Ed's Dragon's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master fine_young_misanthrope


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,551 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

None of those hit Bissi. YAY!!!

Bissi takes a 5 ft step and continues to attack the wights.

If any are damaged, she'd concentrate on that one

bite (magical): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15 for damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 trip: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 for damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 for damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Solvi will also shoot the same wight. Point blank but does NOT have precise shot
bow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 14 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

wraith: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 step forward at Yasmin
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits twice!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 SWING HARD!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 maul the wights with the cat, miss with the bow
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Orell shoots twice and hits twice. Then Samuel follows up with an hard back swing that drops the wraith and makes it dissipate.

Solvi sends the cat in for the kill. The cat begins tearing the ghoul to bits, but doesn't drop it to the ground. Solvi tries to help the cat, but barely misses with the arrow.


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Sorry guys, a flu hit me hard

Yasmin lashes out with her rapier and short sword, staying on the defensive. She is not accustomed to this way of fighting and misses

Rapier Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7
Damage, incl 1d6 fire: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (6) = 13

Short Sword Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13
Damage, incl 1d6 cold: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (4) = 14

AC now 22

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Fire support fire for effect grid 34862500

ATTACK!

attack one: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

attack two: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

damage one: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 4) + 2 = 18

damage two: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5, 3, 2) + 2 = 16


Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

I think you need to update the map?

Liberty's Edge

wraith: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 step forward at Yasmin
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 swing and miss
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits twice!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 SWING HARD!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 roll when you can!
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 maul the wights with the cat, miss with the bow
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Yasmin steps forward and swings twice. She misses twice, but is eaven harder to hit now.

Post when you can Finn

The wights advance on the cat. The begin to reach out with necrotic claws.

attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
con save if any hit.

ROUND 3 FIGHT!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Orell shots twice and hits one of the wights. It's still there, but its not as strong.


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin lashes out with her rapier and short sword, staying on the defensive. The attack with her rapier misses, but the wight is sufficiently distracted that the short sword strikes true!

Rapier Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 = 8
Damage, incl 1d6 fire: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (3) = 12

Short Sword Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
Damage, incl 1d6 cold: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (6) = 13

Confirm Short Sword Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7
Nope

AC now 22


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Bissi come out of there!" shouts Shriek. He then steps forward and readies his sword against any wright or other enemy closing to his reach.
+2 longsword (2-handed)-PA+HR: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 21
Slashing/Magical damage+PA[/dice: 1d8 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 6 = 15

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell lines the wounded wight up and shoots that:

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 4) + 2 = 17
damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) + 2 = 10

Liberty's Edge

ROUND 3 FIGHT!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Yasmin becomes a dervish attacking over the head of the cat in the doorway.
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Swings hard over the breach!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Yasmin attacks twice, hits once. Its a solid hit, the creature is barely standing!

Samuel backs up yasmin and hits the wounded one over the threshold. The wight falls in a heap of bone and sinew.

one done

Got you Samuel for the next turn

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell again loads his hands working at blinding speed as the bolts come on and fly to the enemy.

attack one: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
attack two: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

damage one: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 4) + 2 = 15
damage two: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 4) + 2 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

Ok, I'll ask again.

Have I got the wrong map?

The map I see has FOUR wights on it.

But only one wight seems to be fighting us.

I am confused (which is why I'm not posting).

The map I'm using is

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10z6vHtdjQZEUdNrbAaBn79irhkeq2IPTiiu LDkME0FU/edit#slide=id.p

(And that is the one I go to when clicking the link at the top of this page).

If that is wrong, could somebody please post a link to the correct one,


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Solvi: I have the same map. I also don't quite understand how the map interacts with the posts, but decided I would trust the GM and post my intentions. The GM can then adjudicate what is happening

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn casts Evil Eye on the northern-most wraith.

Sorry for my lack of posts. Work has been wacky.

Liberty's Edge

ROUND 3 FIGHT!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Yasmin becomes a dervish attacking over the head of the cat in the doorway.
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Swings hard over the breach!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 EVIL EYE!
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 reach for the cat

The wights are the guys on the map with the cat. They might not be perfect wights, but they're going down quick. You're safe on this side. Now just keep the cat up! Roll your attacks when you can

Finn casts a spell at a wight. will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 The wights AC drops under the evil spell.

Wights attack the cat I'm rolling North to south attacks. The north one is low AC and at half HP. If that one drops ignore the first attack on the cat.
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
fort save if I hit you.

Round 4, fight!

Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Orell hits a wight dead center. It hurts but another bolt is destroyed against the far wall.

General update. Finn-you have two more actions before this turn. Post catchup if you can.
Solvi-sorry if the terms are not matching up. Post when you can for turn three and then post for turn four. there are three undead on the cat. He's tanking well.
Everone else is on the right turn.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek goes into total defense and then attempts to tumble through Bissi's space in order to engage with the wrights himself.
Acrobatics+without shield (tumble): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
Acrobatics+without shield (tumble): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Acrobatics+without shield (tumble): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25

Total defense AC: 28
Images: 4


Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

Bissi continues to not be hit!! Yay.

She'll attack the wounded wight

bite (magical): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19 for damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 trip: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24
claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 for damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 for damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Solvi will also shoot the same wight. Point blank but does NOT have precise shot
bow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 16 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin fumbles her two attacks in a rare display of ineffectiveness.

Rapier Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7
Damage, incl 1d6 fire: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (1) = 10

Short Sword Attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13
Damage, incl 1d6 cold: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (2) = 12

AC now 22

Liberty's Edge

ROUND 3 FIGHT!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Yasmin becomes a dervish attacking over the head of the cat in the doorway.
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Swings hard over the breach!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 EVIL EYE!
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 The cat in the hat strikes back!
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 reach for the cat

Solvi and the cat strike as hard as the two can. Under the pounding assault of the cats claws and arrows, another wight bites the dust and collapse as a pile on the floor.

Round 3 done!

Round 4, fight!

Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Yasmin has a bad day
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Tumbles in and swings
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Yasmin attempts to strike over the cat again, but she's not able to pull this one off. She ends up missing both attacks, but is safe behind the cat.

Samuel takes the fight to the enemies. He tumbles through the ankle high water. One wight misses him, but the other gets in a lucky claw...
attack, confirm, and damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4roll fort if I hit you!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Once more the fingers draw upon the crossbow, the mechanism humming with deadly purpose as it aims once more at foe.

attack one: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

attack two: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

damage one: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 1) + 2 = 11

damage two: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 3) + 2 = 12

Liberty's Edge

I'm waiting a bit for catch up for a few players, but I'm here! Take the time as you need it


Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

"Maybe the rest of you should consider letting Bissi stand alone. She is pretty near unhittable"

bite (magical): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33 for damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 trip: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 21
crit confirm (magical): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24 for damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 for damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 for damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bissi roars triumphantly

Solvi will also shoot the same wight. Point blank but does NOT have precise shot
bow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 18 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

And Solvi hits something too!!! There is much rejoicing :-)

Liberty's Edge

Round 4, fight!

Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Yasmin has a bad day
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Tumbles in and swings
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Double team!
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 remaining wight attacks!

Bissi set's up the hit by knocking down a wight and savaging the husk. Solvi knocks it out with a volley of arrows. One more wight down.

The remaining wight attacks the cat.

attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d20 + 4 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (4) + 1 = 15

ROUND 5, FIGHT!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Shoots twice, hits once
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Solvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Orell shoots into the hall. He hits the remaining wight once. It's barely up.

Liberty's Edge

Map updated


Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

I think that the attack on Solvi was misformed. I think that you rolled a 20 to hit, a 10 to confirm, and did 5 points of damage.

Is that correct?

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn moves beside Orell and hexes the remaining creature.

Evil Eye, -2 AC, DC 16 Will save
Fail? -2 AC for 7 rounds
Save? -2 AC for 1 round


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

The multiple Shrieks slash over the remaining wight with multiple swords! "Yay!"
+2 longsword (2-handed)-PA+HR: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 23
Slashing/Magical damage+PA: 1d8 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 6 = 21

Images: 4


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

I assume that kills it

"Well done Shriek! I don't like fighting in these cramped quarters, but we managed fine"

Liberty's Edge

That was wierd! Sorry about the weirdness there. Yes. youa re right Solvi. Cat got hurt for 5. Roll Con.

Samuel slashes at the wight. It crumples down into the water. You all stand in a dank, waterlogged room. Searching the room you don't find much in the smaller coffins, but in the larger coffin, you find a body clad in vestments.

I assume you turn on the Detect magic..

The vestments on the body...

detect magic dc 34:
mnemonic vestment

Its bony hands still clutch a rod
detect magic dc 32:
maximize metamagic rod

On the left hand is a platinum wedding band set with a ruby worth 1,250 gp, and on the right a ring

detect magic dc 24:
ring of force shield

The body wears a pair of slippers

detect magic dc 19:
slippers of spider climbing

what do you do next. Where do you want to go?


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
"Some slippers of spider climbing... grrr!" says Shriek after studying the items.

"Well, we should check moving the sarcophagi and take all with us. I think there is only one stair more to follow..." I think one of E6 or E7 are the only stairs remaining to check
Perception+HR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

well done everyone especially Bissi! and Orell pets the cat behind the ear. He then helps pick up all the items and says we can identify everything and split it up when we leave. and then he will head to the last stairs.


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

"Last stair it is! Wait until I have checked it for traps"

Taking 20 on perception for 30 vs traps

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You go back up the stairs, but find that the one room is covered with the copper floor. You will have to run across to be safe. You opened up the door to the other side and now descend down a level. Spiral stairs descend from the eastern side of this empty room. On the wall opposite the stairs, a large white slab of stone with a keyhole in it has been fitted into an archway, blocking passage entirely. You take the key you got from the gnome, and open the door. It slides open easily with the key. Inside this huge, elegant domed chamber houses a single marble sarcophagus at its western end. A mosaic of a black dragon decorates the floor. The ceiling is covered by a vibrant fresco of armored soldiers fighting a host of dragons, with a blonde woman of noble mien at the center, rallying the troops with her sword. In circular alcoves to the north and south stand life-sized statues of this woman, standing in a pose of triumph over the head of a defeated dragon.

It's safe with your crazy high perception

As you carefully enter the room, you hear a woman's voice come from all around you...And who might this be? A new generation of dragonslayers sent to gather my treasures?


Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

"We've been sent by the village to borrow items necessary to defeat the dragon that has arisen and threatens to kill the entire village.

So, yes, a new generation of dragonslayers. But NOT thieves. If they are your treasures, we ask permission to take them and use them to slay the foul beast."

On the off chance that diplomacy is an option
diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin was already looking for traps when the voice starts. She immediately snaps to attention and listens to the exchange between Solvi and the voice.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek prefers to stand behind but adds to Solvi's explanation "The town is very scared. The dragon made an impossible demand or he will kill everybody. Grrrroar!"
Diplomacy aid+HR: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

Liberty's Edge

As you carefully talk to the ghost you can't see, the ghost materializes. It's a women in full armor. She looks over the group and says, My time as the hero as passed. It's time for another group of heroes to arise. You are welcome to my arms and armor. Please use them in good faith.

She then disappears and you hear a grinding sound as ahead of your the lid to the stone coffin slides off.

Inside, you find the body of an old women. You carefully remove the items finding +3 breastplate of luck (as banded mail ofluck). Her +i keen composite longbow (+2 Str) lies at the body's left side. Her famed weapon Wyrmsmite (a +2 dragonbane traniformative longsword) lies atop the body under the crossed arms. The right hand holds 1o +1 dragonbane arrows, and the left just a single shaft-an arrow of dragon slaying.

The crypt is oddly quite as you leave. You have proven yourselves to the spirit and have given its blessing to continue its work.

Congrats! Level up! Shoot me an email throatpunchgames@hotmail.com with your information again as we've reached the end of another part of the adventure! Where do you want to go next? Back to the village to rest up or off to the church?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

back to the village so we can rest and divy up the new loot for a night then back to the church


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek roars at the sight of the treasure. He stands to pile the items into the group's bags "Greatly done everybody! Groar!" he nods to Orell "Yes, let's have a rest at town and decide how to put all this to use!"


Male Human and Leopard (Solvi AC 15, Bissi: AC 29) (Solvi 41/41 HP, Bissi 38/39 HP) Lvl 4 Hunter

"Going back to town sounds by far the best to me too"

Has anybody been keeping a loot list?"


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

"Yes, let's head back to town!"

See discussion for loot

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

"Fresh air sounds good to me..."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

perhaps we should check for any hidden areas before we go back?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

since the monsters are dead if we take 20 all over this place we shouldnt miss any secret rooms etc

Liberty's Edge

Looking over the place, you see that nothing is left to discover. You make your way back to town across the valley. Its been a few days, but people see the results of your hard work as you enter town bearing the weapons of the old champion.

Taking all the time in the world, you are able to properly identify the items. Once back in town, you can ID the different items you couldn't during your journey.

Liberty's Edge

After resting up, you head out across the land to the Monastery.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1EBLCFM0_J4FV0VrFkerlXMFjzWPQHZpw0AD MqVTAMHA/edit?usp=sharing

As you approach you see eight weather-worn statues in various martial poses that flank a tiled patio leading up to the monastery's gate. The weathered, iron gate is ajar. A guard house lies to the north, and three narrow arrow slits face ominously southward from its facade. As you look around you hear the bell ring out destroying the silence of the ruin. You have been noticed, but you don't know by whom.

What do you do next?


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

"Oh drat! There goes our cover!" Yasmin runs to the guard house, trying to stay clear of the arrow slits.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell will follow Yasmin running like mad.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek studies the statues carefully "To what gods this monastery has been consecrated? Grrroar!"
Bardic knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

When the bell rings he mumbles something, then starts running towards the entrance, taking a defensive position behind the last column and observing the interior of the monastery from there.
Perception (darkvision): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn follows after Orell and Yasmin.

I think I messed up the map when I was zooming in. Sorry!

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,551 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ed's Dragon Demand Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.