Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,601 to 2,650 of 2,810 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai had a look over the concerning security for a moment while the ghost wolf nudged their head at the door. Nurai shrugged and then slowly opened the door, looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The Crew:
"I mean, I'm in a sword." Izami noted. "I feel like I should sort of just go with whatever who's holding me wants to do." There was a definite edge of smugness in her tone, though. "I'll be happy to keep messing with them, though."


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan moves between Nurai's feet and peeks at the door, curious.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
"Oh yes." Kaelic said with some realization. "This is my sword. Not really mine, but for the moment." He paused to consider for a moment. "Your day will probably get weirder before it gets back to normal."

Following introductions, Kaelic moves to position the fallen door where it can block the lower portion of the doorway, hoping to slow any advancement into the room at least by a moment.
"I guess we get settled in."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The lab beyond the door is huge - it must be taking up most of this deck. The central area is dominated by a huge mechanical structure of some kind, with a variety of massive power conduits running from it. It appears to go up to the next area.

Several other areas and workstations are dotted around. Some of them seem to be purely theoretical, while others are more practical, with odd machines and contraptions laying in various stages of completion.

A half dozen people are rushing around the area, apparently too busy to notice the new arrivals.

The Crew:
The crew stared at the sword for a moment. "Is that, whatchmacallit, Exabile?"

The leader smacked the soldier around the ear. "Excalibre. And it didn't talk. And it was a straight sword, not a Japanese one." Shaking there head, they added, "Wish talking swords was as weird as this place got."

Looking over, one of the team added, "Since we got a moment, where did you two come from?"


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai was surprised to see so many people and quickly motioned for the ghost wolf to move back and prepare to look for possibilities elsewhere - the last thing that was needed was bringing more fear and panic into people who probably had enough of it and might be helping to get this thing sorted.

Fishing out her driver's license as the closest ID to hand, something familiar enough that might show commonality, Nurai went to nearest women and said, "We've been sent to help get you all back if possible," figuring anyone involved in the military would fill in 'and deal with the tech so it doesn't fall into others' hands either way' themselves so the discussion could just straight to trying to make the former more possible.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The woman - a dark-skinned woman with her hair tied back and a bindi on her forehead - nearly dropped the pile of paperwork she was hauling when Nurai approached. "Wait, who are- wait, get back!?" She stared at the driver's licence, and obvious artefact from her own world, and tears appeared in the corners of her eyes. "Oh god, you're here to rescue us? We're going home!" The noise drew the attention of the other people working in the room, who began to move towards the woman and Nurai.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai took a step back as she put her license back and looked at the other people around the room. She hadn't expected so many survivors, if any at all - particularly after what they had seen on the last ship. She tried to think quickly, "That's my hope, the British government's hope is for that and all of this coming back as well so we need to find out what has happened so far to this ship and the experimental tech. With the way you've been brought here and the attack going on and the variables the tech brings to it, we're still working out how well that best hope Plan A will work.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan silently climbed on the table. He did not need these mostly mundane folk to be spooked at the sight of a talking cat. Instead, he looked at the machinery, trying to discern if arcane elements were being harnessed into some kind of magitech.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Jennifer keeps watch at the door in case the other machine suit starts to move or for any other threats that are farther out.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
Kaelic fidgeted for a moment, then answered. "Well, I'm from your world. Mostly. As you can see, I'm not one of you exactly. I walk the hidden paths, looking for wayward travelers before they get into too much trouble. But besides a little bit of magic, you and I aren't so different." He paused to look around at the ship. "Not anymore. Now that you've seen the Twilight."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The crew seemed reasured. "Alright, what's the plan to get us back?" one asked Nurai. Another called out, "Are we going to need to scuttle the ship?"

Surprisingly, almost none of the items here seemed to be magical. It was hard to know for sure, as many of them were not easy to observe. The only thing that seemed to be magical at all was a small tank tied to the large apparatus in the centre. Some kind ward had been placed upon it.

Jennifer notices, after a moment, that the fallen suit of armour in the first room is now missing from view. She was quite certain that it should be visable through the doorway.

The Crew:
"That's this place, right?" The leader paused for a moment. "We sent out people to check out the area, at the start. Some of them came back. Said there were weird...echoes of our world. But it's all wrong."

Considering for a moment, they added, "So how do we get back to our world?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Below Decks:

"S**+."

Jennifer goes back out to search all corners of the room and poke her head out the door they came in to see if she can see or hear it.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The Crew:
"Same way you got here is usually best. Or find someone who can banish you from somewhere you don't belong. Kind of a rare talent, but useful nonetheless." the sword suggested.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks - Jennifer's Special Adventure:
The armour was missing. Oddly, the two fallen ones that Cheshire had moved had been replaced in there chair. One of the additional suits of armour was missing several sections and pieces.

[spoiler=The Crew]One of the crew blinks. "Wait, we can be banished? Like a ghost? That's so weird."

Their commander added, "It would help if we knew how we got here in the first place. The crazy Russian said it was magic, but we never really managed to find out."
[/special]


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Jennifer comes barging back into the room, talking over anyone who is already talking.

"Hey! What's the deal with these machine suits in the chairs out here?"


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
"I'm sorry, you had a crazy magical Russian? What happened to them?" Kaelic looked suddenly curious.
"There are a couple of things we can try... It would take a more powerful fey than I to open a door, but I have crossed through a few such doors in my time. We might be able to find one." Even as he said it, Kaelic's confidence wavered; he knew they only had enough return scrolls to get the few of them back, not a whole ship's crew.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai took a slow breath as the questions started coming in, trying to find a way to be honest but not too vague about the whole mostly flying by the seat of their pants and magicness...

At Jennifer's question, Nurai looked over with confusion and concern that more had been going on as that thing before had not been pleasant, before returning to blurt out an answer, "Scuttling is a last resort, best resort is reversing what brought you all here, but there is the attack, tech checks, and a few other things that need to be dealt with first...now..." before stepping back towards the hall and calling out in Kazakh to ask the ghost wolf if they had seen anything and attempting to subtly cast Detect Magic...

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The engineers seem releaved that scuttling the ship is not the plan - but significantly more alarmed at Jennifer's words. "The armour? But no one was supposed to go in there!"

"Didn't you lock the door?"

"No! That one can't be locked! We put a note on it to make sure people remembered not to open it!"

"Well, s**t, maybe we should have just welded it."

"But the power runs through there, and some of the breakers."

"Damnit."

The woman who first addressed Nurai gestured. "It's fine. We'll get the door closed, and it'll stay put again. So long as it doesn't escape we should be fine." Looking at Nurai and Jennifer, she explained. "We had an idiot at the start of the journey, Dr Ian Maxwell. When we ended up here we ran into some kind of undead, a Grave Knight we were told. Maxwell through he could both make it stronger and control it with the powered armours we were developing. It didn't go well."

The Crew:
"The Russian? He's probably around. Somewhere. He was onboard that sub on the edge of the lake when it got dragged here. There were a couple of others with him, but...well, they've been here since the 80's. We had to tell them about the whole Germany thing."

Another crewman said, "Do you think he's magic? I don't think I've ever seen him use it."

"Do you think there's a door pretty close by? We have wounded I'm not sure could make a long journey."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Below Decks

"How are the armors linked to each other?" Jennifer asks, hoping she'll get an answer before one of these scientists questions how she knows that the armors are linked to each other.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan listens intently, wondering whether the technicians will know how to take the tech back to reality, hopefully even the whole ship.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The Crew:
"Anything that's not where it belongs can be banished." the sword noted in response to the crew's questions. "As for doors, I suppose that depends on who made it. Activations can be strange, but simple barriers are... easier." She could cut through a lot of things. Or just bypass them.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
"They aren't connected, at least not directly," the lady replied as she headed towards the area. "The suits are meant to work together - a virtual team V.I system. I don't think it was ever made to work. The corpses inside are the link. Said idiot decided to use the corpses of several of the Marines who'd died. He tried to turn them all into Grave Knights. Thankfully, he only managed it with one, because we'd have never handled-" She stopped as she reached the door. Leaving over towards the group, she whispered, "I can't help but notice the far door is still open, and the armoured killing machine is missing."

The Crew:
"Sounds l.ike you two might need to talk to someone else a little higher up," the leader of the little group said. "We could do with some extra supplies anyway. Can you head up to the bridge and see the Captain? We can hold this spot for now."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

"and Ri isn't responding..." Nurai said with concern as she continued trying to look around for concerning - or familiar - magic. " So yeah, a few things to deal with first. Those above are hopefully having a bit more luck than undead weird."

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

B.D.:
"Yeah, it wasn't very good at killing. I didn't know it would get back up, though."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The woman rubbed her eyes. "Let's hope it's as easy next time. The armour was built to adapt, and the Grave Knight was a Royal Marine. I don't think it will be so simple next time."

Nurai spots her spectral summon return. Apparently it had been following the escaped Grave Knight.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Below Deck:

Nurai sighed with relief, "Seems Ri will be able to show us where that Grave Knight went. This should make getting them contained again slightly easier so we can move on to other things."

Nurai had a few possibly chaotic thoughts on whether it was too risky for the people of this ship to convince the Grave Knight off, maybe even going after those attacking, but the Avatar felt it better and more diplomatic not to voice those to the dead marine's colleague who would be more likely to have thoughts about using those passed that way. Nurai was unsure whether Grave Knights, unlikely those went through The Dissolution, could be convinced to do anything anyway with her limited experience with that type of undead.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan got bored of enforced silence. If those people couldn't handle a talking feline after surviving the assault of a Grave Knight, it was their business. "I assume burning them to ashes could do the trick, perhaps? Or did you try it yourselves? Anyway, we should also think of a way of getting you out of the Twilight. Why don't you explain how you got stuck here?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The woman jumped as Morgan suddenly spoke up, and several of the enginers backed up. That might also have been from the large wolf, of course. Still, at least some seemed a little more comfortable with the idea that it could be tracked, even if they did not wish to be the ones tracking it.

"We don't know," she said after a moment. "We think that it's bound to the armour - so long as the armour survives it will either revive or replace whoever else tries to wear it. Destroying the armour might work, but we weren't sure how destroyed it would have to be, and the frame is made of some serious stuff." She paused for a moment. "Are you a...what was the term...a familiar? Or are you something else?"


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Below Decks:

"Good perception, I was a familiar, actually. Then things got wrong all at once. I assume that next time we meet the knight we should try to rip the armor into pieces. Unless we want to go back to Earth while doing so...?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Below Decks:
"Or we leave it here to teach the fey realm a lesson. Either way, we need to find the person in charge of the ship who can tell these people what to do because we didn't come here to herd cats."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
"Good thinking." Kaelic hefted a fallen warrior's spear and wondered if Izami would be offended. "We'll head that way. You just keep your insides inside."
With that he started to head out, then realized he didn't know where he was going. "Uh, is it just... ?" He pointed around awkwardly.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
"I...do not think leaving it here would be wise. Grave Knights aren't supposed to be makable on purpose, from our research. We still aren't sure how that maniac made this one. If it can make more of itself, and starts making more of them here...there are ways from this place to our world, obviously. I don't want to be the one responsible for an army of power armoured undead invading."

Looking at Morgan, she added, "I'd suggest pulling it apart, yes. The problem is the frame - it's a mix of titanium and a rare metal, apparently called adamantine, probably thanks to mythology. I have no idea where it comes from, all we got was some ignots to try stuff with. A bunch of it was used making the Mk 3 guns on deck durable and heat resitant, but we tried from in the frames." Rubbing her eyes, she added, "Thank goodness we never finished the playing we wanted to add."

The Crew:
The leader point to a door away from the direction of the attack, and gave Kaelic a salute. "Good luck. Tell them, lieutenant Shafer sent you, daily code 'Manhattan'. That should get you past the sentries without too much weirdness."

As Kaelic and Izami headed through the corridors, it didn't take long to find the way to the bridge - and the sentries mentioned. The shotguns they carried looked very well maintained of a larger bore than normal. "Halt! Who goes there!?"


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The Crew:
"....That wasn't a reference to the Manhattan Project, was it?" Izumi asked, a little culturally concerned as they made their way towards the bridge. She shut up as they got close, though - sudden talking swords could be worrying.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Below Decks:
Jennifer ignores the criticism of her brilliant idea. "Who's in charge and where do we find them?"


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
Kaelic put up his hands, and the sight of the shotguns pointed in his direction made him wish Izami would say something. "Hey, easy. Who I am is a little complicated, but lieutenant Shafer sent me to speak with the captain. I'm hoping we can find a way to get you boys home." His voice fell a little bit in spite of himself; he still wasn't sure how to get them all out of here.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Below Decks:
"I'd also like to know what powers the armour, hoping it's not magic. Batteries are not as indestructible as adamantine. In the meantime, it'd be nice if you could brainstorm a way to do what brought you here, but... in reverse? I don't know, figure it out."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The woman looked at Jennifer in mild confusion. "Well...it's a ship. So the captain. He would be on the bridge." She paused for a moment. "That would be at the top of the ship," she added helpfully.

"I'll have to check the power source. I'm pretty sure we didn'tfit the mini-fusion ones to the suits, so it'll probably just be the heavy duty batteries and kinetic rechargers."

The Crew:
The guns did not waver. But they didn't go off, either. That was probably a positive. "Passcode?"


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Below Deck:

Nurai shared a look with her ghost wolf before chuckling with a broad smile at the woman's calm responses, "We're here to stop an interdimensional incident - an already delicate diplomatic situation involving multiple treaties which is why the Brits couldn't send in their own military to do this. We're going to fix the mistake of ignoring the warnings on the Grave Knight that used to be contained by these apparently very clever cats, hopefully get the armour taken apart and deal with the power source, and get further information on what has been going on to get us all back safely without humans corrupting another dimension by doing something like weaponizing uncontrollable, infectious, unconsenting dead humans. Any who want to help with that would be appreciated. Jennifer, if you need the captain to discuss that with first, I know some humans like that, go ahead, but we avoided the family military traditions so we're just going to track them down now... " before giving her ghost wolf a signal and following them.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

Below:
"Hey, no. If these people will follow you instead of the captain, then I'm good."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
"Klaatu, berata, ..."
Kaelic looked down at the hilt of his sword but did not move his hands from the air. "What was it... Manhattan, right?" Looking back up he adds, "Not very British of you."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Below Decks:
The woman coughed delicately. "Alternatively, if there's a thing you would like some help with, you could try asking us. We don't actually have to ask the Captain for orders every pee break, despite what the Royal Navy might prefer." Someone snickered as the group followed you in search of the undead armour, following a ghost wolf. It was quite a nervous laugh because of that, more of a titter perhaps.

"If you ask nicely and tell us what you want, we could follow you."

The Crew:
The shotguns moved to a new direction. It was down, but it wasn't Kaelic's face either. "Lots of Brits on the Manhattan project," one of the guards observed after a moment. "Besides, if we just use British towns it'll get predicatable."

"Not if we use my home town," the other one said in a thick accent.

"Yeah, but you're from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch," the other man replied, "And that's not fair to anyone else. What can I do for you, Mister? We're kind of fighting a battle right now."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 41/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:18 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Below Deck:
Nurai chuckled with a glance over to the people they were with before talking while walking and watching out for signs from her ghost wolf or from any concerns, "I've heard stories of some captains... I'm glad to be working together, prefer it to leading or following. Call me Nurai and them up there Ринат or Ri for short. I know they can be intimidating, but really they're a curious fluffy cuddle ball most of the time. I appreciate any help any of you wish to give, and feel free to ask me for a hand - or their paws, they like to help too though they can struggle with English. Ri can only stay on this plane for a few hours at a time, but hopefully, we'll have this Grave Knight contained by then..."

Nurai did not introduce her eidolon due to, unlike Ri who tends to be curious about nearly everyone, those shadows didn't like almost any humans and were just bearing it for their summoner's sake.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The Crew:
Ah frick. Izami thought as the man mentioned that project. Japan had NOT enjoyed the results of that. Also, she really didn't want to get Kaelic shot. Heeeeey, introduce me!


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

The Crew:
"Well, I think it's become my job to get you home. But first I think we ought to take care of these attackers, right? I brought a few friends that might help. One is, uh, a spirit living in this sword, Kaelic mentioned nervously, patting the sheath, "And the rest went somewhere below. It'd be best if we could contact them so that they can help." He continued thoughtfully.
"But first, does anyone need healing here?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The guards looked down at the Izamiu before starting to answer, but then a clanking noise down another corridor made them stop. The guns swung that way in a moment. A quick glance revealed a massive armoured form walking down the corridor, and filling most of it. "Bauger!" one guard yelped. "What muppet let that thing out?"

~~~

Following the suit is not hard, although the route is convoluted. It seems to have stopped by a small armoury on the way, and accessed it by tearing off the door. The leading engineer, who introduced herself as Arani Patel, explained this wasn't a shock. The thing had likely decided it needed heavier weapons before tackling you all again.

Following the undead, you catch it as it approaches two guards, and Kaelic holding Izami.

Everyone is 30ft away from the machine at the moment. And back together. Yaaay.

Initative:

Jennifer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Kaelic: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Morgan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Nurai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Izami: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Guards: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Death Knight: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Kaelic, Death Knight, Guards, Everyone.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 12/13 | Speed: 20ft

"What is--oh nevermind." Kaelic blinks forward, suddenly standing toe-to-toe with the behemoth, swinging a pair of swords like a madman.
Teleporting in for dramatic flair.
Berserking for -2 AC but 7 temp HP

+1 Katana Main + brutal strike + heavy swing: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 3 - 2 = 27, Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 + (3) = 18 Battered and DC 16 Fort or Staggered 2 rounds
Mwk Wakizashi Off: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 3 - 2 = 17, Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + (1) = 6
+1 ongoing bleed damage on any hit, bypasses undead or construct immunities
Katana is adamantine, wakizashi is cold iron.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Death Knight responded immediately, pulling what might be the world's longest and largest machetes from it's arms, and a clunk! from it's shoulder revealed a heavy shotgun on a turret of some kind that aimed behind it. Kaleic's blow struck home heavily before one of the blades lashed out.

To Hit (Kaelic): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

At the same time, the gun began firing on those behind it.

1d3 ⇒ 2
To Hit (Touch) Morgan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

I'm flat-footed too, so that's a solid hit.

Morgan shrieks a meowing howl as the bullets manage to hit it. Rather than going on the offensive, he moves to cover and dreams again of multiple companion, slightly inequal relationships sharing one universe. And his dreams become figments, coalescing in images around his allies.

Mechanics:

Perform(sing) (DC 23): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Will (DC 13): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 My Charm of Fate activates for the day, so I don't fall asleep.
Wild Magic (10% chance): 1d100 ⇒ 93

Moving to whatever cover is available and going again for Mass Decoy: up to 8 allies (the PCs, Patel and the two guards) gain 4 decoys, giving a 50% miss chance. If that causes the attack to miss, one decoy is destroyed.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 45/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 11/18

I believe the guards go before the rest of us, Jon.

2,601 to 2,650 of 2,810 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.