Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,751 to 2,800 of 2,814 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Don't mind this any." Izami said as her blade briefly glowed a little brighter. "I'll let you know if I find something."

Using and maintaining Detect Thoughts, to generally search for other living things.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Izami finds that the cone does not go nearly as far as she might have expected - the bulkheads meant it would only go through one room before there was too much metal and the spell was blocked. It would stop her scanning the ship, but might provide a little early warning.

Climbing down the ladder into the control room. The room was dusty, and much of the equipment had been damaged in a fight. Still, several of them still had power, although the displays were in Russian. Doors led off fore and aft.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai twitched her nose as she inspected the broken equipment. The Cyrillic letters interested for a few moments even though most likely meant things far different from what she read.

She moved to the aft door, and checked for signs it had been tampered with before attempting to open it...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

"We really should have gotten a list of what they want us to bring back before we took this job," Jennifer grouses as she looks around for anything interesting. "If this were a solo job and I didn't know what I was looking for, I'd just bring back the first tech I didn't understand and tear them a new one if they didn't pay. But with Valda as a proxy, that's not an option."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai finds that the aft door isn't closed fully and the latch isn't enganged. A corridor heads along the spine of the massive vessel. Artyom joins Nurai at the hatch. "Cargo bays are on the lower decks. Third hatch on port side should be ladder leading down."

Jennifer discovers a screen next to the helmsman's post seems to be paused in the middle of a game of Pacman.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Sorry for disappearing, I was on holidays and had very little internet time.

Morgan hitches a ride on the descending humanoids and landed in the dust, glad to finally be exploring again. "The cargo bays will likely hold the most answers." he addresses the others, looking at the monitors quizzically. "I'll go and take a look, meow loudly if you need my help."
That said, he cautiously ventures towards the aft, keeping to the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (16) + 26 = 42
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Looking around with Darkvision.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Twas the Season.

Morgan walked down the corridor. And walked. And walked. After 30 seconds or so it occured to him that this wasn't quite right. The hatch just didn't seem to be getting closer

To the rest watching Morgan walks directly past the third hatch and towards the far end of the corridor.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Humming the tune to Tetris under her breath, Jennifer watches the cat walk past the cargo hold doors. Looking at the others, she makes a "What's going on?" expression.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Try throwing me at the door." Izami suggested. "We'll see if objects can get close to it?"


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"Looks like it's going on endlessly. Fascinating. I wonder if..."
For an illusionist it's rather easy to see through other figments, if that is what is happening, and Morgan opens his third eye.

Truesight:
Once per day at 4th level, a fey adept may grant himself the ability to see all things as they truly are to a range of 120 feet for 1 round per level. The fey adept sees through magical darkness, notices secret doors hidden by magic, sees the exact locations of creatures or objects under blur or displacement effects, sees invisible creatures or objects normally, succeeds at all saving throws against illusions and sees through them naturally, and sees the true form of polymorphed, changed, or transmuted things. The fey adept may use this ability an additional time per day for every 4 levels beyond 4th, to a maximum of 5 times at 20th level. This does not allow the target to see through mundane disguises, non-magical means of hiding things, fog, or other such effects.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Morgan's power allowed them to see through the problem here, although it wasn't exactly an illusion. Space and time were a warped mess in the corridor. His ability allowed him to navigate the shattered mess where time flowed the closest to space.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

Is it close enough I can blink to it?
Kaelic heard Izami's idea but he was afraid of striking Morgan with a hurled blade, so he kept his arms crossed and watched with consideration.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It's within range of Blinking to it. In theory.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic started to take a step, and suddenly he blinked out of existence as he attempted to teleport using his fey magic.
"Wish us luck." He accidentally thought at Izami.
He was spending too much time with this sword.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Kaelic journeyed. The Blink spell was usually instant, but this time it seemed to take much, much longer. A minute passed. Then ten. Then an hour. Time passed and then Kaelic popped out once more, now where he had wished to be.

Everyone else - including Izami - simply saw the usual leap from the Blink spell.

Morgan:
You saw the same thing, but also Kaelic hitting a thin line of twisted time and space at ankle height and taking hours to get there. The contradicting images give you a headache.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Hm. That was easy." the sword said, sounding like it was considering poking something. ...It was a sword. That was probably to be expected.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic slowly rolled his head around for a moment, trying to figure out what just happened.
"Uh... What did we find?" He seemed disoriented, but Izami speaking helped him focus on something at least.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The door was part open, and led down a simple ladder to the lower decks.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"Time is out of joint in this place. Space too. There is the physics embodiment of a hiccups around here, and it makes my eyes water if I look at it too long. Now come, get down the ladder with your opposable thumbs."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

"You want us to just wait here?" Jennifer asks, hooking a thumb at Nurai where they're standing at the end of the hallway.

"How do you get down there?" she asks Artyom.

Not trying to be confrontational, but I'm not sure how to get Jennifer down there unless the effect is cancelled. The closest she can come is running fast and hoping that helps.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Morgan could direct people around the glitches. So long as everyone is relatively flexible, they shouldn't get trapped in time forever. Probably.

Artyom looked at the hallway in mild confusion. "There are other ladders to the fore. This was not a problem the last time I boarded."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

The "probably" is what sells it. Okay, assuming Nurai is also going and Morgan is up for being Google Maps, we can all head down.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Sounds good, I was similarly concerned about how to get around that.

Nurai nodded to the confused Russian as she considered the weird area, "There are many odd stories about this dimension, warped space seems to be another issue here..."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It took a little skill. It was possible that there were a couple of extra wrinkles on some people. Time and skin did not get along. Soon the little room with the ladder and the safeish area outside were full of tightly pressed mortals.

Koylat looked at the ladder. "Down, yes? Up would be the workshops from here."


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan dismissed the illusionary overlay marking the best path as a dashed, bright red line. His brain was already coming down with a headache due to navigating the time out of joint.
"However you say. I need a nap."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Make a little gash in the metal as we go." Izami suggested to Kaelic. "If the line gets broken somewhere, we know space is getting weird there." After a moment, "Wait, that's weirdly like the minotaur's labyrinth..."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic still looked a bit confused but nodded at the instruction to go down. "We'll just go out a different way." He answered hopefully to Izami.
Lowering himself down the ladder, he let his fey eyes adjust to the glow provided by enchantment he'd placed on Izami.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai nodded as she moved to head down cautiously, "Sounds a plan."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The next deck seemed normal enough. Too normal. It lacked the dust the upper one had contained, but perhaps that was due to it's airtight nature. The lights were still on, blinking away in a red alert. The aft and fore hatches are sealed, still. The one in the bulkhead across is open.

Artyom points to the open hatch. "Cargo Bar 1."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

I'm not sure how much time has passed since the ghost wolf spell, especially with the travel time and weird hall before, so I'm not sure the time left. I think the limit is 5 hours. At this time, I'm kinda imagining them floating, following Nurai, and looking around, but if it's past that time, that's fine as well. Also, Cargo Bar 1 gave me some amusing ideas...mainly Mass Effect inspired.

While the lack of dust was nice, the lack of it or signs of whether anyone had been through was also eerie in the odd red blinking glow.

Nurai nodded at Artyom. Cautiously, she went to the open hatch and looked inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The area had been searched. Thoroughly. It looked like something large and impatient had tossed the boxes around like they were made of cardboard and not pinewood. Most of them had shattered, revealing basic supplies and shredded food rations.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Well, do you see anything missing? This may not even be the right hold."
Kaelic noted as he began to worry a bit about what they were even doing here. Ostensibly this was to return the ship and its crew to their former reality, but he began to wonder if they weren't grasping at straws a bit.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Artyom looked into the damaged area. "Hard to say. Been a few years, and was not junked last time." He began to hunt through the area to see if there was anything there.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai took a moment to direct her ghost wolf to look for anything unusual before she helped move aside the debris and pull anything intact out of what was left behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Does not look like there is anything here," Artyom reported after a few moments of rummaging, and the pub found a ration pack. "Do you wish to try forward or rear cargo bay next?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

"Whichever one you think might have what we're looking for."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

"I say we try the rear cargo bay. That's where I'd put something mysterious." Kaelic didn't have much else to offer, but tried to stay positive nonetheless.
"This might sound crazy, but I'm going to try looking for signs of life."
He assumed a meditative posture and his magical aura flashed to life, rushing winds whipping up around him.
Going to try to Divine Life as a 10min ritual, just because it's all I can offer that's not already being done.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The spell was able to penetrate a little, but the walls and bulkheads of the sub was made of metal. Kaelic was able to get enough or a sense that there was something alive, and somewhere relatively nearby, but nothing else. The metal was simply too much for the magic.

While the ritual was happening, Artyom moved to the rear door and began to open it. "It seems to jammed," he reported as he worked on it.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Jennifer walks over to the door, places one foot on the frame while grabbing the handle with both hands, and yanks as hard as she can.

Strength check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 <--Bleah.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The door clunked! angrily, but Jennifer wasn't able to move it. It was a door in a nuclear sub, however - it was pretty hefty.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Strength Assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Nurai attempted to help Jennifer get the stuck door open, though the fatigue of the long day seemed to be getting to her and her shadows...


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Ahem." the sword capable of cutting through all but the hardest metals like butter said. "Just use me. I may be terrible at using magic on things with no blood to speak of grumble grumble, but THIS I know my relic can do."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic was somewhat surprised to feel life, somewhere. He wondered if it was perhaps his companions, or the mysterious forces they seemed to control. It felt like something else, like someone else, but...

The discussion disrupted his concentration. He stood and nodded, brandishing Iron-Cutter in an effort to remove the door from it's comfortable frame.
"Don't let me down on this one Izami."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The door falls before Izami's might, and Artyom looks both disturbed and impressed. "Powerful. But please avoid doing so on walls. Some of them have important machinery that does not cut well."

Beyond the now neatly carved door is...cobwebs. A lot of them. The corridor and the two open doors further down as barely visible under the mass of sticky threads.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

"And some of the walls are needed to keep the water out," Jennifer discloses as she steps through the door.

"Ooh, spiders! Maybe faerie spiders!"

Unless Artyom knows where to go, she tries the first door along the corridor after first pausing to listen.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Jennifer could see, through one of the open doors, two large cocoons of silk. One is big enough to hold a human-sized creature, the other was significantly larger.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic took a minute to check on the others and cast minor enchantments where injuries yet persisted. Then he summoned floating orbs of light and guided them through the webs.
Since everyone looks close to max HP I'll just use Invigorate to grant 6 temp HP (lasts 1 hr, can't exceed max HP). Also I don't know what our timeline looks like right now, but my buffs last half a day or so. I think I recast them recently but let me know if I need to cast again.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It was a simple enough task to move through the webs at first, and up to the two doors. Artyom pointed to the left one - away from the cocoons - with a nervous glance at the other door. The pather futher back is utterly clogged with webbing, which would need to be destroyed if there was any hope of going that way.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai followed towards the left door, trying to avoid touching - or thinking too much about - the webs and those cocoons. The poor whoever were inside... they would need to be dealt with, but with no sign of life, it was risky to make it a priority over keeping an eye out for whatever faerie-spider-thing caused it or the item that was hopefully here and could help get everyone and all this stuff home without any further interdimensional incidents...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

A voice hissed from the darkness, "Have you come to let us out? Come to free me?" Artyom looks deeply confused at the voice.

2,751 to 2,800 of 2,814 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.