Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+5[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: NA


2,501 to 2,550 of 2,578 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky slips off the back of the ship and into the water... he sneaks toward the shore and works his way towards the hippocampi.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Before disembarking, he warns the others against using horizontal wooden poles to force them underneath... Lucky is quite sure Hippocampi have some involvement in the Limbo system.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art calls out to the strange blue woman...can you tell your beast to swim towards us??


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 41/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Understood. Nonetheless Slappy’s action will stand if it can, if not start my vardsong


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (28), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko springs to action, sprinting forward and taking a long-legged leap for the shore, his blade flashing from his scabbard in midair.

move 10 ft and then attempt to jump to shore.
acrobatics,jump: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (28), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko splashes onto the sandy beach with a triumphant roar. He rushes forward, surf and sand splashing around him, ebony pecs bouncing in the hot sun. He slides to a stop in front of the sea cats, beckoning them forward.

figured we need at least 1 baywatch moment ;-)


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

hey DM, is the water shallow enough for us to fight on the shore/shalllows?


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid is quite impressed with Ko's manly display. Kiltem follows suit and tries to emulate his comrade, leaping out and running along the shore.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Kiltem doesn't manage quite as well...

DM, I'll let you judge to see how far Kiltem gets to move on the map, if at all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

THATS IT Kiltem...make them THINK you’re clumsy!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky will need to move on the map. Remember Stealth requires half speed movement. The first 15' of water is "difficult terrain." Beyond 15' you've got to swim. I moved Hasslehoff back a bit to reflect that.

Lucky slips off the stern while Slappy tries to buy some time via thunder!
Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Green: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 FAIL

The further sea cat flails backwards as the clap stuns him!

Ko uses the time to run along the shoreline, with Kiltem hot on his heels.

The "woman" answers Art with a near frantic reply, "I can try but he's panicked!"

Round 1:
Lucky: Move
Slappy: Thunder
Ko: Run
Kiltem: Move
Art: Go
Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Black:
Green: 1 (Stunned Round 1)


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Try!

Art leaps over the side of the boat with derring-do, trying to close with his land-bound mates.

acrobatics + derring-do: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (9) + (1) + 7 = 17


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Art joins the others as the sea cats close for the kill, eager for a tasty meal!

The hippocampus treads ready as the cats close with fangs ready:

Green is stunned:
Hippocampus ready:
Ready: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 MISS
Black: Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The hippocampus is seriously wounded!

Keep in mind that you can't 5' step in difficult terrain

Round 2:
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Art: Go

Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

Spoiler:

Black:
Green: 1 (Stunned Round 1)
Hippocampus: 7


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:


Keep in mind that you can't 5' step in difficult terrain

Except for Ko because he is awesome


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Second
  • Current HPs: 100%

Lucky uses his swim speed to advance toward the enemy stealthily.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Full move. Note, he CAN NOT be tracked. Not that it matters, but it's pretty cool.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

via texts from Adam, I moved Lucky on the map


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 41/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 2

Moving just a bit closer, but still on the jolly Slappy inspires his friends, the blue lady, and her mount.

bard song inspire, everyone +1


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

round 2

The druid splashes in the shallow waves. He reaches a one hand to and touches the dried rosa rogusa on his belt and calls out softly Please Mother, grant me FIRE. In seconds a ball of flame was conjured in his hand. Kiltem hurls this at the nearest seacat.

Throwing attack 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13 ranged touch attack
magic flame 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (28), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko pushes through the bloody froth and slashes at the seacat.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 = 13
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 4 = 8


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art strides forward, and draws his pistol, firing off a shot at the nearest monster.

ranged attack v. touch: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Third
  • Current HPs: 100%

Lucky takes a deep breath and swims toward the fight, attempting to use the muddy silt on the cove's seabed for cover... his short sword is extended before him to help him feel his way through the muck.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Double move SE


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Sorry guys, real life kicking my ass.

Lucky slips forward, cutting like a knife under the water. Above the surface Slappy inspires the officers for the impending scrum.

Ko slashes at the cat, but finds his blade scrape against the scales. It'll take a sharper angle to overcome them.

Art gets around by blowing a hole in the side of the beast and a moment later Kiltem hits it with a small ball of fire! The seacat thrashes in the water, but it seems to be more of range than pain. It immediately turns its attention to Ko:

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 MISS
Left Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 MISS
Right Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 for DMG: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The other seacat shakes off Slappy's magic and prepares to join the fray.

Lucky continues to swim around Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15, unnoticed.

Round 3:
Lucky: Swim
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Art: Go

Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Black: 19
Green: 1 (Stunned Round 1)
Hippocampus: 7


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Reading the field, Art holsters his gun and Tooth appears in his hand. He fears the distant 'cat may try to circle around, so he stands his ground, ready to stab at the beast, and trusting Ko and Kiltem to deal enough violence to end the closer one. He glances back to the strange woman. CALL TO YOUR BEAST!!

Ready attack to stab an enemy that closes. Use 1 panache for extra precision damage.

readied attack vs. enemy closing: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 10 = 20

if hit, Swift action to demoralize!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 <--BAD kitty!!


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 3

The druid moves a little closer and another ball of flame materializes in his hand. He hurls it at the same beast. Ha! Take that! Kiltem shouts into the fray. Finish it Ko!

Throwing attack 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Produce Flame! 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (28), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Aiming to add slashing damage to the piercing, burning fracas, Ko studies the seacat for an opening. Timing its wild bobs, he strikes!

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (6) + 3 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 17
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 13
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 1d63 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 2 + 4 + 1 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!
Harisko "Ko" wrote:

Aiming to add slashing damage to the piercing, burning fracas, Ko studies the seacat for an opening. Timing its wild bobs, he strikes!

I guess I'm still fixated on the baywatch beach running thing, but I read "timing its wild boobs"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's slash doesn't kill the sea cat, but the beast knows when a meal isn't worth it, and turns to swim away!

Kiltem goes full Caligula and attacks the sea!

Art plays defense

Round 3:
Lucky: Swim
Slappy: Go Need bot
Ko: Hit
Kiltem: Miss
Art: Ready
Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Black: 36
Green: 1 (Stunned Round 1)
Hippocampus: 7


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 41/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 3

Slappy urges the jolly boat forward. Row Row Row your Jolly, get me into the Folly

Slappy grabs one of the oars, spins it once, and slaps the water with it. The slap is augmented with what seems like one of his thundercalls, but this is different.

Bad Kitty, Naughty Kitty come and meet your doom. He ends with a cat hiss.

Intimidate: Demorilize: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Lingering performance Everyone still has bardsong +2


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy's tone is enough to demoralize the sea cat who still seems keen on a meal!

the seam-woman desperately calls the hippocampus back:
HA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Meanwhile one makes a break for it. AoO from Ko and Lucky The other sea cat closes with Art, who fails to connect on the way in. Teeth gnash at Art's face: Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, but they're no more accurate than him.

Round 4:
Lucky: Go + AoO
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go + AoO
Kiltem: Go
Art: Go

Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Black: 36
Green: 1 (Shaken Until Round 5)
Hippocampus: 7


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: 100%

AoO Sneak Attack - Short Sword: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 30 for Normal damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) = 15.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength Damage

And turn attack:
Sneak Attack - Short Sword: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 for Normal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

No sneak attack. Foe isn't flanked. Inspire Courage also affects damage. It is a threat though: Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 for DMG: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, and that's a kill. Also, even if Lucky DIDN'T kill it, there are no targets within range...

Round 4:
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Art: Go

Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Green: 1 (Shaken Until Round 5)
Hippocampus: 7


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 4

The druid slogs closer through the water and another ball of fire forms in his hand. He throws it at the last oceanfeline.

ranged touch/throwing attack 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
produce flame 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art takes another stab at stabbing.

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29 <--THREAT
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 5 = 13

confirm: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Pressing his advantage, he makes a startling shout at the cat, trying to demoralize it further!! because I hekkin CAN

intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem's fire connects, burning the exposed flesh of the sea cat. Art in turn drives his blade into the flank at an angle sure to cause maximum damage.

Round 4:
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go

Kiltem: Hit
Art: Hit
Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Green: 29 (Shaken Until Round 5)
Hippocampus: 7


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: 100%

Lucky thrashes the water, churning it to foamy white in his wake. He heads northeast, intent on flanking the creature with his Captain!

Full move. Could someone please move my pog?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky swims into position, ready to end this!

Round 4:
Lucky: Flank!
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go

Kiltem: Hit
Art: Hit
Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Green: 29 (Shaken Until Round 5)
Hippocampus: 7


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Lets go!


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 41/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 4

Rubbing a bit of sulphur together Slappy turns a festive spell into a bit of offense.

Cast Snapdragon Fireworks: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Reflex Save DC17 or be dazzled

Spend Swift Action to continue performance resetting lingering performance


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (28), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko splashes forward, timing his bob to slash at the remaining cat.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 10
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 12
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 17
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

REF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 The sea cat twists away from both the Slappy-clap and Ko's attack.

The hippocampus continues to flee while the sea cat attacks ATK: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Lucky with all it's might:
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 For DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Left Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 For DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Right Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 For DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The claws then tear apart! EXTRA DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 4:
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Art: Go

Hippocampus: TBD
Seat cats: TBD

DM:

Green: 30 (Shaken Until Round 5)
Hippocampus: 7


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art takes another stab

Rapier: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 5 + 2 = 17


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 41/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 4

ROW YOU SKALLYWAGS, ROW! Get me closer The gnome commands the boat crew.

SnapDragon Fireworks 2/5: 1d4 ⇒ 1 DC17 Or be dazzled

Lingering performance


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 4

Kiltem cries in outrage over the seacat tearing Lucky badly with its claws. Bolstered by the gnome’s magic he steps closer and hurls another ball of flame.

Ranged touch/throwing attack 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
produce flame damage 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

REF: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13 Slappy's spell dazzles the heavily injured sea cat!

A moment later, Kiltem's fire burns the sea monster enough to turn it belly up in the water!

For saving the hippocampus by defeating the sea cats, the party earns 2,400 X (I don't remember if I do individual or group.)

"Thank you! Thank you! My name is Jenesara." she speaks cordially as she coaxes the frightened hippocampus back into the water. "I watch over a hippocampus herd that grazes the undersea"

Once the hippocampus is back in the deep water she tosses Kiltem a pouch. When the druid looks inside he sees 50 button-sized disks of mother of pearl (worth 20 gp each.)


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky stabs at the....

Lucky looks around and realizes he missed his chance at revenge for his mauling and kicks at the corpse sullenly. He pulls himself back into the boat dripping a crimson river of blood and sea water.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

It is our pleasure to help, Jenesara. We thank you for the reward! I wonder...do you know anything of the lizard folk tribe who dwell here? We seek parley with them.

He reloads his gun after walking out of the water, while chatting.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

"I don't know much. I know that they are protective of their island, but they are not overtly hostile. Approach with peace and they may be open to trading with you."


Male Human Druid 5, HP 56/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:

Lucky stabs at the....

Lucky looks around and realizes he missed his chance at revenge for his mauling and kicks at the corpse sullenly. He pulls himself back into the boat dripping a crimson river of blood and sea water.

The druid lets the Capitan and others handle talking to Jenasara. Kiltem helps haul Lucky's bleeding body into the jolly boat and gives him a quick look over.

Heal 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

He uses the Wand of CLWs on him.

CLWs 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLWs 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLWs 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Kiltem again checks over the rogue's body and wounds. He is not gentle and his "bedside manner" is poor. He gives Lucky a nod and soundly claps him on the shoulder.

Lucky is back up to max hit points


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

he bows his head. thank you for the advice. How about suggestions on *where* to approach? While avoiding the other, less hospitable denizens we're aware of?


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 41/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Use Lormaster so a 20+skill on know Local +6 or ?? skill for anything special about Jenesara.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy doesn't know Jenesara at all, but knows a fair bit about her species. They resemble merfolk, except where a merman has a single fish tail, a triton has two scaly, finned legs. They are the watchers of the sea, often using dolphins or other aquatic creatures as mounts, and maintaining a vigil against the evil races below the waves. Originally hailing from the Plane of Water, long ago the triton race migrated to the oceans of the Material Plane, and they are now fully adapted to life there. Their split legs allow them to hobble about slowly on land, but they rarely do so, preferring their natural environment and the greater mobility their forms afford there.

To Art, "The island is mostly pockets of both I think. I... don't exactly spend a lot of time there. Sorry. The only other advice I can give you is to be careful on the smaller islands. The archelons can be cantankerous animals. Just be careful. I've had run ins with another creature native to this island, a right nasty fey named Thalessia. She's tried to steal my herd a few times. If you see her, well, the world won't miss her!"


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art gives the creature a full bow. You've been more than helpful, lady. You have our thanks, and we wish you safe travels. May your scales remain supple & colorful!

He turns to the crew. Are you boys ready? Lucky, you patched up? Let's move along, handsomely now!

2,501 to 2,550 of 2,578 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.