Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+5[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: NA


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,656 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The island town of Ngozu is just a bit to the West. It's a small town of Mwangi, and easy to make port without ruffling feathers. Little Oparra is the same, but tailors to Avistani crowds. You could go SOUTH a few days to Senghor too... It helps if you tell me how large a settlement you're looking for.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I say (in this one, specific case) size doesn't matter. It's more a question of proximity to the spot specified on the map--the closer the better.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The crew sets sail for Ngozu.

Knowledge (Local) DC 15:

Ngozu is home to a sizeable fleet of pirate vessels crewed by sailors of Mwangi heritage, nearly all of Bonuwat descent. Residents of the town are loyal devotees of the ancient Mwangi faith of juju, a religion committed to congress with the spirit world of wendo. Ajuoga Baas is the chief wendifa and ruler of the settlement.

Ngozu tolerates non-Mwangi ships, but Ngozu's rules are strict for non natives, and most laws involve "blood price" punishments.

3d100 ⇒ (21, 34, 89) = 144

After three days of easy sailing thanks to Kiltem's advice, the party approaches landfall. A few leagues out though, you spy easy pickings. A fishing trawler rides low in the water, heeling several degrees to port. It is obviously taking on water. The sails flap loosely from the yards and a fishing net drags in the water over the starboard side.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

This looks almost TOO easy...looks like it was abandoned! Let's intercept & investigate.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
This looks almost TOO easy...looks like it was abandoned! Let's intercept & investigate.

Can we see any people?

Sailors trying to fix things or pump water?
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem can tell that the ship has been this way for a while. He also notes that there's a lot of decay that doesn't match its current lilt. It's almost like the ship was placed here on purpose. Indeed, it's anchored into this position.

The druid also notes that there is movement in the water within the hold.

DM:

4d20 ⇒ (9, 13, 8, 15) = 45


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Interesting, Kiltem, glad we have your keen eyes! What say you all, shall we go a little closer--but not quite close enough to spring the trap?


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
Interesting, Kiltem, glad we have your keen eyes! What say you all, shall we go a little closer--but not quite close enough to spring the trap?

The burly druid shrugs, I dont know... Lets get ready and spring the trap. Kiltem smiles and raises his own meaty hands like he is ready to pounce. Let me cast a few spells for our strength right before we get there...


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

As the party begins their approach the druid asks PapaStorm for some blessing and protection.

First he casts BarkSkin on both himself and Delgado. I know you lead us from the front Capitan. This should give you a little bit more protection while you are being brave. +2 AC, lasts for 50 mins

Kiltem waits till they are very close. Then he reaches and touches Ko. The tall black skinned man feels his muscles pulse in a familiar way. He recognizes the druid's Bull's Strength magic. +2 hit/damage for 5 minutes. Hopefully long enough for the slayer to slay something

The druid draws no weapon. His club is tucked through his belt. He is wondering where the threat will be coming from. He takes the time to picture both his large squid form and his feathered bipedal reptile form, ready to quickly WildShape when the moment of truth arrives...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Ko: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Arthur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +2 on water terrain
Slappy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party can tell that there's something in the ship. The top deck is clearly devoid of anything, and it's cramped inside, but there's something...

The map represents the hold itself. In addition to the water squares being difficult terrain, anyone attacking from north to south gains the +1 bonus for higher ground. The DC for all Acrobatics checks on the uneven surface are increased by 5.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

How deep do we guess it is in the deepest section of the deck? Like waist deep?

The druid ponders what WILDSHAPE would be better...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Waist deep.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Kiltem Stormcrow wrote:
First he casts BarkSkin on both himself and Delgado. I know you lead us from the front Capitan. This should give you a little bit more protection while you are being brave. +2 AC, lasts for 50 mins

Art gives Kiltem a bow with a smirk. Too kind, sir!

lemme get this straight--the officers are on one of the boats approaching this vessel, correct? I'm going off of that assumption...

As they get closer, Art speaks to the officers. It's a pretty good bet that whatever is in there knows we're here. I'm going to give them a chance to bugger off without violence.

*unless someone objects!!*

As they approach the hole, Art raises his voice. Ho there! We be pirates, and we're claiming the contents of this vessel. If you meet us with violence, expect to be repaid threefold!! Or, choose to live another day and stand down--but we're coming aboard.

He's ready to jump into the ship through the hole, hoping at least one other of his mates is right behind him...


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
Kiltem Stormcrow wrote:
First he casts BarkSkin on both himself and Delgado. I know you lead us from the front Capitan. This should give you a little bit more protection while you are being brave. +2 AC, lasts for 50 mins

Art gives Kiltem a bow with a smirk. Too kind, sir!

lemme get this straight--the officers are on one of the boats approaching this vessel, correct? I'm going off of that assumption...

As they get closer, Art speaks to the officers. It's a pretty good bet that whatever is in there knows we're here. I'm going to give them a chance to bugger off without violence.

*unless someone objects!!*

As they approach the hole, Art raises his voice. Ho there! We be pirates, and we're claiming the contents of this vessel. If you meet us with violence, expect to be repaid threefold!! Or, choose to live another day and stand down--but we're coming aboard.

He's ready to jump into the ship through the hole, hoping at least one other of his mates is right behind him...

I think we should just jump onto the deck, rather than the hold, but whatever. Kiltem will follow the Capitan

The druid pauses two rounds, one for WildShape and another to cast Greater Magic Fang on himself. Than the beast hops onto the deck.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I can get behind that...

change above to "ready to jump onto the deck..."

so, Jump onto the deck, dammit!!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Well, there's no enemy, so we're not in combat.

No one answers the captain's hail. Kiltem and Art both take the deck. It's slippery, but not too bad.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid starts searching the deck looking for danger and loot

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem finds nothing of note on the deck.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Kiltem finds nothing of note on the deck.

Even in the watery part of the deck? The druid splashes around


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

That represents the hold. You've actually already confirmed that there's nothing topside.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid has a touch of the sea for someone. Who wants to go into the drink?

Hold on. Kiltem has already blown his 3rd level spell. If we want to come back later he can a WaterBreathing spell for the party and 3 Touch of the Sea spells. Shall we come back later?


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

from slack, the hold is up to waist deep water.

The druid stands perched on the edge of the hold. The feathered reptilian form is exotic looking, but the huge claw on either scaled foot is deadly looking.
Unable to speak Deinonychus-Kiltem looks at the others and then down into the hold. As the others come closer and look ready, the druid hops down in.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is right behind Kiltesaurus


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Well I guess the best way to search for a trap is to spring it without looking.

Slappy moves down to where the boat is listing, and looks to see what the boat is resting on, and to see if that might be a problem.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Oof

As soon as Art enters the hold a quartet of sahuagin burst from the water and behind a barrel, ready to catch an easy mark!

Foes: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Art: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Kiltem: Go

Sahuagin: TBD


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The feathered reptile throws its toothy jaws up and makes a strange sound. Tough to tell if it is terrifying or funny. Truth is the druid is laughing as he is deliriously happy to be starting combat wildshaped and with multiple enchantments ALREADY cast!


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky swims towards the opening twice


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 1

The neck deep water confounds the gnome for a moment as he starts to give some inspiring words to the crew the salt water fills his mouth. It sounds something similar to an Azurothian murlcok.

Inspire confidence


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
Art is right behind Kiltesaurus

Shouldn’t Kiltem & Art be in there together?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

[ooc]Corrected map to more accurately denote what's going down. The dinghy is only 5' out. Slappy is on the map, and Kiltem got in just after Art.

Slappy starts the party off with one of his better routines!

Round 1:
Slappy: Bard
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Kiltem: Go

Sahuagin: TBD


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko pushes in with his cutlass at the ready. He ducks a clawed slash and swipes at the beast's belly.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 10
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 14
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 18
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 15


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

As Ko swipes the rotting deck collapse beneath his foot plunging his leg almost hip deep into the briny drink. He face plants onto the hilt of his cutlass, drawing the battle's first blood as he splits his lip on his own weapon.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky squirms past Art and turns to his right, coming face to face with a horrifying sea hag.

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: 30/30

Attack - Short Sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is shocked—yet pleased—at his mates joining the battle so fast. He glances at Kilresaurus...WHO’S leading from the front??

He strides up to engage the same scrag as Lucky—who forgot to add damage for Slappy’s song (and doesn’t he get sneak attack on flat footed foe?)—drawing his new sword on the move. He aims carefully and tries to pierce the creature in the eye. Use 1 panache for Precise Strike. if I can flank w/Lucky in 1 move I will

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 10 = 21


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

addendum: While advancing toward the creature in the water, Art draws his gun so as to keep the powder dry--he's about to blow one of tehse things' heads off...

Can't get into a flank with Lucky as teh terrain doesn't allow it


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Ok so per texts... Lucky realizes he isn't swimming (no need to worry about piercing vs. Slashi g) and the guy is FF (sneak attack possible)

So... if S allows:

Attack roll for Sneak attack Kukri #1 is 15 + 7 = 22
Damage is 1 + 4 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) = 9.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage

Lucky realizes he can only take a single swipe at the creature because he already moved.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Enchantments in place: BarkSkin +2 AC for both Delgado and Kiltem

Bull's Str +2 hit/damage Ko

Greater Magic Fang Kiltem

Round 1

Deinonychus-Kiltem charges forward near the Capitan. He lashes out w/ his right claw/talon at the fish-man.

Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 13
gmf claw 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art opens with a quick thrust. The sahuagin tries a weak parry with a trident, but Art disengages and strikes clean through the heart, dropping the creature!

Ko tries to follow it up, but fumbles the approach. His stumbling elicits laughter from the sahuagin.

Lucky makes a quick cut to the one hiding in the rotting and salt-encrusted crates. The blow isn't fatal, but it's obviously severe as the bloodied enemy turns from confident to terrified.

Kiltem, still getting used to this new form, misses with the massive claw. The remaining foes quickly respond:

Lucky's foe tries to return the attack with a quick thrust of the trident, followed by a bite:
Trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 MISS
Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 for DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 which catches his deltoid!

Ko faces a similar attack from one.
Trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 MISS
Bite: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 + 1 = 20 THREAT
Bite Confirm: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 + 1 = 16 DMG: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5. This foe seems a bite quicker with his teeth!

As does Dino-Kiltem:
Trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 MISS
Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 MISS
but the druid quickly adapts to defense.

Round 2:
Slappy: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Kiltem: Go

Sahuagin: TBD

DM:

Green: 10


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art moves around (avoiding the AoO) and stabs at Blue who is threatening Ko. He angles Tooth to strike right at this beast's gills...

use 1 panache for extra damage

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 = 30
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 10 = 21

confirm: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10

and the blade pierces through to the other side with a WICKED thrust!!


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 2

Dino-Kiltem splashes into the shallow water and flanks with Ko. Now in a better position the druid lashes out in a jumping motion. Its not unlike a rooster during a cock fight. The feathered reptile slashes with both of its "feet" using the long talon on each. But unlike a rooster the deinonychus also bites with a toothy maw and even manages to use its small foreclaws to its advantage as well!

Full Attack!

First attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 21
Gmf talon 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 11

2nd attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 24
Gmf talon 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 11

3rd attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 18
bite 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

4th attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 + 2 = 16
foreclaws 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art pulls back from his first kill and drives his blade through the throat of another, only to slice sideways, nearly cutting its head off!

Meanwhile Kiltem shreds his foe to ribbons. The water in the hold turns a purple color, and nearly opaque with blood.

Round 2:
Slappy: Go
Art: Kill
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go

Kiltem: Kill
Sahuagin: TBD

DM:

Green: 10


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko scrabbles to his feet and thrusts upward with savage force.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 21
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 16


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's follow up slash is a much better showing than his first.

In fewer than 10 seconds, the officer's club finds themselves alone in the hold.

For cutting the sahuagin to ribbons, each pirate earns 480 XP.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The strange eyes of Deinonychus-Kiltem look over at the Capitan. The movements are strange and unhuman though Delgado believes he can see approval for his quick dispatch of two foe.

The druid keeps his strange form and begins to search the hold. He first casts Detect Magic all around the room.

Then he begins to search more methodically.
Perception Take Ten 10 + 11 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art gives Kiltesaurus a serious fencer’s salute, clearing the blade of blood with the downward whip. Excellent work, friends. Let’s see is there is anything of value...

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Each of the four sahuagin is wearing a platinum necklace. Kiltem discovers that one of the necklaces radiates faintly of evocation magic...


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Rule # ?? Find the lair

Slappy will identify each of the necklaces.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

the ship's probably not in any condition to salvage, is it?

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,656 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.