GM Batpony's PFS PBP Dwk Pt3-4 (Experience table) (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 448 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Queck pauses, then converses as calmly as possible after being shaken. “The crypt is a secret graveyard, long fallen from use, where traitorous families were buried, or in some cases re-buried, to scrub their stain from Taldan history. It most definitely exist!”

“The entrance lies under an ancient fountain hidden somewhere below Old Cassomir, though the knowledge of its exact location was lost some time ago and finding it presents a bit of a problem. A legend among engineers tells of a series of hidden clues within three Cassomir monuments. These clues yield three locations which, when triangulated, give the location of the surface entrance to the Crypt of Fools; they also show the combination required to unlock the entrance. Look for old buildings built by the Ismacco family, whom we’ve long suspected used the Crypt of Fools as the base of their heinous operations after it fell from use.”

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

"How will we know these buildings? What is the Ismacco crest?"

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Queck, with the help of some of the other engineers, quickly produce a rough map marking each of these buildings. They are all revealed on the handouts. She adds "I don't recall what the crest is. It's been such a long time." Perhaps they have another distinct means of marking?

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

I forget, have we been to the Imperial Hall of Records yet?

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

You've only set foot on Swift prison and Hall of Wonders.

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

"Perhaps we can learn more about this Ismacco family at the Imperial Hall of Records?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human(Lastwall) / Hunter (Divine Hunter)/2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 14 (11 Tch,13 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells: 1st (3/3) | Active conditions: None.

Listening to the engineers, Marius gives them an easy smile and shakes their hand. "Thanks for your help, any chance you can watch these crazy fools and we'll inform the guards on our way out?" he asks as they gather their gear.

Thinking for a moment, the Crusader shrugs and smiles. "Records sounds like as good a place as any, though Bureaucracy can be slow, so be prepared to grease some wheels."

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

The engineers nod in reply, and Queck wishes the group a farewell and good luck, but also thanks you for your services, and attempts to aid you the best way she can. She provides you with four potions of cure light wounds and a wand of detect secret doors (5 charges) in hopes it will aid you for the cause.

After asking around for directions, and following the map, you easily find way to the place known as Hall of Records through the busy streets of Cassomir. However on the way, you have a nagging feeling about the ordeal. The records has every record of birth, death, land titles, registrars of societies, trades, and what not. Going through every detail, likely will put into hours and hours of research.

Perhaps you've missed a vital detail along the way. Surely you must have missed a clue, perhaps there is something that can reveal the three locations yet.

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Wizard (Spell Slinger 1)/ Arcanist (Blood 2) 1 HP 14/ AC 14, FF11, Touch 13 Fort 0 Ref +3 Will +8 CMD 13 Int+3

As everyone starts to head out to the hall of records, Harry calls out to them.

Ya know, nobody ever accused me of being the sharpest knife, but I think if we're gonna be rescuin' folks, we shouldn't waste our time in the archives reading. Ya think maybe our mad painter already showed us where we got ta go?

Spitting out his toothpick and replacing it, he runs his thumb along his chin in thought.

I dunno, maybe it's the hall of records itself? Or perhaps it's quickfall abbey... either way, we don't have time to actually try and research the thing.... maybe those musical notes have something to do with it?

Gotta admit GM, I may be a bit slow in picking up the clues, hopefully my fellow pathfinders are better at deciphering the puzzle.

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

"Three paintings. Quickfall Abbey, Hall of Records, and... Did we ever look at the one on the floor? A moon each time. Let's check each one for monuments. And maybe the clues will only show under moonlight."

How full is the moon tonight approximately?

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

The moon tonight perhaps is a full moon.

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Wizard (Spell Slinger 1)/ Arcanist (Blood 2) 1 HP 14/ AC 14, FF11, Touch 13 Fort 0 Ref +3 Will +8 CMD 13 Int+3

Harry nods.

Everything these nutters got has to do with moons, so let's go to the archives and look for something to do with moons. That might help.

Aaand now we have a plan of action! Yay!

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

"Wait, The statue. There were little moon symbols on it yes? This map they drew for us shows the prison with the statue to the west, Quickfall Abby to the east, the Hall of Records sort of in the middle. The building of note between them all is the Admiralty Citadel. The Hall of Records may tell us what old buildings are owned by the Ismacco family. If the citadel is one of them then I think we found where to look for the code."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 4 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 (15 Fl) | F: +1, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM +5 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"That sounds promising, Haliban. Let's go to the Hall of Records with that in mind. If, however, we don't find confirmation quickly, let's not waste too much time there. Harry is right, though valuable, time spent in too much research could work against us."

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

You need not confirmation from the Hall of Records as the engineers have already confirmed the buildings earlier.

After asking around for directions, and following the map, you easily come to the place known as Admiralty's Citadel. A grand looking, and old monument, that is currently used to house some Taldorian soldiers.

You spend: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 hours scouring the place for any signs of clues, searching high and low for the mysterious entrance, and even a possible sign like the markings of the family, the I, or activity of cultist but the search seems somewhat futile. Out of frustration, you even decide to use one of the wand's charges that Queck provided. (4 charges left) But are unable to find anything secretive or worthwhile in the hunt for the captives or captors in this place.

You guys sort of have the gist of it, so I'll be giving us a little push.

After much more deliberation, you come to a likely conclusion that you've missed a vital clue and a reminder from an other worldly place reminds you, "But the legend also said something about monuments providing a combination needed to unlock the entrance." And after some push, you decide, perhaps the clues lie within the locations of the painting. Following these thoughts, you return to the place where you began, the Swift Prison, to look at the statue.

The return journey is uneventful, save for some hot and heavy debates among the group about the mystery at hand. The statue remains looking the same as you've left it.

Perception DC 15:

After a more thorough look, you notice that under her foot, there is a hidden compartment next to a italic marking "I", locked of course, it does not really have a keyhole. You can still attempt to disable device, but the DC is high.

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

Auto on the Perception check.

"Here, Under her foot. A locked compartment marked with the letter I. I might be able to open it but if it is too difficult I would need several minutes of work being unobserved."

Assuming it isn't trapped Haliban figures some cover from his allies would give him time for at least one try at unlocking it before being noticed.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

"As I thought, Quite complex. Maybe at night...?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human(Lastwall) / Hunter (Divine Hunter)/2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 14 (11 Tch,13 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells: 1st (3/3) | Active conditions: None.

Marius shrugs and follows his companions, glad they were able to puzzle out the madman's code. Perhaps you needed to be mental to understand the scrawlings, in which case the Crusader was glad he was none the wiser. Examing the building with Curze hunting for scents, Marius gives up in frustration a few hours later.

"Sure, let us check the statue." he sighs spying the box as Harry goes to work upon it. "Well we could wait for the moon I suppose, time is of the essence mind if anyone else has any ideas?"

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

"How much time would you need to do your best? Perhaps we could purchase a scroll to make you invisible."

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

This part of the prison is relatively safe from wandering eyes. I.e. take all the time you need if you wish to go the route of disable device. But since there's no key hole, it should give you a hint there is more ways than one to open the hidden compartment.

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

Opening a lock is a full round action. So taking 20 would take about 2 minutes. If there are no prying eyes Haliban would at least give it a shot. So take 20 for a total of 36.

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Wizard (Spell Slinger 1)/ Arcanist (Blood 2) 1 HP 14/ AC 14, FF11, Touch 13 Fort 0 Ref +3 Will +8 CMD 13 Int+3

Harry stares while Haliban fiddles with the lock the coughs.

Gah, stupid idea but... Do re mi...

He sings a few of the bars of the notes from the painting. Probably an octave or two to low, but at least the theory is right?

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

As Haliban continues to work hard to decipher the locked compartment, Harry attempts to sing the song. On the right track but wrong clue! He eventually realises that the painting with the music references a different location, the Imperial Hall of Records, and has little resemblances so with the painting of the Swift Prison save the moon iconography.

Eventually, Haliban manages to work the lock enough to open it. Inside, a piece of parchment awaits with a curious looking symbol drawn on it. Updated clue into handouts link.

Regardless of what you make of the symbol, you also decide that it's best to start moving to the other locations determined on the paintings to search for more clues.

Furthering the journey for answers, you find yourself next at the Imperial Hall of Records, attempting to match the specific location depicted on the painting.

Perception DC 10:

Another letter “I” symbol is found in the heart of that relief that is depicted glowing in the picture, similarly the hidden compartment right by it.

Feel free to continue discussions about the clue you just picked up. I've just moved us to the next location so that you guys aren't waiting on me to make advances in the scenario.

As Harry has somewhat deciphered, you may likely open the compartment with skill check that requires singing. A Perform (sing) check will have to do. Alternatively, there is no restriction if you would still like to take the disable device path.

Silver Crusade

Male Human(Lastwall) / Hunter (Divine Hunter)/2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 14 (11 Tch,13 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells: 1st (3/3) | Active conditions: None.

Marius takes a look at the scrap of paper found within the statue before frowning and giving a shrug. "Seems like part of a larger picture, whether it's a secret rune or map piece I haven't the foggiest!" he mutters as they head towards the hall of records.

Entering the heart of the prison-cities' bureaucracy he orders Curze to heel as they begin their search for the next clue into this Madman's riddle. In no time at all he finds himself stood in front of another styilised 'I' and a hidden compartment.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Well, here it is. Anyone willing to test their singing voice?"

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

"Ahem!" Reese steps right up into Marius' face. "Did my voice not inspire you in battle?"

Take 10 for 19 Perform (sing).

Silver Crusade

Male Human(Lastwall) / Hunter (Divine Hunter)/2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 14 (11 Tch,13 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells: 1st (3/3) | Active conditions: None.

Slowly pushing the offended party away from him with an upraised eyebrow, Marius shakes his head as Curze makes ready to pounce.

"Easy there, no need to get mauled over imagined slights." he says lightly, "All it needed was a yes or a no."

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Reese sings the notes perfectly to the tune as describe on the painting, and soon after the compartment unlocks itself revealing another piece of parchment. Updated in handouts

Kn. Local DC15:

You recognize the song hummed as a popular children's lullaby from the locality.

Following suite, you make way to the northeastern retaining wall that shores up some of the ruined towers of the ancient Quickfall Abbey as depicted in the final painting. The actual sight is a little different from what you imagine, the doorway in the painting is not a doorway, but part of the uninterrupted smooth wall.

Perception DC10:

In the area where the "door" is depicted, there is another symbol "I", and as you guessed another secret compartment.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 4 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 (15 Fl) | F: +1, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM +5 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Mūn points out another "I" symbol in the area where the doorway should be, along with a secret compartment.

He tries to manipulate the wall as if he's opening a door as if one existed where it was painted, in an attempt to open the compartment.

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

Reese looks around the Abbey's exterior, completely baffled. "Anybody see what we're looking for?"

Crunch:
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Mun's act doesn't really produce any results as the wall itself is a just a regular old wall with no hidden doors. Save for the little compartment, that likely holds another piece of parchment, next to the marked "I".

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

"Based on the painting we can try pushing it. Or failing that smash a brightly painted urn on it. If neither of those work I think I have the hang of the lock they used."

Haliban will try the easy one first and push the compartment, and where the door should be.

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Pushing doesn't really do anything.

Silver Crusade

Male Human(Lastwall) / Hunter (Divine Hunter)/2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 14 (11 Tch,13 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells: 1st (3/3) | Active conditions: None.

"Well breaking things or cutting it down will likely draw more attention than your nimble fingers friend." Marius comments as they try to push and pull the secret door to no avail. The Hunter considers the paintings, the man stood in the middle trying to force it and the creatures breaking Urns upon a load bearing wall. It made infuriatingly little sense to the Crusader.

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

Reese asks Haliban, "If you need a distraction, I can move around the corner and pretend to be a beggar, singing for his meals."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 4 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 (15 Fl) | F: +1, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM +5 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Haliban, I think you might want to try your traditional picks. I'm not certain that I understand what clues may be in the painting!"

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

After a little bit of frustration attempting to decipher the riddle in the painting, the group decides to do it the old fashioned way, lock picking style.

Haliban works his magic fingers, as the rest cause a distraction, and manages to open the compartment revealing another piece of parchment.Updated into handouts. Surely these are the clues that would reveal the location of the Crypt of Fools, but what does it all mean?

What now? Dum Dum Dum...

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

"The first seem to be a general sketch of the roads around Pharasma's Pulpit. The second a sketch of the walls of the Admiralty Citadel, The 3rd Harbor's Watch. The middle of these locations seems to be this building here."

Haliban points to a building on the map. #5 coincidentally.

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

Reese points to the parchment with a straight line and several dots on it, "This is the harbor watch."

After another minute, he picks up the image of six dots and puts it over the admiralty citadel on the map. The final clue takes a bit longer, but eventually he shouts, "And I think this third one is a map of the streets around Pharasma's pulpit."

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Haliban and Reese bounce ideas off about the parchments, and believe each one of them to be a representation of certain landmarks, coincidentally built by the Ismacco family. They come to a conclusion, that these clues are what's needed for deciphering the puzzle that was foretold by Queck the gnome, and triangulates an odd section of the city.

Without further ado, you travel towards the triangulated section hastily. There lies an opulent manor with a seemingly solid brick foundation wall. There seems to be no ancient fountain. However, you are sure that the clues fit this very location!

Perception DC15:

There is the letter "I" carved into the foundation wall. Make aan additional check: Perception DC20 or Disable Device DC15 to open the next spoiler.

Spoiler:

There is a loose brick near the "I" that can be pressed.

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

"Well, this Ismacco family certainly knows their art. Just look at those gargoyles! The way their wings ripple, they almost look like they're flapping in the wind."

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 4 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 (15 Fl) | F: +1, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM +5 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"How are we supposed to get in if there's no entrance? Should we try that wand the engineer gave us?"

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Wizard (Spell Slinger 1)/ Arcanist (Blood 2) 1 HP 14/ AC 14, FF11, Touch 13 Fort 0 Ref +3 Will +8 CMD 13 Int+3

Harry chews on his toothpick quietly while he gazes around.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Might not be a bad idea.

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Assuming you discharge a wand charge.

An outline of a relatively small door is revealed to be embedded in the wall, but the mechanism in which to open the door is not obvious.

Taking 20 would not be unusual in this case :)

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

Taking 20 on what? Perception or Disable Device?

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Perception check that everyone missed the DC.

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

First perception auto.

"Another I. Looks like we are at the right place."

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Haliban reaches out and presses a nondescript brick.

Liberty's Edge

RR || 899C|| PT1||PT2

Haliban points out to the others the depiction of the "I" along the stone walls, and presses confidently on a loose brick. Soon, a small section of the stone wall, previously highlighted by the wand, opens slowly revealing a set of stone stairs that descend beneath the streets of Old Cassomir. An extremely cold breeze is felt radiating from the absolute darkness below.

Those without darkvision must have a source of light, please do inform me what your light source is as you descend. I'm looking at you humans. Make any other preparations you must before descending.

At the base of the stairs, after what you assume is around 20ft deep underground, an ancient fountain decorates this open tunnel intersection. Many chipped sculptures provide spouts which drizzles water splash into the basin below. The fountain’s cold concrete edges have carved symbols that adorn its sides in three distinct bands. A set of stairs leading down from above empties into the room from the south, while two 5-foot-wide tunnels exit the room to the east and west.

Map is updated, please place yourselves in the red marked area in whichever order you please and then continue to the below perception check once after. Everybody must make the perception check below before we continue.

Perception DC12:

You hear some shuffling noises coming from the left tunnel as you approach the fountain, and possibly some chatter. It's definitely coming towards this direction. You may take one standard or move action only (as if a surprise round but this is not considered a surprise round). Feel free not to take any actions.

Liberty's Edge

CG Male Human Slayer 6 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 16 | HP: 52/52 | CMD 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +11 | Will +4 | Init +8 | Perception +15 Trap-Sense +3, Trapspotter

I see 3 party members capable of casting Light so I presume that we have a lot of those going. Haliban has low-light vision via a trait.

As we descend the stairs Haliban will pull his trusty bow just in case.

When he hears movement he will whisper "Movement up ahead, And I think I hear voices."

Having no target to study Haliban waits patiently for his fellow party members to make preparations for a possible fight while he stands quietly.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Well, Not very quietly.

The Exchange

N androgyne suli skald 3 | AC 21 (20), T 12 (11), FF 19 (18) | hp 26/27 (29/30) | Fort +6 (+7), Ref +4, Will +3 (+4); +4 vs. performance, sonic, language; Resist acid/cold/electricity/fire 7 | Init +8 | Percep -1 (LL) | CMD 17 | Elemental Assault 1/1, Raging Song 11/16, Spells: 1 (2/4) | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: none

Reese draws her warhammer sings a quick verse, causing the weapon to glow faintly.

Crunch:
Casting Light

Peception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 4 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 (15 Fl) | F: +1, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM +5 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Mūn activates his wayfinder, casting a cool blue glow in the area around him.

Mūn also has low-light vision, thus can see twice as far beyond his light spell.

Perception DC 12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Hearing the same noises that Haliban hears, Mūn nods silently, then whispers words of power to bring Ashava's blessing on the Pathfinders.

Actions:

Standard: cast bless

Bless wrote:
Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Bless duration: 3 minutes

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Wizard (Spell Slinger 1)/ Arcanist (Blood 2) 1 HP 14/ AC 14, FF11, Touch 13 Fort 0 Ref +3 Will +8 CMD 13 Int+3

Harry double checks his gun and nods. As he mutters the arcane words for Mage armor on himself, then imbues power into his musket. Mage armor, Forefit feather fall for +1 to arcane gun.

Locked and Loaded.

He waits for one of their more martial members to breach, ready to come in right behind them.

101 to 150 of 448 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony's PFS PBP Dwk Pt3-4 (Experience table) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.