GM Aram Zey's Reign of Winter for PFS part 1 (Inactive)

Game Master SwampTing

Master of Spells Aram Zey has heard of a noblewoman who has gone missing near the Taldan village of Heldren. Kidnapped by bandits, is the rumour. Whilst a rather minor noblewoman in her own right, her disappearance coincides with the appearance of a curious pocket of winter reminiscent of the eternal frost that covers the land of Irrisen.

Intrigued by the opportunity to gain allies for the Pathfinder society amongst the Taldan nobility and to discover the reason for this strange phenomenon, the Master of Spells has decided to teleport a team of pathfinders to Heldren to look into the matter.

Easy reference sheet
Latest map


651 to 700 of 866 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

Yeouch, our gunslingers are having a bad day!

Exiel grimly grips the sword in his hands and snarls:

She wants nothing to do with you, now let. Her. GO!

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Exiel channels his fury into strength as he takes a mighty swing at the doll. His large sword scores the wall of the hut as he carves a great arc through the air, catching the doll in mid-swing and cleaving it in two.

Evidently, a butt-load of damage and some good rolls also works well for punching through DR.

The previously-sultry voice sounds throughout the hut in a shriek of fury and rage for several seconds before fading...leaving behind a small, soft, tired but happy voice.

It simply says, thank you.

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Whew... if we had have a failed save we'd have been screwed for sure

Scarab Sages

Masterwork Nodachi +5 (1d8+1/18-20/x2) ]Masterwork Musket +8 (1d10/x4) Halfling Gunslinger Musketmaster HP 26/26 AC: 20/FF16/T15 Fort +5 (+7 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +8, Will +4; +2 vs. fear Perception +8 Init +4

Phew, praise Chaldira that thing is gone! Those witches must be unredeemable evil to force the soul of a child into such a doll!

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map
Badr al Din Ibn Badriyah wrote:
Whew... if we had have a failed save we'd have been screwed for sure

The will save was DC 11, but Exiel's will isn't the best at +2, so yes, I was a little worried too!

But it would seem that the heart of the dice favoured Exiel for his role-playing of a personal stake in this battle. Both in saving throws and attack rolls.

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Burn it, burn it all Badr says making a sign against evil.

Reloading with powder and cold iron bullet. I'll also take a tap from my evil heal stick and come up to full

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard (Transmuter) 7 | HP 57/57 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | Saves: F: +5 R: +7 W: +7 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 Percep: +12 SM: +1

Guilford heaves a sigh of relief and dismisses the spell affecting Exiel.

"Thank goodness! I hope the poor child can now find rest at last."

Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

Exiel heaves a sigh of relief as he reaches for the doll's upper-half.

Reaching for his discarded shield, he places the doll between the shield and the floor of the hut, and raises a large booted foot.

"It's over, little one. You are free to go now, where those foul witches can never reach you again. May Pharasma look upon you kindly and be gracious to you in light of the horrors you have suffered."

"Perhaps, perhaps I shall meet you again once more when my turn comes to leave for the higher planes. I shall hope for that. I suppose it is too late to ask for your name, but if you think to look for me, my name is Exiel, Exile of Xa Hoi, last son of the Tang family which once served the Dragon Emperor. It is a name that does not mean much anymore...but if it will help you find me, I would like to know that you are well in the afterlife."

"Now, leave in peace."

With that, he takes a deep breath and pauses for just a moment before bringing his large booted heel upon the shield, crushing the doll's head and the gemstone eye within in one powerful stomp.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

As Exiel reaches for the doll's head and pries out the gemstone eye, he hears the girl's voice in his head.

Thank you, mister. You and your friends. I... I was trapped in there for so long, and it...it was horrible, but... I'm...I'm a little scared, now that I'm about to be freed, really. I'm scared to go. I don't know what lies beyond... But it will still be better than being trapped in here, I am sure...

Before you release me, I can tell you something. I was guardian over this place, and I know that there is...a magical trap at the start of the other path. The one behind the hut. You should go through the trees around it.

I...I don't know much more about what happens beyond... But please be careful, mister. You and your friends, don't let those nasty witches catch you. They do terrible, hurtful things. I...I wish I could see my mother again...but I can't see anything beyond this stone now. I...I think I'm ready to go now... if you find my mommy, Nadya...tell her I love her. That I'm sorry for being naughty, and not listening to her. Tell her....

And with that, the voice fades away into silence, the only evidence left of the soul within the gem being the softly glowing pin-point of light in its centre.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Dammit, don't ninja the GM! =p Fine, you stomp the gem AFTER she finishes talking to you...

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wood Wizard 1 / Ninja 4 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 T 15 FF 19 | F +4 R +8 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +8/+10 | Sense Motive +3

Shu frowns at Badr. "Now that doll is smashed you want to burn hut? Hut not evil, and we might need it for sleeping."

Shuffling into the structure, Shu searches it for anything useful. Pu follows, and starts poking around as well.

Detect Magic from Shu. Pu will take 20 on Perception for 25.

Also, Shu already tapped Badr with the Infernal wand right after he took that first blast of cold damage. Did he take more than 10 points of damage?

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

As Exiel crushes the gemstone eye (and the rest of the upper-half of the doll, it seems) under his boot, you hear the girl's voice one last time. It is a soft, nervous, but at the same time relieved laugh.

Thank you once more, all of you. Mister, my name is Thora. Thora Petska. And I will remember you, Exiel of Za-hoy...erm...last son...of the...ten...dragons? Erm...I'll just remember Exiel of Za-hoy. It's a funny name and there probably won't be too many around with that name. Goodbye, and thank you once more.

And with that, a chill wind bears her voice away, and all is silent once more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the aftermath of the chilling battle, Exiel takes awhile to recollect his thoughts. Exiel, Eldanar and Badr (and perhaps a few of the others) observe a few minutes of silence for the little girl. Soon however, you are on the road again, mindful of the sun hanging low on the horizon.

Was about to type more, but decided to check, and sure enough, another ninja! =p

With the sun as low as it is, you realise that you will need to find shelter soon, and there is little guarantee of finding suitable shelter out in the woods.

Shu scans the hut for magic, and detects a few lingering auras that fade away within less than a minute. Pu scampers around looking for potential hazards, but finds nothing. You can choose to press on, or rest for the night.

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Missed that - no harm done. I have marked off only a single charge'

The hut and remains of doll are evil - purge it with fire. I will not shelter within - I would rather freeze to death.

Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

Exiel smacks his forehead sheepishly.

"What was I thinking," he mutters to himself, "giving her such a long name and a life history to boot... Thora Petska. Thora Petska. Daughter of Nadya. I will remember your name, Thora Petska, daughter of Nadya, and if I meet your mother, I will convey your last words to her."

As he returns his attention to the present, he notes Badr's comment about the hut. His eyes glow softly as he looks over the hut, scanning for the presence of any evil.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

The hut, as far as you can tell, bears no trace of evil, nor of magic. Regardless of the forces that were once here, all that remains is a strangely-shaped but otherwise normal hut...with a tiny carved chair, a smashed up doll and a few bullets and sword slashes in the woodwork.

Take a vote on whether to stay the night or proceed, and I will check back tomorrow morning.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wood Wizard 1 / Ninja 4 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 T 15 FF 19 | F +4 R +8 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +8/+10 | Sense Motive +3

Shu votes to stay. So does Pu.

Scarab Sages

Masterwork Nodachi +5 (1d8+1/18-20/x2) ]Masterwork Musket +8 (1d10/x4) Halfling Gunslinger Musketmaster HP 26/26 AC: 20/FF16/T15 Fort +5 (+7 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +8, Will +4; +2 vs. fear Perception +8 Init +4

Don´t worry, i have a tent big enough for all of you to fit in. Just help me set it if you don´t want to sleep in the hut. I think the hut would be fine though.

Grand Lodge

Monk 5

After the ineffectual shurikens, Mu resigned to follow the gnome, "Rla-rla-rla-rla-rla-Mu don't hear you! Rla-rla-rla-rla-rla-Mu don't hear you!, continuing long until after the battle was over.

He gives the Shymeska warding-off-evil sign and enters the hut to rest.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard (Transmuter) 7 | HP 57/57 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | Saves: F: +5 R: +7 W: +7 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 Percep: +12 SM: +1

"I would definitely like a rest. If nothing else, I can prepare my spells again for tomorrow."

Scarab Sages

Masterwork Nodachi +5 (1d8+1/18-20/x2) ]Masterwork Musket +8 (1d10/x4) Halfling Gunslinger Musketmaster HP 26/26 AC: 20/FF16/T15 Fort +5 (+7 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +8, Will +4; +2 vs. fear Perception +8 Init +4

Let´s have a rest here for the night. Might generally be safer and warmer and i feel a bit worn out too. That musket jams are always exhausting my inner energy somehow.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wood Wizard 1 / Ninja 4 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 T 15 FF 19 | F +4 R +8 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +8/+10 | Sense Motive +3

Once everyone is settled, Shu pushes the chair in front of the open door as a small barricade to anything that might wand to crawl in during the night. He then takes a corner for himself, leans back against the wall, and pulls his headwrap over his eyes.

"Pu takes first watch."

Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

Exiel snaps from his reverie.

Hmm? Rest? Oh yes, rest. My, it is evening already isn't it. Rest will be a good idea, yes. I...I will take first watch with Pu, if he does not mind. I...need to clear my mind a little. It will be awhile before I sleep anyway.

And I will take the tent with Badr, I suppose. Whatever magic and evil that once resided in the hut is now gone...but...I think I would prefer not to sleep in there after all.

With that, Exiel moves to a nearby tree and begins to look around for fallen branches to make a fire with.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

By (mostly) general consensus, the party decides to rest for the night in the clearing, atop the mound, with Guilford, Eldanar, Mu and Shu in the hut whilst Exiel and Badr share the tent outside. You manage to build a small fire before night falls, and take turns at keeping watch.

whose watch?: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Mu's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

It is a cold night, made all the more so by your memory of the recent battle, and during Mu's watch, he so busies himself with warming himself by the fire that he does not heed the sound of rushing winds behind him...until he is slammed from behind by a great gust of wind!

?'s attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The blast of wind knocks Mu briefly off-kilter, but he recovers and turns to see a small cloud-like creature with dark hollows reminiscent of eyes and a mouth, which a howling wind whips it into ominous shapes. Close behind are a small blue humanoid creature with thin, leathery wings, small horns, and a vicious grin; and a little figure you have seen before - the last of the annoying sprites that ambushed you a few days back.

You didn't think you could wreak so much havoc on our turf without reprisals, did you? the blue horned creatured jeers. Mu is the only one awake, and you are all under attack!

Initiatives
Exiel:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Badr:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Mu:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Shu:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Guilford:: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Eldanar:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Ambushers:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

By the way, the wind-creature is a little hard to see on the map, but I suppose that's somewhat appropriate.

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wood Wizard 1 / Ninja 4 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 T 15 FF 19 | F +4 R +8 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +8/+10 | Sense Motive +3

"五分鐘, 五分鐘... ZZZzzz.."

Grand Lodge

Monk 5

"HORLY CRLAP - NINJAS!", Mu shouts at the top of his lungs and starts swinging.

flurry, Vertical Punch,flanking?: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 7;1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
flurry, Ax Kick,flanking?: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 9;1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

The wind-creature turns into a dervish of wind, kicking up a small maelstrom that snuffs out your campfire.

Meanwhile, the horned creature flies over the hut towards the tent, but upon spying a bunch of you sleeping in the hut, he cackles loudly.

You would dare sleep in a sentinel hut? You Taldan dogs are more foolhardy than I thought! Well, here's for your audacity!

Being asleep, you are unable to make reflex saves. You each take

frost breath: 1d4 ⇒ 4

4 points of cold damage, and are sickened for 3 rounds.

The last winged annoyance fire a small ray of light at Mu.

Mu's will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The small motes of light entrance Mu, and he stands about looking at them, thoroughly Dazed.

Exiel and Badr have a chance to hear the commotion...
Exiel's perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Badr's perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Badr hears the commotion and jolts to wakefulness. However the day's events have taken their toll on Exiel, who continues to slumber peacefully.

Mu and Exiel are dazed and asleep, respectively. Everyone else is awake, either from the blast of cold or from being alert. The fire is out, so anyone without low-light vision or darkvision suffers a 20% miss chance unless a light source is created.

Scarab Sages

Masterwork Nodachi +5 (1d8+1/18-20/x2) ]Masterwork Musket +8 (1d10/x4) Halfling Gunslinger Musketmaster HP 26/26 AC: 20/FF16/T15 Fort +5 (+7 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +8, Will +4; +2 vs. fear Perception +8 Init +4

Eldanár wakes up by that noise and immediately stands up to shoot his musket at the blue dude.

Musket: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d10 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Reference sheet is updated, declare actions!

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Eldanar wakes up and spends a move action to grab his rifle. He fires a shot in the dark...

miss on 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 32

The bullet hits, but in the darkness, he is quite sure he sees the bullet bouncing off the creature, who simply laughs.

Shu, Badr and Guilford!

Also, note your conditions on the reference sheet!

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wood Wizard 1 / Ninja 4 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 T 15 FF 19 | F +4 R +8 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +8/+10 | Sense Motive +3

"AAEEIII!" Shu sits bolt upright, drool frozen on his mouth and beard. Pu shivers on the ground nearby, staggered by the sudden freezing attack.

Upon seeing the blue creature at the door, Shu's surprise turns to a scowl. "That's it! Now you made Shu mad!" Standing suddenly, the curtain cloak he was using as a blanket falling from his shoulders, he casts a spell with angry arcane words.

Cast True Strike

Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

Zzz...leprechauns...zzz....at least I have chicken...zzz

Can I assume I cast CLW on myself before sleeping? No reason for me not to...

If yes:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard (Transmuter) 7 | HP 57/57 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | Saves: F: +5 R: +7 W: +7 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 Percep: +12 SM: +1

Guilford fairly jumps out of bed when hit with the cold blast. He stands up and casts light on his cane, holding it aloft like a torch.

I'm guessing no spell reset due to sleep interruption?

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map
Guilford Baldwin wrote:

Guilford fairly jumps out of bed when hit with the cold blast. He stands up and casts light on his cane, holding it aloft like a torch.

I'm guessing no spell reset due to sleep interruption?

Correct, but the good news is that you regain it all after this battle. Spam away!

Exiel. wrote:

Zzz...leprechauns...zzz....at least I have chicken...zzz

Can I assume I cast CLW on myself before sleeping? No reason for me not to...

If yes:
1d8+1

Sure.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Will assume Badr spends his actions getting up to his feet and waking Exiel up. Exiel ends the turn awake but prone, Badr is on his feet. Note that you are both still in the tent, and have no line of sight till you move out of the tent.

Scarab Sages

Masterwork Nodachi +5 (1d8+1/18-20/x2) ]Masterwork Musket +8 (1d10/x4) Halfling Gunslinger Musketmaster HP 26/26 AC: 20/FF16/T15 Fort +5 (+7 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +8, Will +4; +2 vs. fear Perception +8 Init +4

Eldanár takes out his everburning torch which illuminates the surroundings and fixes it at his bandoleer, as miserable as he feels at the moment.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

The maelstrom dies down as the wind-creature coalesces into a cloud-like figure and swings a wispy appendage at Mu.

attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It clubs the dazed Mu soundly across the head, clearing the stars that dance before his eyes.

Shor! Over here you darn fool! Spray them! the horned blue creature calls out as he points a crooked finger at Eldanar's musket.

Eldanar's will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Eldanar feels his musket getting colder for just a split second, but manages to wrest his musket from the tendrils of icy magic wrapping around it, and it gets no colder than it already is.

Meanwhile, the sprite joins the horned creature in front of the tent and releases a large spray of light in a cone!

(Yes, it's that spell again...)
Shu's will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Guilford's will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Eldanar's will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Poor Guilford is:
Knocked unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 rounds
Then blinded and stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds
And then stunned for 1 round.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Sorry Guilford, it is an onerous spell at level 1!
New round! Begin the counter-attack!

Just noticed that in their current position, they are in an ideal position for a 15ft cone spell of some sort...

Grand Lodge

Gnome Wood Wizard 1 / Ninja 4 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 T 15 FF 19 | F +4 R +8 W +3 | Init +3 | Perc +8/+10 | Sense Motive +3

His spell complete, Shu's eyes become solid white. Looking towards the door he begins chuckling, holds out a hand to the side, and summons a magical wooden spear. With a flick of his fingers the weapon launches, passes within inches of the first blue creature, and lodges firmly into the smaller one behind it.

Splintering Spear with True Strike: 1d20 + 5 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 20 = 38
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Shu's perfectly-aimed spear of wood pegs the little light-spewing creature, impaling it thoroughly and carrying the little creature flying into the distance along the spear's trajectory. You are pretty sure you will never see it again. Well, not that particular one, at least.

Badr, Mu and Exiel!

Scarab Sages

Masterwork Nodachi +5 (1d8+1/18-20/x2) ]Masterwork Musket +8 (1d10/x4) Halfling Gunslinger Musketmaster HP 26/26 AC: 20/FF16/T15 Fort +5 (+7 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +8, Will +4; +2 vs. fear Perception +8 Init +4

Guess Eldanár is taking out the everburning torch this round. Will sleep soon, but he will fire at them with cold iron paper cartridges. In the torchlight he should see well.

Reload and fire asap. Then repeat untill enemy dead.

Musket cold iron: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d10 ⇒ 8

Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

Still burning with recently-kindled fury, Exiel grips his sword and gets to his feet, taking a step out of the tent into the cold. As he eyes the blue horned creature, he asks calmly

"Thora Petska. Little girl, freckled, beautiful red hair down her shoulders. Mean anything to you?"

Think that's all I can do this round, having started the round prone and unarmed...but works well for creating dialogue.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Wizard (Transmuter) 7 | HP 57/57 | AC 15 T 15 FF 11 | Saves: F: +5 R: +7 W: +7 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 Percep: +12 SM: +1

No sweat, GM! I've been the beneficiary of that spell enough in other games to be the victim this time. Also, it should be common knowledge that I have 4 scrolls of burning hands on my person...

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Badr lets the creature have it.

1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 6
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unlike a cartidge shot I needed a 1 to misfire with powder. Reloads with a cold Iron cartridge

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

Badr begins to wonder whether the witches of Irrisen have somehow cursed him already, as he steps out into the cold and attempts to shoot at the (I assume) blue horned creature, but sneezes just as he pulls the trigger, sending his bullet into the air.

Will let Mu post 2 actions on his turn, but for now, moving on to new round.

Grand Lodge

Border of War map Reign of Winter map

The windy creature continues its assault on Mu!

attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

uh oh
confirmation roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The windy creature let out a roar like the sound of a mighty gale as it sends a cloud-like extension of itself smashing into Mu's face! Blood trickles freely from his nose as he reels from the blow.

The horned creature lets out a cackle as it steps away from Mu and looks towards Exiel

Why yes, I believe I do remember that little red-headed runt. Quite the mouth, she had.

Then leaning towards Exiel for emphasis, it declares in a jeering voice

I HELD THE SOUL FOCUS AS MISTRESS NAZHENA SLIT HER THROAT AND SHOVED HER SOUL INSIDE.

As it says that, several bolts of energy streak from it towards Exiel, slamming into the aasimar's body and brutally savaging him.

damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) + 3 = 11

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Oh s#$&...

Need a Magic Weapon spell... and fast!

Badr moves outside the tent and shoots the blue horned creature.

1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 12
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Cold Iron

Yeah... we're all gonna die... Can't hit for s@&#

Lantern Lodge

[|]Aasimar | Paladin 2 | HP:17/17 | AC: 14/ FF 10/ T 11 | Fort: +8 Ref: +6 Will: +7 | Perception: -1 | Dark Vision | Init: +4 [|]

The smart thing to do at this point would be to heal himself, but the creature's taunt throws Exiel far beyond any capacity for rational thought. Fairly frothing at the mouth, Exiel steps towards the creature with his sword in both hands and but two words on his lips.

Smite. Evil.

attack: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 5 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

Smite evil automatically bypasses DR of evil creatures

Oh yeah, suck on that!

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Someone may want to tap Exiel again with the evil stick :D - There is a lot to be said for buying "oil" of cure light wounds. Edit - no issues with calculation

Grand Lodge

Monk 5

(didn't know he was undazed, so 2 actions)

Mu take a potion of CLW.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Continues with combo.

flurry, flanking: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 13;1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
flurry, flanking: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 10;1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

(GM - please verify Mu's HP)

The Exchange

Init +4(+6)|AC19/Touch15/Flatfoot14/CMD 18||HP 21/[28]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+7 ;Wil+4|Percept +7/Sense Motive +2 Keleshite Human Male Gunslinger (Musket Master) /3 (Favoured Class)

Mu is smart :)

651 to 700 of 866 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aram Zey's Reign of Winter for PFS part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.