GM Axolotl's The Shackled Hut

Game Master Axolotl

"Izbushka! Izbushka! Turn your back to the forest and face me!

Loot Tracker

Initiative:

[dice=Dez]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Chiquq]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Yrja]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Ogon]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=Orik]1d20 + 2[/dice]

Perception:

[dice=Chiquq]1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=Yrja]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Pufos]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=Braegan]1d20 - 1[/dice]
[dice=Imendri]1d20 +8[/dice]
[dice=Caelum]1d20 + 7[/dice]


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,562 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Yrja moves to her left to keep the quickling in sight as she points a finger at it. "Stay still, curse you!"

Cast Hold Person, DC 17 Will.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Dez' rapier thrust meets only air, but Orik's greatsword swing is far more effective. With a sound like dry hay being threshed, the twigjack is dealt a grievous hurt.

Will save:

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

With a rather constipated expression, the quickling freezes in its tracks. It starts to fade, slowly, but the faerie fire continues to outline it.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Round 3--Hazards at the Hut!
Yrja [acted]
Chiquq
Ogon -4 hp
Quickling, Faerie Fire, Held
Twigjack, -15 hp
Dez -4 hp
Orik, -6 HP

Twigjack Perc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

The sticklike creature narrows its eyes, or rather, squeezes its dark knotholes where eyes should be.

Chiquq draws upon her divine focus in the realm of Travel, and sprints towards the quickling. She moves through the brush--and past her companions--as if they were naught but cold air. "Stay still a little longer, imp, and I'll make sure you never move again," she hisses. Aitut paws the ground, a bit uncertain, having been given no instructions.

The twigjack, hemmed in on all sides, jabs at Dez again, this time with a spear.

Twigspear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

It doesn't come close. It maintains its position, watching the tiefling with its hole-eyes.

Ogon, Dez, and Orik, you're up!


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon steps up, barging Orik's massive leg aside with the force of his steel-clad form. Once again his flaming sword leaps into life and slashes at the twigjack.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 = 16


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Ogon neatly bisects the twigjack into two smoldering bundles of sticks. It doesn't even have time to scream.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik moves up towards the quickling, and hoping to maybe block its escape route, tosses another effective blinding burst of light at the creature.

burst of radiance: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 4) = 8

If evil, it automatically takes 8 damage, no save. It must make a DC 16 reflex save or be blinded.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

GM rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The quickling hisses in pain, and is blinded as well.

After a little research, I'm ruling that Hold Person grants a humanoid a Reflex saving throw, but with a Dex of 0.

The quickling also cannot move, despite clearly trying to break Yrja's spell. It cannot even speak.

Round 4 (I think?)--Hazards at the Hut!
Yrja
Chiquq
Ogon -4 hp
Quickling, Faerie Fire, Held, Blind
Dez -4 hp
Orik, -6 HP

Chiquq draws an arrow. "Let your last thoughts be of the knowledge that you were slain by a 'stupid human'," she says grimly.

Coup de Grace Arrow Shot: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Critical: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Quickling Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Her shot is true, piercing the little fey in the neck. It sprays out blue-tinged arterial blood, which is cold and does not steam. After a few spurts, the quickling keels over, dead.

Combat Over!

Maret Truskin flies out of the house, tears streaming down her face. She has the hard-worn look of an Irriseni farmer, her clothes showing signs of stains and patching and re-patching. She kneels at the dead person's side, murmuring prayers to him, then looks up at the group of travelers. Her eyes light up slightly at the sight of Nadya, but she remains generally mournful given the circumstances.

"There's another one of the fast ones. It's in the barn. It's taken up with my son, Garen. He's the get of a satyr and ran away when he came of age. I don't think he knew what kind of miserable gangsters he's joined up. Please...Nadya...you must save him. My debt to all of you, strangers," she says, kneeling in the snow to all of you.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

"I'm sorry for your loss. Where's the barn? Is it likely your son will try to attack us? We will kill the quickling he is with."


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik breathes heavily and squints at the woman who left the cabin, then nods at her, waiting for her to point towards the barn (if it is not immediately visible). He will slap Dez on the shoulder if it is, and grin at him. ”Blood’s pumping now, eh buddy? Let’s crush s’more of these little pests.”


Current Map: Wolf and Man

"It's just across the field," says Maret, pointing across their fallow yard. "I cannot imagine my dear boy attacking you. My dear Garyeshka."

She wipes away her tears. "Go, go, before the other one gets bold, and save my son. Ah, Garen," she says, resignedly.

I need to make a map! This AP is notably scarce on maps.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik heads over towards the barn so long as he is accompanied by other stalwart friends.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Dezső accompanies him, holding his rapier and the tanglefoot bag.


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon marches towards the barn, muttering about 'annoying stick men'.


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Yrja could not just stand by while this boy was in danger, so she follows the others, staying close.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Great Aroden's Backside, I'll have a barn up today!!!!


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Nadya, Orm and Mjoli help carry the dead man into the cottage, Maret closing the door behind them. Nadya gives the rest of you a dangerous nod that signifies I'll kill anything that comes near, don't worry, as you head across the field.

The Truskin barnyard is frostbitten, its rows of winter wheat, turnips and burdock all wilting and suffering from neglect. Its clear that the Truskins have not been doing well for some time. Farming is not easy in Irrisen, dependent on small charms from jadwiga to keep the ground fertile, and if a farm is not in favor, it soon freezes solid. This looks to be the sad fate of the Truskins, even before Garen and the fey returned to Ellsprin.

The walk across the acre is short, and you soon find yourself in front of the barn. It is silent, and smells strongly of hay, and less strongly of livestock that are clearly no longer in residence.

Map is up!


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon casts a quick glance left and right before firmly shoving the barn door open with his dragon-embossed shield.

Wait for any prep/buffs and then go when everyone gives the nod.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Pausing here to see if anyone stops Ogon and prefers the stealthy approach. Flextime away...or not! :D

Ogon does not hear or see anything out of the ordinary. It's quiet...too quiet. :P

I rolled 25 on Perc for Ogon. :)


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik follows Ogon, sure that whatever fey monstrosity was inside would spot them before they spotted it.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Can you let me know what time of day it is? Trying to decide whether to burn through my buffs. Is it reasonable to expect we are going to spend the night here?


Current Map: Wolf and Man

It's a few turns of the glass before noon. And providing the fey menace is stopped, this was the intended dropping off spot for Orm and Mjoli with Nadya's cousin.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Only the one way into the barn? Any windows?


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Just the main door. Irriseni barns are covered in sod as in Iceland, with small ports for chimney, but other than that, windows are a liability in the land of Eternal Winter.

...

...I just made that up BUT I did google some pictures of sod barns.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Seems totally reasonable.

Dez signals intent to listen first and he approaches stealthily, rapier in hand, tanglefoot in his tail's grasp.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

He then listens at the barn door.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Dez:

You can hear angry whispering of a high pitched nature, and a muffled sob coming from someone with a younger, deeper voice. Both voices sound far away from the door. You can't make out the words.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Dez gives Ogon the go ahead to burst on in!


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

And burst in Ogon does!


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

As he bursts in, Dez informs him, "Sounded to me like Garen is scared. They didn't sound like they are near the door."


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Map updated!

Ogon gives the door a mighty heroic heave! It slides back to reveal a rather barren barn with hay storage under a catwalk that runs along the sides of the front. The rear doors lead to another part of the barn, and there are even doors on the catwalk--for insulation, perhaps. No humanoid is in the front of the barn, and the hay does not look the freshest. No cows or goats either; perhaps the Truskins have had to sell them off as their farm gradually decays into poverty.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik scoots in after Ogon, and stands next to him, still wielding his greatsword, and casts a spell on himself, boosting his ability to fight.

Cast Divine Favor

status:

Negative Effects: None
HP: 29/33
AC: 20 (Base 18, plus barkskin)
Attack/Damage: +2 over normal (divine favor, fate's favored)
Spells Memorized
2nd—burst of radiance (DC 16)
. . 1st— shield of faith
. . 0 (at will)—create water, detect magic, guidance, mending


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Being a simple soul who believes in simple solutions, Ogon heads straight for the rear door since there is nothing in this section.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Dezső quaffs his shield extract and then heads over to the nearest hay pile and quickly searches it with his rapier.

How many piles of hay large enough to hide humanoids are there?


Current Map: Wolf and Man

There are many, many bales of hay. Thirty, maybe. Dez' rapier finds only hay and the nose-wrinkling smell of patchy white mold found in the depths of the bales, which releases a bit of powder into the air.

Ogon, do you open the door?

Implied OOC text is implied!


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Before anyone worries about fungal monsters, it's just moldy hay, I swear!


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

"Keep an eye on the hay bales in case the thing is hiding in one of them. Nadya and Yrja, maybe you all should cover us from the catwalks? Orik, maybe you or I should hang back in case it makes a break for the door? Since you look ready to move forward with Ogon, I'll plan on hanging back for the moment..."


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Keeping a fold of her cloak over her mouth and nose as protection against the dust and chaff, Yrja enters the barn, and after a moment to orient herself, ascends on one of the catwalks.

"We should hurry."


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Nadya is back at the house with Maret and her kids. Nadya's kids, not Maret's kids. Chiquq is with you, though.


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon doesn't have much patience for Dez's planning. The creature is there, so it needs to die!

He barges into the door without subtlety.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Sorry -- I meant Chiquq.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik moves to the middle to support everywhere!


Current Map: Wolf and Man

Ok, everyone please position yourself on the map for the moment when Ogon charrrrges!

I'm gonna move Chiquq up, arrow at the ready.


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Moved!


Current Map: Wolf and Man

I use GM WITCHCRAFT to move Ogon!

Ogon slides the double doors back savagely. In the rear room, a scowling quickling awaits you, their slender form and dress appearing more feminine than the one you slew. Garen, a full grown satyr with the looks of a young man, stands before you next to her, his large brown eyes full of tears. It's clear he's been wearing boots and trousers to cover up his goatish hooves and legs, but the quickling's rapier has cut them to ribbons, and left cuts on his shirt as well. In his hands he holds a pair of joined pipes, trembling. At once, the quickling begins to move, blurring from sight, and Garen reluctantly brings the pipes to his lips.

GM rolls:

Dez: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Chiquq: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Yrja: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Ogon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Orik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Garen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Quickling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Battle at the Barn, Round 1!
Dez
Ogon
Orik
Quickling
Garen
Yrja
Chiquq

I need to update people's HP...


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 4 | HP 26/40 | AC 23-13-21| F+11, R+8, W+11| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

Orik grits his teeth, and casts his last powerful spell at the villanous quickling, then moves into the room, and snaps his fingers, enlarging his hobgoblin friend.

Not sure if enlarge helps at all, but it gives Ogon reach at least.

Reflex Save DC 16 or be blinded for one round
Blind/Dazzle Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2
burst of radiance, no save on damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 4) = 12
Quickling takes 12 damage!

Actions:

Standard - Burst of radiance, only targeting quickling
Move - move 20'
Swift - ENLARGE PERSON - ON OGON

Status:

Negative Effects: None
HP: 29/33
AC: 20 (Base 18, plus barkskin)
Attack/Damage: +2/+2 over normal (divine favor, fate's favored)
Spells Memorized
2nd— 0
. . 1st— shield of faith
. . 0 (at will)—create water, detect magic, guidance, mending


HP: (4NL) 51/51 | AC: 21/24 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 15 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Intim +6, Perc: +9, SM +9, UMD +5 | Speed 20ft | Kinetic Blade +8 (vs. touch), 2d6+2+3, x2 | Burn 1/8, Resolve 1/1 | Active conditions:

Ogon closes with the quickling and strikes with his flaming sword before he suddenly swells mightily in size and cannot help but let out a booming laugh as he does so!

KB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

Enlarge helps me hit because I get more STR but makes no difference to damage. Great for making me the primary target though, so that's worth considering! :D


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Dez drinks his mutagen and runs into the room with the quickling and Garen.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

GM rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The canny and swift fey takes a mighty blow from Ogon, but shields her eyes in time from the blast of light.


Current Map: Wolf and Man

She screams--a bit like a rabbit, you think--and spits out, "Where's Faernip?!" before sprinting toward Ogon like a blur. In a split second, she has slashed at the giant hobgoblin and retreated to the catwalk.

GM rolls:

short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
for: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The quickling deals a small cut to Ogon, which frosts over.

3 HP of slashing damage, 5 hp of cold damage.

Garen takes a short breath and plays a mournful, distant pastoral melody that becomes languid as it drifts down from your ears to the depths of your bones. You can feel your eyelids growing heaving. He loses himself in the sound, forgetting his fear and pain for a moment.

Everyone, I need a DC 18 Will save vs. a sleep effect.


NG Tiefling Witch 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 14-14-12 | F+4, R+4, W+6 | Resist cold/electricity/fire +5 | Per +6, Init +4, darkvision 60 ft. | Hex DC 17

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She had used her magic countless times to put others to sleep, and now it is her turn to succumb to the lure of sleep. The young witch slumps on the boards of the catwalk, fast asleep.


NG M Tiefling investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 41/41 | CURRENT AC 22 | AC 22-16-17 (+2 with shield extract) | F+4, R+13, W+6 (W+5 if using mutagen) | Per +11, Init +5 | Inspiration 6/6 | panache 5/5

Will with inspiration: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 3 + (5) = 17
It's an 18 if this is "spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities of evil arcane spellcasters," which it seems like it is...

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,562 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Axolotl's The Snows of Summer Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.