Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


551 to 600 of 2,938 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon walks a few paces away from the others, takes a moment to gather himself in his mind, and then unfolds the paper and attempts to read it.
Will save, if applicable: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 +1 vs charm/compulsion or +2 vs illusion; +7 vs mind-affecting


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Solomon:
With a stronger act of will allows Solomon to make more sense of the images, but they are incomplete, disordered.

The first scene if six people in 1920's garb approaching the house. Something watches them from the exterior as they go about their business.

A ritual in progress. A prayer of protection. Some dark and cold creeping towards the house. A tall, bald man in a well-tailored suit, watching the house with a smile. The people performing the ritual sense something, and become fearful.

A logo of a circle with a swallow in it, made of brass.

Solomon took a sudden, deep breath but didn't react nearly as violently as Aurora did. After a moment his breathing evens out again.

Valda watches closely. "Well?"


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon fidgeted for a moment, starting to reflexively straighten his jacket but, upon not finding it, smoothed his shirt and glanced about somewhat awkwardly. Once he'd firmly returned to reality, he explained,
"I'm all but certain the storm was, and presumably is, the work of the tall man. He came here to do harm to this society. I think it worked... at least after a fashion. I suspect the invisible figure may somehow be our own tall man. Except... He shouldn't have been able to enter. Something went wrong." Solomon scratched his scalp in confused pondering. "They were performing a ritual. I can't say if they completed it or what it was meant to do." He folded the paper up and restored it to the book, stooping to pick up the same. "I think we should look for a brass token bearing the image of a swallow. Or at least a likeness thereof."


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"So... tall man's a bad guy. Got it." Regina said. She wasn't Miyu - investigation was not her forte, though she was happy to help others look around. She was here as magical muscle for the group, laying down covering fire (maybe literally) to... discourage... the actions of any hostiles.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"The important point here is, was it an European swallow or an African swallow?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Depends on if it was carrying the answer to this damned house, or a coconut." Valda gestured. "Alright, we've explored half a floor and so we appear to be haunted and snowed in. Who wants to see what's in the kitchen?"


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"If there's a bunch of corpses on hooks in a meat locker, I'm burning them." Regina said as fair warning, moving in the kitchen's direction to peek in and take a look around.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon shot a sidelong glance at Regina, once again concerned the manor wouldn't survive the afternoon. He follows the others to the kitchen.
"Say Jennifer, didn't you leave your windows down?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"I hope not," Valda muttered. That car would be an iceberg by now.

A quick survey found the Kitchen. As expected by now the place was emaculate, although the windows were now frosted over from the cold outside. Heavy wooden counter tops formed an island in the middle with a sea of copper pans and utensils hung from hooks, with a bank of wood-fueled ovens on one wall creating a noticeable dent in the frost of the windows. The ovens roared with heat, glowing a cheerful cherry red towards the bottom.

Valda opened a cupboard. "I don't suppose food survived..."


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"Can someone wiggle their fingers and open the oven door from afar?" Regina inquired. Having the ovens already roaring was a little weird here... maybe there was some kind of elemental trapped inside? Either way, she'd rather not have something like that pop out behind them.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Uhm, I'm better with ice than fire, I'll allow you others the honor."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer mumbles something in exasperation that would offend her grandmother and strides over to the oven. Standing to one side of the door, she yanks it open and quickly steps back.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon looks on, his face a portrait of condescending incredulity. He tries to summon words, but can only think [i]"It's an oven."[/b] So he forces a smile.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Sadly, the oven fails to disgourge a magma elemental to the floor in a glowing heap. Simple wood burns within the oven, and a quick check finds both fuel and flint and steel nearby.

As for who lit the oven...

I've already used the Deadly Ovenmental in one game, Regina. I try not to repeat my freakish monstrosities. Often.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina raised an eyebrow at Solomon's expression and tried to resist the urge to comment about safety when performing scientific inquiries. Such comments would probably have been mean. "Anybody know how long this kind of wood usually burns for?" she asked. "Might help us pinpoint the last time someone came through here."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Arriving in the kitchen, Nurai looked around while the others checked the safety of the oddly burning oven. In the warm, the zoog started to settle and join their summoner in investigating the kitchen.

Nurai shrugged to Regina's question, "Probably depends on a lot of factors, but I can't imagine it burn enclosed like that without additional care for more than...4-5 hours at a stretch but likely less I would think." the city girl guessed from experience with more naturey family and friends.

Perception - Nurai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Perception - Zoog: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 + scent, + spell sight


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer closes the oven. She's not very interested in anything in the kitchen.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon looked around for anything unusual in the kitchen. Most notably, anything else seemingly supernatural or otherwise pertaining to the identity of those that once met here.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + (1) = 18


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The kitchen seemed normal enough, but the cold room was another oddity. Far older than freezers, it was simply a heavy room with a lot of insulation. Smoked meats hung from the ceiling, and cheese wheels sat on the shelves. Butter sat on one shelf, and several jugs marked 'cream' and 'milk'. No smell of rot emerged. For food that should be 80 years old, it seemed remarkably well kept.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"..." Regina raised a hand, clearly considering whether or not smoked meats qualified as sufficiently corpse-like.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai considered the cold room, it was a curious space. The zoog seemed to agree and quickly jumped from Nurai to a high shelf, the tiny creature scurrying about, the light from their glowy eyes brightening most of the space. Nurai sighed, calling after them in a tone that was a mix of exasperation and amusement...and maybe a bit nervous as she stood outside the cold room, aside to ensure not to get in the way of anyone else who wanted to look at it, trying to keep an eye on the light from the zoog.

Aklo:
"Please don't sicken yourself -- and I really hope that isn't the kind of meat you find a treat..."

Perception - Zoog: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 + scent, + spell sight
Perception - Nurai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"So." Aurora leaned on the table, arms crossed, looking thoughtful. "We have a hidden door that would only open for the initiated, a room hiding a snowstorm, and an invisible creature, intelligent and able to read, who apparently lives here. Can we try to communicate? Pen and paper? We can spread some flour on the table and they'll trace letters in it, otherwise."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Wherever the Zoog's glowing eyes fell in the cold room glowed with magical essence. Valda watched it. "Huh. Y'know, I bet it's using a stasis spell to stop the passing of time in there to keep the food fresh. Or maybe a spell that purifies any corruption and stops it from rotting? I dunno. Kinda mundane, but I bet it was pretty awesome for back in the day."

Nodding to Aurora, she glanced around. "Guess it'll depend on whether the stores outside survived too. I'm not sure 80 year old flour would work well, except to possibly give people strange visions and maybe get us accused of Witch Craft. Oh, Ergot, you so crazy."

"And unless you're cooking, no burning the smoked meats," she added. "It'll take forever to get the smell out."


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Sighing, Regina lowered her hand. "You're the boss." she said. It was true that she loved hurling fire out of her hands - and who wouldn't? - but she was here on a job, not to go wild. She could always channel flame some other time instead.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai listened to Valda, nodding slightly through most of it, while her eyes remained on the zoog and the shimmer it created. Pretty really, for such a notoriously vicious creature, Nurai was silently thankful the creature didn't seem to find the cooked meats interesting.

"We may be able to find a blank notebook or spare paper and pens in that office-study room or the library..." Nurai said in thought to Aurora's comment, "Or, if we can get in the same room as them I can conjure enough sparkles to both make the creature easy to see and to write in for a while..." she said, eyes still on the cold room, her mind wandered while trying to recall the last time she used that spell. Firing out glitter is such a great party trick... decoration, makeup, and festivitie fun all in one...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Finding it - or they - will be the awkward part." Valda sighed. "Invisible things are always so awkward."


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon started gathering articles from the room, snatching some dried meat with a judgmental glance at Regina. He moved back into the kitchen and started looking for the right utensils. "Yes, assuming our invisible friend wants to be seen, I'm sure he could have managed something by now. If he can pick up a pen, he can knock over a book." Solomon set down the ingredients on the island and pulled the book out of his satchel. He set it on end on the counter and waited a beat for dramatic effect. He waved his hand at the book and concluded, "Well I think that answers that. It's been my experience that invisible things," He paused to produce a knife and begin lining up the ingredients, "Do not wish to be found."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Mister Creature has learnt the first lesson of not being seen. Be invisible."
"Alrighty, come on, we have no ill intention, we just mean to talk! But if you keep hiding, I swear I'll come here every week to rehearse the noisiest songs I know!"


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"Pfft. It's not like being invisible is that hard." Regina said. The light rippled around her a moment later and she vanished, reappearing shortly afterwards about ten feet away from where she'd been. "Ta dah! It's magic." ...Also a generous helping of physics, but hey. Sufficiently advanced physics were pretty much magic anyway.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Invisible isn't hard, but staying Invisible all the time suggests something else." Valda shrugged.

Sadly, nothing appeared to happen with any invisible shenanigans. Either it wasn't there, or it wasn't responding. It was impossible to tell which.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai raised her eyebrows at the antics before calling softly to the zoog in Aklo. The tiny creature returned triumphant with mouth and hand full of some sort of what looked like pie filling. Nurai sighed, noting mentally to herself to clean that up herself or to allow the zoog to do so later.

"Invisible or incorporeal, it was kind hard to tell with that wind and snow and everything. My experience with the sometimes-incorporeal is as often as wishing not to be found is forgetting how hard it is to do so and getting frustrated when we don't...awkward either way. Nurai said with a chuckle, glancing from the creature resting on her shoulder to Valda, then the others. "Shall we check the other rooms for possible information, try to find writing supplies in the office-study or library, or wait for him to finish making his snack?" Nurai said with a warm smile, the zoog happily still munching away, looking around.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Is the map up to date? Are there doors we haven't explored?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The map itself is up to date bar the cold room, which is now added, and character locations might be slightly off. On this floor you have yet to explore the doors leading to the central section and the one to the west.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Center areas are usually important. I recommend going there.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Well, let's check the other rooms, at this point. Hopefully, we'll get more pieces of the puzzle, and perhaps figure out what is going on around here. I guess that a diary would be too much..."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded to Aurora's suggestion, "Good idea, we can try the writing plan if we come across anything we can use...some more pieces like a diary or something would be nice...it does feel like there are some parts to this we don't have yet." she said with a smile as Nurai began walking towards the door, opening it back up again and holding it, her gaze going to Valda while the zoog's bright glowy eyes looked into the hall as they chewed away on their found treat...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It turned out there was only really one room left on this floor. The door in the Western end was a stairwell, with a backdoor leading outside. Frost was creeping across the walls in a thin pattern.

The central area, however, was a massive dinding hall. Two huge oak tables ran two thids of its length, with a smaller table across the upper area. Silverware and plates gleamed on the tables, and a pure white cloth covered each. The only oddity was a vase on each, long dried and wither flowers within them.

Paintings lined the walls, and several photographs as well. A coat of arms hung above the fireplace, this one set and ready to light.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

"So the fire is fresh but the flowers aren't? Weird." Regina mused. She wandered towards the stairwell a moment later, then shrugged and walked up a few steps to try and get a better view.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer looks closely at the paintings, photographs, and the coat of arms.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai followed through to the large room, "That is odd...someone only setting all the fires, dusting and...setting the tables - it's like a video game where all the torches are lit in a dungeon..." Nurai replied to Regina in amusement while her and the zoog looked around, "These tables are massive, might just get my family all around it...though I don't think most of them would like the decor - or the cutlery..." she said with a grin.

Perception - Nurai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception - Zoog with scent and spell sight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Perhaps there's a hidden switch in the fireplace or something? Prof, how are you with botany?"
Aurora moved towards the fireplace, poking around and searching for secrets.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18
Jennifer Buscema wrote:
Jennifer looks closely at the paintings, photographs, and the coat of arms.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai and the Zoog failed the find anything too interesting. Unless you counted some even fancier cutlery and plates. Nothing seemed to be magical or powerful.

Aurora finds a loose stone partway up the flue. And an awful lot of soot. Pulling out the stone revealed a small wooden box, covered in soot. And also even more soot.

Jennifer studied the pictures, revealing a small group of people. As you progress along the hall the members grow old, and some vanish. New ones appear to take their place. It seems like a fairly good pictorial record of the group. The final group was three men and two women. One of the men wore heavy bandages, and one of the women a mask, but they seemed otherwise...normal.

The coat of arms depicts a swallow flying from a book. The motto says 'The Truth will Fly Free' and 'Ordo Hirundo' along the bottom.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina, traversing the stairs, finds nothing interesting. XD


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer reads the 'Ordo Hirundo' with her magic glasses to translate the phrase.

I'm assuming that it reads 'The Truth will Fly Free,' but just making sure.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Regina moved up to the second flood landing, discovering another door and a great view of the garden. Well, when the snow wasn't so thick that seeing half a meter from the house.

Jennifer translated it as 'The Order of the Swallow'.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Shrugging, Regina attempted to open the door and see what might have been in the room beyond. They couldn't just stand idly by forever, after all... and the sooner the house was thoroughly investigated, the better.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Gah! It will take forever to clean these clothes."
Aurora blowed on the box, trying to take some of the soot off. "Master Lockpicker, mind opening this?"


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon took the box from Aurora, eyeing the soot distastefully. "I have a working knowledge of some things botanical, why?" He looked for a desk on which to place and examine the box, then began to consider it.
Perception for traps, locks, opening mechanisms, etc: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 10 + (4) = 30
"It's all starting to become rather exciting, isn't it?" The doctor asked, getting a bit wrapped up in the thrill of unraveling mysteries of the past.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Posting may be slower than normal because I'm ill again (I know, right? you'd think my immune system would have either collapsed of turned me into Superman with better dress sense at this point) so...yay. Some more. I'll update maps tomorrow.

The box opens with minimal effort on the good Doctor's part, whose continued proficiency with lockpicks might cause alarm in those who don't know him, but with a very satisfying click.

Inside the box contained a long bronze key and a small envelope, sealed with wax.

Regina:
A long corridor, thick white carper underfoot, leads off to the north and south before corridor turns East, mirroring the floor below. A door to the north leads to what you would assume would be the Libraries' upper level, whereas the door directly facing you is more of a mystery. The grand hall below, while tall, did not have a second level.

551 to 600 of 2,938 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.