Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |Island Gazetteer | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES | Naval Combat
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+14[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+11[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+11[/dice]

Sense Motive
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+0[/dice]

Prof Sailor/Pirate
[dice=Kilt]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,152 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

ROUND 2

Art is surprised & a bit frustrated that the foes he was after ran, but he curses himself for not expecting it. He looks at Ko and Lucky and shouts out an order DO NOT follow them!! STICK TOGETHER!!

he then darts around the foliage to try and get to Kiltem in such a way as to cut off the remaining creatures' retreat.

double move


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Art gives commands as he continues to close!

Round 1:
Ko: Move
Kiltem: Miss
Lucky: Move
Art: Move
Foes: ATK
Slappy: Go

Round 2:
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Hit
Lucky: Go
Art: Move
Foes: TBD
Slappy: TBD

DM:

White: 10


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 6 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 49/49 Per: +11 Init: +2: Fort: +3 Ref: +7: Will +5

Round 1

Without his usual flair, Slappy moves up and thundercalls the 2 on Kiltem

Thundercall: 1d8 ⇒ 1 Target Blue and White. Fort Save DC17 or be stunned for 1 round. Save doesn't decrease damage.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

FORT Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
FORT White: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Both kech keep their focus on the battle, despite some smoking hair.

Round 2:
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Hit
Lucky: Go
Art: Move
Foes: TBD
Slappy: TBD

DM:

White: 11
Blue: 1


AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky slinks into the brush near the intersection of the 2 paths and hides in the shadows... hoping to catch a fleeing enemy unaware.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 6, HP 50 (50), AC 18 (T12,FF15), Init +5, Per +10, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3, CMD 21

With a bloodcurdling scream, Ko charges one of the sniping foes.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 18
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 = 11
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky gets into position There aren't really shadows for hiding, but there IS cover.

Meanwhile Ko's blade work is effective, cutting a deep wound in the creature's belly. They respond quickly. His target immediately drops his bow and switches to natural weapons:

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Left Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 MISS
Right Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

His partner also drops his weapon and closes, taking a long route
Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 but has a poor angle for the attack.

Meanwhile two of the creatures savage Kiltem!
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Left Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Right Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 MISS
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 MISS

Round 3:
Ko: ATK
Kiltem: Hit
Lucky: Go
Art: Move
Foes: ATK
Slappy: Go

DM:

White: 11
Blue: 1
Black: 11


male Human Rogue 9 HPs 69/69, AC 20, FF13 Touch17), Init +6, (fort +5, ref +13, wil +5), Trap Spotter +20

Lucky goes before me, but I have the opportunity now

Round 4

More feathers fly and blood drips from deinonychus-Kiltem. The druid lets out an unhuman cry and again makes a short hop into the air as he brings slashing spurs, biting jaws, and ripping foreclaws on his enemies.

Full Attack!

attack 1 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 1 = 27
bite 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14

attack 2 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 15
spur 1 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 17

attack 3 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 13
spur 2 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 17

attack 4 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15
foreclaws 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

This die roller is pissing me off


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

Art rushes to Kilt’s aid, Tooth appearing in his hand in a flash. He makes a careful strike at Blue

Use 1 panache for MOAR DAMAGE

Tooth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25. <—threat!!
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20

Confirm : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14. Please let me know if this confirms...will get panache back if it does (or he dies)
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

If still alive...

The Captain gives a blood-curdling scream of rage, trying to scare the creature

intimate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 6 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 49/49 Per: +11 Init: +2: Fort: +3 Ref: +7: Will +5

Wow I fell behind

Round 2

Slappy moves east by loping along like an ape. He then pounds his chest while making ape sounds. Of course he lets out a fake wheezing cough at the end.

Bard Song Inspire courage, Everyone gets a +2

Round 3

The bard wiggles his fingers a bit, and a familiar spark comes to life with a final snap of his fingers. Tiny dragons fly out to confound his foes.

Snapdragon Fireworks target Red: 1d4 ⇒ 2 DC16 Ref save for half and avoid being dazzeled


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:

Art rushes to Kilt’s aid, Tooth appearing in his hand in a flash. He makes a careful strike at Blue

Use 1 panache for MOAR DAMAGE

[dice=Tooth]d20+10. <—threat!!
[dice=damage]d6+5+5+5

[dice=Confirm ]d20+10. Please let me know if this confirms...will get panache back if it does (or he dies)
[dice=damage]d6+5

If still alive...

The Captain gives a blood-curdling scream of rage, trying to scare the creature

[dice=intimate]d20+11

Slappy's bardsong would increase damage to 22, increase the crit confirm roll to 16, and crit damage to 8.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy starts up a performance!

Kiltem, spurred to feats of courage by Slappy, finally eviscerates one of the kech! He instantly turns and tears a second one apart with his claws!

This makes Art's turn moot. If he charges, he can get to red and keep the roll. Art sprints to help Ko. He leads with a killer fleche attack, driving his blade through the kech's skull and out the other side!

Round 4:
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Kill
Lucky: Go
Art: Kill
Foes: TBD
Slappy: Pending

DM:

Black: 11


AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: Max

Lucky curses his inefficiency and runs east to support Ko.

(Double move)


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

*approved* thanks


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 6, HP 50 (50), AC 18 (T12,FF15), Init +5, Per +10, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3, CMD 21

Ko focuses in on the remaining kech, circling it, looking for an opening. Spotting one, he slashes low, but its a feint. He turns the cut high, aiming to kill.

studied target

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 21
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 14
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 29
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's quick cut on the four line drops the kech. They carry little on them, but it's not their treasure you're after...

For dispatching the kech, each pirate earns 535 XP . Indeed their bows are the only gear they have, but four longbows can be sold for 150 GP.


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

Well struck everyone! But it looks like we need one more if we ALL want to go native!

I could probably use a bow...better than xbow or sling


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 6 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 49/49 Per: +11 Init: +2: Fort: +3 Ref: +7: Will +5

Looks at the pistol on the Captains belt. Then looks at the lesser bracers of archery that he is wearing.

Sure Cap’n, not sure if these would help you, but if’n you want them they’re yours.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky excises the required ears.

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human Druid 6, HP 68/68, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +12, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Dino-Kiltem watches the rogue take the ears of their enemy. He gives a strange reptillian nod of approval.
Kiltem also casts a CLWs spell on himself. 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Knowing his WildShape will not last too much longer the druid tries to makes the most of it. The deinonychus starts sniffing around and attempts to pick up a trail to where the Kech came from. Hoping to track back to a camp or at least area where the Kech are easier to find.

Survival 10 + 11 = 21

DM, Kiltem’s wildshape gives him the Scent ability. So is an extra +8 perception to scent based perception. Can some sort of bonus be added to his Survival bc of said scent?


AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Survival Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Aye! Scent + Survival = win

Kiltem, still in dinosaur form, leads the party forward.

Kiltem: 1d20 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 8 = 37
Ko: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Arthur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 +2 on water terrain
Slappy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

The party follows a strong trail picked up by Kiltem. It leads them to a trap designed to fool animals, not men. A singular dead deer lies in the middle of an opening. Fifteen feet up on three sides, in makeshift blinds are a trio of kech! They see you, but you obviously are ready for them.

Foes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 6 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 49/49 Per: +11 Init: +2: Fort: +3 Ref: +7: Will +5

Round 1

Ketchie Ketchie Ketchie they can see me right here, if they listen they can get an ear Slappy dances forward a bit of a jig and juggles 3 of the ears that we already have.

At the end of the juggling, the gnome holds an ear to his, and points with another one. Sick'em Kiltemsaurus

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Male Human Druid 6, HP 68/68, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +12, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

I'm last in line, I'll try to patiently wait my turn. When it IS my turn. What is the mechanic for climbing up 15'? A whole round action of climb? In another level or two I could be a diretiger or direApe w/ climb speed!


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

Art decides to try out his new bow, targeting red since it's on the other side of the stream.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 <--THREAT!!
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy's display indeed gives the closest kech serious pause!

Meanwhile an arrow streaks across the field and lands solidly in the hip of the far kech!

Climbing a tree: Make a climb check. If you pass it, you move 1/4 your speed up. If you fail by less than 5, you simply don't make progress. If you fail by more, you fall.

Round 1:
Slappy: Bogey man
Lucky: Go
Art: Crit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black (Shakened through Round 2)
Red: 9


Male Human Druid 6, HP 68/68, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +12, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Round 1

At Slappy's call the swift legged deinonychus streaks forward and tries to clear the killing ground as fast as possible. Dino-Druid is at the base of the tree ready to climb next round.

Double move


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 6, HP 50 (50), AC 18 (T12,FF15), Init +5, Per +10, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3, CMD 21

After taking a moment to study the far kech, Ko aims to add a fletching to Art's.

lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Crit confirmation
lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Crit additional damage
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's bolt lands with another solid hit, sending the kech reeling, but not falling.

Round 1:
Slappy: Bogey man
Lucky: Go
Art: Crit
Ko: Hit!
Kiltem: Move
Kech: TBD

DM:

Black (Shakened through Round 2)
Red: 16


Male Human Druid 6, HP 68/68, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +12, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

I think Adam needs a little help. I'll bot Lucky

Round 1 Lucky's Action

The rogue pauses half a sec. He considers moving forward and trying to lay in wait to stab the crap out of a Kech as it hops down from its perch. As he starts to move forward he sees both Delgado and Ko make some sweet archery and crossbowery. His decision now made, the lad moves forward and slips his own crossbow off his shoulder. Letting his feet fall into a comfortable stance, he brings the butt of the weapon up to his shoulder and it fits right into position from hours of practice. A slow breath out and a gentle squeezing of the trigger... TUNG!!!

Move and shoot, also targeting Red Kech

ranged attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
crossbow 1d8 ⇒ 2


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Too far for a precise shot, Lucky still manages to hit the nearest foe. They respond in kind with arrows of their own!

Blue v. Kiltem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 MISS

Red v. Lucky: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 MISS

Black v. Slappy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Their counter isn't very inspiring.

Round 2:
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shakened through Round 2)
Red: 16


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

Art shuffles forward, taking another shot at red.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Art shuffles, and wings the kech lightly on the arm!

Round 2:
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go

Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shakened through Round 2)
Red: 18


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 6 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 49/49 Per: +11 Init: +2: Fort: +3 Ref: +7: Will +5

Round 2

Hey now pain is not my game Slappy rubs where the arrow deflected off his armor. he takes a few steps south to give him cover from the farthest 2 Ketch.

But Pain is their game HEHEEEEE!!. In a quieter voice Psst Lucky come stand near me after you shoot one of em.

Inspire courage all my friends get a +2 to their rolls. Also if Lucky does come stand next to Slappy he will get a vanish spell on him next round.


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

If it matters..since technically Slappy goes before Art, Art's arrow does an additional 2 damage!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

I'll give it you!

Slappy bolsters the party for an overwhelming push!

Round 2:
Slappy: Bard!
Lucky: Go
Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shakened through Round 2)
Red: 20


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Bot per Lucky's player sitting at the same table as me.

Lucky steps closer to Slappy and gives him the nod for the spell. While waiting, Lucky shoots the heavily wounded kech across the way: ATK: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 for DMG: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5. The bolt slams into his chest, and he nearly falls from the tree, hovering on Death's Door.

Round 2:
Slappy: Bard!
Lucky: Hit
Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shakened through Round 2)
Red: 25


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 6, HP 50 (50), AC 18 (T12,FF15), Init +5, Per +10, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3, CMD 21

Ko watches the kech as he reloads, and then fires again.

lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Crit confirmation
lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Crit additional damage
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's follow up finishes off the kech!

Round 2:
Slappy: Bard!
Lucky: Hit
Art: Hit
Ko: Kill
Kiltem: Go
Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shakened through Round 2)


Male Human Druid 6, HP 68/68, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +12, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Round 2

Climb 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Pass!

The rest of the group is a little surprised how well dino-Kiltem could scrabble up the tree to the Kech. The large talons seemed to stick into the wood like crampons and the short feathery wing each had a claw to assist.
even moving at 1/4 speed while climbing, Kiltem still has movement left over to get an attack off
The deinonychus climbs up to the Kech and delivers a nasty kick with a dagger-like talon.

Attack 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 25
talon 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 14


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

It's frightening even to his shipmates, watching Kiltem dash up the tree to cleanly take a healthy chunk out of the kech!

With no route of retreat, he screams in some kind of proto-language and fights back!
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 MISS
Left Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for Slash: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Right Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for Slash: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 AND
REND: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The other drops down and flees!

Round 3:
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shakened through Round 2)
Blue: 14


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 6 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 49/49 Per: +11 Init: +2: Fort: +3 Ref: +7: Will +5

Round 3 The I'm sorry Lucky Round

Slappy was preparing to make Lucky Vanish, but the tides have turned Ketch are running away. Sorry Boy'o but that'un is runnin away

Slappy takes off in pursuit, but then starts to cast another spell. Monkey See Monkey do. It's nice ta see a monkey fall.

Cast grease DC16 on the running Kech, and continue it in front of him. Swift lingering performance. Everyone still +2 for bardsong


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

REF: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24 The kech glides through the grease with shocking agility, though it does slow him down a bit.

Round 3:
Slappy: Grease
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 2 (Shaken through Round 2)
Blue: 14


M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]

Seeing the escaping kech and Slappy starting to pursue, Art drops his bow and runs full-tilt-boogie at the beastie. At the last moment, Tooth appears in his hand, and he executes a fleche attack, aiming to take the monster down before it can get help.

spend 1 panache for extra damage

CHAAAAARRGE: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 5 + 5 + 2 = 19

IF this is a hit...

Art then shouts defiantly at the kech, trying to shake it.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Art's fleche attack slides through the kech's ribs, and out his solar plexus! The fleeing foe spits frothy blood, but doesn't die yet. The already shaken foe screams!

Round 3:
Slappy: Grease
Lucky: Hit
Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 21 (Shaken through Round 2)
Blue: 14


Male Human Druid 6, HP 68/68, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +12, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Round 3

The deinonychus gives an inhuman scream as the kech tears at it with it's claws. Now firmly up on the hunting platform the feathered reptile replies with a FULL attack. Talons, teeth, and claws seem to come from every angle...

Attack 1 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 30
bite 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 18

Attack 2 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 15
talon right 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 17

Attack 3 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 20
talon left 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 14

Attack 4 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 21
foreclaws 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 11

Ha! Feeling pretty confident its dead


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L6 SB HP 52/52 Init +4; P: 3/3 CL 4/4 AC 19 FF 15 T 14; F2 R6 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
FA:
[dice=Tooth]d20+9[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+4[/dice] [dice=dam]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+7[/dice] [dice=dam]d8+1[/dice]
Kiltem Stormcrow wrote:
Ha! Feeling pretty confident its dead

this is literally a scene from a horror movie...

Art glances in disgust at the gore he just caused with the solid hit, and his eye catches the drama unfolding in the unfortunate kech's hunting blind--Kiltem's dino-form's birdlike screams of victory, the kech's screeching in agony, the tearing flesh, the splattering gore...and he goes a little pale.

He turns back to the wounded kech, choosing the lesser of two evils to watch! You're prettier.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem's brutal attack is deadly. Limbs and parts come dropping from the tree like over-ripened fruit!

Round 3:
Slappy: Grease
Lucky: Hit
Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Kill
Kech: TBD

DM:

Black: 21 (Shaken through Round 2)

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,152 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.