Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+9[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: [dice]d4[/dice]


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,807 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:

I suggest we go for this sunken wreck first. It's closer, and thus more likely for attention from someone less worthy than us! How about we spend some time researching what we can about brine dragons? We can also look for magical do-dads to help us get to the wreck & salvage it--I know Kiltem can get at least some of us to breathe underwater, but swimming easier would help too.

Then on our return, we can look into the lizard folk tribe--who knows, maybe we can do some diplomacy that does not devolve into bloodshed!

Art makes sure they've secured the Aspis badges, as they will certainly come in handy.

The druid nods and ponders it for a moment. He informs the Capitan he does indeed have a spell for water breathing. Divided among the party, the enchantment would work for about 2 hours. Actually a bit longer since I myself would probably take a squid form and wouldn't need it... He rambles on a bit and does say that it only gives the ability to breath water, not any extra skill at swimming or moving through the sea.

He goes on to say he does have three scrolls with Touch of the Sea enchantments. These would let each person swim like a fish. But are very short term. Only last about a minute. Maybe just long enough to battle a brine dragon...

First level wands are cheap. A Touch of the Sea Wand might be a good investment for he party.

Kiltem stares off into the distance as he munches on a bit of ship's biscuit. What do I know of brine dragons and/or atolls...

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem doesn't know much. He knows that they are true dragons, which means they are dangerous but not overly so when they hatch, but over a thousand years they can become truly frightening. Legend has it that their teeth are so covered in salt crystals that even glancing contact with their teeth is agonizing....

As far as atolls, it's a ring shaped island of coral. It's a bit weird to have a ship in the middle of one.

If you're looking to get the low down on brine dragons and this mission in particular, you can really do two things. Go to a library and spend 1 day doing research. This will give you a +3. Brine dragons are governed by knowledge (Arcana). You can also canvass all of bloodcove and make a Diplomacy (Gather Information) check.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Diplomacy: Gather Info: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 over 1d4 ⇒ 3 hours...


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Kiltem starts to “help” then Lucky reminds him he should keep his eyes peeled for trouble and just sip his drink quietly in the background.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem doesn't much help, but Lucky manages to get a bit more information.

What the dashing rogue does find out is intriguing...

Kelizar’s Atoll is the name of the place. A fearsome brine dragon named Nicorydine used to claim the area, hoarding treasure. The crew of The Saber's Kiss managed to kill her, but they didn't realize they had made an enemy. In revenge for the death of his mother, Kelizar, offspring of Nicorydine sank the Saber’s Kiss within his territory.

Kelizar is believed to have an appreciation for Taldan items and dress. It’s said that an explorer from Taldor once washed up near Kelizar’s lair and regaled him with Taldan folklore and stories of knights and princesses. The dragon is now widely rumored to have a high regard for courtly manners and poetry.

Anyone else? (There's also the library route.)


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I could try GI but can only get slightly higher...

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art doesn't pick up anything new about this Kelizar, but does confirm everything Lucky reports.

What's the plan now pirates?


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Someone needs to at least try researching bribe dragons...anyone?


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Ok this is just fn ridiculous I posted a nice RP post to go to the library.. but fn Paizo ate it... Anyway. Slappy takes 20 on Know Arcana, gets a 29, needs an assist from someone, or can I pay a little gold to increase my final result..


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |
Slappy Wundershart wrote:
Ok this is just fn ridiculous I posted a nice RP post to go to the library.. but fn Paizo ate it... Anyway. Slappy takes 20 on Know Arcana, gets a 29, needs an assist from someone, or can I pay a little gold to increase my final result..

I always copy the contents of a post before hitting submit.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Diplomacy: Smooth Operator: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Lucky ambles into the library on Slappy's heels, spots a librarian trying to relocate a bookshelf and struggling with it. She would have been quite fetching a handful of summers and a few kids ago.

He does his level best to make her feel special. His charming affect and the glances he half-hides at her bosoms hopefully have an effect as he tries to appeal to her for her help with Slappy's research.

Since she is so smart and so pretty, would she please help a hopeless sea dog to do a bit of research?

As icing on the cake, Lucky offers to help her move the shelves to their new spot across the library while she helps Slappy.

After she indicates where the shelves should go, Lucky starts his labor with a smile.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Despite Slappy's best efforts, his savoir-faire doesn't extend to the actual research. Regardless, Slappy finds a tome that perfectly covers his topic. 1d12 ⇒ 5

It's Shintack's primal Dragon Primer. Ask any 2 questions about brine dragons.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!
Dungeon Master S wrote:

Despite Slappy's best efforts, his savoir-faire doesn't extend to the actual research. Regardless, Slappy finds a tome that perfectly covers his topic. d12

It's Shintack's primal Dragon Primer. Ask any 2 questions about brine dragons.

Wait, so the librarian didnt aid slappy? If not, Lucky moves the bookshelves back where they started, then knocks them over. I mean, really... he is a pirate after all.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Nope. Slappy already received a +3 for the quality of the library and the people who work there.

What now pirates?


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Can I spend gold to affect the result, or are we using hero points? Also weaknesses and special attacks or spells


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

No hero points.

Slappy reads that Brine Dragons have no weaknesses, and that their breath is a devastating line of extremely acidic water. Depending on its age, the dragon might be able to cast spells affecting water. The text describes spells like Aqueous orb, Sleet Storm, and Obscuring mist.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:

No hero points.

Slappy reads that Brine Dragons have no weaknesses, and that their breath is a devastating line of extremely acidic water. Depending on its age, the dragon might be able to cast spells affecting water. The text describes spells like Aqueous orb, Sleet Storm, and Obscuring mist.

The druid ponders this for a moment. Kilt tells the group he does have a spell to give protection for acid. Perhaps they should buy some extra scrolls as he lacks the ability to protect everyone in the party.

DM, find 3-5 scrolls of Protection from Energy. We have the funds. What do I need to roll for chance of finding in BloodCove?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Anything above level one is a straight up 75% chance of being available in a store: high is good: 5d100 ⇒ (11, 52, 35, 8, 39) = 145

Kiltem shops throughout Bloodcove, eventually finding a total of three scrolls available for purchase before supply runs out.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid smiles big showing his crooked tooth when he finds the three scrolls. He starts to count out the money and then getting frustrated hands the money to Lucky and asks him to finish the transaction.

Are we ready? Lets plot a course! The druid begins whistling a horrible offkey shanty as he considers the winds and tides.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

2d100 ⇒ (29, 66) = 95

The party heads out, due west for a dragon-guarded atoll. On the evening of their first night a call from the crow's nest puts an interesting cap on a quiet day of sailing.

Off to the North, a column of black smoke rises into the sky. It's only about two miles away, but there's no land there...

Investigate or dragon?


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Conferring with the officers, Art opines I'm thinking the smoke won't last, but the dragon will still be there in another day. I think we should take a look north.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

"I agree." Lucky and Kilt reply in unison.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
Conferring with the officers, Art opines I'm thinking the smoke won't last, but the dragon will still be there in another day. I think we should take a look north.

Aye Capitan, my marines are ready to defend the ship. . The crew that isnt dedicated to sailing the ship starts readying weapons and preparing for anything.

The ship heads toward the smoke


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

It'll be tonight before I can get to this, likely 2200 EST.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
It'll be tonight before I can get to this, likely 2200 EST.

Time and tide wait for no man...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The Pirhana alters course to check out the smoke. Soon the source becomes instantly identifiable, as it's a common scene in the life of a pirate. A pair of ships are currently grappled together. The smoke is coming from one ship, heavily burning. The other has its sails furled, but seems about to cut loose and set the burning ship adrift....

It seems the winning ship is a bit busy, as there's no one in the crow's nest. You could strike if you wanted. Map is updated to show the two ships. you're currently too far to be added to the map.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Lucky wants to take the victor and says so!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

No mechanics necessary, just give me a rough approach plan.


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Directly at them. Fastest approach to ram them! (Pending Captain's OK)


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ramming is 100% awesome.... and requires us to now be proficient on naval combat rules.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

I have WIFI so am posting. Honestly, Kiltem is up for whatever. As a slightly different tact. The druid could wildshape into a squid and swim up the ship and use warp wood to disable their rudder. Then if they turn out to be friends its an easy fix.
Or seriously whatever. Anyone feel free to come up with a plan using any of Kiltem’s powers or spells. Fog Cloud or whatnot


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

PEDANTIC!!!:
FYI, since we're all ship-folk, it's "different tack," not "different tact" Tack in this context refers to sail/ship positioning to sail according to how the wind is going (thus "taking a different tack" would be "trying something from another direction")

Lucky has the right of the main gist: sail directly at them. If they're occupied, the faster we get there the more likely the surprise.

Ramming is a possibility, as we have a ram installed. However, I worry about sinking a ship that we wanna loot. I say we do both Lucky's thought of direct sail (reserving the right to ram if necessary) and Kiltem can swim up ahead of us & wreck the rudder.

GO!!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The Pirhana cuts a straight line to the ships. Just before engaging, Kiltem dives off, turning into a sea monster as he hits the water. In no time you're confident that he has the rudder ruined.

Assuming pre-combat Kiltem uses Wild Shape and Warp Wood. When combat starts, he'll be in the water.

When the other ship finally makes sight of the Pirhana, they'll ill equipped to jump right back into battle. The burning ship bears the name Famished Mane, and the other Vorsfang. Aboard you can see a mostly Chelish crew. A half dozen marines in much heavier armor than you're accustomed to scurry to prepare for combat! Sandara Quinn takes the wheel allowing you maraud to your heart's content!

Foes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Round 1: 100' Away. Closing at 75' per round.
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art lets fly with a sling stone, hoping to get lucky (not Lucky)

attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

haha!! a great time to burn a nat 1!!!


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: 30/30

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 20 for Damage:: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Lucky aims his Crossbow at one if the crew and releases the bolt!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art's stone is way off course, but Lucky's shot wings the shoulder of the closest marine! Red

Round 1: 100' Away. Closing at 75' per round.
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Hit
Slappy: Go
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Red: 2


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Since Heroism is a long duration Slappy would cast it on Ko before we started inititive.

Slappy calms the crew down with a few witty comments.

Inspire courage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy bolsters Ko, and then gives the entire crew a boost!

Round 1: 100' Away. Closing at 75' per round.
Art: Miss
Ko: Go
Lucky: Hit
Slappy: Bard!
Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Red: 2


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

The wind rushing past, Ko takes aim with his crossbow.

Studied target
lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 15
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Crit confirmation
lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 14
Crit additional damage
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's bolt is off target, despite Slappy's magic.

The crew of the Famished Mane responds in kind with a hail of bolts at the Pirhana

6d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6, 5, 6, 6) = 28 A few of your own crew are hit and a couple even go down. The thought occurs to each of you that you barely know their names.... there's no time to dwell though:

ATK v. Art: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 for DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 1
ATK v. Ko: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 2 = 6
ATK v. Lucky: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 = 14
ATK v. Slappy: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9
bonus: 1d5 ⇒ 3
ATK v. Lucky: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9

Round 1:
Kiltem: Go (Needs Bot)

Round 2: 25' Away. Closing at 25' per round.
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Red: 2


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art fires off another shot, brushing the minor bolt hit away.

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He then drops his sling, and gets ready to board!!

Jebus, SRSLY?? 2 1's in a row. Dammit. glad it's just "bonus damage"


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Slappy continues to inspire the crew this time he gives Lucky a boost by turning him invisible for a short time.

Cast Vanish on Lucky. Has 5 rounds of invisiblity use them well sir. Swift continue inspire courage. Please move Slappy to near lucky, but have him hunker down behind cover from the arrows.


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko ducks the incoming missiles and fires back at his target.

lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Crit confirmation
lt crossbow,att: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25
Crit additional damage
lt crossbow,dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Second
  • Current HPs: 30/30
  • Vanished until round 7

Lucky lays his bow down next to him, and as he releases it, the weapon appears suddenly, no longer invisible.

He draws his Kukris and makes for the prow. He perches himself to leap to the deck of the Famished Mane as soon as he can.

Readied action to jump as soon as he can... planning to sneak to an officer or other prime target.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

questions Chris, can Kiltem find a line dangling? Or someother way he is confident he can climb up the enemy ship? That is what he will do with his rounds. He wants to board and start clubbing people to death

Climb 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kiltem, I'll let you climb up like a squid in ol'timey paintings. You can revert once atop.

The seas monster version of Kiltem latches himself to the stern of the Famished Mane dozens of sailors turn their attention to the druid, and their fear abates not at all when he reverts to his normal form!

Art continues to struggle with his aim as the two ships come in close. From the wheel Sandara yells, "PIRATES! Get ready to earn your scars!"

Ko manages to wing the same marine, but the man is ready for more.

Lucky moves into place, ready to take out the marine in the back.

Slappy gives Lucky a bit of a boost.

All the while, crossbow bolts rain down on the Pirahana:

V. Art: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 MISS
V. Ko: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 MISS
V. Lucky: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 MISS
V. Slappy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 MISS
V. Kiltem: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 THREAT
Confirm V. Kiltem: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Round 2: 25' Away. Closing at 25' per round.
Kiltem: Go

Round 2: 10' Jump, swing, go!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Famished Mane: TBD
Kiltem: TBD

DM:

Red: 5
Red: 2


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

why is our ship on fire???

Art leaps adroitly, trying to join the brave Kiltem and ruin these pirates’ collective day

Use panache for setting-do
acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (3) = 16

He then draws his rapier like lightning, and takes a stab at black

stab: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 5 + 1 = 11


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 1

Kiltem grits his teeth a bit as a crossbow bolt sinks into his shoulder. He calls out to Papa Storm Cover us in your concealing breath!

Casts Fog Cloud centered between black, yellow, and green baddie. 20’ radius


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 3

The gnome waits for the perfect time, the lingering commentary still inspiring the crew. Slappy pokes his head over the side of the ship, and lets loose with one of his thundercalls on the 3 nearest the bow.

Thundercall White Blue and Red: 1d8 ⇒ 2 Fort Save DC 16 or be stunned 1 round

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,807 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.