GM Axolotl's The Shackled Hut

Game Master Axolotl

"Izbushka! Izbushka! Turn your back to the forest and face me!

Loot Tracker

Initiative:

[dice=Dez]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Chiquq]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Yrja]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Ogon]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=Orik]1d20 + 2[/dice]

Perception:

[dice=Chiquq]1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=Yrja]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Pufos]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=Braegan]1d20 - 1[/dice]
[dice=Imendri]1d20 +8[/dice]
[dice=Caelum]1d20 + 7[/dice]


3,501 to 3,550 of 3,646 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

@GM:
After I maintain my grapple, could I attempt to break the mirror? Perhaps I could choose to apply damage and say it’s to the mirror?

Grapple (flank, maintain): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 2 + 5 = 43
Damage (see spoiler GM) (dragon style, dragon ferocity): 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Kseniya:

I thought about it, and while you can target the mirror, you'd need to do a sunder combat maneuver to attempt to break it. Which, I guess would be -2 to your roll, no AoO possible as the mirror man is grappled, and then it will be sundering damage to the mirror, minus mirror hardness. Is that what you want to do? Does that sound good rules wise and rule of cool? :)


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

GM:
It sounds a little wonky to me, as once I maintain a grapple (check I already made), I get the free option to choose to do damage as part of that, requiring no additional role. I think if I can't choose to do the damage to the mirror as part of my grapple damage, I would need to drop it and sunder its face instead. If that is the case, I'd rather just hold him down and do damage to him, even if it's not explicitly to the mirror.

"Break the mirror, everyone! As fast as you can."


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik nods, and staying big, attempts to sunder the thing’s face.

sunder, enlarge person, mirror guy is grappled (penalty to dex?): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
greatsword damage, enlarge person: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + 4 = 15

Two rounds of enlarge used.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez nods at Kseniya's suggestion and marvels at her grappling skill, so beyond Dez's ability given his relative weakness. "You're certainly proving yourself deserving of the trust we placed in you."

Dez takes a move action to study the mirror man (studied combat, +2 to hit and damages) and attempts to sunder the mirror:

Rapier with studied combat and flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 27

Damage with studied combat: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Unclear to me if the mirror man resisted the hex or is immune. I do have Accursed Hex, so can try again to hex him.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Kseniya does nasty damage to the mirror man's side, which begins to heal up.

Orik lands a whack right on the mirror man's mirror, and Dez does as well. It doesn't crack, but the blemishes dealt on the shiny surface do not heal.

The mirror man resisted, so I'll roll for Will for it again. (him?0

This time the hex settles upon the mirror man like so much witchy murk.

GM stuff:

19 HP to -17
Will save Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
-17 + -17 = -34 damage to mirror man
Hardness 1, so 14 + 11 or 25 hp to mirror

Longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Longsword: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 = 19
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Crit?: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

With two impressive flourishes of its longsword, the mirror man slashes at Kseniya's arm and leg, hitting muscle and biting deep.

-20 hp of damage total, Kseniya! It got 1 crit on you and hit both times. It is still grappled, of course.

Mirror Mirror Round 3!
Orik
Ksenia, grappled, 27/47 hp
Mirror Man, -34 HP, -25 hp to mirror, grappled, -2 to AC
Dez
Yrja

attaaaaack!


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik grumbles, "awful thing..." and slams into it again with his large sword

sunder, enlarge person, mirror guy is grappled (penalty to dex?): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
greatsword damage, enlarge person: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 4 = 19

Three rounds of enlarge used.


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya takes the hits like a champ, the slashes through her outfit revealing glimpses of the strong muscles underneath. ”Is that the best you can do? Get ready to say goodnight.” She hops up with the construct in her arms slams it, pinning it between her and the ground.

Grapple (maintain, flank): 1d20 + 16 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 5 + 2 = 34 His AC penalty applies to his CMD, so he’s even easier to grapple
This time, she will choose to apply the pinned condition

Pinned:

Pinned: A pinned creature is tightly bound and can take few actions. A pinned creature cannot move and is denied its Dexterity bonus. A pinned character also takes an additional –4 penalty to his Armor Class. A pinned creature is limited in the actions that it can take. A pinned creature can always attempt to free itself, usually through a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check. A pinned creature can take verbal and mental actions, but cannot cast any spells that require a somatic or material component. A pinned character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler’s CMB + spell level) or lose the spell. Pinned is a more severe version of grappled, and their effects do not stack.

Basically, it can attempt to free itself, or do a purely mental or verbal action, but it can’t attack


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dezső is fascinated to watch Kseniya in action, so different from the fencers he learned from in Lepidstadt. "Remarkable..." he mutters as he again attemepts to puncture the mirror.

Rapier with studied combat and flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 26
Damage with studied combat: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Orik smacks at the mirror man at the mirror, right? with his greatsword.

Kseniya pins the creature. It continues to broadcast with its chilling telepathy.

\\do not attempt to resist. Your location has been transmitted.\\

When Dez hits the mirror there is a resounding crack, but the mirror is not destroyed. It is close, though. The wounds of the mirror man continue to fill in with eerie grayish flesh.

Yrja is up!


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

"Damn it. What should we do, Kseniya?"

Yrja throws another helping of bad luck at the mirror man, although she fears the damage has already been done.

Misfortune hex, DC 17 Will or take the lowesr of 2d20 for 1 round.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

"We need to finish this thing and get out of here is what we need to do!"


Current Map: Wolf and Man

[occ]Sorry, been sick and neglected me own game![/ooc]

The hex settles upon the mirror man with an unsettling, bristly feeling.

Mirror Mirror Round 4!
Orik
Ksenia, grappled, 27/47 hp
Mirror Man, -34 HP, -57 hp to mirror, pinned -2 to AC, Misfortuned
Dez
Yrja


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Grapple Check to Maintain (flank, maintain): 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 2 + 5 = 31

Kseniya rolls onto her side, her elbow jabbed into the Mirror Man's "neck" as she rests on that hand, as though she were reclining on a fine couch. "We have it under control at this point. Its master will know something is wrong, but they will not know who is responsible as long as the mirror is broken quickly. We'll just have to keep moving." As the Mirror Man struggles, she pulls back, then lets her elbow fall with all of its weight onto the construct's "neck." "I must say, this is much more fun when I can just go all out."

Since she has applied the pinned condition already, her maintain checks now extend the pinned condition automatically and she can choose to take different actions after maintaining without letting the enemy escape. In this round, she chooses to do damage

Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik nods, getting tired of beating on the thing, and tries to completely smash its stupid mirror face.

sunder, enlarge person, mirror guy is pinned (penalty to dex?): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
greatsword damage, enlarge person: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 5) + 4 = 18

Four rounds of enlarge used.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

If the mirror has not yet been destroyed, Dez will again target it. Otherwise, he will target the mirror man itself.

Rapier with studied combat and flanking:: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 33

Damage with studied combat:: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9

Confirm crit?:: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 30

Additional damage?:: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

lousy damage rolls!

"We need to wrap this up and keep moving!"


Current Map: Wolf and Man

With a cronching sound, Orik destroys the mirror. The mirror man keeps wriggling but Kseniya and Dez finally stop its movement with a final chokehold and a stab of the rapier.

The streets have emptied around you--no one wants to be around when a mirror man is present, and fewer still would dare to slay one.

Ringgeir breaks the silence.

"Er, masters, we should deliver that fish."


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya picks up a larger piece of the mirror and checks her hair, fluffing it up and smoothing out any loose strands so that she doesn't look like she was just wrestling.

"That was delightful. I assume my intentions are proven, yes?" She tosses the shard aside and smooths out her winter dress. "Let us finish our delivery then."


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

"You've convinced me. We'll talk more once we reach a secure place."

Dez will clean his sword on the mirror man's clothes (I assume it bled?) but he does not check himself in the mirror. He does take note of Kseniya's action, not convinced it's entirely just to remove evidence of the fight.

If there's somewhere the body can very quickly be stashed, Dez will suggest they do so, although he'll probably need help (given his lack of braun).


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik doesn't bother fixing anything out of place, because he always looks desheveled. "Alright, let's move on. Should we dispose of this thing somewhere or leave it in the alley? Not sure how its magic works. You set the rules, Kseniya. Either you're on our side, or leading us into a trap. Either way, we're at your mercy it seems." He sheathes his blade and returns to pick up his bow, comforted at its heft.


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Yrja blinks at her companions' apparent lack of concern. "But, it alerted its masters, no? What if it gave a description of us? We should move away from here and hide!"

She thinks for a moment, then quickly takes off her double-sided cloak, turns it inside out and dons it again, pulling the hood low over her face.


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya waves off the worry. She continues walking onward, explaining as she walks. "Oh, we should leave it. If we take a piece with us, its owner might be able to locate us, which she may be more likely to do soon given that the mirror is clearly broken. Oh, and it would not have given a description. Jadwiga are busy and dislike being interrupted, especially powerful ones. The mirror man sends the alarm and she answers when she decides to, at which point she uses her Irreseni Mirror Sight to draw her own conclusions. Interrupting her with detailed descriptions is presumptuous at best, especially when the Mirror Man is not exactly the most clever and capable of understanding mortals and their interactions." She's not entirely sure that's how it works, but it feels like that's how it should work, given her understanding of fellow Jadwiga. She also is rather enjoying getting to be "the expert" people are turning to for knowledge for once, as opposed to that ridiculous idiot girl who failed out of the one thing Jadwiga are expected to be good at.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Yrja:

Not that it would be super useful, but if you learned Irriseni Mirror Sight, you realize you could look through bits of the mirror man's mirror and see the winter witch on the other side. If the mirror's magic wasn't destroyed.

Ringgeir nods. "It takes a while for the witch on the other end to contact...those things. Wasn't enough time. Speaking of time..." He begins to roll the cart under the covered alley, leaving the corpse and mirror behind.

If anyone looks, the mirror man only has the longsword and four daggers. And with ABP, not that worthwhile...

Ringeirr indicates the house at the end of this street as thedestination for the fish in his handcart. He knocks on the door, which a brief moment later cracks open just enough for a figure to peer out. After Ringeirr exchanges a few words with the person inside, the door bursts open and a man, a woman, and several children stream out and start carrying the fish inside.

"There's a...network of people...who will distribute the food fairly," he says quietly.

The man puzzles at Ringgeir's odd companions, but the woman merrily grabs the cart and begins wheeling it to the side of the house. "A pleasant day to you all," she says, "I am Arinka, and we are indebted to you all. I assume you are friends of the grumbling wolf man people are talking about. He's already freed two slaves elsewhere in the Howlings, and then he went with his zaichik to have ales and tipped the bartender better than anyone tips humans in this town," she says, her eyes sparkling.


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya curtsies for Arinka. ”Kseniya. A pleasure, my dear. Though I must quibble with you on one matter. Nobody in this city can match my generosity when it comes to tipping. I take it as a point of pride.”


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik nods and helps to unload the fish. He grunts, ”we’re just travelers, ma’am. Ringgier, you know, we should get a move on once these fish are delivered. Given what happened recently - we need to pick something up.” He looks around nervously for more mirror men.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

"I am pleased to meet you Arinka, and we appreciate your warm welcome. We have not had many of those recently. And, understandably so. I know we are an... unusual assortment."


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Anika giggles at Dez' comment. "We live in the Howlings. I served an ice troll pea soup yesterday. Now, be off. Ringgeir, we'll see you soon!" She gives Kseniya a bow, just in case, as she does appear to be a jadwiga, and waves at you all.

* * * *

Ringgeir nods at Orik, and the lot of you are soon trudging along the path to the east, toward Mortin's house "He prefers the term "artisan" to forger," explains Ringgeir, "And his calligraphy is really quite--ah."

Your guide comes up short. Two completely drunk winter wolves in human form are slapping each other and arguing, barely on their feet. They look heartily bruised, as if they've been in more than one fistfight.

"Home'sh zat wayyyyyyYargin!" says one, looking like he's about to retch.

"Scrobe you idjit...it'ssssszzzat way!" says the other, who seems just a tad bit more drunk, or beaten up; hard to say which. They walk deliberately into each other, which spins them so that Scrobe is facing you. He claps Yargin, who twirls to see you, almost falling down in the process.

Amazingly, both snarl at you and step forward.

It'sh Time For A Shkirmish With Wolvesh!
Scrobe, sickened
Orik
Yrja
Yargin, sickened
Dez
Kseniya

Scrobe shifts into a somewhat unsteady looking giant white wolf, and runs at Orik and Dez, opening his maw to blast out a stream of (slightly boozy) frigid air. It hits the two humanoids with a horrible howl and a crackle of ice.

28 HP of cold damage, DC17 Reflex to halve the damage. Dez, you would start with 23 HP of damage and halve that due to your energy resistance. Orik, you get +2 to your save due to the Ushanka of the Northlands. If there are other effects you have against cold, let me know!

Orik and Yrja are up!


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Reflex save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

That's some nasty freezing breath! Dez easily leaps aside, but it still leaves a mark.

-11 HP


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

"Eugh!" Yrja exclaims as the two inebriated wolves attack them. "You're drunk, go home! It's that way!" She points in a direction to the side as she focuses her magic on Scrobe.

Slumber, DC 17 Will or snooze for 5 rounds.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik yelps, being injured for the first time in a while.

Reflex Save, Ushanka: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23

14 damage, Orik is at 26/40

He manages to avoid the worst of the effects and steps away, trying to avoid being in another blast of cold likely to issue from the other drunk wolf. Grumbling, he discharges a burst of holy magic. ”Gloves off all - these things’ll kill us if we’re not careful.”

Step to the side so it’s harder to blast both of us, ready shield, cast burst of radiance on both. Kseniya should note that she can identify the spell with Spellcraft- the spell has the good descriptor - evil divine casters would be unable to use it, though an evil arcane could.

burst of radiance damage, no save: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2, 1) = 8
burst of radiance blind/dazzled duration, DC 16 reflex or blinded, dazzled otherwise(-1 attack): 1d4 ⇒ 4


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Orik's blast of energy makes both wolves yelp, blinding them and causing them to whimper and snarl.

Yrja hexes Scrobe, who drops in a heap, twitching and dreaming of human-sized rabbits.

Yargin charges blindly and unleashes his freezing breath, but it is in the wrong direction. "I know you'vve got a witshhhh!" he slurs, drooling icy strings into the snow. "Where ish she!!?"

Dez and Kseniya are up!


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya enters her battle stance, a playful smile emerging on her face. "How delightful! I could always use more practice." She launches herself forward at full speed into a soaring punch directed right at the awake winter wolf's snout.

She can charge through allies thanks to dragon style

Unarmed Strike (charge): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
This will be a stunning fist attempt. If the hit connects, the wolf needs to make a DC 15 fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round

Actions: swift to enter dragon style, full round to charge

EDIT: Forgot I don't have power attack yet! Fixed


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Kseniya's fist is mighty, but the inebriated and blind Yargin manages to stay on his feet. "That washn't a witscchhhh!" he snarls.

Btw, was that lethal or non lethal damage?


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Oh! Right. I’m doing nonlethal.

”I am most certainly not. I am quite better.”


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez shakes off the frost, circling Yargin to take a flanking position and attacks with his rapier.

Rapier with flank: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30

Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Current Map: Wolf and Man

The devilish-looking tiefling neatly slices at Yargin, drawing blood. He growls at Dez.

It'sh Time For A Shkirmish With Wolvesh!
Scrobe, sickened, asleep 5/5 rounds, -8HP, blinded 4/4
Orik
Yrja
Yargin, sickened, -19 HP/-14 NL/blinded 4/4
Dez
Kseniya

Orik and Yrja are up!

I'll bot Yrja with the hexinating if she's truly busy today/tonight.


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya holds out her hands up and open-palmed. "A shame you cannot see right now. Otherwise, you would get to see why I am the hottest star of the arena." Her hands burst into fire. Before the wolf can react, she uppercuts him with one fist and slams his snout down again with her other.

Activating elemental fury (fire) by spending 1 ki point as a swift action

Primary Attack (flank): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19
Damage (elemental fury): 1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (1) = 13
Flurry Attack (flank): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage (elemental fury): 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (6) = 20


Current Map: Wolf and Man

A rad attack, but Orik and Yjra get to go first!


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Oh, I was thrown off b/c I'm used to bolded name=being up


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Yeah, sorry, I've been lazy about that :D


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik moves over towards the standing wolf, drawing his nicer cold iron battleaxe and embiggening. He then attempts to knock out the wolf with less-permanent damage.

Move and draw masterwork cold iron battleaxe, enlarge person, attack for nonlethal damage

Orik masterwork cold iron battleaxe, nonlethal: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 4 = 20
battleaxe damage, enlarged, nonlethal: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

If Yargin is still standing, Evil Eye hex for -2 to saves, DC 17 Will.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Yargin is still blinded and looks woozy, but remains on his feet! Sightlessly, he lashes out at Kseniya.

And misses completely.

The hex settles on Yargin like so much arcane effluvia.

Dez is up! Unless he delays and then Kseniya's action will k.o. this wolf.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dezső sees Kseniya all wound up for the attack and waits to see the result. When Yargin falls he heads over to the sleeping Scrobe, using a second move action for studied combat.

With his rapier pointed at the wolf's heart, poised for a coup de grace, he asks: "It looks like you all are pulling your blows. Do you want me to finish this one or should we just leave while we have the chance? I guess considering their condition there's not much chance they'd have much relevant information to report. Up to you all." Dezső is completely matter of fact and doesn't seem to care either way.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Kseniya's blow knocks Yargin into a non-magical slumber. Soon it is quiet save for large canine snores.

Combat is over!

Ringgeir looks like he wants to say something in reply to Dezső, but defers to the jadwiga.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik shakes his head, ”leave em’ be. Fools don’t deserve death, and maybe the headache will teach them not to mess with folks in the future. Besides, we’re in their city, breaking their rules. Doesn’t seem honorable.” He looks at Kseniya for guidance, but as usual, Orik seems to be pushing for the side of mercy.

He wipes his blade, sheathes it, and returns to Sasha to feed her a slice of pumpkin.


AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 56/56 l F +8 R +7 W +5 (see profile for modifiers) | Init +2| Perc +4 | Martial Versatility 4/4, Stunning Fist 4/4 Half-elf(snowborn/jadwiga)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-4/4
Spells Active:
Mage Armor, Shield

Kseniya fans her face with her hands while she waits for the fire to go out. ”This may surprise you given Irrisen’s reputation, but murder is indeed considered a crime. Best to leave them to their rough hangover. It would not be the first—or presumably last—time I will get in a brawl on the street, so I doubt much will be made of it.” The fire finally out, she splays her fingers on her right hand and gently touches them to her chest. ”Since today seems to be a bit more ‘fighty’ than usual, I think I will be armoring a bit. If any of you can benefit from a touch of mage armor, I have a fresh wand of it.”

Gonna mage armor herself with her wand finally


Current Map: Wolf and Man

"The lady speaks truly--murder is a crime in Whitethrone, although it may be inevitable before the day is through," says Ringgeir carefully.

You walk through the snowy streets, twisting and turning toward Mortin the Forger--er--Artisan and his house.

There is always something going on in the Howlings, however, and after some few dozen paces, an Whitethrone human man runs directly into Ringgeir, almost knocking him over. He wears the torn garments of a servant in disfavor. He gasps for breath. "My master's....in a rage..." he says, looking scared to death.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

”Ringgeir, can we help this guy? Ahh... whatever. What’s wrong, brother?” Orik smiles at the servant, trying to be reassuring though it’s as likely to be intimidating as anything else.

3,501 to 3,550 of 3,646 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Axolotl's The Snows of Summer Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.