Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |Island Gazetteer | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES | Naval Combat
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+9[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: [dice]d4[/dice]


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,939 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

What a beautiful name. Jenesara Slappy lets it roll off his tongue.

Beautiful Jenesara, I have so many questions about the Triton’s and the plane of water I can only imagine it. But alas we do not have much time together at the moment. Slappy gives a wink wink and a nod towards the Captain who’s pushing us along while going to stand next to the burly druid.

But before we go depart, I sincerely appreciate getting to know you, and want to make sure you know this hero’s name. It is Kiltem Stormcrow servant of Papa Storm, defender of those in need. He is to quiet and modest most of the time, but an absolute animal at others. Slappy wiggles his eyebrows and gives a little wink. You would do well keeping that name close to your lips and arm around his strong shoulders. So till we, or at least you two meet again Mi Lady. .

Slappy finishes with a flourishing bow. He then “accidently” falls into the water to make sure Kiltem laughs, it will make her think is the smile for her instead of just the comedy.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Slappy trying to get Kiltem a girlfriend?? Sounds fishy--but I'm sure he thanks you for the kelp


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Slappy Wundershart wrote:

What a beautiful name. Jenesara Slappy lets it roll off his tongue.

Beautiful Jenesara, I have so many questions about the Triton’s and the plane of water I can only imagine it. But alas we do not have much time together at the moment. Slappy gives a wink wink and a nod towards the Captain who’s pushing us along while going to stand next to the burly druid.

But before we go depart, I sincerely appreciate getting to know you, and want to make sure you know this hero’s name. It is Kiltem Stormcrow servant of Papa Storm, defender of those in need. He is to quiet and modest most of the time, but an absolute animal at others. Slappy wiggles his eyebrows and gives a little wink. You would do well keeping that name close to your lips and arm around his strong shoulders. So till we, or at least you two meet again Mi Lady. .

Slappy finishes with a flourishing bow. He then “accidently” falls into the water to make sure Kiltem laughs, it will make her think is the smile for her instead of just the comedy.

The druid does smile at the gnome’s physical humor. However, any subtlety about getting the triton woman interested in Kilt goes right over his head. Lucky however teases and explains things to the dense druid. Then this really causes Kiltem to laugh.

He then explains to Lucky how fish dont really “mate” as much as they just fertilize eggs and he isnt that interested.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Well, we are here. Kiltem looks around. Shall we just put in here?

The druid takes a good scan from the jolly boat and then helps put into to shore. His huge muscles help drag it far enough up the sand to not wash away. He again gives a good scan of the lay of the land. Looking for foot trails or perhaps signs of lizardfolk villages.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

The druid also takes a moment to give thanks to the Mother as he makes shorefall. While he has her on the line, he also asks her blessing for some longer duration spells.

He casts Long Strider and BarkSkin


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

It's hard to read the triton's facial expression, but she seems... amused? With a genuine laugh she darts back out to sea, quickly going underwater.

This wide beach of smooth, pale pebbles offers a panoramic view of the jungle-topped cliffs that shelter the tranquil lagoon. To the northwest, a waterfall cascades over a succession of rock shelves. A path of gray stones leads west from the northern end of the beach, providing stepping stones across the falls and up to a series of rough-hewn steps carved into the cliffside. At the top of the cliff, the path winds its way into the shade of the jungle.

I've adopted a new tactical map. I've used this method in other campaigns for some time. The map is two slides. An "Encounter Mode" slide with a grid (no combat right now, so no map.) Slide #2 is operational for "Exploration Mode."

Where to pirates?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Taking in the beauty & wildness, Art breathes deeply and with great satisfaction. He eyes the steps. This looks promising, these are carved & not natural. Let's go, pirates! He starts the climb, going slow & steady, and leads the same shanty Kiltem sang so long ago...they do not want to look like they're sneaking up on the lizard folk, and they will NOT be able to hide from the other fauna, so might as well embrace it!!

When I was a little boy or so my mother told me,
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe!

If you do not kiss the girls, your lips will grow all moldy,
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe!

King Osric was the Usurper before the Revolution,
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe!

Then he got his head lopped off, spoiled his constitution,
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe!

Way haul away, we'll haul for better weather,
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe!

Way haul away, this good ship now is rolling,
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe!

The cook is in the galley boys, Making duff so handy
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe!

The captain's in his cabin lads, Drinking wine and brandy
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe!

Way, haul away, I'll sing to you of Sandy
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe!

Way, haul away, she's just my cut and dandy
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

The party begins to head inward!

I'll take a Perception, Survival, and Knowledge (Local) from everyone.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
know (local), untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
survival, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

As the others start to get moving toward the path, the druid makes a decision. They would be entering the jungle for a while and there would be many threats. He gives the Wand of CLWs to the gnome to hold on to. Then he makes another swift prayer to The Mother. He casts Greater Magic Fang, and looses his human form to that of his favored feathered, scaly deinonychus form. He swiftly catches up to his comrades.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 +8 for scent
Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Slappy pulls Ko aside as the Captain leads out with singing the ditty.

In a whisper to Ko I’m not sure the Captain’s play is the correct one at this time, but it is fun, and I’m all about the fun. How about you not be about the fun, and stick more to the shadows?

With that he skips off to join the singing breaking out his seldom used pan pipes. Perform wind: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

While on the trail he keeps his eyes open, and looks for any useful info he can pass on to his crew mates.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Know Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Slappy Wundershart wrote:

Slappy pulls Ko aside as the Captain leads out with singing the ditty.

In a whisper to Ko I’m not sure the Captain’s play is the correct one at this time, but it is fun, and I’m all about the fun. How about you not be about the fun, and stick more to the shadows?

The scaly face regards Slappy w/ strange inhuman eyes, yet there is both recognition and some sort of understanding. The gnome can't help but smile at how silly the saurian head looks as it nods like a person.

In a flash deinonychus-Kiltem moves on a swift legs. He shadows the crew as best he can moving in the lighter brush. At times he follows and at other times he easily gets ahead of his friends. base movement is double at 60', 70' w/ LongStrider


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

Before long, the party comes upon lizardfolk tracks. Not long after that Slappy catches vines in the canopy which look like they function as bridges.

After a short walk the party comes upon a quartet of lizardfolk trying to hide. They catch that you've spotted them, but they make no move...


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art puts up one open hand, indicating the group stop. He then looks at the lizard folk, and holds up both open hands, by his head, stepping a bit forward. On the way, he looks slightly back. Slappy, please be ready with one of the scrolls

Once he's a few steps ahead of the group, he calls out

HAIL! Peace...do you speak the common tongue?


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 (+1 to avoid surprise or find hidden object & doors; +2 to spot traps; +2 in or on water)

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 (+2 in or on water)

Know: Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 

Dagnabbit. Wasting perfectly good 20s on stupid skill checks. Bah!


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:

Art puts up one open hand, indicating the group stop. He then looks at the lizard folk, and holds up both open hands, by his head, stepping a bit forward. On the way, he looks slightly back. Slappy, please be ready with one of the scrolls

Once he's a few steps ahead of the group, he calls out

HAIL! Peace...do you speak the common tongue?

What scrolls? But sure.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

For the moment, dino-Kiltem is going to hold still. He will let his friends do all the talking.
He doesnt want his appearance to startle anyone.

having thoughts of Slappy riding dino-Kilt like a chocobo


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

Lucky remembers a LOT about lizardfolk 4 questions. He's confident that there aren't any other teams of lizardfolk in the area, so no surprises.

The lizardfolk opt for parley, but their tone is highly defensive:

Draconic:

[b]"You are on our land. Be you friends of the kech?"/b]


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Slappy, hit me with one of those scrolls...

As soon as he can understand the clicks & growls, Art responds.

Hail! We are no friends of the kech--as we understand it, they are not civilized and would not parley, but we heard YOU are the wiser and might speak with us. We wish you no violence, but wish to trade with you.

He takes out one of the trinkets and holds it up

We seek your Headman--your king! None of us know your tongue, and the magic we use to speak to you will not last long, so I ask for you to work with us as swiftly as you are able, sir.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art stops, seemingly having forgotten the simple truth that "comprehend languages" is one-way.

He refrains from slapping his forehead in frustration, and instead tries to pantomime

friends with you

by shaking his own hands together, then pointing at the lizard folk

Trade?

by holding up & dangling a pendant

speak with your chief?

by moving extended fingers from his mouth, then miming a king/chief proud on his throne

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Lucky obviously assists the Captain.

Lucky Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

The lizardfolk seem cautious, but weapons stay lowered. They nod, which is apparently universal. They point to all of you, mimic putting weapons away, and then beckon you to follow!

The question is.... do you?


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:

The lizardfolk seem cautious, but weapons stay lowered. They nod, which is apparently universal. They point to all of you, mimic putting weapons away, and then beckon you to follow!

The question is.... do you?

Yes. The party sheathes weapons and follows.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

With nods all around, the lizardfolk lead you peacefully away For making peaceful and productive contact with the patrol, the party earns 1,600 XP.

The hike immediately goes off trail westward. The lizardfolk stay extremely vigilant* during the trip. You ford a fresh water stream at which the group stops to drink. Soon you start to notice that the canopy has been cultivated into specific shapes. A few more steps and you see that they're the foundations of a treetop village. Many huts seem dilapidated, even for a primal tribe such as this. You get the distinct impression that more than half are abandoned.

Eventually the patrol stops you. You can hear the sea to the west. One lizardfolk from the patrol rushes off and returns after a minsute wait.

The wait is just long enough to plant the seed of worry, but not a moment longer. A powerfully built and heavily scarred lizardwoman arrives. Behind her are a pair of younger females bearing plates of dried meat and nuts, along with a ewer of coconut water.

"I Krentak. You guests. Eat. Be friends. Tell us your purpose." Her Taldane is rough, but serviceable.

*Sense Motive DC 15:

They seem to be more concerned by a threat in the trees than in a double cross from you.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Art bows to their host. Greetings Krentak. We are pleased to be your friends. I am Art... and he makes introductions all around. if Kitlem is still in dino form, Art will look at him questioningly, ready to introduce him as a druid...

He takes a small amount of food & water, gesturing to the rest to join him. He nods in thanks to the bearers.

Once the niceties have been seen to:

We are here to trade with you. We have things we thought you'd like... and he brings out a pendant, tossing it gently to her We seek a man-treasure that we think was buried somewhere on this island. We would like your permission to enter your home to seek it out and remove it--and, if you have any knowledge of where it might be, we would be grateful!


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Lucky remembers a LOT about lizardfolk 4 questions.

What Lizardfolk cultural taboos should we avoid?

What do they value most?
How does one become a lizardfolk leader?
What are their relationships with surrounding communities?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

What Lizardfolk cultural taboos should we avoid? They are a communally based people with low birthrates and slow development. Individual glory at the expense of a ka-tet is anathama. They also do not EVER eat lizards.

What do they value most? Contribution to the tribe. Gifts representing personalized worth are their money.

How does one become a lizardfolk leader? Age + resume = Elder. Elder + combat = monarch. This tribe is clearly too small for a monarch.

What are their relationships with surrounding communities? They're mildly xenophobic, but have been known to build peaceful trade agreements with almost all races.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Slappy eats and drinks the offered refreshments, while he does he pays attention to the environment. Pays attention with the ears of an artist. He picks out sounds with a rythm, sounds that he can put to a percussive beat using the items near him to imitate the individual sounds he hears.

Krentak, you live in a beautiful place. Let me create a bit of after respite entertainment.

Perform percussion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:

Art bows to their host. Greetings Krentak. We are pleased to be your friends. I am Art... and he makes introductions all around. if Kitlem is still in dino form, Art will look at him questioningly, ready to introduce him as a druid...

The druid does indeed stay in deinonychus form. Doing his best to appear non-threatening and yet a majestic creature, the feathered dino takes precaution to move slowly. He eats some of the meat and gives a nod of thanks to his hosts.

Kiltem partly stays in dino form hoping it will maybe impress the lizardfolk. Though mostly he highly enjoys taking the sleek and deadly form and would hate to waste his wildshape for today. There is still hope that something dangerous could attack from the jungle and then everyone would be happy he is still deinonychus.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

With Slappy's drumming in the back, the conversation unfolds.

"You seek something in the human building. You should not do this. It's certain death. Only those with the symbol have a hope of survival. Alas I cannot grant this to you, as only members of the tribes may have it."

If you make the request I think you're about to make, include a Diplomacy check.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Sounds like CotCT again :D

Well then that's good news Krentak. See with my Captains approval I think I can speak for everyone, what would it take for us to be accepted a a member of the tribes? We can be our own tribe, or add our strength to yours. I'm sure the Elders have a way to do this.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Or make that an assist roll if the Captain doesn't want me to step in.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

"The process is simple. Present the tribe with the ears of a dead kech. There are five of you so the ears from 5 different kech should suffice. These creatures often raid eggs from our nests and are thus a constant threat to the tribe. They are not civilized, and do not build homes on the island. They plague the northern half in roving bands."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Dino-Kiltem smiles on the inside. All they want is some ears? HA! We shall bury them in the bodyparts of their enemies... . The druid’s inner monologue continues for some time


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art nods in agreement at the exchange. From what we've heard about the kech, we are fine with this ritual test! Krentak, can you tell us what this symbol is, and what it would protect us from in this human building?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

"Perhaps friend Art, I cannot. That information is a tribal secret. Once you are worthy, I'll tell you all that I can and more."


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art bows his head conceding the point.

He then looks back at his friends. Anyone up for some kech hunting?


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

I'm in!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

The lizardfolk are hard to read, but they seem to approve of the turn of events. After the meal many head to the canopy to bask in the sun while others move to complete chores and work.

Krentak bids you farewell, "Be careful. The kech are naked apes like you, but their claws are as strong as ours."

Hunting them is a function of Survival. One person leads the hunting party, the others can aid. If you want to maintain surprise, it's also stealth. Feel free to get a move on!


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Thank you for the warning. We shall return shortly...

Art lets a more skilled party member lead the hunt, simply keeping a sharp eye out.

survival, aid: 1d20 ⇒ 10

He tries to keep quiet...but it's not his forte.

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

Kiltem: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Ko: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Arthur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Slappy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

6d20 ⇒ (4, 19, 12, 4, 19, 12) = 70


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

Lucky leads the party on the trail of some obvious tracks. They lead to the northwest corner of the island. Here the flora is an amazing array of exotic and colorful plants.

After 1d4 ⇒ 4 hours of looking, Lucky and Art spot a hunting blind in the jungle. Unfortunately for the party, the kech aren't caught unaware as they were on the lookout (they are hunting after all.) These hairless simians leathery skin have a camouflage pattern to it that shifts and changes as the creature moves.

Foes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Round 1:
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go

Foes: TBD
Slappy: TBD


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 43 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Mind the bows!! They're crack shots, remember! Close and slice them!!

Art rushes forward, no weapons out yet.

double move, as I don't see much alternative to closing AFAFP


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

slight retcon, Kiltem cast GreaterMagicFang when leaving for hunt.
Still on my phone driving home. Cant move on map yet. Dino’s base move is 60’, w/ LongStrider is 70’. 140’ double move. Will close distance not sure if can engage this round. Will be home tonight.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Botting Ko

Round 1

The tall Mwangi sprints forward after his Captain hoping they can team up to bring down some kech.

Double Move.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem's Action

Round 1

While the Capitan and Ko run off toward the one group of Kech, dino-Kiltem sprints toward the other. Running swiftly on long bird like scaley legs and feet the deinonychus druid takes the last few steps as a leap. His right leg flairs out and his foot spur flicks toward the white Kech.

Attack 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 12 balls!

claw/spur 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

Art, Kiltem, and Ko close distance. The fast dinosaur druid gets close enough for a wild bite, but snaps only air.

Round 1:
Ko: Move
Kiltem: Miss
Lucky: Go
Art: Move
Foes: TBD
Slappy: TBD


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

posting for Lucky, Adam is having trouble with the map

Round 1 Lucky's Action

The rogue sprints forward after Delgado and Ko. However, Lucky heads on a slightly different vector meaning to head around the large tree and hopefully come in from behind to set up a flank.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

The party closes quickly! The kech don't wait, and scatter. Two shoot arrows at Ko and Art as they move:

V. Ko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
V. Art: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

but the shots are poor. The two close to Kiltem bite and claw savagely at the dinosaur!

Blue Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 MISS
Left Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 MISS
Right Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
White Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 THREAT
White Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for DMG: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11
Left Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 MISS
Right Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The attacks are brutal as they move to try and flank him.

Round 1:
Ko: Move
Kiltem: Miss
Lucky: Move
Art: Move
Foes: ATK
Slappy: Go

Round 2:
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go

Foes: TBD
Slappy: TBD


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 2

The deinonychus-druid screams a reptilian roar as the the kech’s bite tears through feathers and scaly hide. Kiltem is in full rage as he moves on long slender legs maneuvering so the two kech cant easily flank him. Then dino-Kiltem brings his full attack on the white baddie. He hops and brings both legs scything upward slashing with nasty spurs. He lands with a vicious bite and evens manages to bring his short foreclaws into attack.

5’ step, full attack

1st attack 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 1 = 21
Bite 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

2nd attack 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 13
Talon 1 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 14

3rd attack 1d20 + 10 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 1 + 2 = 15
Talon 2 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 16

4th attack 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 = 11
Foreclaws 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles | Flood

Kiltem lashes out with his own savage flurry. The kech is quick and ready, avoiding all but the opening bite.

Round 1:
Ko: Move
Kiltem: Miss
Lucky: Move
Art: Move
Foes: ATK
Slappy: Go

Round 2:
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Hit
Lucky: Go
Art: Go

Foes: TBD
Slappy: TBD

DM:

White: 10

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,939 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.