Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+5[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: NA


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,664 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art takes the time to clear his misfired gun, then sheath his weapons, and get ready to help the trapped crew escape once Lucky is done.

SLAPPY!! When the battle is done, maybe you can give Lucky some encouraging words?

in a lower voice, he addresses Lucky calmly. Do what needs to be done, my friend. Stay focused.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Sure my words of encouragement will be Ko and Kiltem smashing the door to splinters, like they are going to do to these pirates if they don't surrender.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art preps to help while Kiltem continues to take two at a time.

2d100 ⇒ (47, 81) = 128 Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, but fog and skill prove more than a match for them.

Round 5:
Kiltem: Go

Round 6: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Lock: 5 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Sixth
  • Current HPs: 26/30

Lucky shoots a look over his shoulder to Art, "Maybe a little back rub would help...?" and he continues his work on the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 5

Still shrouded in magical fog the druid manages to fight off two marines. His teeth are bared but its a death's head grin. Kiltem recognizes Slappy's cries to drop the fog spell. I got more killing to do... he thinks to himself and manages to set up a powerful swing hoping to crush one of the marines.

Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 10
Shillelagh 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 15

EVERYONE hears the druid's loud screams of frustration.

Can Kilt drop the fog w/ a swift action? If so he will do this


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:
    Round the Sixth
  • Current HPs: 26/30

Lucky shoots a look over his shoulder to Art, "Maybe a little back rub would help...?" and he continues his work on the lock.

[dice=Disable Device]1d20+14

maybe later, if you get this door open...

Art has no intention of leaving a crewman alone on a burning ship...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Dropping the fog is a STANDARD ACTION

Lucky works with Art guarding him from any hidden threats. Meanwhile the two of them both hear Kiltem's shouts, though they don't sound like pain.

Round 6: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Guard
Ko: Go
Lucky: Progress
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Lock: 4 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

In some other scenarios I've seen folks make Reflex saves or similar checks to put out a fire. Can I do something similar? Find a bucket & douse where we're working to slow the fire's progress, something like that?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

In this case, the ship is WAY too on fire. If you're intent on helping Lucky I recommend making active perception checks.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I like it...
Round 5
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

round 6
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

I would guess one of them was in charge, and might have a key :D.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art notices that the dead marine near him has keys! Unfortunately it's a ring FULL of keys! Lucky could make a DD check to pick the key out.

Round 6: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Guard
Ko: Go
Lucky: Progress
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Lock: 4 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

DD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 6 Ko's action

Ko takes a small step forward and gives a signal of waving fog from his eyes, and redies an attack against the pirate that's in front of him.

Readied attack if fog drops. Cutlass+PA+Hero: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 14
Damage +PA+Sneak attack dmg: 1d6 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 + (6) = 15


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 6 Slappy

Besmara's teats the fog is to thick. Help us Kiltem.

Readied actions when fog drops
Thundercall (DC16): 1d8 ⇒ 6
Snapdragon Fireworks Yellow(DC16): 1d4 ⇒ 3
Snapdragon Fireworks Black(DC16): 1d4 ⇒ 2


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Even 5' away the fog is close enough to obscure Ko's view (miss anyway).

Ko struggles with the fog while Slappy awaits a view of the melee.

MISS: 2d100 ⇒ (33, 86) = 119
Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Fortunately for the druid, the marines can't connect either.

Meanwhile, Lucky continues to work as the screams of the sailors fill his ears!

Round 6:
Kiltem: Go

Round 7: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Lock: 3 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 6

Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 22
Shillelagh 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13

Kiltem’s rage cant be sated till he kills one of these marines. He dodges one swing and catches another cutlass on his shield. Then he returns with a powerful sweep of his club.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem feels the satisfying crunch of a skull splitting. He can see that there is but one foe left. He's a bit below the druid, so he has a bit of cover from his current position. I'll preemptively assume you close the distance.

Round 7: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Lock: 3 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Was Lucky's DD of 16 good enough to find the right key? If not, I think the best bet is to keep trying that...

art continues to simply keep an eye out for danger or other clues.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Ooc- How sturdy is this freakin' door?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky is CURRENTLY picking the lock (Door is strong wood. Cutting it down or breaking it are the other options.) He can keep going and Art can bring him the keys.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky keeps working at this devilishly complex lock.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Let Kiltem and Ko kill this last guy. Then we can come help. Hopefully Lucky will have it picked by then.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Lucky.... Gently shake keys...


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Man now you offer him keys when he finally has the pick and drag set to open the lock. Cap'n please don't invalidate all his hard work :)


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I thought that Lucky's earlier DD of 16 was to find the correct key. I didn't realize I had to offer them to him, would have done it at least 1 round ago.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

DD to get the correct key: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art and Lucky: Lucky has been picking the lock (locks take 2d4 rounds to pick. Outside of combat that gets hand-waived.) The action economy for Art is: move to perceive the keys. Move to pick them up, move to bring them to Lucky. Lucky would need a move to take them, and a standard to pick one. I'll assume Art has done all of his.

Art finds the keys and rushes them over to Lucky. The sounds of the screams drown out the jingling sound, so Art has to tap Lucky on the shoulder. The rogue stops what he's doing and figures out which key it has to be!

Round 7: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Keys
Ko: Go
Lucky: Picks a key
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Lock: 3 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Alright Priannah crew, get on over there and start transferring cargo. Sandara take two of the crew and lets get some planks to the burning ship so we can rescue their crew quickly. Just stay out of the fog for a minute. Don’t want any of ya soft bellies to get stabbed. No not you! You stay in the crows nest and keep an eye out. Slappy yells to get the crew to take action.

Slappy laughs at his own joke while poking his belly which is a little soft. The humor continues to inspire the crew.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Slappy’s continues to direct the fireworks while they last to just off the ships but not high, unless a target presents itself.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

why don't we have Ko action wait till the end of round. Go ahead Chris w/ enemy action


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The marine does his best, despite the fact that it's sinking in - he no longer hears the war cries of his companions:

1d100 ⇒ 25 but the fog proves his undoing.

All of a sudden a massive eruption rocks both ships! The Vorsfang rapidly starts taking on water as the Famished Mane also begins to list. All acrobatics checks are now -2

Round 7: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Keys
Lucky: Picks a key
Slappy: Holding steady
Famished Mane: Miss
Kiltem: Go
Ko: Go

DM:

Lock: 3 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko opens his ears, trying to locate the foe through the swirling fog.
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Thinking he has located him, he strikes, driving his blade downward with fierce abandon!
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 20
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 18
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 = 12


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

sorry meant to post this last night

Rage sated now that brain matter coated his Shillelagh, the druid finally takes a moment of effort to release the fog spell. Thank you Papa... Kiltem has a certain sense of satisfaction with the magical fog and confounding several foes while the others took care of business. He pondered how to use this better next time.

Now Ko's attack should land home w/ the fog dispelled


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The fog clears just a moment before Ko swings. The clear air is just what the big man needed! The cut is deep, but not fatal. Still, being stuck between Kiltem and Ko is unenviable.

Meanwhile the fire rages. The party estimates than within the minute it might spread to the Pirhana

Round 8: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD
Ko: TBD

DM:

Lock: 3 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 10


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 8

The fog clears, and the gnome rejoices. He claps his hands and the clap expands and thundercalls the lone pirate left. He then directs his two of the snap dragons towards the lone pirate.

Thundercall (DC16): 1d8 ⇒ 1
SnapDragon (DC16) x 2: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy brings down the thunder! 1d20 ⇒ 7 The man is stunned! With his weapon dropped and his senses unavailable, there's little he can do to stem the tide of violence Kiltem and Ko bring.

With Lucky switching to the key proper he manages to open the door. The trapped sailors rush out and immediately cross to the Famished Mane. Eighteen second later the Vorsfang splits and begins a rapid descent.

The fires aboard the Famished Mane are bad, but not insurmountable. The crew of both the Vorsfang and the Pirhana look around for someone to take the wheel.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art yells LUCKY!! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF HERE NOW!! and only once Lucky makes his leap, does Art cross to the Famished Mane.

Acrobatics, derring do: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (5) = 17

He then issues orders, yelling across the water to the Piranha.

SENDARA!! Pull away to be out of danger, NOW!

Turning to the rest of the pirates, his own crew & those he & Lucky just saved...GET THESE FIRES OUT. He then leaps to the wheel, and tries to get away from the Vorsfang with all his skill.

profession (pirate): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Besmara...if I needed your blessing, it's NOW!!

Use Besmara's Blessing trait to reroll prof(sailor) roll

profession (pirate): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

(thanks, biotch)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Slappy breaks out his wand, and summons a small water elemental which he then directs to start putting out the fires with its drench ability.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

OUTSTANDING Slappy!!


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Chris, are you saying the fight is basically over w/ Kiltem and Ko on the job?
If so, the druid will help w/ putting out the fire. With his Create Water Orison, he can bring in 10 gallons of water w/ each casting. Not nearly as good as Slappy's brilliant idea of water elemental but it should help/make a difference.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Rewards come after the situation is resolved.

Slappy and Kiltem manage to extinguish the fire on the Famished Mane. Art and Lucky curate the crew. Once the excitement dies down, the party has plenty of time to look around and appreciate the scene.

There are bodies everywhere. Even the Pirahana lost a few crew members. The Vorsfang is utterly lost. If there were any sailors still living on it when it went down, they're Besmara's now.

The Famished Mane is also likely lost. The fire, while out, has done tremendous damage on top of the stress of being so close to a sinking ship's vortex. Thankfully the cargo hold is intact.

The rescued sailors are extremely grateful and immediately seek to sign on with you...


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Once the danger is past, Art relinquishes the wheel. To their new recruits...

You lot, go with Ko & Kiltem there, and see what is salvageable from the hold so we can bring it on our ship. Then, we'll see about who wants to sign on.

Next order of business...what to do with the Famished Mane. Once the officers are together, Art opines it's possible that the ship *might* be usable for scrap, but is that more trouble than it's worth? I'm thinking we just scuttle the thing & be on our way, rather than try to split the crew & babysit the tub back to Rickity's. What do you boys think?

Any of my crew's deaths will be dealt with in an appropriate & dignified manner. I tend to think individual burials at sea are far more appropriate than, say, setting them on this other ship before sinking it...so we won't do that second one.

Once the cargo is stowed, we've decided what to do with FM, and respectfully taken care of our dead & helped our wounded, is there anything else before we continue on toward the dragon??

EDIT: crap, almost forgot!! Any of the resisting marines have valuables worth liberating??


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

While the Famished Mane is likely lost does it have anything we can canniblize off of it? Say a ship upgrade for ourself better rudder, sails, lines, ram, heck even crows nest


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The crew begins working quickly.

The Pirhana recovers from loses, gains 2 Plunder from the Famished Mane, each of you earns 480 XP for combat, and a bonus of 240 XP each for rescuing the crew.

From the fallen enemy you recover a total of 6 potions of CLW, 6 oils of magic weapon, and 54 Gp.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

ok...binnis is taken care of? Off to the DRAGON????


Male Human Druid 5, HP 50/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
ok...binnis is taken care of? Off to the DRAGON????

Yes!


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Agreed, to the dragon!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party repairs the minor damage the ship before heading out. There's a full day of sailing before arriving at the atoll. Does anyone have anything in particular they want to do as you approach? Due to the pace of the game, I recommend going back and checking your research.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Dungeon Master S wrote:
The party repairs the minor damage the ship before heading out. There's a full day of sailing before arriving at the atoll. Does anyone have anything in particular they want to do as you approach? Due to the pace of the game, I recommend going back and checking your research.

Slappy reads that Brine Dragons have no weaknesses, and that their breath is a devastating line of extremely acidic water. Depending on its age, the dragon might be able to cast spells affecting water. The text describes spells like Aqueous orb, Sleet Storm, and Obscuring mist.

And the next couple posts shows Kiltem purchasing 3 scrolls of Protection from Energy.

Any specific thoughts on how to take this beastie down quickly, and without deaths on our side? Splitting up somehow would be a good start, if we can do that...


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Cap'n, we can try to protect the ship by coming onto the island from another direction and walking to the treasure. Then we either abscond with it while the dragon is gone, or if we happen to drive it off, or kill it, we can sail the ship to pick up our bounty after.

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,664 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.