Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+5[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: NA


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,642 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky and Kiltem lead the way into the hole. Within the shipwreck is.... nothing! You've been had! The dragon has indeed picked the wreck clean.

After a search that pushes the limits of the water breathing magic, you turn to leave.

Immediately the sounds of naval combat fill your ears. Men cry, masts snap, and the sounds of planks being chewed up up crescendos in your ears!

A man appears! No, not a man, the image of a man. This spectral, horrifying figure glides silently through the water, passing through solid objects as if they didn’t exist. Knowledge (Religion) DC 17 to identify

The ghostly figure screams at some unseen foe before turning on you. "Traitors! Mutineers! I'll have you all drawn and quartered for betraying his majesty!" The man's accent is a thick Opparan style that makes him sound like he's from another time.

He draws a ghostly blade and attacks!

Foes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Ko:
Art: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Ghostly Sailor: TBD
Kiltem: TBD


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art casts about for more foes, wondering if fighting this thing is worth the effort--and doubting it.

I'm thinking...bail? I don't think I can do ANYthing to this creature.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Know Relig untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

You see what we have here is a failure to communicate die properly.... Slappy will assist whomever is making the check I assume Kiltem

Slappy works his brain, trying to remember any stories of this sunken ship, more specifically any tales of it’s Captain.

Know Local+Barroom tailspinner trait: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26 DC15 to remember any stories

In remembering any of the story, Slappy wonders if he can calm the spirit down enough to let it release itself to the afterlife.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Sandor quickly wracks his brain.... wait! Wait!

....The unendurable anguish of having never spoken to Belina of his love caused Halid’s spirit to break.... she might have loved him, but didn't know. Maybe a gift, a necklace.... a necklace.

THE necklace! The story comes to back to Slappy in fragments. The captain died before he could deliver a necklace to his love! But where is the necklace?! It went down with the captain!

That took Slappy a full round. The wreck here is a mess. If you want to find the necklace you can spend a round making a Perception check. The higher your check the better (normally it's a yes/no skill.)
Finding the necklace requires you to search through the rubble. Pass a DC 20 and you'll sift through by doing dice of "damage" to the mess.
Once the mess is at zero, you'll find it. The ghost isn't waiting though. It's anguish is such that it's attacking no matter what.

Round 1:
Slappy: Thinking!
Ko: Go
Art: Go
Lucky: Go

Ghostly Sailor: TBD
Kiltem: TBD


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art watches the "action", the ghost's anguish & Slappy's thinking. Slappy smacks his forehead with his palm, and mimes a necklace with his hands on his own neck, mouthing "NECKLACE!!' then pointing to the detritus of the wreck. Art takes the hint and starts searching.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art frantically starts looking 1d6 ⇒ 4 If you beat a DC 15, roll a d4. A 20 = d6. A 25 = d8, A 30 = d10. This represents your progress.

He doesn't find the necklace, but keeps looking!

Round 1:
Slappy: Thinking!
Ko: Go
Art: Search
Lucky: Go
Ghostly Sailor: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

KP: 4
Ghost: 0


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Keeping his eyes on the ghostly guardian, Ko searches through the rubble.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

1d6 ⇒ 4


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: Medium lol

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Progress: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Lucky starts carefully sifting through the junk, gathered seaweed, and sandy seabed looking for a glint of booty...


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

(Hoping the ghost doesn't come after him, and after Pal-o-mari)
Round 2

After his furious pantomime, and the Captain's quick understanding, Slappy joins the search.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko, opting to search instead of fight joins Lucky and Slappy in searching for the necklace. The ghostly sailor continues to spew near incoherent lines about mutiny, love, and betrayal.

The ghost becomes extremely violent. The water near Ko and Art begins to swirl and slam into them! DMG: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 REF DC 18 for half.

Round 1:
Kiltem: Go

Round 2:
Ko: Go
Art: Go
Lucky: Go

Ghostly Sailor: ATK
Kiltem TBD

DM:

KP: 16
Ghost: 0


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko rolls with the blasting waters.

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

The blast of swirling water slams Ko into rotting timbers and jumbled wreckage. Bruised and battered, Ko wriggles free to continue his search.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Druid 5, HP 40//56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 1

Squid-Kiltem was unsure of what to do when the strange spirit started shouting curses at them. But when Ko gets attacked, the druid swam into action. His short tentacles propelled his weird body forward and a long grabber tentacle lashed out w/ magical enhancement.

Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 19
greater magic tentacle 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem, one of only two who can even harm the ghost lashes out with a tentacle. The noodly appendage passes through the ghost, but there's some resistance, and the spectral sailor is obviously weakened by it.

Ko continues to frantically search for the necklace, banking on Slappy's idea.

Round 2:
Ko: Search
Art: Go
Lucky: Go

Ghostly Sailor: ATK
Kiltem TBD

DM:

KP: 18
Ghost: 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Second
  • Current HPs: Ok but not great

Perception... no wait - Depth Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Lucky snickers at his mental joke and continues to scour the area for booty.

1d6 ⇒ 6


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Giving Lucky +1 for the pun.

Lucky finds a cache of gathered items! There's a barnacle encrusted rapier, a trunk of decayed clothes.... there might be a necklace in here!

Round 2:
Ko: Search
Art: Go
Lucky: Search
Ghostly Sailor: ATK
Kiltem TBD

DM:

KP: 25
Ghost: 6


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Seeing Slappy's success (and feeling an itch in his teeth ...someone just thought a good pun... Art dArts down to help search the chest for the necklace.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
search-p: 1d8 ⇒ 1 --get it? "search-p" instead of "HP?"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Not as good. No bonus for you.

Art sees Lucky's progress and rushes over to help, tossing a few things as he goes, hoping to find something...

The ghost's attention turns to Kiltem. Somehow the act of being struck snapped him from some of the insane horror of his condition. He reaches forth and simply touches Kiltem! Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18. The touch is pure agony! DMG: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 2, 2) = 14! Kiltem might be able to resist. Make a DC 15 FORT and you'll take only half damage.

Round 2:
Kiltem: Go

Round 3:
Ko: Go
Art: Go
Lucky: Go

Ghostly Sailor: TBD
Kiltem TBD

DM:

KP: 26
Ghost: 6


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Dungeon Master S wrote:

I concur. How about this: finding anything out about the ghost is DEATH perception???

Art continues to rifle through the trunk junk

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 faaaaak


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 3

JaJar Slappy thinks “Meesah used to being over looked over on the init list, because meesah is soooo short.” he then harkens back to the first days of sailing with his new friends and cleaning the bilges. He casts prestidigitate to help “clean” an area relying on his sharp eyes more than his muscle.

Of course Slappy thinks that by mentioning DMS’ favorite Star Wars character he might have to make a Death Perception Check the captain has mentioned

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Human Druid 5, HP 40//56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Fort save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Round 2

Squid-Kiltem makes not a sound but his skin rapidly changes back and forth from pale white to a bright red. Sort of a cephalopod scream.

The druid lashes out both of his dangerous grabber tentacles at the spirit.
Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 22
tentacle 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13

Attack 2 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 28
tentacle 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13

The small part of Kilt’s mind still thinking knows its no use even trying to bite at the watery ghost.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy, avoiding death by the narrowest of margins, dives forward at the glint of metal. He grabs the necklace and holds it aloft. The ghost sees the object of his torment...

Right as Squid-Kiltem tries to crush him again. This time the druid finds the ghostly figure very corporeal. Shockingly the ghost begins to glow. The light gets brighter and brighter until everyone is forced to look away...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

When everyone's eyes open, there's no sign of the tormented sailor. Instead the entire hold now scintillates. Every surface in the area is now covered with crystallized barnacles. Slappy pries one off and examines it. When the short one's eyes widen the party knows they've found a reward after all.

It'll take the rest of the day and some of tomorrow, especially with magic running short, but the party estimates that there's a lot of treasure.

For laying the ghost to rest, each pirate earns 800 XP. The total haul is 4 points of plunder. Additionally, the barnacle encrusted rapier itself now glows a bit with the ghost's light, and radiates magic.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 40//56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Later on board the ship, Slappy checks out the magic rapier. Kiltem practices his fledgling talent and tries to assist.

Slappy spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Kiltem assist 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The burly druid does his best but he is obviously still learning. Luckily the cunning gnome knows his stuff!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy concludes that the rapier, which has no name, is a +1 rapier which sheds light per a torch. The barnacles which were crystallized in the ghost's death throes have hardened and now allow the wielder to also do bludgeoning damage.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is well pleased at the haul--particularly the ugly, yet fine, weapon. Well done, everyone! This was certainly an adventure--and all of us had a big part to play. We'll need some songs about this one, Slappy!!

rules stuff:
You and I will have to discuss how this weapon will work with the Swashbuckler class, Sarge. Another topic of discussion on the plane ride, methinks?


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Surfacing and climbing onto the boat the dripping gnome immediately casts a spell that starts to dry him and put his hair back into place.

With a beaming smile and dancing a small jig WOOOOO!!! OH but of course Captain it is a grand story to be told. A dragon, A REAL LIFE DRAGON, not to mention great white sharks and a ghost!!! Did you see Pal-o-Mari he tore right into those sharks. But Captain your bravery led us to greatness..

Slappy notices the questioning looks from the crew as they paused to listen. He then does his best Kiltem impersonation. Hey Back to work the haul down below won’t load itself. Just because Kiltem isn’t here ta push ya I sure will. . Slappy finishes with a giggle

Performance Oratory: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Diplomacy(improve crew morale and loyalty): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party hauls in a fair bit of loot. Slappy gets the crew working efficiently. As the last of the barnacles get scraped up, one of the crew calls over the officers.

A map case was recovered which still contains a map of the Shackles. It's marked up a bit with handwriting. Knowledge (Geography) to examine it for anything interesting.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

drats not a know I have yet

Know Geo untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12. assist someone ??


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Uhhh... idk what happened. Take 10 know Geography = 17


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko similarly adds his topographical knowledge to deciphering the map.

Know-Geo take 10 = 16


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Slappy Wundershart wrote:
But Captain your bravery led us to greatness

Slappy, what you say may be true...but what IS true is this: a man can be brave far more easily with men such as YOU slobs behind him!!

The Captain assists in the hauling of the loot


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party gathers around the map. The childhood tails of treasure maps are often fables, but it doesn't stop the hopeful, especially with pirating in their blood. While most of the map seems typical there's one spot the group manages to catch that's foreign to them. The island is called simply "Warvil’s Folly." It wouldn't seem like much, but scrawled in a strong forward tilting cursive under it is the word "someday."

Currently the Pirhana is carrying 6 points of plunder. That's 60 tons. The ship's hold (not including smuggler's holds) can handle 150 tons (15 plunder). You're welcomed to follow the lead on the map, go to port and shop/research/etc, or go find a juicy merchant ship and take it, or anything else.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 40//56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Trying to do some research on Warvil’s Folly is probably the smart thing to do.
But Kiltem is happy to head straight there.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

hard to see maps from where I am...where is Warvil's Folly in relation to our current location, and to any friendly (or as-yet-unknown disposition) ports of call?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

West a few days. There are no ports of note between you and there. You could go back east to Bloodcove, or strike out some place new and spread your name. There's still a lot of cargo space left too. Your call.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

You know what, pirates? I'm feeling lucky--that was a small "l", keep your adolescent antics out of this!!--I think we should strike west, and see this Warvil's Folly for ourselves!! Convince me otherwise...or weigh anchor!


Male Human Druid 5, HP 40//56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
You know what, pirates? I'm feeling lucky--that was a small "l", keep your adolescent antics out of this!!--I think we should strike west, and see this Warvil's Folly for ourselves!! Convince me otherwise...or weigh anchor!

Kiltem’s screw up for a second, he is thinking but doesnt get the joke the Capitan is alluding to. He shrugs and wastes no more precious brain power on it. Moving on he is ready to head for Warvil’s Folly. I will lay a course Capitan. Do you think its anywhere near Seward’s Folly?

The druid starts studying the winds and waves to plot the best course.
Survival 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

"The mapmaker write 'someday' for a reason... he didnt simply sail straight there. Why? We need to find out before we splinter our ship on some rocks or meet another dragon with no preparation. Find a port close by, but not in the wrong direction. Offload our plunder, spread our names, and find out why our cartographer friend was reluctant to charge straight for this island."

Lucky grins, "And if we spot a juicy target on the horizon, laying low in the drink with her holds full of loot, then all the better!"


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

You make a good point, Lucky. I’m still feeling lucky, Lucky, so let’s see if any other officers agree with you...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

So if you're heading to a port, I need to know which one. Use the strategic maps to pick.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Very wise VERY WISE INDEED Mr D’Endrin Slappy says with his over exaggerated thinking face while pacing back and forth. I would suggest a larger port of call to get more value on our goods and open up our purchasing options. But not one so large we run into Captain Harrigan. That’s a fight I’d like to put off till we have many more resources.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

While Kiltem is clear on a course where ever you may wish to sail, you still need a destination. If you give me something specific (A port with >5,000 people, the closest town, etc) and a Geography check, I can help.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Let's go for, in this order: 1) the closest town/port, 2) a port with >5000 souls. I don't have Know(G), neither does Slappy. I can't see lucky's char sheet.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky ponders geographical imponerables...

Know: Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

OOC- Mike, gimme your email so I can invite you to see my dood.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 40//56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid creates a heading for whatever port the rogue comes up with.

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,642 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.