GM Abraham's Murder's Mark

Game Master Abraham Z.

Murder's Mark Slides
Knowledge Checks
Spell Templates


251 to 300 of 331 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Let me check those vials."

Raynard tries to detect magic.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Robbin stands back away from the cage and straightens his vest. I take it the guards from Mr. Walder's shop didn't tell you about the Skulks that killed one of his guards. Thomas I think the man's name was. The two skulks we found said another two had unnessisarily killed Thomas and then left them for dead after they got caught in a trap and the vault. So that's technically 3 murders but it seems poor old Thomas was just doing his job at the wrong time."


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |
Raynard Milton wrote:

"Let me check those vials."

Raynard tries to detect magic.

[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8

After examining them, Raynard finds that the vials lack enough of their original contents to identify what they formerly contained, but he's confident that they once contained alchemical materials rather than true potions.


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |
Robbin Redfist wrote:
Robbin stands back away from the cage and straightens his vest. I take it the guards from Mr. Walder's shop didn't tell you about the Skulks that killed one of his guards. Thomas I think the man's name was. The two skulks we found said another two had unnessisarily killed Thomas and then left them for dead after they got caught in a trap and the vault. So that's technically 3 murders but it seems poor old Thomas was just doing his job at the wrong time."

Sheriff Feldane nods appreciatively towards Robbin. "Aye, the guards brought the skulks to me and I was just questioning them when the news of Sister Woodmere's murder arrived. I appreciate your help in capturing them and you can be sure that they will learn the meaning of Ilsurian justice soon enough. Petty thievery ain't unusual for skulks hereabouts, but killin', well, that's not so typical. If these two are to be believed - and why would anyone ever believe one o' them - they had nothing to do with the guard's killing. They claim that their two comrades - the ones who escaped - are more the murderin' types, but then they would say that wouldn't they, when it's them what is sitting in me jail. Lookin' pretty miserable too, an' cryin' for a fix - you can be sure they won't be finding none o' that in me jail!"

She sighs and looks down again at the corpse of the priestess of Erastil. "But this now, this situation is getting much worse. The killings of Walder and Thomas were bad enough, but Sister Estrella was much beloved here - I reckon if you ask around you won't find nary a soul without a story of her kindness - for her to be killed by that sphinx monster, right here besides the dern thing's very cage - well, it's most worrying!"

She glares at Mistress Delisen, who starts to protest, but the Sheriff cuts her off and continues, "Moreover, the carnival seems to be overrun with pickpockets - local citizens have been coming to complain to me nearly since the circus opened. And now the whole town is afire with rumors of your deadly murdering sphinx! Personally, I ain't got nothing 'gainst Varisians - I'm the Sheriff o' the whole town - but the main community here is Chelaxian (meaning ethnic Chelaxians, descended from the Chelaxian colonists who originally established Ilsurian) an' they've always had their prejudices 'gainst Varisians." She looks pointedly at Mistress Delisen who, along with most of the carnival members, is very obviously Varisian. "I'm right afeared that besides yer sphinx murderin' up the town - if it is the sphinx - an' robbery - an' pickpockets - we might get us a little ethnic riot anytime now! I'm athinkin' 'bout the best course o' action, but afore I make any decisions, let's hear from these investigators ye've hired to clear yer circus' name. Mayhaps they can plead yer case..."

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”I missed it upon first glance, but Raynard here has pointed out that the Sister has a tiny rope burn around her neck. And let’s be honest, if a sphinx did this, why would it have to choke someone to death? And how would it use a rope to choke someone when it has big long claws that would shred a body to pieces? It’s simple....a sphinx didn’t do that crime. We also found a couple of villas that clearly had some alchemical creations in them. Not sure what exactly, but I’ve never heard of a sphinx using those things either.”

Grand Lodge

Male CG Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) | HP 12/12 | AC 18T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Look at the ground Sheriff. There's no room fir the sphinx to fly, but no paw prints in here. The sphinx couldn't have anything to do with the sisters death.

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Robbin walks around the cage looking for door or other way for the Sphinx to get out of the cage where the sister is. Looking at the spacing of the bars and how the Sphinx is brought to and from the cage.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

Sheriff Feldane listens to the observations and arguments of the pathfinders with interest. "Aye, I can see that not everything is as it seems, there's no doubt about that, but that doesn’t change me immediate problem: three murders, two of 'em prominent citizens seemingly at the claws o' yer sphinx, and now a rash of pickpocketing at this here circus!" She turns to Mistress Delisen. "I reckon it's time we see the sphinx herself - let her answer for her guilt or innocence! Where is she right now? And why isn’t she in that cage?”

Mistress Delisen flushes at the sheriff’s directness before giving a pained apology. "Mm, yes, well, about that. Y'see, it's a bit complicated..." She trails off, as if hoping that this might be sufficient, but when she sees that it isn't, she continues, "Visitors to our circus see Jherizhana - the sphinx - as our captive, magically subjugated and bound to perform as a carnival attraction. It's a good story, helps build the dramatic suspense when she seems to escape 'n all that, but the truth is, well, the truth is a wee bit different, though I daresay you'll agree that a bit of dramatic license is needed sometimes, just to really bring a story together. For the sake of the audience, don't you know, just for their sake!" She looks expectantly looks around, as if appealing to the Sheriff's theatrical sensibility might be helpful, before sighing, "all right, so then, just between us, Jherizhana's not really a captive of the circus - she just pretends to be one. Why, you may ask? Well, it may seem odd to those without an appreciation for the arts - " she sniffs haughtily "but Jherizhana is actually a bard, who plays at being a circus star in order to travel Avistan and expand her already vast knowledge of history and lore. She enjoys performance art, and loves humanity, at least while she’s performing. This cage is just for show. She actually resides in a large, comfortable, and private wagon of her own. She willingly enters the cage - which could never truly contain her - so the curious may regard her while feeling safe. The guards who always accompany her are not really to protect the public, but actually to maintain her boundaries." She looks beseechingly at both the sheriff and the pathfinders. "But now that ye know the truth about our sphinx, I beg ye to keep it a secret. She's our star attraction, an' I'm sorry to say that I'm afeared that she would not hold such appeal to our public if her truth were known."

Sheriff Feldane listens to this tale with growing annoyance and now bursts out, “You’ve brought a dangerous creature into this community - a creature you clearly cannot keep track of, let alone control. I can’t say I know for certain there’s wrongdoing here on the part of your people, but after a point it ceases to matter. For the safety of my town, I’m putting this circus under quarantine. I don’t want any of your people leaving these grounds unless it’s to leave town completely. I’m giving you two days to get packed up and go!” Turning to the pathfinders she says, "I'll grant you permission to continue investigating, but hear my warning: I want conclusive proof of who is responsible if the circus is to be exonerated. Reasonable doubt is not enough!" With that, she hurries off muttering, "Now I'd best get back to town and see if I can keep the mob from coming down here and torching the whole place!"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) | HP 12/12 | AC 18T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Clearly it wasn't the sphinx, but we should still go talk to her. She may have some insight. After that I think our biggest lead is the missing skulks. Sheriff, is there anyone at all that you can think of who would have a problem with either the church or the circus?

The Concordance

Half-Orc Occultist 2 | Focus 7: Trans 2/2, Abjur 5/5 | Active powers: +1 Saves, +2 Str| | HP 13/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | F: +7*, R: +5*, W: +5* | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +3, Darkvision 120' | Speed 20ft | Spells 1: 4/4 |Active conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +4, Bluff -2, Climb 0, Dipl +2, Disg -2, Intim -2, Know(arcana) +8, Know(eng) +8, Know(hist) +8, Know(local) +5, Know(planes) +8, Know(religion) +8, Spell +9, Stealth -4, UMD +10

Gorak follows the party about their assessing- staying oddly quiet as he is distracted by all manner of objects and trinkets that can be found on the grounds of a circus. His attention waxes as the circus master explains the role of the sphinx, but it soon wanes again as the sheriff make a scene once again.

"That dame needs to best be relaxing at some point. I betcha she is going to explode on someone 'fore too long. Wouldn't want to be that chap, I wouldn't". He yawns for a moment. "This whole murder thing has become quite dull- at least the insistence that Circus here had anything to do with it. But, I suppose we needing to be keeping the officials in the city happy and all. I am sure the sphinx will be able to clear this right up."

As they head off towards the carnival, Gorak's hands drift to his belt as he slowly counts and checks each of the many (many) objects dangling from it. Small skulls, wands, a small sack of buttons, an exotic leaf, to name a few. As he does, the red velvet tophat slowly shifts to a deep, rich navy blue.


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |
Wheeler Fire wrote:
Clearly it wasn't the sphinx, but we should still go talk to her. She may have some insight. After that I think our biggest lead is the missing skulks. Sheriff, is there anyone at all that you can think of who would have a problem with either the church or the circus?

Before taking her leave the sheriff ponders Wheeler's question. "Sister Woodmere was much beloved throughout Ilsurian. I can't really imagine her having any enemies. But the circus is a more complicated question - people were right excited when it came to town, but the murders have cast a long shadow - though I'll grant ye that it's not clear whether or no the sphinx done 'em - still, lotsa people are believin' just that. Moreover, the purses lost to pickpockets throughout the circus has got people riled up too. I'm afraid that there's no small amount o' bad feelings towards Varisians always lurkin' in the hearts o' Ilsurian folk, and these events done pulled 'em right out o' the shadows. If we don't get this under control right quick we could have people taking matters into their own hands..."

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

To the sheriff Robbin comments, That would be terrible. Let us let you take care of the fair sister, Sheriff. May her deity of choice bring rest to her sol her soul.

To the party he exclaims, Holy riddling murders, fellas. I think we need to ask some questions of the sphinx. Funny that, I thought they were the ones supposed to ask questions of adventures like us.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

Ninnic agreed. So far they’d been spinning in a circle. It was time to talk to the creature and see what it could add to the subject at hand.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Raynard nods.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) | HP 12/12 | AC 18T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Wheeler nods To the sphinx.


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

Almara Delisen reluctantly agrees to the pathfinders' desire to question Jherizhana and leaves to arrange it. She returns shortly thereafter and directs the group to the big top, where they find the sphinx waiting for them, seated calmly on a platform some distance above the circus floor. Jherizhana is cordial and gracious, but somewhat aloof as she looks down at them, and insists she has only a few minutes to spare them. "Yes? Mistress Delisen tells me that you have requested an interview. What can I do for you?"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) | HP 12/12 | AC 18T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Thank you for meeting with us. As you have likely heard the circus is the target of numerous nefarious acts, the most extreme are two murders. One was a shopkeeper and the other a member of the clergy. The shopkeeper had evidence around him that could suggest death by a sphinx. The clergy was found in your tent, also dead by large claws, though no other signs of death by sphinx could be found. We were hoping you might know something, anything that we can use to track the true killer and prevent the circus from being overrun by an angry mob.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”And if you don’t care to help we strangers, I’m also sure you’ve heard that the townsfolk have began taking matters into their hands and targeting the circus workers. It’s going to get worse before it gets better, if we can’t find the person behind all of this.”

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

So I guess one of the main things we need to know is where you were during each of the murders. Robbin gives a rough idea of when the murders occured.

Grand Lodge

”Cortland” | Male LN Medium Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +2 R +5 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+10 vs. traps) SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Cortland remains silent during the interview. He watches and assesses the veracity of the sphinx's words.

Sense Motive, Inspiration: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 9 + (5) = 33

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"If you are not guilty we are here to help you!" says Raynard to sphinx.

sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Robbin tries to assure Jherizhana that we are here to find the truth. As you can see, Jherizhana, Robbin pulls out a bag of fried earthworms and starts eating them. We are a mixed group of individuals. Some of us know full well the stares, the whispered words behind our backs, munch munch the children running away in fear, the name calling... munch munch crunch...simple be cause we don't look like Raynard or Cortland here. Robbin offers Jherizhana some of the worms and eats a few more It is possible someone is attempting to frame you just because you are different and there is no one like you here. Robbin offers some worms to the rest of the group, takes one more beakfull, and puts the bag away. No one else who fits the potentially fabricated clues, hoping we would miss the real clues. Robbin dusts worm dust from his feathered hands and face.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

ooc:
stinking dice.


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

"Yes, it is most strange, the entire situation. As you have already determined for yourselves, I am - of course - not the killer! Of course you humanoids always fear that which you do not understand, but still, I cannot imagine why someone would wish to frame me. But perhaps it is because I lack the mind of a criminal? I wonder if you might not learn more by interviewing a thief?"

Jherizhana looks from one pathfinder to another as she speaks, and with her tone and facial expressions she conveys a personality that is lofty and wise, while also sensual. The glint in her eye suggests that she has an earthy sense of humor about the doings of the humanoid races, even such serious doings as these.

If any of the group moves forward, however, she is visibly uncomfortable, and she advises, "I prefer to keep my own company, thank you, we sphinxes are solitary creatures and what you humanoids consider adequate "personal space" is horrifying to us."

Raynard:
Jherizhana is being untruthful or evasive about something.

Cortland:
Jherizhana is being untruthful or evasive about something. Furthermore, there is something wrong - or at least not right - about not only her words, but about her very being. You are not sure why or how, but you feel certain that Jherizhana is not exactly as she presents herself to be.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Is there something else you wanna share with us? I have a feeling that there is something more."


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

She scoffs at Raynard. "Now, now, you know that a lady always likes to keep a bit of mystery about us..."

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Robbin, admiring Jherizhana's wings, blurts out, What it is like to really fly? To be able to take off from the ground and fly when you want. I can glide of course but I need to start from a height. How I wish I could just jump up and fly. Robbin jumps and flaps his wing/arm appendages but doesn't stay aloft.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”The more you can tell us, the more we might be able to help. Is there anything else you can tell us?”


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

Jherizhana smiles indulgently at Robbin's question and provides a brief demonstration of her flying abilities, flapping not terribly gracefully around the room before returning to her perch.

In response to Ninnic, she cocks her head quizzically, clearly pondering, before shaking her head sadly. "I'm afraid the ways of you humanoids are still usually mysterious to me, despite the years I have spent studying you."

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Did you know Sister Woodmere? She was recently found dead in your tent. OR, Mr. Walder? He was apparently a huge admirer of yours.


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

"I can't say that I knew either of them, but then you know when you are a star, it is difficult to keep track of all your admirers."

Grand Lodge

”Cortland” | Male LN Medium Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +2 R +5 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+10 vs. traps) SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Cortland whispers to his companions. Something is not right here. Not just the words, but the very being of this creature seems odd

The Concordance

Half-Orc Occultist 2 | Focus 7: Trans 2/2, Abjur 5/5 | Active powers: +1 Saves, +2 Str| | HP 13/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | F: +7*, R: +5*, W: +5* | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +3, Darkvision 120' | Speed 20ft | Spells 1: 4/4 |Active conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +4, Bluff -2, Climb 0, Dipl +2, Disg -2, Intim -2, Know(arcana) +8, Know(eng) +8, Know(hist) +8, Know(local) +5, Know(planes) +8, Know(religion) +8, Spell +9, Stealth -4, UMD +10

Gorak looks perplexed by cortlands suggestion.

"What do you mean, mate? Seems quite a bit sphinx like, if you be asking me about it. But if we think somethings is wrong, what'da'ya suggest we do about it? If this chap here is hiding something- she sure aint going to be telling us because we asked nice and all"

Grand Lodge

”Cortland” | Male LN Medium Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +2 R +5 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+10 vs. traps) SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Hmm. Let me chat with her.

Cortland advances on the sphinx. He speaks calmly. I can tell from observation that you are not telling us the whole story here. And something is odd about yourself also. We are much better situated to help you if we have all of the facts. Please be totally honest with us. What are you leaving out?


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

As Cortland moves towards Jherizhana she seems agitated. "Stay back, I told you, I cannot abide undue proximity!"

Do you continue advancing?

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Robbin pulls out his bag of worms and starts munching them. moving to get a better view around Cortland Robbin will trip over Ninnic's tail and his bag of fried worms goes flying at Jherizhana falling all about her. Rapid fire apologies, So Sorry, So sorry, such a bumbling fool, let me clean this up for you. . . . ensues as Robbin rushes forward and brushes the worms and crumbs of Jherizhana.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |

As Robbin rushes forward Jherizhana squeaks with alarm. "Well, then, I must depart, adieu!" She gestures and mumbles some phrases and then... vanishes!

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 18:
Although it appears as though she has teleported away, you recall that sphinxes cannot teleport.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

”Interesting. That was a teleportation Spell. Sphinx normally don’t have that ability.”

Grand Lodge

”Cortland” | Male LN Medium Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +2 R +5 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+10 vs. traps) SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Was it a spell she cast? Can I spellcraft to identify it?

Grand Lodge

Male CG Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) | HP 12/12 | AC 18T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Almara? Is she even a sphinx? That was an awfully abrupt departure to prevent physical contact.

The Concordance

Half-Orc Occultist 2 | Focus 7: Trans 2/2, Abjur 5/5 | Active powers: +1 Saves, +2 Str| | HP 13/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | F: +7*, R: +5*, W: +5* | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +3, Darkvision 120' | Speed 20ft | Spells 1: 4/4 |Active conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +4, Bluff -2, Climb 0, Dipl +2, Disg -2, Intim -2, Know(arcana) +8, Know(eng) +8, Know(hist) +8, Know(local) +5, Know(planes) +8, Know(religion) +8, Spell +9, Stealth -4, UMD +10

"Well chaps, that about settles it for me. Disappearing all quick like doesn't look good. I am reasonably certain that a sphinx didn't commit these murders- but I am not reasonable certain that wasn't a sphinx... Leaving us right back to where we were starting at in the first place"

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

OOPSIE, Where to next? Should we check in with the Sheriff or maybe people from the church/temple where the sister was from?

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"That sounds like good idea!"


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |
Cortland wrote:
Was it a spell she cast? Can I spellcraft to identify it?

Give me a spellcraft check


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |
Wheeler Fire wrote:
Almara? Is she even a sphinx? That was an awfully abrupt departure to prevent physical contact.

Almara is not present during your interview with Jherizhana.


Emerald Spire slides | Curse of the Riven Sky slides | Murder's Mark Slides |
Robbin Redfist wrote:
OOPSIE, Where to next? Should we check in with the Sheriff or maybe people from the church/temple where the sister was from?

You can ask around to see if you can gather any additional information.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local) DC 10-14:
Many people in Ilsurian knew Sister Esrelda planned to speak to the sphinx directly this afternoon. She was very public about this after the news of Walder’s murder. Esrelda was half-Varisian, a strong defender of both her heritages, and a respected leader in the community.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local) DC 15-19:
Everyone expects a few purses to be cut at a town carnival, but the carnival’s first day of business saw nothing out of the ordinary. Shortly before Esrelda was discovered, pickpockets seemed to have come out in droves. Once one individual noticed it, an alarm was raised from the crowds and many people discovered they’d been “pinched.” This precipitated the fight on the parade grounds.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local) DC 20+:
Three circus clowns were observed near the sphinx’s tent around the time of the mob scene on the parade grounds, which was unusual, as they had no business being there. Guards are always posted near the tent when the sphinx is doing an appearance. When Jherizhana is not there, patrolling carnival enforcers discourage people from loitering near the tent.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Grand Lodge

Male CG Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) | HP 12/12 | AC 18T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +10 | Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

feel free.to check the spoliers.

Something sounds wrong here, almost like someone wants trouble. A few people mentioned some out of place clowns. We can either try to track them down directly or take it to Almara and Venlock.

Silver Crusade

neutral good Tengu Monk (Unchained) 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (17 T, 13 F) | CMD: 18 | F: 3, R: 5, W: 3 | Init: 3 | Perc: 9 | Speed 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Lets find the clowns. Do we have good descriptions of the three loitering clowns. Also let's not forget the shift skin people. Skulks I think they were called. According to the two we caught, there were two others. Perhaps they put on clothes to blend in with the crowd making it easier to steal the purses.

I suppose the loitering clowns could be skulks also. . . . and maybe the sphinx too. Hey! Did anyone watch the worms as they fell on the sphinx? Sorry I wasn't quick enough to properly invade her space.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”It doesn’t seem like we have any other real leads right now, other than looking for the clowns.”

Grand Lodge

”Cortland” | Male LN Medium Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +2 R +5 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+10 vs. traps) SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration 8/8 | Active Conditions: None

Spellcraft, Inspiration: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 9 + (2) = 21

251 to 300 of 331 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Abraham: Murder's Mark CLASSIC [PFS Gameday VII] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.