Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+5[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: NA


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,647 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko follows them into the drink!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky wonders if Squid Kilt would make a nice plate of Kilt-amari. A little batter, fried up, some red peppers and a little lemon juice...

...or would it be "pal"amari?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party dives into the water. Visibility within the atoll is excellent. It doesn't take long though for yet another obstacle to block any buried treasure; a pair of creatures emerge from the wreck. They're hybrid of human and shark and each holds a spear menacingly, thick, glistening saliva floating like ribbons from razor-sharp teeth.

For the moment it's a stand-off as they eye you...


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art moves to the fore of the group. He makes a show at looking back at each of his friends, then looks each of the creatures in the eye, and slowly shakes his head, hand on rapier.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Knowledge (Nature) DC 14 to ID
Art does his level best, and indeed the two seem cowed a bit by his show. Their reaction is immediate. A pair of great white sharks move to their sides from the depths of the wreck!

Still though, they don't attack...


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Squid-Kiltem looks at the shark creatures with his strange black eyes. He tries to recall what he has learned about sea creatures...

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Adaros! Kiltem has heard of such creatures before. That saliva is extremely poisonous (and likely on their spears too.) They can also telepathically communicate with sharks. The good news is, they're not overly hale and far less of a challenge than their shark pets. Kiltem also knows they're cruel and evil to the core....


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Squid-Kiltem's color fluctuates in anger. The cephalopod moves forward clearly ready for a watery battle. Kilt tries not to get too far ahead of his bipedal comrades.

Spells in effect

BarkSkin AC 16

Greater Magic Fang


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem's motion is enough to trigger an end to the standoff!

Foes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Lucky: Go
Foes: TBD
Kiltem: TBD
Ko: TBD
Art: TBD
Slappy: TBD

Currently the water is 20'. While breathing is taken care of, movement is NOT.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: 38/38

Reminder, Lucky has a swim speed of 10 due to an Unchained Rogue Skill Unlock

Lucky swims as fast as he can to support Kilt...

(Double move straight east)


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky moves up to the vanguard as the natives split up to execute a pincer move! One shark and adaro has to swim around the wreck, the other races towards Kiltem! Kiltem, your AC is 20, not 16 :-) Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 The shark gets hold of the squid and tears a lot of flesh out. DMG: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 1) + 10 = 19 and BLEED: 1d6 ⇒ 6.

The other adaro charges Lucky with its spear! Stab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 for DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10. It's poisoned! Make a FORT Save DC 15

Round 1:
Lucky: Move
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: Go (Bleeding)
Ko: Go
Art: Go
Slappy: Go

Currently the water is 20'. While breathing is taken care of, movement is NOT.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 1

Squid-Kiltem readies for the huge shark's approach. The squid's eight shorter arms close together pointing toward the shark. Just before the big fish bites the eight shorter tentacles flare out and the two longer arms shoot out attacking the shark. Blood clouds the water as the two come together.

Full Attack

Attack 1 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 16
tentacle 1 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 12

Attack 2 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 1 = 13
tentacle 2 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

Attack 3 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 1 = 10
bite 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is aghast at the size of teh bite the shark took out of Kiltem. He whips out his rapier in a near panic, and tries to stab the one threatening him right in the eye.

spend 1 panache for extra Precise Strike damage

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 10 = 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem's shark bite continues to bleed! DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 3. The squid and Art alike try to attack the shark, but all of their attacks fail as the shark continues to savage Kiltem!

Round 1:
Lucky: Move
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: Miss (Bleeding)
Ko: Go
Art: Miss
Slappy: Go


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko pulls his cutlass as he rushes pass the threatening beast and towards its pelagic master.

moved


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 1

The gnomes eyes narrow and are widened by witnessing the mobility of the sharks in the water. Using the water breathing bestowed by Kelized he attempts to thundercall the shark and adaro to the south of him, while swimming to the east.

Thundercall: 1d8 ⇒ 7. Fort Save DC 17 save or be stunned 1 rd


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko closes risking a bite from the shark Bite AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, but sneaks by!

Slappy uses his signature move! FORT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29. The shark easily resists the stun, but it's primal anger shifts!

Round 2:
Lucky: Go
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: TBD
Ko: TBD
Art: TBD
Slappy: TBD

DM:

Green shark: 7


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Saving Throw!: 1d20 ⇒ 11 plus...
Fort: +3 | Ref: +9 | Will +2

Lucky feels poison creeping through his system... it is painful, but he hopes to remain viable through this fight.

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: 28/38
  • Poisoned

Lucky draws his trusty old shortsword... he scoots past the native creature and attacks it with a thrusting stab.

Sneak Attack - Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 for Normal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky barely avoids the paralytic poison. barely.

Lucky, scooting into a flank position means both the shark-man AND the shark would get to bite you. Great White sharks have tremendously fast reflexes... You sure you want to do it?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

[Adaro FORT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Slappy's crack catches the adaro unaware. The damage is bad, but the real benefit is giving Lucky an opening. The rogue darts around and flanks with his squid companion! With a mighty stab he draws a lot of blood from the creature! The adaro is clearly and severely injured. Another wound even remotely as severe will do it in.

It's enough to draw the ire of both, but only the shark moves:
Great White Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, and takes a bite out of the man DMG: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 5) + 10 = 17 and Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

On the other front, the two foes split their attention. The shark bites at Art: Great White Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20, and draws a lot of blood DMG: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 2) + 10 = 20 and Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The adaro focuses on Ko jabbing and biting:
Spear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
But the big man has little trouble avoiding the clumsy attacks.

Round 2:
Lucky: Stab
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: Go take Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5 at the start of your turn.
Ko: Go
Art: Go
Slappy: Go

DM:

Green shark: 7
Green Adaro: 24


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is seeing red...simply because of all the blood in the water. Another bite like that and he's sushi.

Wishing he had his gun & was not underwater, he takes another careful stab at the shark.

use 1 panache for precise strike

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 10 = 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art sticks the shark in the flank! IT's a solid hit, but not enough to scare the fish off.

Round 2:
Lucky: Stab
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: Go take Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5 at the start of your turn.
Ko: Go
Art: Hit
Slappy: Go

DM:

Green shark: 7
Green Adaro: 24
Blue Shark: 15


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:

Kiltem's shark bite continues to bleed! [dice=DMG]d6. The squid and Art alike try to attack the shark, but all of their attacks fail as the shark continues to savage Kiltem!

Round 1:
Lucky: Move
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: Miss (Bleeding)
Ko: Go
Art: Miss
Slappy: Go

DM, You already gave me bleed damage this round


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 2

Squid-Kiltem has taken some serious damage from this shark. Seeing only red he brings a full attack to the fish.

Attack 1 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 25
Tentacle 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 12

Attack 2 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 19
Tentacle 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

Attack 3 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 1 = 10
Bite 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Grab 1 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29

Grab 2 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Yeah bleed SUCKS. It happens when you're hit AND the beginning of your round every round until someone heals at least 1 HP.

Kiltem fights back, even as he continues to bleed. Two tentacles pull and tear. The suction cups get a hold on the shark! The shark twists to try and flee, but is currently held fast and even more wounded than Squid-Kiltem!

Round 2:
Lucky: Stab
Foes: Move!
Kiltem: Hit (Bleeding)
Ko: Go
Art: Hit
Slappy: Go

DM:

Green shark: 32
Green Adaro: 24
Blue Shark: 15


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Harisko "Ko" wrote:

Ko pulls his cutlass as he rushes pass the threatening beast and towards its pelagic master.

moved

Remember Ko, you have the Tidewater Cutlass. Please give yourself the +1 hit/damage


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko slips inside a spear thrust and responds with a thrust of his own!

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 25
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 13
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 24
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 12


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 2

The gnome puffs his cheeks out and slaps both cheeks the bubble streaks towards the shark and adaro growing in size. It explodes in a thunder clap when it reaches it's destination.

Thundercall: 1d8 ⇒ 4 DC16 Fort save or be stunned 1 rd


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's blade is expertly placed. The adaro jerks back away from the blade, but it's too late. Blood pours forth into the water and the creature is dead in seconds.

Shark FORT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Adaro FORT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Slappy's thunder echoes through the water. Both foes keep their whits, though the concussive blast does a number on them.

Round 3:
Lucky: Go (Bleeding)
Foes: TBD
Kiltem: TBD
Ko: TBD
Art: TBD
Slappy: TBD

DM:

Green shark: 36
Blue Adaro: 4
Blue Shark: 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Second
  • Current HPs:28/38
  • Bleedin'

Bleedin' Nose Eh: 1d6 ⇒ 5 (HP: 23/38)

Lucky swims around the shark until he flanks the fearsome apex predator. Facing the creature's tail seems much more sensible to the pirate anyway, but with all the thrashing g around, the terrifying teeth seem to almost follow him!

Sneak Attack - Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 for Normal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) = 11.

•  Target is Disoriented: –2 to Attack, -4 to Attack vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage

Confirm! Sneak Attack - Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 for Normal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

They're not stunned. You know that draws two AoOs, yes?


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Per textversation with the Most Benificent DMS: Edit...
Skipping the move. Killing Adaro.

Sorry... driving


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky runs the adaro through with his blade! With the two leaders dead, the wounded sharks decide that easier meals are to be had. They swim off as quickly as possible.

Still, the party isn't safe yet as half their number continues to bleed out....

Round 3:
Lucky: Kill (Bleeding) AoO on Green
Foes: FLEE!
Kiltem: Go (Bleeding) AoO on Green
Ko: Go
Art: Go AoO on Blue (Bleeding)
Slappy: Go

DM:

Green shark: 36
Blue Shark: 15


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 3

Squid-Kiltem's cephalopod body stays clinging to the shark. He brings a full attack on the great fish

What does Kilt need to do to maintain his grapple? Does that keep this shark from fleeing?

Attack 1 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 15
Tentacle 1 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13

Attack 2 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 29
Tentacle 2 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

Attack 3 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 1 = 22
bite 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Attack of Opportunity on Shark 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 + 2 = 25
tentacle 1d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Actually, that was my bad, that shark can't simply go. Each round you have to maintain the grapple, but get a bonus for having had it in the previous round. You get other options too, like straight damage. Grappling is the most complicated thing in 1st Edition Pathfinder, but the flow chart HERE helps. The green shark was close to death, so while Lucky will miss, Kiltem will crush it to death. Even with a crit, Art can't kill the other, so

One shark flees for it's life while the other has its blood literally squeezed out by squid-Kiltem.

For defeating two great white sharks and the adaro, each pirate earns 800 XP. There's also the shipwreck nearby...


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art quickly pulls out & downs a potion of CMW will subtract 1 for the bleed

CMW: 2d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (5, 7) + 3 - 1 = 14

He pulls out a second potion, handing it over to Kiltem.

"group treasure" CMW, bottoms up Cal E. Mari


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky is also bleeding.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

True, but I thought Kiltem's bite(s) taken out were bigger.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
True, but I thought Kiltem's bite(s) taken out were bigger.

The Kiltem sized squid manages to take the CMWs potion in his dangerous looking parrot like beak and drink it.

CMWs 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 1) + 3 = 11

Slappy also remembers that since 5th level Kiltem handed over the party’s CLWs wand. Which could help Lucky.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Slappy pulls out the party’s precious CLWs Wand. He uses it on Lucky to stop his bleeding.

1. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

2. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 14 hps cured for Lucky

Now that our heroes are no longer chumming the waters, Squid-Kiltem moves closer to the wreck and starts scanning for dangers and loot.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem begins to look about. The water near the ship is earily calm despite the action of just a moment ago. The other crew members follow the squid.

After nearly 20 minutes of searching, it seems that it was all a lie, there's no treasure. The dragon Kalizar really did pick it clean.

That's when you start to hear whispers in your ear. No, not whispers, wind. You hear wind below the waves. There's also the sound of the ship creaking and sail snapping. You look at the wreck and see that hatches and barnacle encrusted line sway as if the ship is still sailing, though there is no current.

A shift in one of the hatches reveals a coral-lined hole to a passage you didn't notice before.

It looks like it leads into a smuggler's hold. Within you can't see much. It's dark, very dark...


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Squid-Kiltem edges closer and casts a Light orison to illuminate things. He and Slapster also occasionally cast Detect Magic to assist in searching


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Dungeon Master S wrote:
That's when you start to hear whispers in your ear. No, not whispers, wind. You hear wind below the waves. There's also the sound of the ship creaking and sail snapping. You look at the wreck and see that hatches and barnacle encrusted line sway as if the ship is still sailing, though there is no current.

This seems decidedly atypical. We can't speak under here, can we?

Art signals that they should surface.

Anyone ever hear of anything like this before? Haunted, maybe? Or something less sinister?


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Know... Local?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

the party surfaces to discuss the situation.

Haunted ghost ship stories are a copper a dozen in every port in the Inner Sea. Kiltem's Light spell seems to work to illuminate the hole. Lucky doesn't remember any specific tales here though.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Well, we paid in blood & risk to get here. Nothing else but to move forward...unless anyone has any preparations to suggest?


Male Human Druid 5, HP 30/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
Well, we paid in blood & risk to get here. Nothing else but to move forward...unless anyone has any preparations to suggest?

Agreed, Squid-Kilt is happy to lead w/ trapspotting Lucky

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,647 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.