GM Batpony PFS [8-07] From the Tome of RIghteous Repose 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps and Handouts


201 to 217 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Wolfie:
Wolfie Wolf N Medium animal Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5 | Defense | AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 18 hp 42/42 Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2
HP 51/51 (13Temp) AC 20, T 15, FF 17 Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Per +10

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Fey is unable to save against the creature. She crumples to the floor dying from the cold.

-7 hit points

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Good catch Bulgo, because the AC is 18. Fey, you healed earlier, you're at minus 1 hp not -7!

Thoril smashes the creature leaving it barely able to move and Bulgo does trick to finish the creature off! However, the creature was stronger that anticipated causing heavy injury the group. Besides the giant crack on floor, the room is barren, as if whatever used to be here has all disintegrated.

I'll give everyone time to heal before explaining the last part. You need that healing!

thoril will: 1d20 ⇒ 9
fang will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Seren -7 , Fey-28, Bulgo -14, Jax (Shield of faith)-21, Thoril -27 , Serpentfang-7

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

Thoril pulls out a wand of infernal healing and begins to heal party

12 charges for full party

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

HP 45/45; Reroll@+3 1/1; uRogue 6: (AC21 normally) Fort +5; Reflex +12; Will +5; Init +5; Perception +12; SM +10;

"Yowzer!" exclaims Bulgo.

"You have to warn a gent before hitting him with one of those sticks. I have to say I prefer the other ones - these do the job, but they burn."

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 28/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"Yea man. I appreciate the help but I like regular healing better. That spell is so not excellent."

Scarab Sages

CG Human Medium 9 | HP 44/75 | AC 27 | T 18 | FF 21 | CMD 22 | F +8 | R +13 | W +9 | +3 AC/Saves vs Undead/Constructs 10ft aura | Init +9 | Percep +11 | SM +11| Spirit Dance 17/22 | Influence 1/5
Active Spells:
Heroism, Whispering Lore, Longstrider
Spells: LvL 1-2/3 (5/6) | Lvl 2-1/2 (4/5) | Lvl 3-(4/4) | Channel - (4/4)

Seren continues to shake her own wand up and down in frustration for a minute or two until Thoril eventually just taps her on the head with his own.

She sighs in frustration, the spirit within drifting free on the breath she lets out. As the color returns to her skin in a wave she glances around, staying very still so she doesn't stumble to the floor in her moment of dizziness. "Thanks, big guy. I'm not so good with that sort of magic, though my friends have been trying to teach me."

"What the heck was that thing, anyways?! And why was it in there?" She creeps forward just enough to nudge the corpse with her foot.

Scarab Sages

Wolfie:
Wolfie Wolf N Medium animal Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5 | Defense | AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 18 hp 42/42 Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2
HP 51/51 (13Temp) AC 20, T 15, FF 17 Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Per +10

Fey becomes conscious with a scream. "That hurts." She stands, and looks around. Realizing she's alive because of Thoril. [/b]"Thank you Thoril. That's definitely an new experience for me."[/b]

Scarab Sages

HP 45/45; Reroll@+3 1/1; uRogue 6: (AC21 normally) Fort +5; Reflex +12; Will +5; Init +5; Perception +12; SM +10;

"I remember the first time I got hit with that. I thought my fellow had been short changed at the market for his heal stick!" laughs Bulgo.

With the group renewed he cautiously approaches the room again.

"Let us see what it was guarding!"

Is they are still active and he doesn't notice them, Bulgo will almost certainly enter one of those green squares

"So we do the ritual in here do we?"

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Bulgo learns that standing next to the crack, the blackness encroaching from it lashes out at him. Concluding it must be some sort of dimensional rift to the planes of darkness.

negative energy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2Will save 14 for half. You can heal before moving to the next part.

***Flashback***

Captain Shevar, before you left, passed each one of you a magical scroll, each one designed only to work by the individual, the magic from the scroll is to destroy, whatever was causing the evilness at bay.

Full disclosure, the good thing about this scenario in it's replayability is that there's so many combos, but the bad thing is that a lot of it is up to GM interpretation and flexibility. So here's how i'm going to run this next part.

To activate the scroll, each player may attempt one check of their choice, Kn. Arcana,planes,religion, Linguistics, Perform (oratory),spellcraft, UMD. At a distance adjacent to the rift.You need to complete more than one to successfully close the rift, but need not all. You shall all start the ritual by attempting to activate your scrolls. And since you are adjacent you will take the negative energy damage. We shall do this in combat rounds but each round will be 1 minute intervals.

Once you have successfully done your scroll, you may back off from the rift, you may attempt to aid another by following the relevant skill check that your ally is using, or aid another through channelling positive energy or cure spell into the scroll. Alternatively you can heal your allies taking negative energy damage. If someone breaks the ritual, by stepping away from the rift without successfully activating the scroll, the ritual halts and we restart from minute 1. Sounds good?

***Flashback over***

Minute 1
negative energy dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4Will 14 for half
Adjacent to rift: Seren, Fey, Bulgo, Jax , Thoril , Serpentfang

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

Thoril tries to muster his arcane abilities to activate the scroll

know arcana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

but cant quite get it to activate

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 28/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Arcana: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15

Scarab Sages

HP 45/45; Reroll@+3 1/1; uRogue 6: (AC21 normally) Fort +5; Reflex +12; Will +5; Init +5; Perception +12; SM +10;

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
liniguistics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Bulgo reads his scroll with some finesse.

This is not going to be as hard as I thought

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Minute 1

As the ritual starts, the negative energy encroaches the pathfinders in attempt to hurt them. Jax and Thoril find it a little difficult to activate the scrolls in their hands. Bulgo with a superior knowledge of languages, reads it perfectly and causes it the start catching fire. As Bulgo has no intent to hurt himself, he drops the scroll and takes a step back. The crack propagation starts to close itself, reducing the size from 3 inch to 1 inches.

This might be over faster than we know! The rules say a DC16 but an additional +5 causes an extra success. And we need a total of 3 activations if you follow the math.

Throil,will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

negative energy dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4Will 14 for half
Adjacent to rift: Seren, Fey, Jax -4 , Thoril-2 , Serpentfang
Success: Bulgo -2

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:10/13 ] AC: 18[15], T: 11[8], FF: 17[14], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Large Falcata: +9, (2d6+9, 19-20x3) Rage [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 19-20x3)]

sorry thought i did will first

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

CG Human Medium 9 | HP 44/75 | AC 27 | T 18 | FF 21 | CMD 22 | F +8 | R +13 | W +9 | +3 AC/Saves vs Undead/Constructs 10ft aura | Init +9 | Percep +11 | SM +11| Spirit Dance 17/22 | Influence 1/5
Active Spells:
Heroism, Whispering Lore, Longstrider
Spells: LvL 1-2/3 (5/6) | Lvl 2-1/2 (4/5) | Lvl 3-(4/4) | Channel - (4/4)

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Seren's propensity for playing with ghosts shields her from the worst of the vile energy leaking out as she steps up to the portal to attempt to use her scroll.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

She holds it up with one hand and the corners pull themselves apart by an invisible force. With a finesse aided by the myriad of ghosts whispering in her ears she's able to manipulate the scrolls magic with ease.

Seven heads are really better than one when they can all focus.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

I'll wrap up tonight! Congrats on mission success.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

With Seren's words, all the scrolls burst up into flames. The crack in the floor closes up completely and the flames burn away the scrolls making it burn to ashes completely. With that done, you are safe to assume that you have put to rest whatever evilness that was rotting this place.

Upon your return to the Uscalin Lodge, Venture-Captain Shevar Besnik asks you about your adventure. As you recall your events, he remakrs what a wonderful chronicle this will make once he's heard back from other teams he has sent out to investigate other passages from the tome.

“I knew you would triumph! Just goes to show I picked the right Pathfinders to seek out adventure while unknown dangers lurked. There could have been almost anything there! Go and rest while I put our report together for the Ten. Surely, this addition to the Chronicles will put Uscalin Lodge on the map.

He also adds, "Though I may joke about the crusaders, they play a vital part in the service of good. You, too, have done important work today. You have removed a pressing danger and helped the spirit of an ancient hero find rest. Well done, Pathfinders. I hope you are as proud of yourselves as I am of you.”

Look out for your chronicles, i'll post a link in the discussion thread as soon as possible.

201 to 217 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / From the Tome of Righteous Respoe 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.