GM Bold Strider's Mummy's Mask (Inactive)

Game Master rpblue

Wati
Combat Map
LOOT!


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,531 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

[b]"Indeed, Teos. That was trying on us all. And the Dead City will be trying beyond that, I think. We could all use a rest. I have just a few more notes to make before bed and then let us start as early as possible tomorrow."


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

Upon rising the next morning, Brynark grabs some poached eggs from the innkeep's kitchen, including a bit of sausage and bacon with the plate. He quaffs down some juice and water as he eats before letting out a satisfied sigh. "Alright, I am ready to explore the Dead City." he remarks to the others.


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Teos dust himself off from sleeping on the common floor. He takes a simple meal of dates and bread, and eats silently while the others ruminate over the coming adventure.


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Ankhef nods as he desperately tris, and fails to get his backpack organized.


Returning to the inn to rest, the party collapses into your respective beds and fall asleep as soon as heads hit the pillow.

The following morning as you breakfast in the common room, a familiar looking man enters and finds you. Reintroducing himself as Menya the Whip, one of the people you saved during the original outbreak. "I wanted to come by and thanks you again. I heard you saved Ptemenib and wanted to express my gratitude for helping the city. I am opening a new armor shop in the Midwife district and would like to present you with this, a sample of my finest wares!"

He hold out a delicate chain shirt. "This is mistmail!" Menya says.

Mistmail:
Aura faint conjuration CL 3rd
Slot armor; Price 2,250 gp; Weight 25 lbs.
Description
The fine links of this +1 chain shirt form a pattern of roiling clouds. On command once per day, the wearer can transform it into thick fog that fills his space and provides concealment (20% miss chance). This mist moves with the character. Effects that disperse the mist or destroy it cause the armor to reform into its solid shape on the character’s body, as does speaking the command word or entering a place where the fog-magic doesn’t function (such as underwater). If the character tries to don another suit of armor while the mistmail is in fog form, it reforms at the character’s feet.


Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

Seherab carefully takes the bottom of the shirt and runs it through his fingers. "This is fine work, truly. We couldn't possibly accept such a generous gift. But I also would not insult you by denying something so thoughtful. Thank you, Menya. I am positive this will save us from many deadly blows."

Seherab has a +1 mithral chain shirt already but unless someone else wants it, this might be good for him. That extra 20% is nice, even if it's only 1/day. Unfortunately we can't upgrade it though so eventually I'd want to switch back to the +1 mithral shirt.


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Teos bows in gratitude and then patiently helps honored Seherab don his armor. The monk then helps pack their gear before setting out to the Dead City.


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

"Thank you, sir. I'm sure it will be put to good use." remarks the dwarf as he sees Seherab eye it with a gleam.

Once Teos sets out, Brynark will follow him.


After Menya leaves, Ptemenib calls on you and teels you he has arranged another meeting with Sebti the Crocodile and Nakht Shepses to guide your initial search before you venture into the necropolis. Returning to the Grand Mausoleum with the Pharasmin, Sebti the Crocodile and Nakht Shepses greet you and get down to the matter at hand.

Sebti the Crocodile is the most keen to see mortal investigators resolve the crisis, and she offers to let the party keep any riches they might find in the necropolis, though she urges you to remember the three rules of their earlier explorations in the necropolis.

She then tells you one of the Pharasmins’ greatest secrets. When the necropolis was first walled off nearly 1,800 years ago, more than a dozen necromantic detectors called elegiac compasses were concealed inside. These devices can sense large sources of necromantic energy, and church inquisitors have used them to track and subdue fell inf luences in the necropolis. As of 30 years ago, the last time they were used, five elegiac compasses remained functional and could possibly be used to triangulate the source of the undead uprising. Sebti doesn’t know whether all of the elegiac compasses are still operational, but she provides you with a map to their locations. "Perhaps you could use the compasses to triangulate the source of the uprising...."

Nakht Shepses suspects that a cult of atheist lamias called the Amushet might be behind the undead uprising, no doubt agitated by the church’s ill-advised exploration program. According to Nakht, the lamias know bizarre magics and have been known to take paramours from the city’s populace, releasing them only after blinding them and driving them insane. The Amushet inhabit the Cenotaph of the Cynic in the necropolis, treating it as their personal playground.

In his investigations of Wati’s grave-robbing gangs, Ptemenib regularly visits the necropolis, and has made contact with a clan of dark folk called the Xotl who dwell beneath Vizier’s Hill. Ptemenib suggests that the party seek out the Xotl leader, named Unwrapped Harmony, in the old villa of the Asetiti family, and sketches you a quick map showing the villa’s location. Among the less dangerous of the necropolis’s denizens, the dark folk are tolerated by the church, and Ptemenib believes they could have information about the outbreak of undeath in the city.

Ptemenib also knows that the Veins district is riddled with smuggling tunnels into the necropolis, though he has never found any himself. Some of the area’s canals and drainage tunnels weren’t entirely blocked off when the district was divided, and in the centuries since the creation of the necropolis, others have been reopened by smugglers. "There is likely a tunnel in the hideout where you saved me...."

To aid you in your task, Sebti provides the party with a lesser ectoplasmic metamagic rod from the Grand Mausoleum’s treasury.

Armed with information, you feel you are ready to enter the necropolis.

You have a couple of choices on entering, the smuggler tunnel in the Silver Chain hideout, (which is also fairly close to one of the elagic compasses), through the main gate, with hundreds on undead on the other side, or lastly, you could try to scale the walls surrounding the Dead City, at some other location.


Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

Atheist llamas? I don't own any llamas. Oh wait....

"Never met any dark folk, not any I could trust at least, but we'll take your word that Unwrapped Harmony is a good fellow. Sounds like the tunnel is our best way to get in and close to one of our targets. Besides, we're dwarves. If we didn't take the tunnel we'd be laughed out of our hometown."


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

Brynark gives a huff of a laugh. "Agreed, plus I'm not one fer scaling walls." he remarks in kind.

Two votes for tunnel!


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Teos shrugs and abstains from voting - although it is clear the thought of a wall doesn't overly seem to concern him. He does look curious, if uncomprehending, at the mention of lamias.

I'm guessing Brynark can get slightly more use from the rod?


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

"Through the tunnel!" bellows Brynark as he sets off, determined to stride boldly into his prophecy.


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Ankhef nods at the tunnel plan.


After what seems to a be a long pause, the party heads off to the Silver Chain hideout and takes the smuggler's tunnel into the Necropolis.

A portion of the tunnels’ stonework has collapsed here, exposing the winding crypts beneath to the harsh sky above. Shallow alcoves line each wall, stacked high with artfully arranged human bones and skulls. In the center of this subterranean chamber, a jumble of bronze springs and copper plates lies tangled in a pile of fallen stone.

KN: engineering DC 12:
You think the bronze springs and copper plates are what remain of a broken elegiac compass.


Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (5) = 19

"Hmm," Seherab picks about in the bronze pieces on the stone. "Looks to me like this was our compass, but of course it's been broken for some time. Not much use. I think the most we can hope for is to find another one and pray to Ptah that it still works."


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Make whole? Fix? Teos signs questioningly, although he looks unconvinced at the feasibility of his suggestion.

The monk looks about carefully, curious why the pile of fallen stone migh have occurred in the first place, in clear contrast to the well organized alcoves. The combinations seems such an unlikely contrast.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Four of those compass locations don't show up on the map: Ghoul Market, Observatory of Truth and Wisdom Pyramid of Arithmetic Bliss, Temple of the Risen Osiris. Two do: Archives of the Ibis, Dust Parlor. Does the tunnel correspond to any of those six locations


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

"We should go to the compasses that we know of. I vote for the Archives first unless there is an easier route to another." remarks Bryn.


Teos Oldwise wrote:
Four of those compass locations don't show up on the map: Ghoul Market, Observatory of Truth and Wisdom Pyramid of Arithmetic Bliss, Temple of the Risen Osiris. Two do: Archives of the Ibis, Dust Parlor. Does the tunnel correspond to any of those six locations

You exited the tunnels around the south side of the Necropolis. Position is now marked on map. The rest of the locations aren't marked, but you know where they are based on Ptemnib's map.


As Seherab rummages through the remains of the compass, he begins to hear a hissing sound, quickly amplified by a chorus of hisses. Within moments, the ground to the south looks as if it is moving as swarms of tiny snakes come boiling out of their lair!

Rolls:
A: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
S: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 +2 underground
T: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
SS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Initiative:
Teos
Snake Swarms
Ankhef
Seherab
Brynark

Teos is up!

Combat Map is linked at top.


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

The monk quickly channels his inner calm - snakes, why did it have to be snakes?

He lashes out again and again at the manifold creatures. His fist pursts into fire as he punches.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
physical: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12+fire: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 -> 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
physical: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 -> 3
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
physical: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 -> 6


Teos reacts quickly to the slithering serpents, stomping, punching, and burning the snakes with his first and last attacks, killing a great number of the creatures!

The swarms surge forward, crawling all over Ankhef, Seherab, and Teos!

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 And two Forts Saves DC 15 vs distraction and poison

Party up!

Tracker:
R-31


Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Fort against poison: 1d20 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 6 = 17

Seherab scowls and steps away from the snakes as he draws out his mace and starts smashing it on the ground. "Why did it have to be snakes?"

light mace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Too slow! Already used that joke!
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Eww!

Teos is resolute against the distraction of the snake, but succumbs to the poison!


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

Brynark moves back way from the snakes as he decides to cover them in frost. "Move clear of them so I can freeze their very essences!" he yells to Ankhef and Teos, seeing that Seherab has already vacated their spot.

Frost Fall: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 DC 20 or staggered.

Srsly?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5
Teos Oldwise wrote:
Too slow! Already used that joke!

But not aloud! Seherab just verbalized it for you.


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Distraction: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Poison: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Ankhef staggers back out of the way, having been stung on the tongue by a scorpion and finding himself unable to speak.


Forgot to list the poison: Poison (Ex) Swarm—injury; save Fort DC 15; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Seherab keeps his wits about him and smashes some snakes with his mace!

2d20 ⇒ (3, 17) = 20

Brynark evokes a small amount of snow, frosting a few snakes, and slowing down one of the swarms!

Tracker:
R-33
B-9

Teos and Ankef?


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Got my post in before you. Not sure how snakes turned into scorpions, but I probably should have waited until this morning to post instead of right after I got home from my con. Just over 90 tables btw, super exciting.

Con Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Teos looks queasy as the venom courses through his body. Still, he stands resolute and sends his fists furious fling in a frantic fiery frenzy.

con: 1d2 ⇒ 2
new save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 dice roller has it in for me, apparently.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
physical: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11+fire: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
physical: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
physical: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


As Ankhef backs away from the snakes, Teos stomps some, dispersing one swarm and thinning out the other!

Damage to Teos: 1d6 ⇒ 3 And Fort Saves.

The snakes slither over to the monk that is threatening them!

Party up!


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

distraction: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
poison: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Teos is momentarily overcome by the writhing mass of venomous belly crawlers. We shakes uncontrollably.

1d2 ⇒ 1

He does step out of the swarm, though.


Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

Seherab keeps smashing at the snakes!

light mace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Poison: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
Con Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The snake venom continues to pump through Ankhef's veins as he struggles to find a lesser restoration scroll from his bag.

Standard to pull out scroll.


Teos is overcome by the swarm and finds himself unable to defend himself!

Seherab keeps at it, smashing more tiny vipers!

Ankhef removes a scroll as struggles with the snake venom.

Brynark!


Vision Quester 5 HP: 32/32 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | CMD 12 | Initiative +2 | Perception/Sense Motive +1 | Knowledge(Arc/Pla) +13/(His) +10/(Nat) +12 | Spellcraft +13
Resources:
Sorc: 1st: 4/4 | Witch: See List
Current Adjustments:
--

Brynark, out of options, readies to move if the remaining swarm comes for him. Will move the full 20' to avoid the swarm if possible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In a burst of light, a giant ball of dwarven flesh and metal plummets from the sky and smashes into the snakes, sending them scurrying away. In the slight crater left by the impact of such a heavy dwarf, you see a bold Dwarfadin of Torag. On his shoulder sits a small earth elemental.

In the distance, you hear a voice yelling towards the group. "Hoooooogan! Wait for meeeee!" A gnome can be spotted, running up to you.

It takes a second, but you realize that the Dwarfadin landed on Brynark before he could move and now only a puddle of water remains where the icy dwarf once stood.


M Dorfadin 5 HP: 8/59, AC:22 FF:21 T:11 F:+9 R:+3 W:+6(+5 vs spells/spell-likes, +2 vs poison +2 vs death effects), Perception +1, Darkvision 60 (Effects:)

"Oy. By Torag's beard, what was that? How did I end up here?" Hogan asks no one in particular. The small earth elemental looks to him shrugging before sliding off his shoulder to the ground.


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

Ankhef looks stunned for a moment as he tries to figure out what happened to Brynark, before deciding he must have been a simulacrum.

Ankhef having weathered the worst of the poison puts his scroll away in the outer left pouch of his backback. Almost immediately the scroll floats out on its own and repositions it self in a different pocket.

"Well, I... You... Fell?" Ankhef stutters, in a bit of disbelief before his trust of Dwarves takes over and he continues.

"Welcome to Wati, undead have overrun large swaths of the city and we're doing our best to help. Are you here to help too?"


M Dorfadin 5 HP: 8/59, AC:22 FF:21 T:11 F:+9 R:+3 W:+6(+5 vs spells/spell-likes, +2 vs poison +2 vs death effects), Perception +1, Darkvision 60 (Effects:)

"I suppose so brother. Last thing I knew, I was having a hearty brew. Now I'm here. I can slay some undead. Name's Hogan."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome Evangelist of Ra-Tor | HP 35/53 | AC16 (T12, FF15) | Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +8* | Perc +8 (+10) | Init +6

Dwizzle prods the newly formed puddle with the tip of his longspear, upon which hangs a large flowing banner in the eternal celebration of dwarvish culture.

(The banner is so glorious, you all feel as if mere proximity to its splendor would grant +1 bonuses and such)

"Hmmm. A bit snow-like... maybe a simulacrum?"

Dwizzle effects a dramatic bow.

"Dwizzle Dandydweller, dwarf..."

Dwizzle lets the word hang in the air for a very long time, seeming to imply he's introduced himself as a fellow dwarf.

His voice then goes low and soft.

"... historian and theologian."

Coughing, he looks about with some guilt and continues to explain how and where they have come from.

"I'm with Hogan here. Our common god, Ra-Tor... you all probably know him as Tor-Rag. He spoke to me over a bowl of chili and old barleywine. Said something about us all joining up and making Osirion safe from dwarves."

Dwizzle smacks himself on the side of the head.

"...for dwarves, for dwarves."


M Dorfadin 5 HP: 8/59, AC:22 FF:21 T:11 F:+9 R:+3 W:+6(+5 vs spells/spell-likes, +2 vs poison +2 vs death effects), Perception +1, Darkvision 60 (Effects:)

"I keep telling you, they're different gods." Hogan says giving the gnome side eye.


Gnome Evangelist of Ra-Tor | HP 35/53 | AC16 (T12, FF15) | Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +8* | Perc +8 (+10) | Init +6

"Oh, of course, of course!"

Dwizzle waves a hand meekly in Hogan's direction, his eyes acutely focused on the newly met dwarves standing in front of him.

"We can revisit the evidence another time, perhaps after some mead and chilli..."


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Ankhef solemnly nods, a little overwhelmed by the rapid gnome speech though.


Gnome Evangelist of Ra-Tor | HP 35/53 | AC16 (T12, FF15) | Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +8* | Perc +8 (+10) | Init +6

Dwizzle takes Ankhef's solemn nod for comprehension, understanding and agreement... of everything he's been saying.

Clapping his hands together, he looks about with great enthusiasm, clearly believing that no matter what happens, all present have unquestionably been forged into a new team with a single task.

"So... undead. Over-running Wati. Sounds like a job for Team Dwarf, right? Where do we get started? What do we know? What leads do we have? What do we think caused troubles? What kind of undead? The mrpmmm-mrhmmm shambling around kind that hankers for brain? Or the rattle-prattle-chattle bony kind that needs a good warhammer to stop?"

Dwizzle looks about, doing a quick inventory count of warhammers or their larger equivalents carried by his new best friends.


Male Pahmet Dwarf Investigator 5 | HP 28/34 |
stats:
AC 22 T 16 FF 17 (+2 dodge vs aberrations) | CMD 17 (+4 bull rush/trip) | F +3 R +9 W +6 (+4 poison, +2 spells/SLA, +1 traps) | Init +4 (+2 undrgrnd) | Perc +14 (+2 stone, +2 traps)
Inspiration 4/5

Seherab, quite uncharacteristically, stands with his mouth agape for a few seconds trying to take in this new development. "But... Brynark?" He ignores the newcomers and bends to the ground to poke at the slush. "Simulacrum indeed, I suppose. But he sure had us fooled."

Seherab straightens back up and shakes his head and then tries to start again. "Well, never mind. My name is Seherab Menedes Glyphkeeper, scholar and researcher on this expedition. We'll be published for sure, with the findings we've had so far. But only more to discover!"

To all the questions, Seherab just sighs. "Yes, undead of all kinds overrunning the city. So far the Pharasmins have been helpful enough and we have rescued a priest named Ptemenib who should prove a reliable source in the future. We rooted out a band of misfits we suspected were causing problems but the undead weren't coming from them, at least not directly. Figuring out where they're coming from and who's causing the trouble is what we're on to now, if you'd like to join and help us out."

Seherab goes on to explain, "There were supposed to be these beacon-sensor things but this one doesn't appear functional anymore." He points to the pile of broken brass pieces he tried to repair earlier. "So I guess we need to find the others and from there triangulate our way to the source of the problem."

Sorry, it's been so long and the game has been so slow the past few months that I'm a bit fuzzy on the details of what's been going on lately and I have had way too long of a day to read through the thread and remind myself of all that has happened so far.


Monk 5 HP 48/48 | AC 20(23) T 17 FF 17 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +8 (+2 vs. spells, spell-likes, poisons; +1 vs. super effects of undead)| CMD 23 (25 v grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 Elemental Fist 5/5, Ki 6/6

Teos looks looks like he is going to introduce himself for a brief moment, but stops and merely smiles and waves. The monk has a fine belt, amulet and hooded cloak, but most of his garb is plain, even ragged. He takes a moment to write in the sand Teos with callused fingers.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 1d2 ⇒ 1

He finally shakes the potion, but looks ashen-faced.


M Dorfadin 5 HP: 8/59, AC:22 FF:21 T:11 F:+9 R:+3 W:+6(+5 vs spells/spell-likes, +2 vs poison +2 vs death effects), Perception +1, Darkvision 60 (Effects:)

"Good to meet you brothers. It sounds worthy of my strength."


Oracle 5 | HP 13/43 | AC 18 T 9 FF 18 | Fort +4 Ref 1 Will +6 | CMD 14 | Init -1 | Perc +3
Resources:
Spells: 1(5/7) 2(1/5) RTD (0/1) CU (6/7) CLW (13/50)

Ankhef goes back looking for the scroll he put away just moments ago, it takes Ankhef several tries to guess the correct pocket.

He will read the scroll on Teos. Lesser Resto: 1d4 ⇒ 4

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,531 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tektite's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.