GM Axolotl's The Shackled Hut

Game Master Axolotl

"Izbushka! Izbushka! Turn your back to the forest and face me!

Loot Tracker

Initiative:

[dice=Dez]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Kseniya]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Yrja]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Orik]1d20 + 2[/dice]

Perception:

[dice=Yrja]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Kseniya]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Dez]1d20 + 14[/dice]
[dice=Orik]1d20 + 8[/dice]


3,351 to 3,400 of 3,860 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Borger's growls of anger and blind swings end in a slobbery gasp as Ogon connects. His eyes bulge, his oversized, cow like tongue protrudes from a truly disgusting ogre maw, and he drops to the stones with a tremendous thud, life blood leaking out of a cauterized hole in his chest.

The other guards drop their weapons--daggers, and, appropriately enough, ogre hooks. They fall to their knees. "We surrender!" shouts the nearest one, keeping a wary eye on Ogon's fiery blade.

The family get up from their crouch and move away from the blinded guard.

Combat is over!


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Yrja remains where she is, trying to stay out of the guards' line of sight. Should they try anything, she has a holding spell ready to cast. And it's better if they don't report the composition of their entire group.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Readying a Hold Person - DC 17 Will - if any of the guards is not, in fact, surrendering and tries to attack or run.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Casts Poke Thread


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik calmly walks over to the guards, and says "Fine, okay. All of you and the other 'guards,' come over." He gathers all of them in the same place, with everyone's help, in a side alley, and says "We're gonna talk. First of all, you're not really guards are you? Do you think Whitethrone will appreciate you taking extra money from their citizens? I expect not... Second of all, where's your 'guard house'? Thirdly, everything of yours, except your clothes and let's say... a dagger and a few gold for food - hand it over. Lastly, this is your one chance. If we see you in the Fishcamps again, you're all dead. Savvy?" He points at Ogon, "I don't think he'll give you a better offer, but you're welcome to try to negotiate." Orik folds his arms and looks at the thugs in a way that he hopes seems reasonable, and businesslike.

aid Dezső's diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dezső accompanies Orik and nods along with his speech.

"I suggest you take him seriously. Further, I suggest you head back over the ice bridge and away from Whitethrone, and tell no one what happened here. You've heard about the merrows who harass travelers crossing the bridge? We made friends with them. Turns out they like devils. If you leave town and cross the bridge now you can get away clean. But if you wait, we'll tell the merrows to watch out for you and ... well, have you ever seen a merrow eat? It's not pretty. So I suggest you tell my friend what he wants to know and then get yourselves over that bridge and far away from here. I'm sure tough types like you will be able to find work down south."

Diplomacy or Bluff with inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 8 + (6) = 31


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon glowers and lets the other speak for him.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

The guards look with stricken expressions at Orik, then at the menacing and clearly infernal Dezső, muttering about cults and the like. With the party looking murderous, they wrestle off their armor and drop their purses and ogre hooks and stalk off. Townsfolk cheer for you (quietly), jeer at the guards (slightly less quietly), and throw wet fish at them, and also parts of fish, and the innards of fish, and buckets where fish have been.

The fisherfolk family that you rescued give their thanks, also quietly, but the teenage girl you saw before, and strong menfolk and womenfolk from the town gather near, their expressions resolute and grim, but positive. The girl speaks again.

"I'll show you the guardhouse, and we'll follow," says the girl, and the women near her nod. "The leader of the Fishcamps guards is a blackhearted scoundrel named Marcian Enarxion. He's imprisoned Ringgeir there. He's got another ogre guard, and an ice troll besides. We..." She looks ashamed. "We were supposed to help him overthrow the Guards. But the ogres killed three people just like that, and so we've been keeping low the last two days."

She brightens. "I've seen them bringing food fit for men, not just ogres and trolls, so I think he's alive in there."

The cowardly guards, by the way, left behind five ogre hooks, four sets of masterwork leather armor, and 80 gold pieces.


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez watches the guards go with satisfaction and then assists Orik in gathering up the items left behind by the guards and loading them on the animals, commenting to him: "Hopefully we can unload some of this stuff soon. I would be happy to trade them with these villagers on terms favorable to them."

Others in the group may think the fair thing to do is give the items to the villagers. But to Dez it is logical that if the party is taking their fight on, then the party should gather loot to aid in the effort.

He is ready to follow the villagers to the guardhouse. "Ogon, I suggest you focus on the ice troll!"


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik nods at Dez, ”agreed. It’s a fact that we seem to be a heck of a lot more efficient than the villagers at taking the fight to the bad guys.” He tends to the wounded fisherfolk as best as he can, and sends the guards off, via Dezsö’s orders, with enough to survive, but not enough to make trouble.

He listens and rechecks his gear, tightening straps and making sure he has all of his stuff on him, with their previous pretense of pacifism abandoned. ”We’ll get Ringgeir out if we can, and stop these bullies, or die trying. On my honor, gentlefolk.” He bows to the villagers respectfully.

When Dezsö says Ogon should take the troll on, Orik nods, ”Remember Ogon, big things have long claws; say the word and I can make you as big as them, so you can avoid the claws. The rest of us can take on the ogre and this Marcian fellow.”


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

No one stops you as you head to the guardhouse; indeed, the girl and other villagers are true to their word, following you up the mild slope to the "barracks". The windows of this large, ugly, unpainted building are boarded shut. Its construction is rough and haphazard, as if it were once used for some other purpose--fish drying, you guess--but various, martial (and ugly) additions have been tacked on later. The exterior has hack marks, old bloodstains, hooks built into the exterior walls, and other niceties. The word “guardhouse" is painted on the building’s only door, a big double doored contraption clearly used for larger humanoids. Amazingly, the word is spelled correctly.

Above the door hangs an enormous, half broken shield crossed with an ogre hook. Both look ruined and no longer combat-worthy, but they clearly have seen a lot of use.

It doesn't smell good here--kind of like body odor and rotted fish.

New map is up! Please enjoy GM Axolotl's amazing map making abilities.


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon shows enough restraint to wait for 'the nod'. Once he gets it, he marches in, sword flaming and sets everything off!


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Yrja's preparations are towards her own safety. She still vividly remembers the encounter at the desecrated temple, and the giant wolf's fangs ripping into her flesh.

Cast Mage Armor, AC is now 16.


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez is still adjusting to life as a quasi-alchemist -- when to hold back, when to use his extracts... But this seems a pretty decisive moment, so he quaffs his mutagen and, once the group is all ready to move in, his shield and long arm extracts. With the mutagen, his takes on a subtle grace, and the second extract causes his arms to lengthen quite noticeably.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik pats Ogon on the shoulder, and Ogon is imbued with mighty pumpkin energy, as his skin thickens, like the rind of a tough squash. There is a brief, sizzling smell of roasted vegetables, and the magic knits together and the smell is gone. ”Should help you avoid gettin’ trolled. Heh.” He thinks of another pun, ”but I hope they don’t have horns, since you’ve already been gourd.” He looks at Ogon, in the eyes, attempting to keep a straight face.

I don’t think Ogon has natural armor, so here’s some if he doesn’t. If Ogon does, Barkskin for Orik, instead, because Orik doesn’t already have natural AC. I think Dezsö does?

Orik draws his bow, this time, and nods at Ogon. ”Light em up, buddy.”


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Yeah, and the mutagen makes his natural armor bonus +2.

Dez stares at Orik as he makes his jokes, clearly trying to intellectually process why the half-orcs thinks his corny puns are funny. He mutters to himself, "Humor... is so very hard to figure out."


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Ogon pushes against the door. It refuses to budge! What will our heroes do in the face of this impassable obstacle?

Did anyone notice the font on the map? :D


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

The Moana font?


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

It's FROZEN! :D


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Of course! Silly me.

Does the door appear to have a lock that can be disabled? Any traps?

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon applies his key - by the simple expedient of cleaving through it with a flaming sword! His flesh glows a fiery red as he strikes

Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2) + 5 = 10

Take 1 burn for Fiery Body.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Wow, the rules for energy attacks vs. hardness are rough!

The door isn't trapped. Any sort of lock is on the inside.

Ogon slashes at the door and only scorches it!

Energy Attacks wrote:


Energy Attacks
Energy attacks deal half damage to most objects. Divide the damage by 2 before applying the object’s hardness. Some energy types might be particularly effective against certain objects, subject to GM discretion. For example, fire might do full damage against parchment, cloth, and other objects that burn easily. Sonic might do full damage against glass and crystal objects.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Strength check? Shall I make you bigger, Ogon?


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

If you like :)

Ogon thrusts his sword into the lock itself, his face twisted into a grimace as the blade begins to burn white hot.

I'll hit the door as long as it takes for it to open, one way or another. Going for a Qui-Gon moment right now.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

There is no lock, just two big ol' doors that won't open.

Ogon, where's Fiery Body listed? You mean Elemental Overflow, yeah?

Ogon-Jin Smack + Overflow: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 + 3 = 18

Oh, that's nice. :D

Ogon's blade begins to sear into what is clearly a wooden bar, barring the door. Wet wood hisses and smolders and blackens as the stubborn material is relentlessly cleaved by Ogon's fiery fury. You can hear shouts of alarm from inside and the thud of heavy footsteps, even a thump on the walls, which don't look especially strong themselves.

Ogon-Jin Smack + Overflow: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 + 3 = 11

Ogon, you can tell that one more good piercing thrust of the blade and you'll be through. However, you can also tell that the enemy are readied near the door. What do you all do?


"Ogon, you are worst sneaky fighter ever," says Nadya with a grin as she preps an arrow. Chiquq does the same, rolling her eyes and nodding.


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon does exactly what his jedi shaman mentor would do, he thrusts firmly through the door to shatter the bar and then promptly ducks, lifting his shield to take the blow he expects in retaliation.

Fight Defensively, so AC for this round is 26 with barkskin too. Fiery Body is my elemental defense - its under that spoiler.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

I'm having reading comprehension difficulty due to pie(?)...is it the same as Searing Flesh? If you can find the text in an SRD that would be awesome!

I kid, I haven't had pie yet.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

"So far, we're all pretty horrible at subtlty. But it's worked out okay!"


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

At least Ogon's approach had the advantage of likely drawing of their opponents into one place. A shame they hadn't discussed this beforehand, to contrive a way to take advantage of the situation - like sending a few through a back door to catch the enemy in a pincer-like maneuver... Huh. She was starting to think like Dez.

Shaking her head, Yrja prepares to throw a cloud of Glitterdust at the area beyond the door, once it is opened by Ogon's relentless efforts.

"A blinding cloud will appear just inside the door, so don't rush through!" she warns the others.

Ready action to glitterdust, DC 17 will, 4 rounds.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Ogon's last knife-thrust breaks the door open, causing it to swing wide. In the dim light, you can see what you expected: a towering ice troll and an ogre who is no doubt related to the deceased Borger. It smells terrible inside the guardhouse. The troll readies an axe and the ogre brandishes a hook.

Init:

Dez: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Chiquq: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Yrja: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Ogon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Orik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Nadya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Trollsky: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Whunk: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Marcian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Marcian Steath 26

Guardhouse Rumpus, Round 1!
Dez
Gerzon the Troll
Orik
Nadya
Chiquq
Yrja (declared action but can change location of G-dust)
Whunk the Ogre
Ogon (declared action)

FIGHT!


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez, not eager to rush in to the stink, holds his action until after the first of the opponents (apparently the troll) moves.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

The ice troll focuses its beady, black eyes on the burning hobgoblin, and rains down attacks on Ogon. It lumbers forward, swinging an axe in one and, and lashing out with claw and maw.

Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
for: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
for: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
for: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The axe misses and so does its taloned claw...

crit bite?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Its bite comes close to vital arteries in the hobgoblin's meaty neck, but is blunted by Ogon's armor.

4 HP of damage to the very fortified pyrokineticist.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik takes a shot with his bow at the ogre, and stays back to give Ogon the chance to get payback on the troll.

+1 composite longbow (ABP), point blank shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
+1 composite longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Despite the fact that everyone usually sees Orik fighting with his greatsword, infused with pumpkin power, he seems to enjoy using his bow.


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez continues to hold to let Yrja get off her glitterdust.


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

As she had promised, Yrja gestures, and a cloud of glittering particles fills the space where the ogre and the ice troll are.


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez's action will depend on whether he thinks the troll and ogre are blinded. Also, anything else he notices about the room; see anyone else hiding back there?

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

I think he knows if they are blinded!


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Orik's arrow hits Gerzon with a sound reminiscent of Whunk's name, but the arrow is visibly being pushed out of the troll's skin within moments of it lodging there.

GM rolls:

Gerzon Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Whunk Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Both claw at their eyes in confusion. Dez, you can tell that both are blinded!

I will post Nadya and Chiquq actions in a moment. I miss Dien!


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez rushes around behind the ogre to a position where he is also threatening the troll -due to long arm, but I think Dez is just short of move to get into a flanking position with Ogon.

He then proceeds to stab the ogre in the back with his rapier.
rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Hope that hits! The -2 to AC from blinded might help...


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 /Hinterlander 1 | HP 48/48 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Remember, I shot the ogre (sheriff), not the troll (deputy).


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Oops, sorry, there, Far-I Rostov!

Ahem, the arrow hits Whunk with a whunk.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Dez' rapier also hits Whunk with a stab and a slash from his elongated forelimbs.

Dez also notices Marcian, the Fishcamps leader, lurking in the shadows near the ogre! As of yet, he has not acted.

Nadya tosses an alchemist's fire at the troll.

Ranged touch, PBS, Improvised Weapon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
for: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Unfortunately, it bounces away, sputtering out.

Chiquq takes aim at the ogre.

Longbow, PBS, Tiger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
for: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

An arrow sprouts from the ogre's fat belly with a satisfying sound.

Whunk, enraged and blind, wheels to attack Dez, swinging blindly.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

However, he can sense where the investigator is!

Hook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Concealment, over 50 hits: 1d100 ⇒ 88
for: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14

The hook slams into the tiefling! :0 It tears into Dez' elongated arms, yanking them sideways before continuing on its clumsy but powerful arc.

Ogon is up! Bah, I read it as Total Defense, but it's Fight Defensively. Fight defensively, Ogon!


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

But a 13 does not hit Dez's AC! Not even close! On the other hand, in fairness, the fishcamps leader gets an AoO on Dez as Dez runs by him if he has a weapon prepared -- unless Dez succeeds on a challenging acrobatics roll -- the leader's CMD + 10.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Oops, I'm sorry, Dez! You are correct. The ogre doesn't hit. I conflated the Perception roll and the to hit roll.

And Marcian only gets an AoO if you're within 5' of him, and I don't think you were.


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon marches forwards, shield first, before lashing out at the troll.

Attack vs Touch: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 15 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

The troll howls as Ogon's blade of fire cuts furrows of dark, liquescent blue into its flesh.

That's 21 points of damage to a fire-vulnerable troll!


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Marcian, his scowl invisible beneath his mask, rushes at Dez, his own rapier bared. He feints with the blade toward the tiefling, seeking to take him off guard.

Feint: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Clearly, he is a master of the blade.

Guardhouse Rumpus, Round 2!
Dez [no Dex to AC vs Marcian]
Gerzon the Troll [-21 HP, blinded]
Orik
Nadya
Chiquq
Yrja
Whunk the Ogre [-27 HP, blinded]
Ogon
Marcian the Sneak

Post away, mighty heroes!


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

Dez takes an AoO with his long arm and rapier as Marcian closes:

Rapier AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Shoot

He then stabs the blind ogre in the back and then rushes past the troll and ogre then past Ogon, taking the attack of opportunity from Marcian (his AC is 20 against this attack +4 armor, +4 magical shield bonus, +2 natural with mutagen).

Rapier AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon continues his troll-BQ.

KB vs Touch: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13

The slightly rancid smell of cooking troll fills the room.


Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 5/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 47/47 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 w/ mutagen) | Per +14 (+16 traps), stealth +14, Init +5 | Inspiration 7/7 | panache 6/6

I should note that Dez's eyebrows rose in intimidated admiration at Marcian's prowess, and that he commented to Ogon: "Can you torch that guy if he comes running after me?" I'm referring to a possible AoO if Marcian gives chase, not turning away from the overall focus on the troll.


Current Map: Clock Tower Grnd Flr

Whunk roars and wheels sightlessly as Dez races past. Marcian slashes at Dez. "Come back, coward!"

GM rolls:

Rapier: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

His rapier misses the tiefling as he scoots away to live another day.

Gerzon yelps, a strange sound coming from a troll, and releases a disgusting torrent of troll innards as his belly is split open by Ogon's blade. He collapses in a pool of steaming bluish ichor, breathing his last.

Whunk swings his axe again, nearly hitting Marcian, and then falls down on his face. His last exhalation adds just a bit more stink to the dirty socks-and-fish smell of the guardhouse. He does not move again.

Marcian rushes towards the group, sees how many you are, fumbles for his crossbow and aims it. "Spare me my life and I'll give you my loot!" he says, not putting down his crossbow.

Guardhouse Rumpus, Round 3!
Dez
Gerzon the Troll, dead
Orik
Nadya
Chiquq
Yrja
Whunk the Ogre, dead and too dumb to know it
Ogon
Marcian the Surrendering

3,351 to 3,400 of 3,860 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Axolotl's The Snows of Summer Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.