Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+9[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: [dice]d4[/dice]


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,812 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

That's not your ship. You're surprising pirates who are in the process of scuttling a ship.

Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Kiltem summons Gozreh's power without lowering his defenses to the pirate next to him, cloaking the bow in a supernaturally thick fog.

Art makes the jump to the Famished Mane with aplomb, but he finds these marines a bit more competent than the last as his blade is parried.

Slappy harmonizes with Kiltem's magic! [ooc]Blue and Red are completely obscured to Slappy, moving to Black and Green.
Black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Round 2: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go

Slappy: Bard!
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Black: 1
Green: 2 (Stunned for Round 2)
Red: 5


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Rolling for DM

Thundercall on "Thundercall White Blue and Red:": Additional save for Red

Red Fort DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Thank you!

Round 2: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go

Slappy: Bard!
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Black: 1
Green: 2 (Stunned for Round 2)
Red: 5 (Stunned for Round 2)


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko draws his cutlass and leaps to battle!

acrobatics,jump: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

ugh...what happens to Ko with a jump like that?


Male Human Druid 5, HP 37/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Harisko "Ko" wrote:
ugh...what happens to Ko with a jump like that?

spend a round swimming?

I think Slappy has a RopeUse spell, maybe he can help you up?


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Second
  • Current HPs:30/30
  • Vanished

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Once Lucky gets into position, flanking the blue pirate, he attacks with his blade, aiming for his kidneys.

Sneak Attack - Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) = 9.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko takes a wind up and rushes to the edge of the Pirhana. As he leaves the deck, his foot gets tangled in a line and he flails while in the air.

Ko can make a DC 15 Reflex save to grab the edge of the Famished Mane.. If you pass, you're hanging from the edge, and need at move action to get aboard (which will draw an AoO.) You're also flat footed while hanging. If you FAIL, you're in the drink and need to make Swim checks (on which you can take 10.)

Lucky has no problem getting across, leaping with panache. Unfortunately the armored marine's back plate protects him from the blow.

Taking pirate turn now, though still need resolution from Ko.

The pirates in the fog do their best to deal with Kiltem.
The fog gets the best of one of them, but the other scores a lucky hit.2d100 ⇒ (18, 84) = 102
ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

One wanders abaft and makes an attack from the fog out towards Lucky.
1d100 ⇒ 73, but his thrust is wild and off target.

The other pirates shake their heads and finally get their wits about them (though they've dropped their blades.)

Round 2: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Uh oh
Lucky: Miss
Slappy: Bard!
Famished Mane: ATK
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Black: 1
Blue: 2 (Stunned for Round 2)
Red: 5 (Stunned for Round 2)


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko tripped at the last minute, spoiling his jump, and pitching face forward over the side. Only his height and long reach gave him any hope. He reached desperately for a rope dangling in front of him.

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

He missed, plummeting into the drink. The briny water engulfed him. He surged to the surface, coughing up water and cursing his luck. He kicked towards the enemy ship, looking for purchase on its side.

Ok, lol, my swim checks are 15s, so I swim over to the edge of the ship and try to climb up. I'm guessing I have to wait until next round to try that?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Not exactly. Strictly speaking, Ko only moved. So he can take his second move action. You'll autopass the swim check, so it's time for a climb check. Pass a 15 and you're on the deck next turn.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 37/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 2

The druid grimaces at the marine who gives him a good cut. Now finished his spell Kiltem swings his club with extreme violence, his vision cutting right through the supernatural fog.

Power Attack 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 27

club 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem gives the marine a serious smash as bone breaks!

Round 3: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Pick your square on the ship and take a Standard action (if you pass the Climb)
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Black: 1
Blue: 2 (Stunned for Round 2)
Red: 5 (Stunned for Round 2)
Yellow: 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko snagged a dangling rope and hauled himself up.

climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Yes!!


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Third
  • Current HPs: 30/30
  • Un-Vanished

Lucky continues slashing at the blue pirate's undefended flank with a series of carefully aimed strikes. He can hear the sounds of close combat from within the cloud behind him, but he tries to stay focused, trusting his mates to do their parts.

Sneak Attack - Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage

Sneak Attack - Off Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) = 11.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round (adds to duration).

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Pirannah!!! Slappy's rally cry rings out. But then he quickly falls into spell casting . His fingers give a little snap at the end of the incantation and a ball of sulfur consumes the bag it was contained in. A small dragon zig zags towards red and explodes in a shower of sparks.

Snapdraon Fireworks DC16 1d4 ⇒ 4

Lingering performance Inspire rd 2/2, Snapdragon Fireworks 1/5


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art works with Lucky to take the blue pirate down.

Rapier, precise strike: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 5 = 11


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art drives his blade into the marine's side, but the man is made of stern stuff, and keeps his feet under him! When the marine turns to face the swashbuckler though, Lucky seizes the opening. His first swing hits armor, but his second gets him in the neck! The marine finally falls!

Ko, despite the mishap, gets back into the fight quickly, ready to take out some of the enemy Still have a standard

Red REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Slappy nails his target with a snapdragon. The damage isn't severe, but the man seems dazzled by the lights.

Round 3: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Hit
Ko: Standard
Lucky: Kill
Slappy: Hit
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Black: 1
Red: 9
Yellow: 10


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Ko is unavailable right now, I am posting for him. You did say for him to pick a square for him to be on the ship. I moved him accordingly

The pirate's eyes still dazzled by the firework that exploded i his face swears his eyes are playing tricks on him as the slayer pulls himself over the gunnel with his cutlass between his teeth.

With the slap of his feet landing on the deck, the hands grab the sword and spin it in a powerful 4 to 10 slash.

Cutlass vs Red: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 = 13


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's slash is powerful, but hits only armor.

So in my haste to post from mobile, I just realized that Lucky and Art don't flank, as Lucky is 5' up. Not rewinding, but it affects my actions:

In the fog, Kiltem fights off two marines at the same time: 2d100 ⇒ (4, 62) = 66 One stabs wildly off target in the mist, but the other is close
ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 THREAT
ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 and scores a deep cut with his cutlass! 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11

The pirate by Lucky tries to shove the rogue over the edge to the deck below! Bull Rush: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, but Lucky manages to brace his foot against the rail at the last second. The attempt leaves the marine open!

The last two marines slash down with their cutlasses, the one facing Ko does it blinking out the fireworks:

White v. Art: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 MISS
Red v. Ko: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

That's when you first hear the screaming! From the burning ship the sounds of men feeling the lick of flames.

Round 3: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Hit
Ko: Standard
Lucky: Kill
Slappy: Hit
Famished Mane: ATK
Kiltem: Go

Round 3: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go + AoO
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Black: 1
Red: 9 Dazzled
Yellow: 10


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the First
  • Current HPs:

Lucky lashes out at the pirate behind him in retaliation for the nasty shove.

Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7...

but he realizes his strike was clumsy and isnt surprised that it glances off the man's poised blade.

Lucky turns to starboard and shouts across the stretch of open water to his crew still on the Piranha, "Maneuver alongside the burning ship!"

Then with the screams of burning men wafting across the water, he bolts to port, heading for the inferno to try to save anyone he can help to safety! Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26

Lucky trusts the burlier members of his own party to finish the melee.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky's strike is off kilter, but his quick thinking tumbling gets him away scott free. He gets across without a problem. The screams are coming from below. The rogue looks around and spots a padlocked hatch. It shakes from being pounded on from below!

Suddenly the mast topples from the flame. It's coming right for the rogue. FIRE: 1d6 ⇒ 2 and Bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 4 REF DC 17 for half.

I've added a tag on the map for the lock.

Round 3: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go

Lucky: Move!
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Red: 9 Dazzled
Yellow: 10


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

LUCKY!! sound off if you need help!!

seeing the mighty Ko come up from the drink, Art grins ferociously. You boys are about to have a VERY bad day.

He shifts over to flank with his friend. His gun appears in his hand, and he makes both a stab, and an audacious shot to the white pirate's face! Spend 1 panache to avoid the AoO for firing while threatened

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Pistol, vs touch: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 are you pooping me right now
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

Art yells out a vile epithet as his pistol misfires...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art's focus is decidedly not on his foe as both his attacks miss!

Round 3: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Move!
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Red: 9 Dazzled
Yellow: 10


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 3 Posting for Ko

The Bekyar Mwangi was smiling, and he paused to give Slappy a thumbs up. During the pause he caught an advantage from the pirate between he and Captain Delgado. He would put that to use in a moment until then the pirate below him needed his attention.

Cutlass PA, Hero, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage PA,: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10

Cutlass Crit Confirm PA, Hero, Inspire: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage PA: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9

Move action study target white. 5'step so the green is more than 5'away from Art when he flanks.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 3

With a leap and a dash Lucky avoids the mast. Free the screams by any means. The bad pirates will meet their demise.

Slappy oratory inspires the crew. While another small dragon streaks towards the pirate between Ko and the Captain.

Snapdragon Fireworks DC16 vs White: 1d4 ⇒ 2

White Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Third (continued)
  • Current HPs:30-4=26/30

Saving Throw!: 1d20 ⇒ 17 plus...

Modifiers:
  • Fortitude: +3
  • Reflex: +9 | Vs. Traps: +1
  • Will: +2


Male Human Druid 5, HP 37/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round ?

Kiltem gives another fierce grin as he takes another slice from a cutlass. He makes a mental note of his foolishness of not having more enchantments cast before combat.

He trusts in the fog for cover and casts Shillelagh


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ha! Slappy finally deals the crit for Ko! Ko's hit is perfectly aimed. The blade opens the man's neck and throat. He drops to the deck!

White is dead, moving firework to Red Slappy sends off another burst, catching the forward marine in the face for a second time.

Despite the display, that same marine tries to slash Ko's ankles Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16 but only the stars in his eyes foil the attack.

The marine amidship follows after Lucky! AoO from Lucky and as he lands on the deck, slashes at the rogue! Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9, but he attacked before his feet were planted.

Astern, both pirates try their best to deal with the fog. 2d100 ⇒ (73, 47) = 120 one of them gets close! Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, but Kiltem is ready. The fog covers the druid's spell casting. If only the marines knew what Kiltem can do with his whack'em stick.

Round 4: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Red: 11 Dazzled
Yellow: 10


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art stabs at Red.

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 5 + 1 = 16

jebus, i should just quit all my games...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Mike, clearly Pathfinder hates you. At least paizo.com does.

Art's stab is foiled by the marine's breastplate.

Round 4: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Red: 11 Dazzled
Yellow: 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: 26/30

Lucky turns to see his opponent flying through the air at him just in time. With barely a moment to react, the rogue slashes at the pirate's midsection with his blade, trying to time it for when the man lands on the deck.

AoO: Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Then after the pirate's wild swing, Lucky takes aim once again. This time Lucky strikes higher, angling his Kukri for the man's grimy neck.

Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky catches the man's neck, but it's just a nick! The screams behind him intensify. The fire must be excruciating.

Round 4: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Hit
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Red: 11 Dazzled
Yellow: 10
Green: 7


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Off Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Somewhere an Orange Juice carton rumbles ominously.


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 4 for Ko

Ko’s feels the blade pass close enough to his arms to have shaved them if he had hair. But the studied target shows an opening.

Cutlass PA, Hero, Studied, Inspire: 1d20 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 11


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Oh ya add +1 for some bardic gangsta rap


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 4

The gnome again tries his magic dropping a second tiny dragon firework that streaks off and zigzags towards the pirate on lucky. His lingering oratory continues to inspire the crew.

Snapdragon Fireworks DC 16 on Red: 1d4 ⇒ 2 round 3 of 5
Snapdragon Fireworks DC16 on Green: 1d4 ⇒ 2. Round 1 of 5

Reflex save Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Reflex save Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:
    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: 26/30

Lucky turns to see his opponent flying through the air at him just in time. With barely a moment to react, the rogue slashes at the pirate's midsection with his blade, trying to time it for when the man lands on the deck.

AoO: [Dice=Main Hand Kukri]1d20+5 for [dice=Damage]1d4+4.

Then after the pirate's wild swing, Lucky takes aim once again. This time Lucky strikes higher, angling his Kukri for the man's grimy neck.

[Dice=Main Hand Kukri]1d20+5 for [dice=Damage]1d4+4.

roll a crit confirmation, bro


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Slappy Wundershart wrote:

Round 4 for Ko

Ko’s feels the blade pass close enough to his arms to have shaved them if he had hair. But the studied target shows an opening.

[Dice=Cutlass PA, Hero, Studied, Inspire]1d20-2+2+1+1
[dice=Damage]1d6+3+4+1

You forgot to add Ko's normal +8 to hit on that hit roll, making teh result 23, not 15.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:
    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: 26/30

Lucky turns to see his opponent flying through the air at him just in time. With barely a moment to react, the rogue slashes at the pirate's midsection with his blade, trying to time it for when the man lands on the deck.

AoO:

Then after the pirate's wild swing, Lucky takes aim once again. This time Lucky strikes higher, angling his Kukri for the man's grimy neck.

roll a crit confirmation, bro

Crit confirmation: Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky's off hand is a bit off target, so the marine keeps the pressure on, despite his wounds. Then, Besmara smiles, the first wound begins to bleed profusely.

Ko takes the opening and cuts the marine across the neck, dropping him into a heap. Slappy helps him out, catching his foe with another firework!

The melee in the fog continues 2d100 ⇒ (91, 49) = 140 ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10. The marines miss, and they have no idea what's coming their way....

Lucky's one on one fight on the burning ship turns to life and death as the ship burns around him and the screams intensify Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 = 5, but the fickle sea goddess continues to be amused!

Round 4: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Miss
Ko: Kill
Lucky: Hit
Slappy: Firework
Famished Mane: ATK
Kiltem: Go!

DM:

Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10
Green: 15 (Dazzled)


Male Human Druid 5, HP 37/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 4

The druid feels his mighty empowered wood in hand. Eyes cutting through the fog he smiles as he swings his club.

Power Attack 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 15 I feel your pain Mike
Shillelagh 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 19


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

ROUND 5

Good work Ko! Go help Kiltem; I'll give Lucky a hand!

He gives Ko a jaunty salute, then adroitly leaps across to the burning ship.
use panache for derring do
acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (4) = 12 <--whoa, good thing

He then takes his rapier to Green.

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28 <--threat!!
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 5 + 1 = 16

confirm: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 20
crit damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

I've got this swab, Lucky! Save those sailors!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Fifth
  • Current HPs: 26/30

He takes a deep breath and trusts in his Cap'n to protect him during the ensuing moments while tries to jimmy the lock. He turns away from his opponent, drops his knives with a powerful flick of both wrists, embedding their points into the teak decking.

His lock picks fairly leap out of his belt pouch, and in a moment, all Lucky sees are the tumblers and pins of the rusty padlock as he finesses them with his tools. He closes his eyes to the distractions around hi; the flames, the screams, the throbbing pain of his wound, and the familiar swell of the sea all fall away...

Wheelchair! (Disabled Device): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 = 27


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem swings his shillelagh hard enough to kill the marine outright, but it's off target.

Meanwhile, powered purely by guile and verve, Art makes it across and quickly dispatches the marine harrying Lucky confirmed crit kill

Lucky starts in on the lock. IT's a fair amount more complicated than he expected. He's extremely confident that he's on the right track, but it'll take upwards of a minute of work on the burning ship to get it open.

Round 5: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go

Lucky: DD
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Lock: 5 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 5 for Ko

Ko looks at the fog and smiles. Besmara has blessed me with silent feet. Now lets see if I can find my brother in battle as he steps into the soupy fog.

Perception to get the correct square: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Ko moves just to the east of Black. I can’t move people on the map


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

[b]Round 5 Slappy]

Kiltem release Besmara’s concealing blessing. Help is on the way!

Ready action. When Kiltem releases the fog thundercallto hit both pirates, but not my friends. Move action Snapdraon fireworks 1 to each pirate. Lingering performance

Thundercall (DC16): 1d8 ⇒ 4
Snapdragon Fireworks Yellow (DC16): 1d4 ⇒ 2
Snapdragon Fireworks Black (DC16): 1d4 ⇒ 4


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art is unwilling to risk ruining Lucky's concentration, but he's unsure what he can do now...

Is there
1) any way to try to find another way to get the locked folk out, without undue risk of burning to death?
2) any way to assist Lucky's DD, if I'm untrained?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

To both those questions, no. Sadly.

Ko does his best to creep up astern to help Kiltem. Slappy continues to send of fireworks on ships full of fire. Dropping the spell is a stadandard action, so I'll let Kiltem post his turn first.

Round 5: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Double Move
Lucky: DD
Slappy: Ready
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Lock: 5 rounds
Status: Mast down
Black: 1
Yellow: 10

2,151 to 2,200 of 2,812 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.