to grab him.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg will move back out of the water to pull the rope.

Swim 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Magus 1 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +2 | Init +1 | Perception +0

Corrina calls down when she sees Farg return to the surface. "It's not long enough? Here, take the other end to the shore!" She drops her end of the rope to Farg and points toward the shore where the old men have been swimming to safety. She then checks her pack to make sure her spellbook is in its waterproof bag in case she needs to jump into the water.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg grabs the rope from Corinna and swims to shore with the rope between his fangs.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

Victoria will also try to grab the nearest victim and pull towards the shore
swim : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Corrina - Rd. 4: Drops the rope to Farg.
Victoria - Rd. 4: Rights herself, swims to the nearest man (#2) and grabs him, but is unable to move him. (DC 25 to move men attached to the chains).
Farg - Rd 4: Grabs the rope and swims to shore.
Barley - Rd. 4: Dives down to 15'.
Rhoswen - Rd. 4: Rights herself, swims to the nearest man (#4) and grabs him, but is unable to move him. (DC 25 to move men attached to the chains). (19 rounds of breath left)

Man #1 - Safe
Man #2 - Holding his Breath, Reaches the bottom of the ocean (30') - 4th Round of Holding Breath
Man #3 - Unconscious, but Safe
Man #4 - Holding his Breath, Reaches the bottom of the ocean (30') - 4th Round of Holding Breath

Silver Crusade

Ninja 5

Swim: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 5 = 18
Lifeguard: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 5 = 14

Barley barrels down to reach the men but begins to panic when he can't get the rope tied properly. Visceral fear of old men dying at his hands grips his thoughts. Then all at once the chaos ceased, a stillness fell, a sudden peace; the voice of his grandfather calls to him.

Forgotten Trick:Strong Stroke
Lifeguard reroll: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 5 = 30

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Assuming my action will be holding and pulling the rope. Any checks required to do so?

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Sorc 9 AC17/T13/F14 +1 all /CMD14 |HP 74/74 | Fort:+9;Ref:+9;Will+9 |Percept.+11 (darkvision) | Init.+9 (0/1 shirt, electric arcs 0/7 used) (Whirlwind 0/1) {Mage armor}

swim : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

having no chance to pull the man with the heavy chains, Tori heads for the shore.

1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bold Strider's PFS 00-01 Silent Tide (Low Tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.