GM Aarvid PFS #6-20: Returned to Sky (High) (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Pathfinder Society Scenario #6–20: (Tier 10–11).

*** Maps and Notes ***


351 to 392 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

I'll let the other players decide how they feel about that. I'm fine either way. With the rules clarification on reflex saves while unconscious I'm dead to another missile regardless.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Can anyone revive elf boy over there?

Why do blasted elves have to be so flimsy?

Can anyone else deal with Naur being down/dead? Tortuga has first aid gloves, so if needed he could rush over with a breath of life spell, but that will mean 1 more round before he is fully ready to engage the robots.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist 10/Cleric of Abadar 1 l HP 54/110 l AC 38 l T 24 l FF 35 l CMB +16 l CMD 31 (35 vs Bull Rush & Trip) l Fort +13 l Ref +6 l Will +10 l Init: +2 l Prec +17 (+1 to determine surprise, +2 unusual stonework) l

Roc let's out a loud sigh as he sees Naur go down. "Elves..."

"I'll go see if he is alive. If he isn't though there is nothing I can do for him."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, I am going to assume Naur is bleeding out, but not yet dead....only 'mostly dead'. Technically, it is his turn at the top of the round, so roll to stabilize (if you desire to be not yet dead).

The original robot turns to see Kai having flown behind it,
changing its focus from the party to the magus.

INTRUDER! YOU CANNOT STAY! LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!

It flies back 5' and lashes a pair of glowing tendrils and a burning ray of light from its central eye.

Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 6
Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 9
Laser Eye laser ray touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 for fire: 2d10 ⇒ (9, 4) = 13
one of the tendrils probably chips away stoneskin. Laser eye burns through to skin.

ROUND 2 Summary: Party buffs: haste+1, bard+2
24-Naur([-8hp],prone, bleeding, hasted)
26-Phalanx(flying, lashed+5' move)
17-Roc:(-56) <== Go!
16-Kai(-33,flying) <== Go!

26-2nD ROBOT (flying)
23-Imbroglio(-66?)
16-Pandora:(-0)
14-Tortuga:(-21, flying)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist 10/Cleric of Abadar 1 l HP 54/110 l AC 38 l T 24 l FF 35 l CMB +16 l CMD 31 (35 vs Bull Rush & Trip) l Fort +13 l Ref +6 l Will +10 l Init: +2 l Prec +17 (+1 to determine surprise, +2 unusual stonework) l

Roc wanders over to Naur and briefly prays over him.

I am converting one of my first level cleric spells to a Cure Light Wounds spell.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 At the very least Naur is stabilized with this.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

Thank you GM Aarvid for the save.

Roll to stabilize DC 10: 1d20 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) - 8 + 2 = 8

So -9, Healed 9, currently at 0.

Liberty's Edge

Arathorn Male ? Magus/10 (Hexcrafter) Rogue (U) 1 (Pirate) | HP: TEMPS: 12 / 80/80 (DR/10 Adamantine (100) | AC:27[28] (17[18] Tch / 22 (24 vs surprise) Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 23 [25] | F: +13, R: +14[16], W: +13 | Init: +9 | Perc: +22, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 6/10 | Flight: 10/10 | Destined: 1/1 Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Active Conditions: Enhance(), Stone skin,

Narrowly avoiding one Tendril and with the other chipping away at his magical skin, Kai lets out a sharp gasp as he is scorched by the tobit's lazers. Next time i know the league are about I'm getting some of those resistance potions." He thinks to himsepf as he runs his fingers along his blade, sharpening the edge and causing it to crackle woth lightning. He then chants a spell in Elvish, his blade's lightning charge to increase.

Swift action for Arcane pool for Shock, Keen and +1 enhancement. Cast defensively for shocking Grasp which I can't fail. Realise i put myself too far away to 5' step and tumble in before attacking.

tumble, Heroism, Mantle vs CMD: 1d20 + 19 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 2 + 1 = 39

Attack, Keen, Bard, Haste, Mantle,Heroism, Arcane enhancement, Metal: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 32

For scimitar damage, Adamantine Magic silver cold iron: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 AND
Electric Damage: 11d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6) = 42


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Roc treads over to the fallen Naur and heals him enough to evoke a cough from the fallen mage.

Kai casts to avoid the flailing tendrils and spins over to slash the flying robot with his electical blade, scoring a solid hit.

The force field surrounding the robot dissipates completely and a sizable chunk of metal breaks free, with sparks and smoke.

INTRUDER! CEASE IMMEDIATELY!

The second robot flies up and trains a laser eye on Pandora.

Laser Eye laser ray: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 for fire: 2d10 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10

I think that hits her Touch AC16 from status line?


23-Imbroglio(-66?) <= Go
16-Pandora:(-10) <= Go
14-Tortuga:(-21, flying) <= Go

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga activates his ring to enhance his attacks with the punch of adamantine and then flies over to the other side of the robot to flank for Kai.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Will spend ki to activate furious defense (+4 AC until the end of his next turn) if attacked.

The Exchange

HP 71/71, AC 12, T12, F 12; F+7, R+10, W+12/18*, CMD 17; Init +6, Perc +0

Vinnie lets out a sigh and points a finger at the Green robot!
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 4) = 14 fire damage!
Scorching ray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3) = 14 fire damage!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Vinnie's pair of rays lance towards the green robot, but the second hits a wall providing the large creature some amount of cover. The first ray seems to burn some of the force field around the creature.

As Tortuga flies up, another of the tendrils tries to tag him as he moves into position.

Aoo 20' Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 5

But it nearly tangles itself on a stalactite.

Pandora

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 26 24 TAC 17 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 24/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 3/6 L2: 3/5 L3: 3/4 L4: 1/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min, prot evil 10 min, m.image (7) 20 min

I think Imbroglio's ray attacks should be +3 extra to hit and +2 extra to damage due to haste and inspire courage (ray's usually add weapon damage bonuses)

Blink misschance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 70
The laser finds Pandora in material form burning her in the chest.
With haste my touch is 17 but it hits anyway

On her next jump to the ethereal plane, Pandora 5' steps through the wall. Under the new protection of the wall she takes a scroll from her scroll case and unfolds it to cast heart of the metal specially attuned for 'adamantine' into her bow Gosh, Tortuga was right, I hope it works!

HP 76/86
Buffs: Haste 2/8, inspire courage (+2), heroism, blink 2/10, heart of the metal (adamantine) 1/50


Forged Map | Rebels Map

With the inspiration from Pandora, Vinnie's second ray just hits the robot as well.

Pandora shifts through the wall and draws and reads a scroll for her bow.

ROUND 3 Summary: Party buffs: haste+1, bard+2
24-Naur(0hp,prone, hasted) <== Go!
26-Phalanx(flying)
17-Roc:(-56)
16-Kai(-33,flying)
26-2nD ROBOT (flying)
23-Imbroglio(-66?)
16-Pandora:(-0)
14-Tortuga:(-21, flying)

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

"Ugh. Too much excitement."

Lay on Hands as swift from Faction card.
LoH: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7

Stand up.

"gonna go catch my breath. I'm sure you've got this."

Move 60 hopefully out of harms way.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Naur heals himself by divine source then stands and retreats.

MORE INTRUDERS! YOU DAMAGED PROPERTY. YOU SHALL LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!"

The yellow speaking robot will lash out at Kai with claws, tendrils and laser eye beam.

Claw claw: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36 for dmg: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Claw claw: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 for dmg: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 9
Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Laser Eye integrated laser touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 for fire: 2d10 ⇒ (7, 7) = 14

claw grab: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (15) + 28 = 43 vs CMD
claw grab: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45 vs CMD

The robot latches onto Kai's arm with a crushing vice-like grip. (likely grappled)

17-Roc:(-56) <=go
16-Kai(-47+,flying, grappled) <=go

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist 10/Cleric of Abadar 1 l HP 54/110 l AC 38 l T 24 l FF 35 l CMB +16 l CMD 31 (35 vs Bull Rush & Trip) l Fort +13 l Ref +6 l Will +10 l Init: +2 l Prec +17 (+1 to determine surprise, +2 unusual stonework) l

Roc takes a running leap at the green flying robot hoping to land atop the darn thing.

Roc moves 25 feet towards the robot. If I have read correctly, I would just need a 15 on my acrobatics check to reach the height to be above the flying robot. I have no idea what it will take for me to land on it like I want to though.

Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 7 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 - 7 + 12 = 20

If I am able to land on top of the robot I will attack it.

+1 Holy Adamantine Longsword: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
Damage: magic, good, adamantine, slashing: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Additional Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Liberty's Edge

Arathorn Male ? Magus/10 (Hexcrafter) Rogue (U) 1 (Pirate) | HP: TEMPS: 12 / 80/80 (DR/10 Adamantine (100) | AC:27[28] (17[18] Tch / 22 (24 vs surprise) Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 23 [25] | F: +13, R: +14[16], W: +13 | Init: +9 | Perc: +22, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 6/10 | Flight: 10/10 | Destined: 1/1 Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Active Conditions: Enhance(), Stone skin,

Letting out a groan as the Creature batters him, Kai looks to Tortuga with a sigh and weighs up his options, he decides that the best course of action would be one in which the creature can't threaten him anymore.

"Tortuga my man, I would be much obliged if you could finish this one off it I don't quite manage it!" he says with a cheeky wink before closing his eyes for a second.

Opening them he seems bolstered and then his enhanced reflexes kick in The Magus cutting at the creature repeatedly.

Swift action and spend a Arcane point to grant myself +INT on my attack rolls (+5)

Attack 1:
Attack, Keen, Bard, Haste, Mantle,Heroism, Arcane enhancement, Accuracy: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 27

Amulet of the Destined Bloodline to re-roll

Attack, Keen, Bard, Haste, Mantle,Heroism, Arcane enhancement, Accuracy: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 27

For scimitar damage, Adamantine Magic silver cold iron:: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 and Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Haste Attack:
Attack, Keen, Bard, Haste, Mantle,Heroism, Arcane enhancement, Accuracy: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 30

scimitar damage, Adamantine Magic silver cold iron:: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 and Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Iterative:
Attack, Keen, Bard, Haste, Mantle,Heroism, Arcane enhancement, Accuracy: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 35

Confirm Attack, Keen, Bard, Haste, Mantle,Heroism, Arcane enhancement, Accuracy: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 32

for scimitar damage, Adamantine Magic silver cold iron:: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 and Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

If it confirms, an extra: scimitar damage, Adamantine Magic silver cold iron:: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Roc takes a run to try and jump atop the green robot. However the 10' tall robot flying 10' off the ground makes this a very formidable leap.
DC+4 per foot or a DC80 to leap atop something 20' up. With a 25 you can almost reach the bottom of it with your swing. 5' dwarf + 6'leap.

Tendril AOO force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 4 lashes at the dwarf as he jumps.

Despite the lashing, Roc reaches high at the peak of his arc and he is able to slash the creature from beneath before he lands back on the ground under the robot.

Kai, caught in the grip of the higher robot, slashes madly with his one free arm.

Kai, not seeing the -4 dex penalty and -2 grappled penalty in your attacks, so I will apply them. Correct me otherwise.

Kai blade connects barely at first, but gains accuracy as it chips away, sparks flying and smoke starts to emerge from the robot's shell...but it clings to the magus.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The green robot adjusts its sensors to the new leaping threat that just cut it from below.

INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! STOP THEM!

It glides down 5' and swings on Roc from above +1 on all these.

Claw force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40 for force: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Claw force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41 for force: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Tendril force lash: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40 for force: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Laser Eye laser ray: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 for fire: 2d10 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Wow, couple nat-1s and others high, extreme robot fighter!

Grab force lash: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (16) + 28 = 44 vs CMD31
Grabforce lash: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40 vs CMD31

And the dwarf takes a beating and one claw grabs him soundly like a bear trap.

23-Imbroglio(-66?) <=Go
16-Pandora:(-10) <=Go
14-Tortuga:(-21, flying) <=Go

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga uses a flying kick to get into flank provokes an AoO and then continues to pummel the robot.

Primary Attack 1:
attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 40
damage: 2d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7, 8) + 5 + 2 = 22 adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Primary Attack 2:
attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 25
damage: 2d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 + 2 = 17 adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Primary Attack 3:
attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 36
damage: 2d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8, 1) + 5 + 2 = 16 adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Secondary Attack:
attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 25
damage: 2d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8, 8) + 5 + 2 = 23 adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Tertiary Attack:
attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 18
damage: 2d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 + 2 = 14 adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Confirm Primary Attack 1:
attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 24
damage: 2d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1, 7) + 5 + 2 = 15 adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

Btw I didn't remove myself from combat. Just wanted to lessen the effectiveness of enemy missiles.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Tortuga makes a literally flying kick to the robot grasping Kai.

ALL SYSTEMS OFFLIN......!

The first two kicks are enough to break the machine into circuits, wires and metal. All of it smoking as it plummets to the ground and crashes to the stone floor.

Yep Naur, you are at the top of the next round, so you can post.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

Nuar catches his breath and whispers to himself. "Can't let my allies down. Back into the Frey."

Move to get a clear view of the remaining rovot and Roc.

"Let's see how you like it!"

Using a charge from his selective rod to avoid hitting Roc and himself Nuar lights up the room in a storm of electricity.

Empowered Electric Fireball CL 10: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 5, 3, 5, 3, 3, 6, 3) = 41
So 61 + 34 = 95 Electric damage DC 23 Reflex save for half.

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 26 24 TAC 17 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 24/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 3/6 L2: 3/5 L3: 3/4 L4: 1/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min, prot evil 10 min, m.image (7) 20 min

Pandora phases out to the other side of the wall through the ethereal plane once more.

Holding high her bow while singing songs of heroics, she starts shooting arrows strengthened by arcane and adamantine magic at the robot like there is no tomorrow.
1st BAB
Blink 20% attack misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 57
+1 shock ataptative composite longbow+PB+IC+PS-DA-RS+HR+haste+blink (cover): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 31
Adamantine/Piercing/Magical damage+PB+IC+AS+DA+shock (manyshot): 2d8 + 6 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 8) + 6 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + (2, 3) = 44 6 are electrical

Rapid shot
Blink 20% attack misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 16
+1 shock ataptative composite longbow+PB+IC+PS-DA-RS+HR+haste+blink (cover): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
Adamantine/Piercing/Magical damage+PB+IC+AS+DA+shock: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + (1) = 17 1 are electrical

2nd BAB
Blink 20% attack misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 1
+1 shock ataptative composite longbow+PB+IC+PS-DA-RS+HR+haste+blink (cover): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
Adamantine/Piercing/Magical damage+PB+IC+AS+DA+shock: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + (6) = 24 6 are electrical

Haste
Blink 20% attack misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 91
+1 shock ataptative composite longbow+PB+IC+PS-DA-RS+HR+haste+blink (cover): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
Adamantine/Piercing/Magical damage+PB+IC+AS+DA+shock: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + (1) = 22 1 are electrical

Critical?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 16
Critical extra damage x3: 2d8 + 6 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 6 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + (3, 2) = 47 6 are electrical

Ref+haste+HR vs Naur's fireball DC 23 (ring of evasion): 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 23
As the ball of electricity erupts from the hall in front, Pandora stops shooting arrows and jumps back protecting herself with the wall.

HP 76/86
AC 26 (misschance 50%, fortification 25%)
Buffs: Haste 3/8, inspire courage (+2), heroism, blink 3/10, heart of the metal (adamantine) 2/50

The Exchange

HP 71/71, AC 12, T12, F 12; F+7, R+10, W+12/18*, CMD 17; Init +6, Perc +0

Vinnie moves closer, then flings a couple more fiery rays at the remaining metal man!

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 13 for 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 1) + 2 = 17 fire damage!
Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 16 for 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 5) + 2 = 18 fire damage!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Vinnie steps up and fires a pair of fire rays at the large robot through the doorway. One hits the doorway with a sizzle but the other strikes true, burning away the last of the force field.

AI.THERMAL OVERLOAD. SHIELDS OFFLINE.

Pandora blinks through the wall and releases a hail of phase arrows.

The first hits solid, and blasts a huge hole in the creatures armor plating, exposing wires and gears.

The next two arrows pass right through it as if it was not there. The final arrow hits, almost piercing its exposed, central computer, but stopped short.

Naur moves into the next room and casts an electricity ball to blast into the room.

EVADE! EVA....<boom>!

reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 6

The blast takes the robot out of commission as it explodes into spare parts, dropping Roc and slumping.

*** End Combat ***


Forged Map | Rebels Map

After the explosion takes down the other robot, Tortuga and Kai look down on the first boss robot's hull.

Without the robot’s systems to draw on the component’s energy and regulate its functions, a glow from within begins sparking as it melts away the wiring that kept it anchored.

Even to the untrained eye, it is clear that this piece, an incomplete, semi spherical lattice of thin metal, is different from the rest of the myrmidon.

This rounded room is partially filled in by soil. A threefoot-diameter sphere on a tripod base—once a multidirectional viewing screen, much like a crystal ball—sits near the room’s original center. The device no longer works properly, and only occasional images of traumatic scenes flash across its surface as it tries to replay the final hours of the starship that crashed in Numeria.

Furthermore, one of the few ratfolk that you saw tracks and suspect tunneled into the area months ago likely died to robot's assault.
The robot unceremoniously stowed its body in the small chamber to the northeast.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Hey, I wonder if this be what we're lookin' fer, he states as he points out the unusual lattice of metal to the others.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist 10/Cleric of Abadar 1 l HP 54/110 l AC 38 l T 24 l FF 35 l CMB +16 l CMD 31 (35 vs Bull Rush & Trip) l Fort +13 l Ref +6 l Will +10 l Init: +2 l Prec +17 (+1 to determine surprise, +2 unusual stonework) l

Roc reaches in and plucks the unusual lattice of metal free of the former robot.

Roc rotates the metal piece around in his hands as he speaks. "Could be. Either way it darn sure doesn't seem to fit with the rest of this blasted thing."

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

"Could be. See if it's trapped. If not we take it for later study."

Nuar casts Detect Magic and includes the area with the ratman.

Liberty's Edge

Arathorn Male ? Magus/10 (Hexcrafter) Rogue (U) 1 (Pirate) | HP: TEMPS: 12 / 80/80 (DR/10 Adamantine (100) | AC:27[28] (17[18] Tch / 22 (24 vs surprise) Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 23 [25] | F: +13, R: +14[16], W: +13 | Init: +9 | Perc: +22, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 6/10 | Flight: 10/10 | Destined: 1/1 Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Active Conditions: Enhance(), Stone skin,

With a series of deep breaths, Kai winces at the large explosion to the south, immediately thinking of his companions, before hearing the Robot's warning flare and hearing it shutdown. "Phew, well Naur is back in the game!" he says to Tortuga as they stare at the melting Robot.

"Looks odd alright, if only we knew what the sky key pieces looked like eh?"

As Naur examines the main room and the Ratfolk, Kai chants in Elven and sweeps the robot and strange piece theu have acquired.

"Pandora my dear, are you well?"

spellcraft if needed, detect magic: 1d20 + 2 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 16 = 32

Assuming this will take at least a few minutes, I will use my infernal healing wand to regain hp

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

After detecting magic or the lack thereof Nuar holds out his wand of CLW.

"If someone could use this on me I would appreciate it."

After 4 charges the wand is spent. (Gain 22 health.) Nuar makes a note to stay away from trouble until he picks up a new wand.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The place seems quiet, so healing up seems wise for the group while others poke around all the technology and piles of debris.

Will post more tonight

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist 10/Cleric of Abadar 1 l HP 54/110 l AC 38 l T 24 l FF 35 l CMB +16 l CMD 31 (35 vs Bull Rush & Trip) l Fort +13 l Ref +6 l Will +10 l Init: +2 l Prec +17 (+1 to determine surprise, +2 unusual stonework) l

Roc assists Nuar in using his wand of CLW.

Roc then uses his own wand to heal up before continuing this exploration.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 10 charges expended: 10d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 7, 7, 5, 5, 4, 6, 1, 6, 6) + 10 = 62

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 26 24 TAC 17 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 24/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 3/6 L2: 3/5 L3: 3/4 L4: 1/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min, prot evil 10 min, m.image (7) 20 min

As the last robot falls, Pandora moves swift checking Roc is ok, then peering through the walls to discover relieved that Tortuga and Kai have defeated the other robot and they are still alive.

She runs to the two warriors and looks alarmed at their injuries "Oh darling, those wounds look terrible" she casts cure moderate wounds touching the magus.
CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 5) + 10 = 22
CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 4) + 10 = 21
"That was terribly dangerous. But valiant" the woman smiles at both.

She also touches then Tortuga and casts a lighter healing spell.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The woman spends her last two best healing spells on Imbroglio.
CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 7) + 10 = 22
CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 1) + 10 = 19
And adds some smaller healing.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Healed 43 to Kai, 7 to Tortuga, and 58 to Imbroglio

The Exchange

HP 71/71, AC 12, T12, F 12; F+7, R+10, W+12/18*, CMD 17; Init +6, Perc +0

Vinnie nearly collapses as Pan heals him. "Bless you and your house, Pandora. I saw my life flashing before my eyes and got a little misty at how wonderful I am. But still, I think I can top it so I thank you for the opportunity!"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Roc picks up the lattice of technology while Naur detects magic.

The lattice appears to be the more technological kind rather than arcane. Likely what you sought from the dwarf.

However, Naur detects no magic on it, but rather picks up on a couple auras from the dead ratman.

Cloak DC18 Spellcraft:

Cloak of Displacement

Wand DC18 Spellcraft:

Wand of Invisibility Sphere

Scroll DC24 Spellcraft:

Scroll of Dim Door

Over to the east, Tortuga finds a small fortune in skymetal and other rare materials, possibly worth 10,000 gp.

You also find a timeworn gun of some of the strange technology.

Assuming you take all of it back out...you can ID it or sell it. Feel free to exchange comments as you head back up and outside. I do not want to rush anyone, but wanted to give those heading to cons a chance to wrap up.

****

Heading back to your ship, you are able to recover what you suspect is Toggrim’s Sky Key component and smuggle it out of Numeria.

Back at your port of origin, Venture-Captain Smine welcomes you.

Ah, how was your return trip? I am excited to examine any pieces of the Sky Key you found. Congratulations on a job well done!

He shakes each of your hands with a broad smile.

You know, by recovering another piece of the Sky Key, the Society is one step closer to reassembling the lost Numerian relic and unlocking the secrets it holds.

Silver Crusade

Elf Wizard (Evoker/Admixture) 10/Sorcerer (Crossblooded/Orc/Brass) 1 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | HP: (86)74/(90)78 | CMD 15 | Fort +11 | Ref +12 | Will +13 | Init +14 | Perception +23

"Murdered by devil bugs, Blown up by rovots; Being a Pathfinder is proving to be more dangerous then I had anticipated. I need to look into some sageguards. Starting with acquiring another Cure wand. I'm glad we succeeded with minimal loss of life. Those 2 dead in town could have been 2 dozen if things had gone poorly."

Nuar easily identifies the items.

"May I never see another rovot again."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist 10/Cleric of Abadar 1 l HP 54/110 l AC 38 l T 24 l FF 35 l CMB +16 l CMD 31 (35 vs Bull Rush & Trip) l Fort +13 l Ref +6 l Will +10 l Init: +2 l Prec +17 (+1 to determine surprise, +2 unusual stonework) l

Roc gives the robot a swift kick before carefully packaging the piece of the Sky Key for transporting it back to Venture-Caption Smine.

"That was a bit more of an explosive mission than I expected. I kinda wish we would have got some warning about the fiery fireworks before the show started." Roc grumbles a bit in a low voice before resuming. "At least we didn't lose anyone on this mission. Thanks everyone for helping us all get back on our own two feet."

Liberty's Edge

Arathorn Male ? Magus/10 (Hexcrafter) Rogue (U) 1 (Pirate) | HP: TEMPS: 12 / 80/80 (DR/10 Adamantine (100) | AC:27[28] (17[18] Tch / 22 (24 vs surprise) Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 23 [25] | F: +13, R: +14[16], W: +13 | Init: +9 | Perc: +22, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 6/10 | Flight: 10/10 | Destined: 1/1 Re-roll (+2) 1/1 | Active Conditions: Enhance(), Stone skin,

Collecting everything of value in the ruined Sky ship, Kai gives another bow to Pandora as she soothes his burns from the robot's lash and missiles alike. Taking her hand he plants a soft kiss upon it.

"My thanks to you sweet one, those Robot's have a taste for me and it would not be the first time I had almost perished at their hands."

Making their way back to their transport, Kai seems relieved at the lack of Technic league ambush, glad they got the book out of there before they could nab it. Throughout the journey back, the Magus spends more time with Pandora as well as exploring Tortuga's own ship and comparing it with his own

Back at Smine's workshop and in the guise of the dour Kellid warrior he nods to the Venture-Captain, his hand offered to the Bard should she wish it.

"Another successful mission into Numeria and we have what you seek. The league troubled us in town and regrettably their slaves were killed by lack of care." he reports. "The site itself held many guardians and working cameras still and oddly it seemed to have signs of Ratmen investigating the place."

Thanks alot guys! Had a brill time ^^

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 26 24 TAC 17 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 24/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 3/6 L2: 3/5 L3: 3/4 L4: 1/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min, prot evil 10 min, m.image (7) 20 min

Pandora let's her hand soft while Kai takes care of it, she smiles while commenting "Perhaps they should be more worried you start up a disassembly company"

On the way back Pandora enjoys Kai's company, paying special interest on where and how he grew up. Knowledgeable of elven tempos, she will refrain herself of kissing the powerful magus during sun dusk, but she let's her hand embrace his with comfort.

With the Venture Captain she nods while the team presents the report, just adding "We are looking back at what can the Society unveil with the Skey Key pieces, and I place myself under your orders to attempt recover more of them"

High level play, and not only because of the high numbers :)
Thanks everyone for the great game!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Venture-Captain Smine will thank you each again before dismissing your group.

Thank you all for a job well done.
Now go and get some rest, you have earned it.

*** Will close out thread tomorrow unless any objections ***

351 to 392 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aarvid PFS #6-20: Returned to Sky (High) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.