GMBobJones PFS 6-18 From Under Ice (Inactive)

Game Master TheBobJones

Where on Golarion | Tactical


151 to 168 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Dice Rolls | Tactical

Lort gives better than he gets. Shards of ice encapsulate him taking cold damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

But his protective magics shield him from any damage. The half-Orc remembers that this is a nasty version of undead called a Revenant but different than the normal kind. It can shriek, hates jawdgia and mirrors.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Friendly gm reminder. 2x movement for ice, +5 DC for acro checks, spend a ki point if you need to Cyrus.

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF
GM_TheBobJones wrote:
Fort save gunari

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 I assume I'll handle the resist cold 10

EDIT: missed heroism in my tag line saves


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Gunari like Lort before him managed to shave flesh and ice off the undead.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus springs into action as the undead dwarf bursts from the ice, supported on by the inspiring words and song of the honey tounged Miro. He ducks through the door, using his trade mark slide, oh so effective across the ice, using the warpriest as a distraction to avoid leaving himself open for an attack.

moved 15 feet to get into flank with lort, using a ki point to get a +20 to scrip to help avoid the aoo.

acro, +5dc for ice, ki point, IC, boots: 1d20 + 16 + 20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 20 + 2 + 5 = 55

Once in place, he uses the power of his boots and his superior footwork to find a weak spot in the enemy's flank.

attack, boots, canny tumble, flank, ic: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 36 for damage, sneak, IC: 1d6 + 2 + 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (2, 5, 5) + 2 = 20

crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 20 for extra crit damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Making everyone else better being his niche, Miro begins to inspire his comrades, having no desire to get closer to the dwarf. Indeed, it seemed as though they had everything under control.

Start IC


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

cold damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Lort moves in and lops off a chunk of the dwarfcicles arm while Gunari and Cyrus combine to pierce what would be considered a vital organ if this creature had one.

Miro, Ibid, Amaranti up next

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

With the swift mental command, Amaranti orders Kaisharga to charge forwards. Wings buzzing, the eidolon and its riders glide throught the cold air, towards the enemy. Gunari stands in the doorway, blocking the complete view to the dwarf, so Amaranti needs to find a way for his lance past the warpriest's armored back.

Lance, charge, IC, heroism, PA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 22 Opponent has cover
Damage, charge, AS, PA, IC: 2d8 + 26 + 4 ⇒ (7, 2) + 26 + 4 = 39

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

Kaisharga reaches out with it's long, slender body, and tries to grab the dwarfcicle into its jaws. But the cold, slippery surface proves impenetrable to the eidolon of the warm lands.
Bite, Charge: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The large Garundi and his flying mount manage to both circumvent the war priest, and vanquish their undead foe all in the same swift motion.

Lort and Ibid recognize that the dwarf was wearing a hexagonal hematite beard clasp with a single rune inscribed on it. They take it, believing it to be somehow important in their quest to come tapestry toil. It is called a gladdringgoch, something a clan leader would wear to show off their status. A bit more time studying it and they discover the run is one that signifies royalty or kings blood. They also notice it is from King Gutheran's family line.

On the table they find a beautiful waraxe and and a travelers pack. Rummaging through it, which is what they always do, they find a diary.

Flipping the pages they read lots of inconsequential material like, "Flangour was an a!!&#@! at the meeting today"; "Bernema likes Throngar, but he likes Sermanti"

Lort shifts impatiently as they did through the diary, finally coming to the important part, Player Handout 1

due to my limited posting status, what happened is he stayed behind to look for his son after Hao Jin transported them all to her realm, his last minute search for his son, and the approach of BabaYaga's invasion. Without Hao Jins intervention, probably would have been overrun by Baba


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The Pathfinder, feeling great after vanquishing their foe, gather their findiings and prepare to move out. Once they reach the courtyard, they see a small force from Dalum.

The party consists of a winter witch, a mounted guard, and an ice troll.

The witch begins, "Uliyara, what ist this company that you keep. Come leave these southern and return with me to your mother. My lieutenant will arrest these southerner men sent to kidnap you."

"You have it all wrong, These men are fierce warriors, and scholars to boot. They saved me from the winter wolf and any icy undead. I wish, of my own accord, to leave with them and join this society of theirs."

Please make me a diplomacy check DC15 and we can wrap this in a bow. I will leave this open to post a proper ending once I grt back to normal, but as always well done all!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Cyrus looks around at the gathered force, not the least bit intimidated with his powerful friends around. He realizes the delicacy of the situation, and not wanting to cause incident between the society and the government of a nation, uses words instead of blades.

"The Pathfinder society aims to explore, report and cooperate. We gather information and knowledge, then use that to further the mutually beneficial relationships we have made."

Cyrus emphasizes the end, hoping the others will take it from there, showing just how wonderful it might be to have a relationship with the society, not to mention a family member within its ranks.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"We are indeed brave, and some are scholarly," Lort accepts the compliment with his customary lack of modesty, "And we have no desire to keep a daughter from her mother. When she came to us, it was under the guise of a Varki woman, as I'm sure Haltani / Uliyara / whoever-the-fück-she-is will attest. To be honest, I have had my fill of deception and intrigue in these lands of yours. You want this woman? You seem like you won't do her any harm, so you can have her and we'll be taking our leave. Didn't find what we wanted anyway.

"If you want my advice," continues Lort, knowing full well that they don't want his advice but barreling on anyway, "If you've got daughters, sisters, cousins, nieces - whoever - running around disguised and tricking other folk into revealing information about themselves, the least you could do is keep track of it properly so you don't end up arresting those she's informing on. You should have heard the level of questioning we got earlier on in the journey. She's quite the spy. We had thought she was just cute and genuinely curious. Now we find out she's a witch-scion."

Lort takes a deep breath, "So, have her. If you want us to come back to meet her mother and explain what happened, then fine. If you want us to come back in chains, then we can do to you what we did to the ancient dead back there, or the winter wolf whose heart I recently devoured. Your choice."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 -- While the above is indeed Lort's misguided idea of diplomacy, perfectly happy if you disallow an aid action after that speech!

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF
Handout wrote:

The cold winds howled fiercely last night. I fear that the cataclysm may truly be as great as the strange sorcerer Hao Gin warned. She has been knocking at our doors every morning, and today, I made the decision for the clan—better to take the risk of letting her whisk us all away into her mysterious realm than the certainty of freezing to death. Unfortunately, Bardak didn’t agree. My son is far too stubborn for his own good. He ran off, and I couldn’t find him anywhere. Now it’s too late; Hao Gin spirited away the rest of the clan, and I’m stuck out here in the last few rooms that she left behind. Even worse, a giant block of ice froze over the only way out of here. I could swear I heard cackling laughter from the other side of the ice, before it grew thick enough to seal off all sound from the outside world. I can only pray to Torag that Bardak changed his stubborn mind and accompanied his kin.

Gunari looks a bit confused, as he tries to summon up the performer within anyone who frequents bars as often as he does. "Madam, although my friend Lort here apparently disagrees, Uliyara yearns for a new life, one away from the icy controls of the north. I find her to be a kindred spirit," he winks at Uliyara, "And if she would like to join the Pathfinder Society, I would gladly sponsor her.

"She has already expressed interest in leaving. Of her own accord. Why would you want someone that no longer desires to live under these circumstances to remain. You would only be creating a rebel, at worst; at best, she'd find a way to sneak out on her own. As Lort stated, she already has shown superior stealth and disguise abilities, so I don't doubt she'd try again. At least with us, she is protected by six swords and a snake... well, maybe four swords, a lance, a bow and a snake. Or something like that, you get my point.

"In any case, the lady has made a decision, and I am willing to back her on that decision, as far as it needs go.

"So, with that, I can assume that you are going to let her go?"
Fervor for Enhanced Diplomacy

Diplomacy, w/ aid (not using Lort's aid) and heroism: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 31 (Damn, but Gunari's been silver-tongued this adventure!)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

"It is true what the others say," the old man chimes in. "We were initially deceived of her true intentions and identity, but perhaps that was wise and for the better." Ibid pauses a moment to look upon Lort. "Although we cannot appreciate being deceived, I think we can agree Uliyara got to know us and made her own choice about joining our cause of her own free will. We did not try to sway her to join us, for we did not know those were the stakes she had placed upon the table."

"I would hope her mother can appreciate that this is her daughters own choice, made of her own free will, without coercion from us. But that being said, we do hope her mother respects her own daughter's choices and decision on his matter."

diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

"Indeed, one must be free to make one's own decisions, or life is little more than that of a slave. Please let our friend and companion make her choice in peace."

Miro smiles at the newcomers, then at Uliyara. Gunari had this in the bag...he had only spoken because...well, that's what he did.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Yes, she say she want see world. Nothing but snow here. And ice. Get boring very soon. She can come to Osirion. Much sand there. Much more interesting. And beautiful. And she grown up, no? She can go where she wants."

Amaranti is still a bit confused of the Haltani / Uliyara thing, but he tries his very best support his companions words. And there's quite enough fighting for the day, the Garundi doesn't feel like taking on a troll. Time to go home, to warmer places. And so Amaranti flashes his sweetest smile to the witch.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Kiryena's looks from the Pathfinders, to her cousin Uliyara, "is this what you want? To travel with southerner like this? Why when you could have all you need in Dalun? Never mind. You can explain yourself to your mother."

Uliyara looks at the Pathfinders and smiles a genuine smile of gratitude.

The makeshift company makes it way back to Dalun where Uliyara receives an audience with her mother, the Baroness Nayda. The Pathfinders wish her luck but make their way from Dalun to Kalsgard. Once aboard the Grinning Pixie, Venture Captain Benarry has the dwarves journal translated. Initially disappointed that they did not recover a piece of the sky key, she quickly becomes excited as she reads through Vargrim's journal.

venture captain Benarry face breaks into a wide smirk, and laughs. To think Naldak's piece of he Sky Key has been in Hao Jin tapestry all along. Well, easy enough I'll just have to chat with the master of spells about sending in a group to pick it up. The tapestry is vast and we never would have known where to look if it weren't for you. To top that off studying the section of Naldak's point that Hao Jin magic narrowly missed ripping out of Golarion could teach us more about the tapestry itself. Well done

You also established Uliyara as a contact for the society, and she give Cyrus/Amaranti her ice diamond necklace.

151 to 168 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMBobJones PFS 6-18 From Under Ice All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.