Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


651 to 700 of 2,934 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"Is the bed big enough for you Valda? Might be able to squeeze in more or just a bigger one..." Nurai said with a warm chuckle, pulling her thoughts from elsewhere. Looking around the room, Nurai glance back to the door. Now that Valda had pointed that out, Nurai was curious how long after they opened a door did it close - that might suggest how it was being done. Maybe. The zoog looked around the large bedroom, scanning it for anything of interest.

Nurai Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Zoog Perception with scent and spell sight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina, meanwhile, was busy examining the upstairs library... which she figured was more likely, at least, to have something interesting and relevant.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Bigger is usually better." She considered how that sounded for a moment...and added, "I stand by that statement." The door remained open. For now.

Jennifer hunted through the room, and eventually found a small safe had been installed under the bed. Given it was beneath a small box of summer clothes, and would require moving the massive thing to get to, it hardly seemed nessecery...

Regina:
Upon entering the library, you notice something has been scrawled on one of the windows. Ours now.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai warm chuckle turned into a full laugh at Valda's response. With a broad smile, she had dozens of replies come to mind, but the first to come out was, "I'm sure you do...though that's not really been my experience." while walking across the room to the small closed door. Nurai glanced back to the one they came through for a few moments still chuckling to herself, before checking out the other door and trying to open it slowly, ready to slam it shut if it wasn't to the summoner's liking.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora followed Regina inside the library, picking up volume and coursing through them, lazily looking for anything significant.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"I reject your claim of ownership until more information is provided." Regina told the writing on the windows tartly. Miyu had once told her that disputing a claim was usually something recognized by supernatural forces. They might dispute your disputation, true, but they'd still be acknowledging the subject existed... and that could be more helpful than some realized.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon heard Regina speaking to apparently no one and went to investigate. "Regina, what are you going on about?" Then he saw the writing and fell silent for a moment. "Hmmm. I suspect there is more than one faction in play here. Besides us, of course. The Order is locked in the basement with... something, we are trapped in here with... something else, and I think even this snow is yet another. I fear we've stepped into some extradimensional battle royale."

Solomon left and offered over his shoulder, "Let me know what you find." He entered the room with Valda and the others and inquired as to their findings. "What have we here? A safe?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Finished examining the safe, Jennifer stands up.

"Yep. I'll be impressed if you can pick that lock."

After any discussion concerning the safe occurs, Jennifer checks the small door on the east wall.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

It's under the bed right? Can we move the bed to get to it, or do I have to belly crawl under there?


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jon said it was "installed," so I assume we can't just pick it up. I could try to tear or kick it loose, but we don't know what's inside.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

The safe is installed or the bed is?
I wasn't talking about moving the safe.

-Posted with Wayfinder


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Oops, read to fast.

Jennifer tries to slide the bed out of the way to get to the safe.

Strength check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Ha ha ha ha!

I guess she falls asleep, instead.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Bedroom:
Jennifer grunts mightily but comes up short of shifting it more than a few inches. In her defense, it is a very heavy bed, sunk deep into the thick carpet.

The door to the east reveals a bathroom, complete with the latest of the roaring 20's indoor plumbing. A large toilet faced one wall, and a huge, bronze clawed bath dominated another.

The mold covering one corner, however, seemed somewhat out of place. The Zoog's light reveals flickers of magic, but even as you watch part of the mold is cleared away, while another section grows.

Library:
The writing vanishes as a wave of cold rolls over the window in what almost seemed like a sulk. At the same moment Regina senses...pleasure, and pride at her act. Something seems too approve.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

As the cold approached, a few flickers of fire shot out of Regina's fingertips - not enough to smash the glass or anything, but enough to remind the force that it was hardly the only thing commanding elemental power.

(That had been another piece of advice she'd gotten - "Don't take crap from the supernatural." If you let them make you afraid, they had power over you.)


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon smiled at the librarian's efforts. It was easy to forget what kind of monster she could become as she struggled against the bed like any urban bachelorette trying to move furniture in her apartment. He put a hand on her shoulder and said, "Here, allow me." He raised his other hand in accompaniment with a mental exertion as he squinted and fixed his gaze at the bed as though to see through it.
I can lift anything up to size medium, unless it's made of something exceptionally dense like gold or lead. I'm assuming the bed doesn't qualify as a large object but I'll leave that to your discretion, GM.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Huh. Chilly. I'd really like to find out about our sneaky cold friend. Well, if there's info in the books, it'll take forever and a day to search them all, let's see if we have an secret passage again."

Aurora passes through all the shelves, hitting on the back in case one sounds hollow.
Perception?: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"You have magicky moving mold in your ensuite, Valda...though on the positive side for you, also a large bath which will likely resist the mold's removal." Nurai said from where she stood near the bathroom door, glancing back to the bedroom door and then to Valda. "Odd when the dust had been so thoroughly cleaned..." Nurai considered outloud as the zoog eyes the bathroom...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Well, given a medium object is listed as the size of a Barrel, cage, desk or full plate armor, it's probably not enough on its own. But this isn't a combat situation, so it's not exactly vital.

Also, ladies and gentleman, for my sanity please remember to keep up to date where your characters are lurking.

Bedroom:
Between Solomon's telekenisis and Jennifer's power the bed was, slowly, moved to one side. It was big enough that it was likely constructed in the room, or at least assembled there.

The safe offered the same off gleam as the lower areas. "More adamatium? Damn, what did they want to keep safe?" Valda wondered outloud. Considering, she added, "Other than there own skins, I mean."

Moving to the bathroom, she frowned. "It kinda looks like it's growing, but being cleared away. Maybe whatever is keeping the house clean can only stalemate it?"

Library:
Apparently all the secret passages for this room were on the ground floor. Or else they were better hidden than Auoura was able to see and feel. No hollow thuds crept up, at least, and the bookcases were all against the walls.

If anything took note of Regina's display of power, it didn't display it.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Satisfied - at least for the moment - Regina turned and began to examine the books, starting with the one that had apparently been in the middle of repairs (or something of that nature, anyway). Check the obvious things first, yeah?


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Roger that on the location. Good call.
And as for medium object, you're probably right. I was thinking medium creature, but a barrel vs a barbarian in a breastplate with an earthbreaker is quite a disparity. I guess telekinesis works differently on people and objects. That's fine.

bedroom:
Solomon struggles to lift the bed is move it meaningfully. He shakes off a light headache and thinks for a moment. "Perhaps if we work together." he suggests, putting his hands to the bed frame. "Anyone else care to assist?"
aid another str: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

-Posted with Wayfinder


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Bed has already been moved.

Library:
The book appears to have been a tome on ancient legends to do with Winter, perhaps looking for the cause of the storm. Although it is being repaired, it is also being translated, a pile of notes next to the book in a dry, neat hand.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"Hey, Doc! I found something I think you'll want to see!" Regina called down the hall.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Leaving Regina to book perusing, Aurora moves to reach the others in the bedroom. "Neat, a safe! Does it match the key?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Does the safe have a combination lock or a key lock?


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Hadn't even considered using the key. I'm the worst about that stuff.
You know what they say, when all you have is a lockpick...

Solomon shouts back to Regina, "Just a moment! We've found something here too."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"Might be, that would make sense. Still...odd." Nurai focused on the magic mold curiously from the doorway, seeing if she could figure out any more about it.

Detect Magic


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The safe does indeed have a key hole, and the key from the fireplace fits. Opening the safe door reveals a surprisingly deep safe. Inside rests a large silver box that opens to reveal jewellry. Two wrapped bundles are also present, however, and reveal a short barreled Winchester Rifle and a rapier. Both blade and barrel are marked with a variety of off marks.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon floats the contents of the safe out and onto the floor. He ponders for a moment. "I'm no expert in magic, but I suspect some of this may have more to it than it appears. Could someone more mystically-inclined take a look? I'd very much like to try them out if the weapons are safe to use."

With that, Solomon heads to the library. Regina had supposedly found something of import and he couldn't think of a more qualified professional to investigate it than himself.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"Someone was busy repairing this book." Regina said as Doctor Solomon finally showed up, and she waved a bit to let him know where it was. "Looks like a tome of lore of some kind, all about winter. And..." she gestured to the storm outside. "Somehow, that doesn't strike me as something entirely unrelated."


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Library:
Solomon looks with intense interest, momentarily forgetting about the rapier in the previous room. He reaches up for his glasses out of habit, then remembers he's wearing contacts. His eyes probe the book as his mind races.
What can I roll for this?


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Oooh, shiny! But, um, jewelry in a hidden safe in a house stalked by arcane monstrosities? Wouldn't like to touch it."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennofer tries to identify the markings in the weapon with her spectacles.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Bedroom:
The runes down the items are basic enchantments. The Rapier will be enhanced with Fire, the gun with Lightning.

Library:
Considering the books, Knowledges based on the Arcane will likely work best when it comes to finding out how things work, although Dungeoneering may have something too.

Nurai:
As Nurai focused her magic on the moss, blood began to seep from the ceiling where the mold grew, pouring down the walls and slowly forming the words 'We will ride your souls from this place on wings of ice and hated.'


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai tilted her head at the display, her eyes behind her reflective sunglasses moving towards the ceiling.

"Valda...what is likely above this space?" the kayal woman asked, not taking her eyes off of where it was seeping through as she tried to think whether the roof or maybe an attic space or something else was above them before pulling her thoughts back to trying to figure out what kind of magic was involved. Continuing Detect Magic

Nurai resisted making any quips that some judged her kind to be without souls, simply pet the tiny zoog with her finger as the distracted creature looked around as she continued casting.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Library:
Solomon tries to make sense of the work's progress on the subject.
Kno arcana: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 10 + (4) = 23
Kno dungeoneering: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 10 + (3) = 22


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina watched as Doctor Solomon looked over the book, content to let the specialist do his job while she performed her own role... watching over the others and being ready to blast any threats that presented themselves.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Indicating the rifle, she shares what she can tell about the enchantment and asks Thomas if he wants to hang on to it. She then shares what she knows about the rapier's enchantments and asks around to see if anyone is a fencer.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Bedroom/Bathroom:
Valda glances over at Nurai as the Avatar comments, and moves over. "Attic space I think, although I believe someone mentioned the attics here had been turned into servants quarters. Why?" Glancing at the walls, Valda tilted her head. "Yeah, OK, that's a valid question."

Both the the fungus and blood read as magic, and now that Nurai had been focused in this direction for so long, something above appeared to be as well.

Library:
The book revealed that there are things, from places that the minds of mortal can't understand nor comprehend. They exist in a world with different laws, where the rules of our realm simply don't apply. Lovecraft touched on such horrors, it is said, but wherever he got his information from was not accurate on all counts.

What was clear, however, was the the creatures here were of this ilk. The Ordo was attempting to deal with them, but somehow they slipped through the potent wards of the house.

Still, while within, it turned out getting out was even harder. And so they called up something else, Winter Incarnate, to free them. But it was an elemental force, a creature of killing cold, and instead trapped them even further as it killed those that could break the seals.

Perception (DC 26):
The Temperature on this floor has taken a sudden, sharp downwards turn.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

If someone assists, that check will pass.

Jennifer looks up and around the room. Something...


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"So, pretty normal for spirits, I guess." Regina observed as the Doctor reported his readings. "I guess we want to try and banish this winter thing?"


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

I don't believe you can assist on perception checks. I could be mistaken.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (5) = 18

Library:
Solomon leans back and ponders for a bit. He was no stranger to other planes in particular, but the most he'd done was send a sort of psychic impression beyond his own plane; sometimes it garnered an answer. But something of this magnitude was ritual magic like unto that seen in the depths of Africa from where men typically did not return.

He taps his finger on the book and decides to close his eyes and concentrate. If something from another plane had slipped through, or indeed been summoned, he might just be able to find it through psychic vibrations...
I'll start the 10 minute ritual Divination Divine Force to find incorporeal creatures and creatures made of force.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18
Doctor Solomon wrote:
I don't believe you can assist on perception checks. I could be mistaken.

I can't find any rule about that.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"All of that is magic... Nurai commented quietly to Valda in a tone that suggested that that was likely obvious to both of them while gesturing to the fungi and the seeping bloody words, "Though I'm struggling to get much information about any of it, there is something else with magic above..." Nurai continued, pointing.

"When we go up there, we should probably keep that in mind...and we'll likely need a power washer for this room after we deal with upstairs" Nurai said in thought. She had little experience with servants in any capacity, but they weren't uncommon in stories and movies both as the targets of malevolence and the cause typically in retribution and uprising...

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

She leaned in slightly to double check the space as she reached to close the door. Likely best to keep it shut off to prevent it spreading if possible until they investigated what looked like the source...

Perception - double checking the bathroom: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Generally, you can Aid Another on any skill check where it makes sense to do so. People on the ground might not be able to tell you how to Fly, for example, but someone with a telescope or binoculars of some kind might be able to call out a good path for Climbing. The GM's the final arbiter of when it's possible, of course.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

[ooc][/ooc]
Aurora moved to the bathroom, following Valda. As tempting as the jewelry was, she had read too many books about cursed rings, necklaces and other goldworks. And she was neither one for firearms nor smallswords. She saw the bloody writing before Nurai had closed the door and raised an eyebrow.
"Ride our souls on wings of ice and hatred? Sounds like something Dragonforce would write. Jokes aside, I'm pretty lost on what happened here. Sounds like someone imprisoned some monster because they couldn't handle it, and something else altogether is stalking this place. Anyone got more details?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Sorry, Paizo ate this post yesterday and I just noticed.

Library (Solomon, Regina):
The room in the temperature dropped sharply as a creature opened the door, staggering through with a stiff movement. Cold green light flared where it's eyes should be, and it seemed to be a long dead corpse in form, dried skin stretched across thin bones.

It looks at both Regina and Solomon with what is umistakably hunger, and reached out one withered hand, cold and frost crawling over the wall and floor as it walked. A wave of cold roared out over both of you.

Wave of Cold (DC 17 Reflex to Half): 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) + 3 = 19

Solomon (Initiative): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Regina (Initiative): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Wright (Initiative): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Regina is up first.

Bedroom (Nurai, Jennifer, Aurora, Valda):
Valda considered. "Honestly...too many horrible, horrible creatures, not enough information to narrow them down. For all I know the damned ghost of a My Chemical Romance fan died showed up here."

Nodding at Nurai, she added, "Yeah, I get the feeling that upstairs is gonna be super fun."


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Library:
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

On the bad side, Regina wasn't very fast, given the suddenness of the attack. On the bright side, she did have the protection against cold she'd called up earlier, and given the ongoing threat of the storm outside (and their previous experience), she'd kept that going... and that was enough to at least blunt the worst of the cold.

Ablative Ether (Resist Cold 10).

A moment after the damage was done, her body was hard at work repairing the damage. Or... perhaps 'filling' was a better word, as the ether pouring through her blood spread out to fill in the injuries and start to repair the damage that had been done. It wasn't the fastest healing in the world, but it was one of the reasons Miyu had asked her to accept this assignment.

And the other reason, well...

"Wrong choice!" she said, pointing a hand at the creature. A moment later, a torrent of flaming ether erupted out of her fingertips - though, mindful of the building, she didn't allow the attack to spread as wide as it could have. Instead, she actually linked the flames to the ether itself, condensing its power into the raw stuff of her power as it moved to spread over the creature. That was one of the nice parts about her power - it was very flexible in its shape.

Lesser Blast with Extremes of Infinity (to let it deal Fire damage) and Raw Ether (Reflex DC 16 negates, else Entangled for 1 round). Total cost: 5 EP.
Lesser Blast (Ranged Touch Attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 for Fire Damage: 5d3 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2, 1) + 5 = 14

EP: 13/18 points. Ongoing effect: Alteration's Ablative Ether (Cold), providing Resist Cold 10.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Library:
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Can we hear Regina's attack from the bedroom?


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora's face turns a slightly reddish shade of pink at the mention of My Chemical Romance, suddenly interested in the wallpaper lining the bedroom. "And what about the blood mushroom? Where's our knowledgeable mycozoologist?"

651 to 700 of 2,934 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.