Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+9[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: [dice]d4[/dice]


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,741 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Spurred on by his allies' success, Koch charges forward with reckless abandon. His cutlass sings from his scabbard as he slashes at the remaining kech.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 11
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 24
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Despite the advantage, Ko can't connect with his blade. The kech's erratic motion in the grease makes him unpredictable.

The primitive kech tries to flee, despite the opening it leaves.

Round 3:
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go + AoO
Ko: Go + AoO
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 21 (Shaken through Round 2)


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art makes a stab at the fleeing kech

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 5 + 2 = 13

if this does not bring it down...

he drops Tooth, and strides forward calmly, closing some of the distance. The Captain coolly draws his pistol, and fires!

Attack vs. touch: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 <--oh, very fekkin dramatic!!
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

BOTTING AOO FOR KO (so I know whether that stupid 1 takes effect!)

cutlass: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 <--whomp WHOOOOMP
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Round the Third

Lucky moves about 30 feet (move), then uses the Theorem of Pythagorus (swift action) to realize the last Ketch is 80 feet away from him. He fires a crossbow bolt at the creature!

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky's math and aim are true. Shooting with his hand and not his eye he fells the last kech!

Out of combat! The party of pirates earns 3,200 XP. You also have enough ears to gain entry into the tribe!


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Quickly Quickly now get the bodies, and gather all the spent arrows. That pistol shot may bring more Ketch. Captain I'm going to need your and Lucky's help. Kiltem this is going to be displeasing to you, but I'm going to need you to rend these bodies with your claws. I want to clean the area of our presence and make it look like it was another creature. Also we need to cover our tracks so we don't lead them back to the village. We don't need to be the reason the Ketch seek retribution. I'm sad to say, but with this deception we will not be able to loot the bodies.

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Bluff assist: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Slappy Wundershart wrote:
Kiltem this is going to be displeasing to you, but I'm going to need you to rend these bodies with your claws. I want to clean the area of our presence and make it look like it was another creature.

Its a strange reptillian look the gnome gets from Dino-Kiltem. But after the party collects bolts and arrows, the deinonychus uses it’s fearsome talons and slashes up the bodies something fierce. Whether the druid found this task displeasing or not is difficult for the party to judge.

In truth Kiltem took this as an exercise to see what his deinonychus form can do to flesh. He treated it somewhat like a crude lab experiment. Not to mention the druid has come to respect the small gnome’s cunning. He doesnt even think to question it.

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Shortly after this Kiltem feels his time is up. He relaxes and his scaled, feathery form smoothly turns to his hairier, burlier human form. He pauses to give thanks to the Mother for such a wonderful gift as WildShape.
Now back in a form able to use a magic wand, the druid utilizes the party CLWs wand to heal himself.

CLWs 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party works quickly, taking ears and 4 longbows, and beats a hasty retreat into the island....

Wounds largely healed, back to the lizardfolk?


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

We should have broken the bows while Kiltem was in Dino form. That is unless we actually do want to keep them?

Also lets remember to hide / obscure our presence here. And hide our tracks. we should also use an anti surveillance route back to the village. Will that be survival?


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art nods in approval at Slappy's plan. Excellent, sir! Keep the locals off our new friends, what? yes, we'll take care of that...

Art messes up the bows appropriately. so we won't be getting those 4, i'm fine with that!


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem takes over doing what he can to hide the party’s tracks

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Yes Slappy, Survival. Kiltem takes tail and kicks the ground chaotically to obscure the party's tracks. It doesn't take long to get back to the Lizardfolk, with a stop for water and a snack being the only interruption.

Upon arriving back in the village, most of the lizardfolk turn out and follow you to Krentak's hut. The chief looks you up and down with a sniff. Her demeanor is clearly expectant.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

On the way, Art makes sure that each crew member has one set of ears. He then makes a rough string of the remaining ears (or, if someone else has better skills here, lets them do it) for a gift to the chief.

When they return, Art nods to the crew to present their trophies. In his own hands, he has "his" ears in his left, and the remaining string in his right.

He lifts his left hand. This is for me. Then he lifts the right. And this is for you.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:

On the way, Art makes sure that each crew member has one set of ears. He then makes a rough string of the remaining ears (or, if someone else has better skills here, lets them do it) for a gift to the chief.

When they return, Art nods to the crew to present their trophies. In his own hands, he has "his" ears in his left, and the remaining string in his right.

He lifts his left hand. This is for me. Then he lifts the right. And this is for you.

The party stands in silence as the Capitan gives a string of ears to the big bucho Lizardman. There is a long pause...

The druid uses some active perception to look around and take note of things going on around him in the village. His one thought to himself is wondering if the Lizard people are cold blooded like reptiles or if they are indeed warm blooded like the very reptilian dinosaurs on the island where he grew up.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

who/what are we waiting for?


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Our illustrious DM. He gets all the slack, at least from me, these days


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Silence falls as the lizardfolk watch. With an anticlimactic nod made honorary members of the tribe!

With the lizardfolk though, the ceremony is after. The rest of the day is one long feast and wild celebration featuring dancing, pounding drums, and copious amounts of potently alcoholic fermented coconut milk. After a few hours of festivities, Krentak takes you aside and presents each of you with a crudely carved wooden talisman—a holy symbol of Gozreh. She explains "Thessssse, these talismans at the ruined building safeguard the bearers from the guardian spirits there. Good luck brothers. You will always have a home here if you return."


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Lucky makes a suitable speech thanking the chief and complimenting the assembled lounge.

He stays sober and keeps his eyes peeled throughout the evening. Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Anyone who stands out to him gets a little extra scrutiny.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem tends not to drink too much on a normal day. Just his regular ration of grog. But on such an occasion, he gets pretty hammered.
First it starts as he really likes the taste of the fermented coconut milk. Then a few lizard people bring him more and more when they see his cup empty. The burly human feels honor bound to drink it.
By the end of the night the very drunk druid is dancing to the beat of the drums. He throws his head back and calls out like a beast himself. He also slurs along about something else. Something about Wildshape...lizard-style... hemipenes... . Luckily Ko hit him with a bucket of water and a well placed shovel hook. This convinced the druid he should go contemplate Gozreh and wonder if he was just another interpretation of The Mother.
This left Kilt somewhat dazed and huddled on the ground looking at the moon.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:
Lucky makes a suitable speech thanking the chief and complimenting the assembled lounge.

Lounge lizards???

We thank you, Krentak. You and your tribe are gracious & fair. We shall go to the ruins, and come back with our tales of victory before we depart again for the open seas!!

Gathering the officers, Art addresses them. Well boys, I say we go out to this ruin at first light--so no drinking so much that you're hung over tomorrow. And...if you try for any lizard tail, i suggest you sex them before you sex them.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:
Lucky makes a suitable speech thanking the chief and complimenting the assembled lounge.

Lounge lizards???

We thank you, Krentak. You and your tribe are gracious & fair. We shall go to the ruins, and come back with our tales of victory before we depart again for the open seas!!

Gathering the officers, Art addresses them. Well boys, I say we go out to this ruin at first light--so no drinking so much that you're hung over tomorrow. And...if you try for any lizard tail, i suggest you sex them before you sex them.

I totally googled that sh!t and a group of lizards is officially called a lounge.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party stays keen-eyed, but the lizards seem genuinely to accept you as one of their own. Lucky does, however, find a lizardman who seems to take a keen interest in the party, more than the others. His interest doesn't seem nefarious, just curious. By the night's end he's long asleep.

In the morning there are a few younglings eager to see you off, but most everyone else seems to be sleeping in a bit.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

do we know where the ruins are?

The druid wakes and is in a little bit of a surly mood with his hangover. He casts Create Water more than once, dumping cool water over his head. This seemed to help and Kiltem is ready to go.

Lets be off.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

During the nights festivities Slappy is huddled with and listens to the village historian. The historian turns out to be a wonderful story teller. As the gnome listens he gets the rhythm of the stories and creates a driving beat, followed by a melody on his pan pipes.

Perform Purcussion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Perform Wind: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

He puts the music on paper and gifts it to the historian. I’m sure I could do better on the percussion, but I think the pipes turned out well. I want you to have this for the village in case we don’t make it back.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Your fellow tribesmen tell you that the ruins are on the western end of the bay.

You can bushwack, or follow the trail to get there. Either way, I'll take a group survival check.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I see no reason to bushwhack...trail, everyone?

survival, aid the leader: 1d20 ⇒ 20 <--whoa, a fine little helper!!


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem looks with approval at the Capitan’s skill. I must be rubbing off on the others a little... he thinks to himself.

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Kiltem also starts the journey with a few spells Long Strider and BarkSkin


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Aiding the survivalness: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party easily makes their way straight towards the ruins. It leads to a quick trip, avoiding a few of the jungle's hazards. For bypassing the dangers of the island, each pirate earns 100 XP.

The ruins are old, really old. The structure is largely overrun by the jungle itself, and rests so close to the cliff's edge, that you're certain some of it has fallen into the waters below.

A wicked wind kicks up. It's unnatural in its focus, only the party's gear rustles with it. Each talisman of Gozreh is lifted up by the wind for the briefest of moments before the wind vanishes.

Knowledge (The Planes) DC 15:

You've been visited by an air elemental.

The double doors before you were once impressive. Now, one of the lies in ruin on the floor allowing an easy entrance. Map updated.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Hey, does anybody need healing? We still have a Wand of CLWs. Please speak up so we can get that done. Im sure we will be fighting something nasty in the ruins.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem smiles when the party reaches the ruins. He hands off the Wand of CLWs to the ThunderCaller. Then he calls out to the Mother for her gifts.
Though everyone in the party has seen it multiple times there was just something strange about the druid’s thick form changing longer and thinner, his long hair shortening and then changing to feathers. His boots disappear and his feet become scaley claws. The oddest part was his eyes. They were no longer human, yet there was something in them that was the essence of the burly human.
In a few seconds the wildshaped druid stood before them. He flexed his legs and the viscous talons showed on his strange feet. A few moments more and the dino-druid was also gifted with Greater Magic Fang or talon...

Kiltem Stormcrow is ready


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Know Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Slappy looks at the strange pattern of our talismans of Gozreh lifting with the wind. His face is expressive as he ponders the mystery, wonder, curiousity, intrigue, enlightenment, then finally a big smile.

Look Kiltem, friends. We've just been kissed by Papa Storm's protectorate. Gozreh sometimes appears as a very very old elemental. The thing that lifted our symbols is an elemental from the plane of air.

I know public no just speaking makes you uncomfortable, but maybe you should lead us in a prayer of thanks Kiltem. It seems appropriate.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Slappy Wundershart wrote:

[dice=Know Planes]1d20+6

Slappy looks at the strange pattern of our talismans of Gozreh lifting with the wind. His face is expressive as he ponders the mystery, wonder, curiousity, intrigue, enlightenment, then finally a big smile.

Look Kiltem, friends. We've just been kissed by Papa Storm's protectorate. Gozreh sometimes appears as a very very old elemental. The thing that lifted our symbols is an elemental from the plane of air.

I know public no just speaking makes you uncomfortable, but maybe you should lead us in a prayer of thanks Kiltem. It seems appropriate.

Kiltem looks a little suspiciously at Slappy. You think so? . Normally the druid didnt feel Papa Storm’s touch unless they were out on the water or along the coast. But he figured the gnome may be right. The island was surrounded by the great ocean. It would be rude to ignore Papa. Either way he figured it wouldnt hurt.

He stands tall and throws his arms up into a V shape. Papa Storm! He calls, big voice booming out. We thank you for your touch. Let it bless us as we are about to walk into this ancient place.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Nothing happens after Kiltem's words, but then again sometimes that for the best when Gozreh is concerned.

Feel free to move about the cabin map. Roll as appropriate preemptively.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

RETCON...

Lucky makes note of the interested lizard for later, and asks someone else for his name.

FF to now...

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
The rogue looks for traps.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art stands by Lucky for (im)moral support while he searches.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky learns that his name is Yizzik.

Lucky moves up to the door and sees nothing, so he pokes his head into the main area. A trickle of water flows from the damaged stone fountain at the center of this open courtyard. A muddy morass surrounds the fountain, flowing across a path bordering the courtyard and flooding a small side chamber. Two recessed areas at the courtyard’s northern end hold tall statues and steps up to a small landing. On the west side, a statue depicting a bearded old man with wild hair stands before a landing with a shattered circular window. On the east side, a female statue lies smashed on the floor, and the landing and exterior wall have crumbled away.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:

RETCON...

Lucky makes note of the interested lizard for later, and asks someone else for his name.

FF to now...

[dice=Perception]1d20+13
The rogue looks for traps.

How does Lucky have a Perception of 13? His Wisdom bonus is 0


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

I moved some people on the map

Dino-druid steps through the ruined door and picks his way through the rubble moving on scaly clawed feet. Looking for danger first he starts scanning the room.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Is the old man statue one of Gozreh?

Slappy think’s it’s interesting that the water flows up and out of the fountain. He casts detect magic, and focuses on it, then the rest of the room.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem steps in. He sees the mud before the fountain begin to bubble, unnaturally. All of a sudden it begins to pull itself into a three dimensional form! It doesn't seem hostile. Knowledge (Planes) to identify. It coalesces into a vaguely humanoid shape. It mutters something grumbling in a language you assume must be Terran based on the cascading consonants.

It then spits a mud loogie at Art. It hits the captain in the chest, soiling his garb.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

At the “attack” from the mud creature Kiltem ALMOST explodes into violence. But he checks himself a moment. Does the Capitan appear hurt? No. Maybe this is more of a joke? Or maybe even polite among mud creatures.

Kiltem keeps scanning the room for any other threats.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Know Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

As the living mud coalesces into, well whatever it's wondertwin form takes the gnome gets ready to thundercall on it. But after the mud loogie hits the Captain he chuckles only to cut it off quickly to see how the Captain reacts, and to puzzle out what this creature is, and to figure out how to communicate to it.

If I can't figure out what it says, I will drink the comprehend lang potion.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is a bit surprised at the creature ‘s appearance, and is more surprised at the missile. Not being fast enough to dodge it, his hand automatically flies to where it hit...but it appears to be just mud. He looks at the creature and says, in a questioning voice, Thank you?


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko approaches and scoops some of the muddy residue from the floor. With a furrowed brow and a shrug, he smears the mud on his bare chest, his fingers deftly swirling as he draws his old tribe's symbols there.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's behavior causes the mud creature to change its face into a caricature of a confused man, replete with childlike smiley face. It's in Terran, and that wasn't high enough Slappy.

Art's behavior gives a +1 circumstance bonus and Ko's a +2. Make a diplomacy check, and if you don't speak Terran, it's at -4.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16

Lucky likes this guy! He smears some mud on his own chest and smiles back at it with genuine enthusiasm.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 55/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem feels the others have things well in hand. He keeps watch on the rest of the room around them.

Active perception

2,651 to 2,700 of 2,741 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.